Unpopular opinions on Jow Forums thread:

Unpopular opinions on Jow Forums thread:
>I find Cinammon to be the best overall DE for Debian

Attached: BCEB5765-7681-4113-A42F-F99FC86D96E5.jpg (1294x478, 69K)

Schizophrenia is a mental illness

Schizophrenia is a pretty cool disorder

Liking debian is a mentall illness

t. Gorilla nigger

t. glow in the dark nigger

t. mentally ill tranny

t. assmad Debian nigger

Here's a couple:
>Minimalism is fantastic, but sometimes you have to be realistic.
>Gentoo is actually the best {GNU/}Linux distro, when not counting LFS
>Reddit is garbage
>Computer Science is an actual shitty meme with very little substance. That being said, I got my BS in CS after I got my BA in mathematics... Which was worth the extra $20K in debt. (I was taking CS credits for my electives.)
>Jow Forums is actually bad for you.

ricing is dumb

Linux is not ready for widespread desktop use and probably never will.
Windows will continue to dominate the enterprise and personal computer sphere for probably decades to come.

>>Computer Science is an actual shitty meme with very little substance. That being said, I got my BS in CS after I got my BA in mathematics... Which was worth the extra $20K in debt. (I was taking CS credits for my electives.)
I'm a senior CS major. Am i making a big mistake? it really does feel like a meme. I don't want to go to school for longer or get more debt. Would it be better to major in something slightly resembling engineering like computer engineering or shohld i just accept my fate as a meme major?

>People shouldn't waste more than 30 minutes a day "ricing" their desktop. You can only waste more than that if you're actually trying to improve your workflow and not just prettying it up.

Switch to physics and learn as much as you can about math and reality. You will be a better programmer for it. I vastly prefer working with physics majors.

>>Reddit is garbage
>>Jow Forums is actually bad for you.
where do I go then?

outside

Rust and C++ are the only sane choices for actual software development, and Cniles and FPeabrains are just bargaining to delay their impending doom.

Attached: smug wojak rust.png (767x639, 109K)

rust needs more smug anime girl edits and I may make the switch.

I have nothing to do outside

Nobody would care about LISP on Jow Forums if it weren't in Lain
Nobody would care about Haskell if it didn't have a cool logo

Nobody cares about LISP on Jow Forums.
Also nu/g/ doesn't care about lain either.

Deepin is a good distro

google is harmless

>chink botnet
>good

find a small community of people who are smarter than you, make friends with them, and grow with them and have a good time. Reddit really fucking sucks. Jow Forums really fucking sucks. I joined some hacker group and I've had some really rapid growth (It's not a career for me, it's just a hobby) but it's been good for my engineering to think about how a hacker would fuck my wares. I'm also part of a lesser known chan where I learn from a lot of the other programmers there, it's a good time.
You're not making a complete mistake. Frankly, you'll get a lot more out of your degree with either:
>Mathematics (all electives = comp sci)
>Electric Engineering (all electives = comp sci)
But, no matter what: Learn a language like haskell or something, and apply all you learn from your mathematics class in that language. It's going to help the way you think. You don't even need to use haskell outside of educating yourself, but it really helps. Learn about the paradigms and actually apply them.

Physics majors are almost always useless
In order I prefer working with EE, Math, CS, MechE’s majors with all other engineers and “science” majors being significantly more useless programmers than they think they are, including physics.

t. Double majored math-CS about a decade ago and have had extensive experience working with all different types of backgrounds in that time

Debian on a desktop is just ridiculous.
Gentoo is a massive waste of time.
Some criticisms of systemd are valid but it's still the best init
Suckless fucking sucks.
Nobody respectable wears a smartwatch outside the gym.

> I shipped nothing important in my life

>I’m still in college and talking out of my ass
Got it

>i need cartoon characters to decide whether or not to use a technology

Attached: excited soyboy.gif (365x400, 551K)

>not studying the superior computational physics

functional programming is a meme

he said unpopular

well yea

No
Yes unless learning then no
Yes
Agnostic
Yes

"yeah i've got a bachelor's in mechatronics, how could you tell?

Attached: image0-16.png (442x545, 141K)

everyone in your meme group is on Jow Forums

It's not out of the realm of possibility that some could be on Jow Forums.

>some
100% sure all of them are

That's a really stupid thing to think. Most of them sit on reddit, if anything.

>reddit
lul

how so

anime is not a cartoon user

Yes, it is. Desperate incels/Japs (but I repeat myself) lick it up because it's better than their lives, which is valid since those lives will never get better.

This but for Linux in general.

Lmao I love this man

Anime retards btfo

nano is better than vim

>>Reddit is garbage
Is this an unpopular opinion now? What the fuck happened to this board in the last 5 years?

You don't know how to use vi do you?

Of course I do!

>:q!

Its what I use on my laptop. I wouldn't want to try anything else lest things like the FN functions or ports on my dock stop working.

You don't have a job, do you?

yet I use linux

Jow Forums hivemind is actually a good meme

Winforms development with drag and drop ui in visual studio development is better than most any other ui tooling to date

t. non-bicameral conciouscuck

>RTX cards are shit

good job you guys

Dennis Ritchie was a Physics Major

Thanks for the reminder I needed to stop browsing.

I would rather be here than on other boards desu

t. being lied by his own mind

lain is unironically the only reason I got heavy into computers, picked up programming and switched to Linux

(Also I like Haskell not because of the logo, but due to learning lisp because lain and ending up liking FP enough to look into it more)