How do I know if I have unironic autism? Does it really confer advantages to certain tech jobs?

How do I know if I have unironic autism? Does it really confer advantages to certain tech jobs?

Attached: 1550809940658.jpg (800x1203, 102K)

Go see a doctor. Autistic people are mostly just as dumb as normal people. Having a mental disability does not give you super powers.

check with a doctor dumbass
mental disabilities are not cool retard, being autistic is not an exception

I'd have just as much of an advantage at my tech job if I were more social than I already am. Being able to communicate about the benefit of the things I am doing to my clients and coworkers is just as important as my ability to do the work on time and correctly.

Wanting to have some special condition that makes it alright for you to have difficulty adjusting to modern Life and work while excelling at the technical aspects of it is the height of arrogance.

(cont)
Especially when other people have serious disadvantages in their life based on living with the same conditions

Yea, you might land a job in disabilities quota

If you're using Jow Forums you have Autism, congrats, you will never be a functioning member of society and will probably die by suicide before you're 40!

When you use the word unironic incorrectly.

These don't exist. You don't even get an interview.

autism isn't real

>and will probably die by suicide before you're 40!
Man, I sure hope so

how do I get a gf

if you do - multiple, these fuckers will be keen to sell you a cure, even to imaginary "illnesses"

Go to the doctor and get some testing. I got diagnosed with Asperger's at 18 after being severely depressed since I was 14 and trying to kill myself a couple of times. Knowing why I'm such a useless piece of shit really helped.
>Does it really confer advantages to certain tech jobs?
It doesn't confer advantages in anything. You may get neetbux like I do, though.

If you are asking this question you don't have anything. People who do never have any doubts.

The hallmark is inability to cope with one's own emotions. Everything else are merely consequences.

>Having a mental disability does not give you superpowers
-user, 03/05/2019

How do I get a qt neet gf like this?

psychiatric hospital

>If you are asking this question you don't have anything. People who do never have any doubts.
lolwhat, are you confusing autists with narcissists?

Litmus test is if you're a virgin past 19.

That depends. Would you still love her if she has a penis?

There's no cure for autism. And if there was you'd gladly pay for it.

Unironically this You get yourself in a psych ward and exchange phone numbers with one of the many girls like that. Then meet up outside and let the next four to eight years of your life go to waste.
Seriously though, don't do it. It's a bag of hurtful.
Talking from experience here- webm related.

Attached: Selectric.webm (1280x720, 2.46M)

If you fail to understand some social signals or can't take some valid point if it has some error that is irrelevant to the topic, there is a chance that you are actually autistic.
BUT most of the time it is actually not autism, but laziness. Just like with intelligence, you can be very smart, but if you are too lazy and impatient, you might appear more stupid than an actual brainlet. Same goes with social interaction: it isn't supposed to just work, it requires some effort. I also thought that i'm autistic or anti-social, until i realized that. Like really, try not to be lazy at your social interaction, it doesn't just happen, it's a strategy, you need to get what other people say and say things that you want them to hear.

yea

This. I'd say that social interaction is actually a game, you need to catch up things on the fly, you need to think twice before you say, and so on.
Actually, the best example of it is Jow Forums. Here you can go full sociopath. Who needs to ask questions about [thing] no one will answer to, when you can just say that [thing] sucks and get your guaranteed answers, for example? You can flame up some topic with samefagging, too. Or instead of replying to everyone in one post and fixing your identity you can go discrete and reply only on point, thus being less hated. Or even split your reply into two different ones, getting more effective at presenting your point while not accused of being a hypocrite.

I am a self diagnosed autist and I grew up fine.

>How do I know if I have unironic autism? Does it really confer advantages to certain tech jobs?
only if you cut your balls off and call yourself veronica moon child

most social situations are like you're the only one turning up to the play missing the script. I often think back and say "fuck, they actually wanted/asked/implied this". you can get better at this though and I have, I think if anyone were to describe me they'd just say I was shy/quiet, which I am

guess just replying to this post is evidence of autism too

I'm afraid to see the doctor in case he thinks I'm faking or I exaggerate my symptoms or I'm just an idiot for thinking it's autism, I think I know but I'm not sure. how do you know for sure?

you check up with a doctor since it's his job to do this kinda shit
just be honest and at worst he'll give you some antidepressants and a pat in the back.

