Unexpected item in the bagging area

>unexpected item in the bagging area
how would you fix it g?

Attached: retard.jpg (1280x918, 423K)

Other urls found in this thread:

supermarketnews.com/online-retail/amazon-launches-30-minute-curbside-pickup-whole-foods
grocery.walmart.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Remove the item.

override based on melanin

Increase the tolerance on the scales

Expect the item

i would use the checkout that is actually managed by a person in order to avoid issues like this and also to protest the destruction of the lower-class caused by automation
i use the manned checkout even with a single item

I always tie helium balloons to my bananas . Saves me millions.

Give it back, Tyrone.

Nice horse you got there

I don't see the point of these machines. They always lock up and someone needs to come over and unlock it. If you already have a human maintaining the machine every couple of minutes, you may as well pay them to operate a proper checkout line.

Basado

*tip*

Get off the scale

A chip that automatically charge you on your credit card once you leave the store.

Auto mute the loud annoying voice by default.

If I'm using a self checkout I don't want it to be a chatty attention drawing pos

Bag the item and run away

In my shithole there is a designated cashier near those supposedly self-service machines...
When there is no cashier, and shit glitched, I press with my precise thumb on weights, so it shuts up and pay.

But if it's only every few minutes a single employee can handle 10x as many customers.

Put the shit in the bag.

I avoid this type of automation. Ill grow my own food thanks.

Jesus Christ, thank God retards like you are losing jobs because of automation. I wouldn't trust you with my groceries.

>machine is fucking slow
>tap buttons
>takes 5 seconds to actually switch to next screen
>scan without even tapping language
>tap FINISHED
>already swiping my card and scribbling in the card terminal
>machine freezes up
>it already spit out my receipt
>grab bag and walk away with receipt
>"would you like to pay cash or credit?" it says as I walk away
>employee thinks I'm shoplifting and grabs my arm
>as he's badgering me for my receipt machine says "thanks for shopping at walmart"
>he's still looking at my receipt thinking I did something weird

For fucks sake

The way these things work is that they want you to put whatever you scan onto the platform with the bags and then take the bags off of the platform before you hit a specific per-calibrated weight. So the way you solve it is to just not put a bunch of shit on the platform.

I usually don't shop with a cart, so I just kind of set the bags on the floor next to me.

It's kind of dumb, but it's just the system people worked together to keep people from stealing shit while also cutting jobs in the front of stores.

The store I work with requires the self checkouts to be monitored by someone

The ones here you must put the scanned item on the scale before you can scan the next item, and you can't take anything off the scale until the transaction is finished

Oh, that sucks. You probably have older/less advanced shit.

They need to change everything about the shopping infrastructure. Instead of having people, under which filthy fucking thieves and niggers, walk around the store stealing shit, you have robots driving around picking up items and delivering them to the front where the customers choose what they want by interacting with a screen. Basically turn supermarkets into big vending machines. Just need a handful of people to keep it going. This will eliminate theft, waste and improve hygiene, as the filthy cunts can't smear there dirty hands on everything.

Maybe. I don't understand why it would want you to remove bags while you're scanning, unless you're maxing out the scale though.

Amazon and Walmart have been testing this concept with curbside pickup. If you throw demographics into the mix, that's probably why Amazon bought out Whole Foods. Prior to the buyout, Amazon was testing a pick-up market concept in Seattle so I guess they considered it worth expanding.

People are buying a lot of stuff online already, I never bought a single computer part at a physical store. The only thing which will probably need some work is fresh goods (fruits, vegetables, bread etc.).

>Maybe. I don't understand why it would want you to remove bags while you're scanning, unless you're maxing out the scale though.
That's exactly it. The scale weighs each item that you put onto it and checks it against what it thinks the item should weigh, and the scales are usually calibrated for very low weights because of this so it means that at most the scales can take about 25lbs, usually less.

It's all anti-theft shit made to prevent stupid people from stealing, intentionally or otherwise.

>supermarketnews.com/online-retail/amazon-launches-30-minute-curbside-pickup-whole-foods
>grocery.walmart.com/
Both companies are doing it right now, broski.

based shitskin

Yes, but if they also made their stores the way I described in people who don't have credit cards etc. or just want to use cash for other reasons, could still shop with cash.

