If you could buy a MacBook Pro at the same price of other laptops of the same specifications, would you?

If you could buy a MacBook Pro at the same price of other laptops of the same specifications, would you?

Attached: macbooks_are_expensive.png (276x799, 101K)

No. Apple hardware would still be trash even if it was for free

yes, but only if it also had a nipple

No. It does not respect my freedoms, or my right to repair.
I'd rather buy a Thinkpad, libreboot it, remove the ME and install a GNU/Linux-libre distribution on it.

Absolutely not. I expect adequate thermal management at any price.

I'm surprised you freetards don't ask for your devices engineering CAD files and source code all the other integrated firmware in the EC and other chipsets

Work makes me use a Macbook Pro. I'd only used Windows and Linux before this, but was open to trying out a Mac at first.

I wouldn't use a Macbook Pro for anythig personal if I got one for free. Macbook Pros are the most unstable, broken computing experience I've ever had. It's worse than my old Toshiba Satellite that ran Vista. The keyboard is trash. The window management is trash. The speakers crackle and pop while listening to classical music on low volume. Sometimes they die until you reboot. The screen just doesn't wake up 10% of the time you open the lid until you hard reset. The trackpad occasionally stops clicking until you reboot. The OS generally just feels sluggish and stuttery when hooked up to a single 4k external display. And you need a million fucking dongles at all times for the most basic peripherals. For the first time in over a decade, I'm back to the "shut down every night so shit doesn't break tomorrow" mindset.

Blows my mind that people think this just werks and pay upwards of $2,500 for this. It's worse than the shittiest Arch install I've ever seen.

But you can libreboot MacBooks

Attached: IMG_4180.jpg (1024x914, 531K)

Why would you though?

I bought one at Apple price lmao suck my nuts.

I like the mod button placement better on the keyboards so I'd definitely consider it

One of the last macbook models that wasn't jewish garbage. Those things were a breeze to tear down.

A T420 chassis with a modern i7 and GTX 1070 Max-Q would be divine

No. because it's still an overheating stove that will break from very very little.

If they were sturdier then yes

>pre 2012
enjoy the baked gpu timebomb

If they address their "right to repair" issues, it would be tempting. The Thinkpad would most likely win though.

Nah. I'd want a good keyboard with a real F-Keys.
The only reason to buy a Macbook is if you do iOS development.

>same price
>same specifications
Not for macshit.

Attached: 1540936818414.png (1280x888, 1.08M)

Nope, id rather just install osx on regular lappy if theres ever a need

It would constantly throttle, impossible to type on and self-destruct the moment the warranty ends. Would rather trust Acer lmao.

Whats wrong with acer?

>listening to classical music on low volume

Get a load of this uppity fag.

No, I'd rather have a laptop than a fashion accessory.

They're not exactly known for making high quality products.

>TPM chip stops you installing gentoo
>horrible keyboard
>embarrassing logo
>will break after a year and a half
No thanks, I'm happy with my x200s

Attached: 1540607248403_1.png (741x568, 62K)

They are usually the cheapest offer for the specs which makes you wonder what corners have they cut this time.

It's cheap shit that will break as soon as the warranty runs out. They're really badly manufactured.

No
I'm not interested in macOS and the T2 chip doesn't allow you to install linux on the internal storage

No because I'm insecure. Wouldn't want anyone thinking I take dicks in the shitter

no macbooks are bad

No. What's the point? I can get the same hardware or better on a PC laptop, and I don't have to use that non-POSIX compliant POS OS either.

Attached: idiot_clap.png (488x463, 28K)

Nope

People here will shit talk Macbook Pros while posting from a machine running Windows 10 lmfao

What exactly stops you from using w10 on a MBP?

>shit build with soldered in ram and sheet
>designed to run two shit operating systems
>still gay just less expensive
nope.mka

Why would you even voluntarily use Windows 10

I don't think you can speak English very well.

Why would you even voluntarily use either MBP or Windows 10.

If it would be the model like 6 years ago, just with newer CPU, RAM and SSD, yeah.
But not the actual build quality that apple tries to sell. That soldered shit... to thy.

>and I don't have to use that non-POSIX compliant POS OS either.
macOS is POSIX compliant.