I don't know how healthcare works in your country, but in mine you'd just get sent to a psychiatrist without question.
That said, I had to get the diagnosis done at some Asperger's association thing at first, because the only diagnosis I got from the psychiatrist was severe depression. After the first suicide attempt and staying in a ward for a couple months hey sent me to some daycare hospital. After going there for six months or so one of the resident psychiatrists suspected I had Asperger's, and that's when I went to the association. After that, I got another independent diagnosis from a public doctor which confirmed it.
>how do you know for sure?
You do the test. There's no way to cheat and there are no predefined answers, it's mostly your behavior during the test that counts. Plus to get to your part of the test, they first interview your parents and ask them things about your childhood. Typical questions include:
>Is he an only child?
>Did your mother give birth to you prematurely?
>Did he enjoy lining/stacking things up?
>Did he laugh at inappropriate times?
>Does he avoid eye contact?
>Did he enjoy rubbing things with particular textures against his cheeks/other sensitive parts?
By the way, if the answer to more than half of those is yes, you better go to the doctor.

lol hell yes

yeah I suppose you're right, thanks user

>Is he an only child?
no
>Did your mother give birth to you prematurely?
2 weeks premature
>Did he enjoy lining/stacking things up?
I loved stacking coins by size and it really bothered me that dimes were smaller than pennies because it couldn't also be by value.
>Did he laugh at inappropriate times?
still do, it helps me cope with sadness
>Does he avoid eye contact?
I've switched from avoidance to too much eye contact then back to avoidance now
>Did he enjoy rubbing things with particular textures against his cheeks/other sensitive parts?
I'd forgotten about this, but when I was a kid I loved chewing on string, yarn, paper, plastic, etc. I still catch myself chewing plastic straws. won't comment on rubbing particular textures on sensitive parts but yes.

sorry for the blog post, I think I just wanted to write it out for myself. looking at what I wrote, I'm thinking I'm going to make an appointment soon. thanks for the guidance

No problem user. And good luck.

qt3.14

>I loved stacking coins by size and it really bothered me that dimes were smaller than pennies because it couldn't also be by value.
Fuck am I an autism.

> Just say that [thing] sucks to get answers

Fuck. I thought I was clever for having figured this out. Like I had cracked the Jow Forums users API and gained the ability to tap into the rabid (but often knowledgeable) fanboys for [thing]. Now I see others do the same thing.

This, I have been diagnosed with autism. Sure there have been a lot of diagnoses with it and some might be wrong g but I definitely have it.

1. I would pay to get rid of it. A LOT.
2. I fucking hate being a social sperg
3. I have an IQ of 110 bit I rather be normal

Have autism sucks balls, there are some experiments with CRISPR on mouse being able to fix the broken genes.

I really do hope they find a cure, I am 24 right now my entire youth has suffered heavily because of this shit disease. Trust me, you do not fucking want it. It often goes along with depression for good reason.

>I really do hope they find a cure
they wont
but at least acknowledging that you're autistic and it isn't a good thing seperates you from the worst of them

Autism has been linked to physical damage to the brain. Sure they might never fix it or not in my lifetime. But STEM cells in combination with repairing broken DNA sounds very promising.

It is a name for a large number of symptoms that comes from damage and damage can be kind of fixed.

You can live a fulfilling life somewhat with it (I have a job (teacher) and a car) Hoping to one day have my own place. Finding a partner will be difficult because not a lot of people can tolerate my behaviour.

I have been reading books of psychology and body language lately. It has helped me a bit. Would recommend to other anons sharing my fate.

how many people have developed autism due to brain injury?

Some do:

"There is a significant diagnostic overlap between ‘mild’ acquired brain injuries and Asperger’s syndrome, an autism spectrum disorder. While confusion is possible, the dual diagnosis can help recovery from ABI, writes our man at the frontal lobe, Jason Copeland"

"The question now is whether autism is a kind of brain damage. And the answer is yes, it is brain damage. Autism is a form of a developmental disorder."