I would shout "Emergency, hello, hello emergency here, get the manager someone, goddamit am I talking to my fucking self GET...THE.. FUCKING..MANAGER !"
it's seriously the only way to get things done at a supermarket. The staff at those places are less trained than monkeys at a zoo.
Always make your presence felt

Go to a cashier. I'm with Bill Burr on this one, I'm not getting paid to work there. If there's no cashier, I'm walking out with my shit.

The checkouts I've used have always had some human dealing with it. Either positioned there or customers dealt with by whoever is the closest on the floor.
To avoid legislation, storeowners in my country agreed to not sell energy drinks to people under 15, and then there's alcoholic beverages that need a cashier's blessing. In this case a store drone has to groan at you and bless your puchase.

mane I love these things
the amount of kool-aid I've gotten for free is insane
>scan one
>throw 3 in the bag
>too light for the machine to detect it

Attached: kool-aid-packets-assorted-flavors.jpg (400x400, 58K)

imagine living in a country where you have to specify language at a checkout

I usually get a receipt for that reason too, Though receipts are optional on some machines I have used. It does ask, but the popup is only visible for a few seconds. It's right after you've paid at which point I'm not looking at the screen cause I'm packing my bag. The latest update seems to be a voice that now asks you 'Would you like a receipt?' though in a different voice to the rest of the other annunciations.

I saw one of these checkout machines for the first time a few weeks ago. God what a horrible system.

In my supermarket I can just grab a handheld scanner while entering, scan items and directly put them in my shopping bag while I'm shopping, and just pay for the total sum on the scanner at checkout. The cashiers occasionally randomly check your bags for unscanned items, and the procedure saves you from having to handle each item twice. Ever so much more practical.

Also, each terminal now has it's own security camera with a screen so you know your being recorded.

Good thing that I can tell them to fuck off if they try to put their hands on me in the US.

>hang hat on camera
>ring up as appropriate amount of bananas

Type my ID and password
t. Walmart cashier-trained employee

I went to the super with my gf, not knowing how the Japanese supermarket works. I don't think it's that efficient really, I'd rather replace the two lines of this system with six self-serve checkouts. Still, it was interesting to see how it works (and make mistakes while doing so).

Attached: JAPAN SUUPAA.png (1664x804, 164K)

The Walmart I work at just turned the scales off.

Dude just print out your numbers on the barcode so you don't have to type your ID and password in front of customers. Whoever trained you was weak.

I reach down and use my fingertips spread out far to push on the plate and shake it a bit, then suddenly release. Usually confuses the tare on the scale and solves the issue.

1 person can oversee 5-6 machines or so and resolve intermittent issues. That cuts your labor cost down by 1/5 or 1/6 as well. Semi-autonomous systems are still more economical than human labor.

>remember using self checkouts at the grocery store 10 years ago
>they barely worked
>hated using them
>they got rid of them because they were garbage
>they just put them back in a few weeks ago, getting rid of the express checkout lanes they put in a year prior
>have a laugh with the manager over how I don't miss them after they got rid of them 10 years ago
for what fucking purpose

Attached: 1510896026948.jpg (623x623, 41K)

Usually I just audibly tell it what the item is.
>oh, it's an orange
>>ORANGE EXPECTED

yell bomb.
pop the balloon

underrated

Detect if the customer is black and disable the till/call for attendant.

omg its the ibook guy

SMASH THE MACHINE

Hasn't happened at the Home Depots or Walmarts that I've been to with the upgraded systems.

>Detect if the customer is black and call the police

FTFY

>In a world
>Where languages other than your own are spoken

Attached: 1545097734389.webm (200x360, 734K)

Here they have one person managing 6-10 machines... Usually, sometimes you might need to call someone over from elsewhere

Sounds like a nightmare :^)

That's how it used to be in the 19th/early 20th century I believe except the robots were made of meat

How stupid are you that you can't use self checkout without fucking it up? It's literally the easiest shit ever.

I would do my own job and stop whiteboarding my designs on Jow Forums

Hold down the scale zeroing button above the scanner.

Duh.

I spent about 3 working at a few different Bunnings stores in regional Australia, never on registers but at all stores I worked they would use the self checkouts as sparingly as possible due to the absolutely massive amount of theft that occurs in every store. They would only be open during extremely busy rush times on the weekend when people would get visibly angry and frustrated queuing up at the handful of staffed checkouts

What a fucking autist. It's a machine built by humans, not God. Slow the fuck down and let the damn thing scan your fucking item, which you're probably not even holding correctly so that it can scan it. Or even better, grab the scan gun and point the laser at the label. Why are people so damn rude?

