Is Ubuntu dying?

New features of 19.04
>gnome 3.30 -> 3.32
>kernel upgrade to 5
>new theme
thats it
Where is the innovation?

Attached: Dell_XPS_Laptop_Front-Desktop.png (694x350, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share/desktop/worldwide/2019
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, they make their money on enterprise shit. They're fine.

Desktop Linux is what's dead.

Ubuntu isn't about innovation. It's about stability and user friendliness. Use rolling releases if you want innovation

>Desktop Linux is dead
Are you retarded? It's growing in market share

Mir and Unity isnt innovation?

Cool. Let me know when it's no longer a rounding error.

What stability?
Taking a snapshot of debian sid and shipping it with gnome+mods?
What user friendliness? Enabling the proprietary drivers by default?
They saved money by firing 20% of the company last year.
They have their telemetry sniffing data from freetards and they focus on cloud and support for paytards.
Any money towards canonical benefits zero the any oss project.
They don't give a shit about upstream-downstream code.

Linux has already 7% of global market share.
5% for chrome os and 2% for the rest of the flavours.

KDE & LXDE > All

>2% non-botnet Linux
>not dead

But their enterprise shit is absolute trash.

>Where is the innovation?
Fedora for innovation.
Debian for stability.
Gentoo for doing whatever you want with your system.
Arch for autism.
Fuck Ubuntu and fuck Canonical.

>botnet excuse
Are you going to consider true linux freetard distros like guixsd and gnewsense because debian fedora and the rest of them are shipping proprietary firmware and/or drivers

gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share/desktop/worldwide/2019

It's even worse

People seem to really like and pay for their kernel live patching.

>growing faster than ever
>dead
hmm

sudo apt install innovation

Linux cannot die. Even if one person keeps on using it it will be alive because it's open source and that person can change it and improve it.
Windows on the other hand will soon be extinct.

I think they also use this theme in 18.10.

>stability
It barely works if you don't touch anything, and completely blows up if you update a single thing.

mir was fighting a fight agains wayland that they could'nt never have won and unity was a modded version of gnome.

Underrated post

Linux Mint is the new ubuntu.

Let me guess: It consumes more RAM than the previous version?

Sure, flatpak/snap support is nice, allows for updating without having to rely on repos. But wasting hundres of megs of RAM just to launch an up to date instance of VLC? For pretending to hardlink libraries? Let em repeat:
>For pretending to hardlink libraries, an act that usually would only take a few bytes at kernel space level
Are they fucking mental? A literal rocket science man doesn't get that the future of Linux lies on ARM and all ARM SoCs got sawed off with 17.04 because of their low RAM configs? And nothing about that got changed in 2 fucking years?

Free functional shit is cool and all, but man, know your limits.

Attached: 1545057384681.png (640x400, 2K)

I have a feeling that (currently) 9.51% "Other" OS is in fact min. 5% some kind of linux derivative and ~4% other shit (like shitsung smart frige os)

Cry all that you want contrarians leet haxors but Ubuntu won, every single normal working person that uses Linux today uses Ubuntu or Fedora.
It literally just works unless you are running retarded tinfoil hat software or a machine from the 90s.

why even bother with non lts versions?

Fedora is the new Ubuntu

>single normal working person that uses Linux
So like 3 people? Cool thing.

This. As Windows fails to improve and continues to bleed the highest skilled users, Linux continues to improve. Ballmer called it a cancer, and he was right.

there's no innovation in software in anything except ai and crypto for years now.

>Linux continues to improve
Yeah cause Linux has improved so much in the last 10 years that Windows has been "dying" for.
All Linux distros still severely lack in the most important factor for a successful OS/program. Ease of use and usability. People still believing that the average user will switch to any distro anytime soon is delusional.

>using ubuntu after they ditched unity

Attached: 1527693833139.jpg (204x190, 7K)

>chrome os

Dunno. I’m a fedora man myself. Innovation usually comes from us.

Very true. Only degenerates use desktop linux

Debian doesn't ship with proprietary firmware. No official Debian .iso contains proprietary software of any kind. You must explicitly install it through the Internet, or use an unofficial iso if you want non-free software out of the box.

Ikr, feels good.

I don't think we'll see many desktop features coming from Canonical after they ditched their DE. It's better to contribute to Debian instead.

Nah, but its userbase may or may not be getting lower since OpenSUSE and Fedora are starting to catch up.
Also Manjaro is #1 in distrowatch for some reason.

Thinking about switching to OpenSUSE since I got a RAM upgrade (16 GB) and don't know what else to do with the rest of the memory (lmao)

Attached: __ram_and_rom_neptune_series_drawn_by_saimon_ma__c31fba4b224fc6f1a1d2cc8c0917d9f4.jpg (1400x2164, 1.2M)

this

Cancer usually comes from you. Fedora was the test bed for Gnome 3 and look what the fuck you did to it.

>dying?
(skottish accent) I dina thonk ats did, I thonk it deed a lang teem agae lardy

>It barely works if you don't touch anything, and completely blows up if you update a single thing.
it works just fine.

t. ubuntu user for almost 10 years

They don't, though.
Red Hat has that market saturated. Nobody wants Canonical. Developers like Ubuntu, people who only have to administer a small amount of servers like Ubuntu, businessess like RHEL and CentOS.

8% Windows installations by 13 year olds with edgy custom user agent strings.