Ghidra available now

Get your NSA-developed static analysis tool here: ghidra-sre.org/

Attached: GHIDRA_1.png (1497x1015, 185K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/hackerfantastic/status/1103087869063704576
github.com/NationalSecurityAgency/ghidra
youtube.com/watch?v=qtoS3CG6ht0
twitter.com/CVE_ebooks/status/1102736034356432896
github.com/NationalSecurityAgency/ghidra/wiki/Frequently-asked-questions
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why should I use this over r2 and ida?

It's comparable to Ida in basic features, better in some ways, worse in others. The main reason most people would use this over Ida is that it doesn't cost thousands of dollars. The free version of Ida doesn't do many architectures (maybe only x86 and _64?), Ghidra does a ton out of the box. Ghidra also has version control on projects so it's easy to let teams work on a single binary.

>IT'S WRITTEN IN JAVA

Attached: nice.jpg (1024x768, 72K)

Obvious botnet, just imagine how many 0 days they could steal

there's already a RCE out for it

twitter.com/hackerfantastic/status/1103087869063704576

:thinking:

>Ghidra opens up JDWP in debug mode listening on port 18001, you can use it to execute code remotely

>already 3 issues

Attached: 333.png (873x499, 36K)

two of those aren't even real bugs

issues != bugs

let's open a PR to remove this

issues that are not bugs == not important

Wrong. Could be some important feature to add in the future, for e.g.

there are other tools for that

>it's 5 now

Attached: dd.png (1163x517, 38K)

The getting started video looks like something made by some 15 years old kid.
Is this really something more than a NSA botnet?

lmao yeah the people on my team make demos the same way. Doesn't matter if you're 15 or 30 or 45.

it's because sourcing $200 to buy Camtasia is surprisingly difficult to justify, and it's just a job to get done. "Oh the only person who's gonna see this is my manager"

Wrong nigga, wrong.

Some people already have experience with this on classified projects. Imagine it's your job to use this, you find something buggy, maybe not something worth going through layers of government paperwork to send to the creators, and you sit with knowledge of its weird quirks until now. Boom, you look like an awesome hacker for knowing everything about it the minute it comes out.

>the people on my team make demos the same way
Your team is retarded, there's no need to add a big as fuck arrow on every step unless you're doing the demo for children.

T. CIA damage control

you would be amazed at how fuckin' stupid people are.
You don't need an arrow with a wall of text, but a box comment in non-obtrusive colors saying what's going on at a high level keeps people from glazing over the video.

>you would be amazed at how fuckin' stupid people are.
That is why I asked since I doubt someone that can't read the getting started manual upon opening the program would understand how to use it.
Still, it looks quite useful, I liked the decompiler even if it becomes a mess with some functions, but there's really a bunch of useless animations that make me wonder why didn't they just use that time to make a better introduction video. Anyway, I guess I'll wait some time until other people verify that it isn't a botnet.

>use botnet program

Why not just IDA Pro?

youtube.com/watch?v=qtoS3CG6ht0

I don't understand how's this a botnet?

hmmm let me think

T. NSA Agent

twitter.com/CVE_ebooks/status/1102736034356432896

Attached: D02z4jaWwAACvnK.jpg (666x500, 46K)

Attached: D074_gaXQAA-_8J.png (500x714, 389K)

It's ida but free, and written in Java for better or for worse

based and redpilled

its a great tool, there is nothing to worry about you schizo faggots

download it. if you dont like it then just uninstall it from your box

Why would you give it to me for free?
What if I use it to destroy America?

What is this

Not clicking link

lrn2google

you aren't smart enough to use it

kys urself discord tranny

hello deepstate

Attached: IC_SQUAD.png (374x631, 79K)

>it's not licensed under the gpl
Sorry, I can't run it on my system.

Yeah, that's what I don't get. Why is the NSA giving away a powerful tool like this to their enemies? Something doesn't add up.

>Yeah, that's what I don't get. Why is the NSA giving away a powerful tool like this to their enemies? Something doesn't add up.

Attached: 1531306113562.png (956x1080, 186K)

It's just a disassembler, not the source code for fucking Stuxnet... Geez.

>It's just a disassembler
Is it? is it "just a disassembler"?

I don't fucking know to be perfectly honest, I'm just enjoying the human interaction.

Source code will be posted eventually. You can audit it and confirm.

>human interaction
Can you really be sure that you're talking with humans instead of bots?

HOLY SHIT YOU ARE ALL BRAINDEAD OH MY FUCKING GOD THIS IS UNREAL

Fair enough, the 'interaction' then.

Isn't the latest pirate release a couple of years old now? Doesn't a license cost like $xk?

Can you please show me a single line of code in that github? Or are you retarded or blind?

>github.com/NationalSecurityAgency/ghidra/wiki/Frequently-asked-questions
>Where is the complete Ghidra source code?
>This repository is a placeholder for the full open source release. Be assured efforts are under way to make the software available here. In the meantime, enjoy using Ghidra on your SRE efforts, developing your own scripts and plugins, and perusing the over a million lines of Java and Sleigh code released within the initial public release.

Don't reply to NSA bots

I LOVE THE NSA

Why is it called Ghidra but doesn't have three heads?

The other two heads are hidden to spy on you.

>ida pro is made by russians
>ghidra is made by the nsa
hmmm..

>ghidra
it's shit

you haven't used git before, have you?

fuckin ded user

3 of them are literally nothing but UI shit and one is an oversight taht you can change yourself in one line

Fuck this NSA shit, I'm still going to use r2 and gdb.

What can you do with this program? Do you feed it a binary and it spits out the source code?

Yes. It's basically a free Ida Pro. There are probably still-classified plugins that won't be released to the public.

Ida has a free version but it's limited in what architectures it does at the very least. Ghidra does a tooooon of esoteric assembly.

At our shop a lot of guys prefer Ghidra to Ida.

Not exactly. Feed it a binary and it will analyze the machine code and spit out its best guess for the logical layout of the program, including functions and data sections, along with the accompanying assembly, with helpful stuff like cross references, a searchable list of strings, and tools for further massaging the disassembled code. It *does* have a decompiler, but due to the nature of C, you lose a lot of information in the compilation process that is difficult or impossible to recover, at least automatically. So you get kinda ugly C with ugly constructions and generic variable names, but it's still very useful for reverse engineers and usually easier to work with than the straight assembly. I have not used Hex Rays (Ida's decompiler) but I have used Binary Ninja's intermediate code, and from what I've seen so far, Ghidra's decompilation is more readable.

Attached: 16832816_621625971363304_819267127_o.jpg (1776x1332, 204K)