Autism is a form of brain damage, my mom had me when she was 30 herself so I am not surprised.

MRI scans show decreases activity between specific parts of the brain so it is definitely something physical.

Stop trying to justifying all of your shortcomings as some mental illness just so you don't have to work on improving yourself. You probably don't have autism, even if a doctor says that you do, it's extremely overdiagnosed. People have different personality types, not every variation from the norm is a mental illness. Even if you had autism, would you actually gain anything from having that label put on you or would you just say "well I have autism so I don't have to work to improve myself in this area, I can't change my mental illness". Stop being a faggot.

Aspie from earlier here.
I'm 22 and I agree with literally everything you said in that post.
If you really knew what this shit is like, you wouldn't want it.
>Finding a partner will be difficult because not a lot of people can tolerate my behaviour.
Difficult, but not impossible. I managed to lose my virginity at 18 (With a girl I liked, no less) and I've had a girlfriend. Don't give up.
>I have been reading books of psychology and body language lately. It has helped me a bit. Would recommend to other anons sharing my fate.
I pay a psychologist with my neetbux to chew that shit for me. But it does help, quite a lot. Knowing those random aches around your body actually translate to feelings really makes moving along much easier.
As has been said before in this thread, autism is actually a kind of brain damage. You either learn to live with it or kill yourself. There's no "Improving yourself", all you can do about it is learn to coexist with the fact that the emotional part of your brain just doesn't work.

the absolute state of g

>There's no "Improving yourself"
This is exactly what I mean, retards like you label themselves as autists, just so they don't have to improve their social skills. Even autists can learn to better interpret social cues, but you're probably not even an actual autist, you're just a faggot.

Where do I get a gf like the one in the picture (autistic girl)?

>but you're probably not even an actual autist, you're just a faggot.
I'm both, and I get to live off wagies thanks to the neetbux.

Tech is only good for autists if you are away from normies and office politics bullshit. It used to be like this, until normies got used to computers and tech staff went from scientist tier to weirdo tier.

Attached: rain man raymond freaks out dustin hoffman.jpg (550x433, 28K)

So all Christians are autists?

Just have an "episode" so your parents drag you into the nut house, there are tons of them
t. expert

Based

t. Fellow Autismo that gets 800 dollarydoos every fortnight straight from the pockets of seething wagies

I have three autisms

>Having a mental disability does not give you super powers.
/thread

Soon, soon.....

how do i get neetbux? fake a suicide attempt? I don't have health insurance

Be disabled and live in yurop.

cute

who is she?

>IQ 110
>not normal

That's literally mongoloid tier IQ.

Shit, took me a second. First hand experience, that image is of a psych ward.

>she

Some girl I met at a psych ward. Haven't heard from her in years. She could be dead for all I know.
She had no penis, trust me.

Autism literally sucks. People correlate autism with IT because high functioning aspies go into it due to a lack of social skills. But it does not make you a sudden IT God and will still fuck you over.

The test is called a nuero-psych evaluation. Tests for any nuero/psychological

It's nothing that special really but it's one of the few things I can still be kind of happy with. I do my best to see any kind of positive things in life.

1. I am physically unattractive
2. I am socially crippled
3. I am wildly incompetent
4. I am to different from most people

I barely have any friends, never had any kind of opposite sex contact. I prob have some kind of low hanging depression also.

Life is hard and very unfair.

In my country (Belgium) you also do not get money for being autistic. You just have to deal with it somehow. Want help? Bad luck, pay for it yourself.

I honestly wish I was never born. Everything in life is a struggle.

Problems....

I got pdd-nos, I'm a smart, social guy. I do have emotional outbreaks though, people just think I'm a nasty fuck & I can be. Also have space/time cognition problems but am off the charts for abstract cognitive extrapolation. I feel bad for non-verbal/low functioning autists but relate to well & like to help them

How do I pass off as normalfag in job interviews? I'm not sure I have autism or socially retarded. I couldn't even look at someone straight in their eyes.