>scan item
>place in bag
>"PLEASE REMOVE LAST SCANNED ITEM"
The machine wants me to pay for the item twice

not checking out all your bananas at the machines isn't very frugal though user

I do the same in Tesco. A lot easier to just scan it yourself while you shop.

As annoying as it maybe be, it's nowhere nearly as bad as putting up with the sheboon at the register who can't bag or ring up groceries correctly.

You have achieved peak niggerdom

Attached: when-he-says-ok-fuck-it-to-the-123rd-time-30831444~2.png (500x388, 234K)

hey that's my grocery store

US
>ashdjkashfhuiosdjfo8s
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>suicide

EU
>*click*
>*beep*
>*tap*
>go out

UNEXPECTED ITEM IN THE BAGGING AREA
PLEASE REMOVE ITEM FROM THE BAGGING AREA
PLEASE PLACE ITEM IN THE BAGGING AREA

Some machines are very responsive resulting in a much quicker checkout. I can finish checking out in under 30s and be on my way, no hassle.

Why the fuck would you not want to destroy the lower-classes?

I have zero issues with self check out lanes, I don't know why people do. You pick up the item, you scan it, and then you place it on the tray. And you don't proceed till you've observed that it's responded.
But then again I've worked helpdesk for these devices. They're grant pieces of shit, but god damn the users of them are dumber then the designers of them, and thats saying something.

>3dpd
>かわいい
w

>Machine locked. Please wait for a trained Walmart Certified™ technician to assist you.

Attached: 318271da980706f7a18a811c3456a77d.png (633x758, 16K)

use the scanner gun instead

My Walmart doesn't even check for that. I can scan and put it back in my cart. Guessing the employee has to keep an eye on you.

I love them, seeing boomers rage over that they exist is joyful.

One boomer was so pissed that they had removed every manned cashier except one to replace the other with these was hilarious, the only manned cashier ended up having a huge boomer queye everytune, she was literally screaming at the boss.

LFMAO fuck boomers.

>be autismal as fuck
>just want to scan my shit and leave without ever having to interact with another human being
>self checkouts closed
>get really anxious waiting in line
>people in line standing too close
>cashier moving really slow
>could have scanned the stuff myself and been home already

99% of the stores that have self checkout don't bother with this anymore.

Lmao Luddite
Adapt or die

Some stores have workers who don't give a flying fuck, so they don't do whatever daily maintenance is required like calibrating the scale. It happens to me all the time so I stopped using self-checkout. Even when slowly scanning items in a robotic fashion, you scan an item, put it in the bag, and it says to remove the unscanned item. If you do what it says, you literally will end up paying for the item twice.

/thread

>how would you fix it
A fire axe...

It's the zoomer way.

so how ya gonna do that? Robots can't manipulate stuff worth a damn. Even when they can, they're fucking slow.

*PLEASE WAIT FOR ASSISTANCE*

what really gets me is those damn conveyor belt machines, if you put something that can roll on them and it rolls, you have to wait for assistance. Dammit I just want to shop without any human interaction.

Personally I only use the self check out kind of as an "express 10 items or less" sort of thing if I only have a few things and it's relatively fast to just do that. Normal load of grocery? Hell yeah I'm having someone else do it. I once was at a store and they had nobody working actual registers because I had a lot, so I had to go to customer service to do it and they said "yeah they don't hire people to work the registers before like 12 or something and she complained about it" That is some fucked up shit.

Just "investing in american jobs" over here.

Attached: 4EQLHQl.jpg (4032x3024, 882K)

its literally cheaper to hire those worth-for-nothing cashiers than to operate and service self-checkouts
I dont know where you would have to live for those machines to be cheaper than humans

But then said companies don't want to deal with "human problems" such as needing a day off, not handle working 12 hour days, needing food breaks, having to use the bathroom, etc.

Yeah companies are scumbags.

At one grocery store I've had it where the lady in front of all the self checkouts gets so bored she offers to do it for you right there anyway.

>needing a day off, not handle working 12 hour days, needing food breaks, having to use the bathroom
well, maybe in 1st world countries

They're like 2 cents each

I'm not rated to fix that machine.
I do not work in that place.
Fix this shit yourself.
Jow Forums isn't for PC repair shit, kid.