Is gentoo still worth it in 2019?

Is gentoo still worth it in 2019?

Attached: gentoo-logo.png (666x800, 119K)

Yes, it's worth your money.

It has never been worth it.

It might be worth it.

It is both worth it and not worth it.

It is

It is not

Arch is the new Gentoo
Install Arch

Attached: 457364476.jpg (1024x609, 465K)

Install Gentoo

Somewhat

Maybe if you need to pull a tiny bit of performance out of an old server and don't really care about security?

I installed Gentoo last month. Basically it's a way of life. It takes over all your free time and hobbies. It's not worth it if you want to do something with your computer (and spare time) other than install Gentoo and compile programs. Formatted and re installed Debian stable.
Use Debian or Arch. The only reason I'd use Gentoo again is if I was getting paid for it.

That's hot garbage. If anything, you increase security by stripping unneeded features.

Gentoo is slow python trash for GCC enthusiasts

how dumb are you to need to spend days configuring you system? Gentoo is as easy as any distro, use your brainlet and read the fucking wiki

Gentoo has the potential to be more secure than a lot of distros

>the """""""potential"""""""

Attached: 1551752240123.png (480x360, 212K)

/thread

Yeah because it depends on how you configure it you faggot. If you don't use Hardened and additionally go out of your way to disable PIE then yeah it'll not be secure. Otherwise you can roll your own SELinux+AppArmor+SSP+PIE+PaX+idkwhat setup. Also GLSA is a thing.

not patching CVEs because the lack of manpower in months seems pretty secure neetfriend
seeth more, vulnerabilities come everyday all of that are gimmicks if it doesn't get patched

>System Down pops up
>Fedora is unaffected because SSP enabled across all packages

It's one of the only rolling release distros that offers actually stable packages, and that allows for loads of custom configurations that would be "unsupported" on most other distros

this, I didn't want to seem like I'm shilling a distro but Red Hat is the best because it's actually made for critical mission use. Of course fedora is not exactly Enterprise Linux but it has all the features

Can you repeat the question?

sure

If you are using a ppc 32 bit processor it worths more than FreeBSD (This are the only two choizes if you want updates).