POO IN LOO

Attached: 1540098745100.png (506x927, 163K)

>One of the last macbook models that wasn't jewish garbage.
It was. The last decent model was a 12" aluminum powerbook g4.
>Those things were a breeze to tear down.
Especially the glued in keyboard. One drop of liquid of any sort and you're screwed.

Attached: macbook-rubber-582x438.jpg (582x438, 32K)

We already explained this to you months ago, winjeet. That bug with poll lasted two months only on Sierra. If you think a bug with poll means the OS isn't POSIX compliant, then I guess GNU/Linux and BSD aren't POSIX compliant either.

Because my line of work requires a Mac and everyone fucking hates it but Avid is a bunch of cucks and won't properly port their shit to Windows

POO IN LOO

Why do you always do this winjeet? You only end up making a fool of yourself by not knowing basic standards and terminology.

POO IN LOO

Attached: 1524456095718.jpg (643x960, 255K)

Why do you always street shit iPajeet? You only end up making a fool of yourself by not knowing basic standards and terminology.

Attached: 1533770533318.jpg (622x888, 185K)

How's everything at home, kiddo?

too hard to justify now in Australia

they used to be like only a little more but it's $2699 for the base 13" here now

Can get 2018 Razer blade 15 for $2799, 6 cores, 1060 gpu etc

Matebook pro x is like $2699, xps 13 is $2999 for top model and was on sale for $2399 recently and they're all double the ram, ssd and an i7

Maybe a couple years ago, but not today due to that problematic keyboard and worthless touch bar

Pretty good. It's nice living in a civilized country with clean toilets everywhere, not that you could ever fathom such a concept.

Attached: 1535698733416.jpg (875x930, 234K)

You just don't learn, do you, winjeet?

Yes I'd install windows 10 on it

yes. mac just work.

No, I prefer linkuks to mac’o’s. And the only reason to buy a MacBook is macOS, which I admit is a pleasure to use.

Every time I genuinely consider switching from macOS Mojave to Windows 10, I read this

> Does anyone else find the two separate ways to configure system settings incredibly annoying? Don't get me wrong, it's been flawed since Windows 8, but at least in 8 and 8.1, the Settings app only contained a subset of available options. You could basically ignore it entirely and do everything you needed to do from the Control Panel. Windows 10 seems to go out of the way to ensure that you are forced to use BOTH in order to get anything done. We seem to have the following possible conditions depending on what it is you need to configure:

> * Options available only in Settings
> * Options available only in Control Panel
> * Options available in both Settings and Control Panel with equivalent functionality.
> * Options available in both Settings and Control Panel, with one containing only a subset of the options available in the other.
> * Options available in both Settings and Control Panel with full functionality split between the two (e.g., hell)

> The Uninstall/Install panel has to be the worst offender:

> * Uninstall Metro/App Store apps: Settings only.
> * Uninstall Desktop apps: Control Panel AND Settings, but some Desktop app uninstallers don't seem to execute properly if started from Settings.
> * Change/Repair an installed app: Control Panel only.
> * View installed updates: Control Panel only.
> * Install or Remove OS feature. Control Panel OR Settings, depending on the feature. > Some features available in both places. For example, .NET 3.5 Framework can be installed or removed from both. Microsoft PDF Printer? Control Panel only. Additional typing languages? Settings only. :mad:

> I just can't fathom the thought process behind this mess…

And then I don't.
Besides, the sides of windows stack neatly together in the new update and it has night mode.

Screenshot

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 9.31.02 pm.png (2560x1600, 852K)

no, but i would buy one at their current price if they didn't throttle and easily die

If you could poo in loo, would you?

Attached: 1544181818675.jpg (622x767, 191K)

even if you want it for the os you're better getting another laptop and hackintoshing kek

No. I don't like the keyboard. Their track pads are nice though.

No.
I work with apple products and they are hands down the worst

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1542640771427.png (1791x990, 819K)

Why I should buy Mac for the same (higher!) price as their shitty clones? It is cheaper. The only cheaper laptops are chink shit without screen and battery

The amount of macbook [pros] i see at my university is actually shocking. Most of the time these people are just using it for simple tasks like google docs i mean cmon is a status symbol really worth that much money

And think of a the child workers producing these things.

> mom why fucking normies uses computer for daily tasks and not for watching chink cartoons

I'm pretty sure Apple offers student discounts. One thing that baffles me about the newer Macbooks: do people seriously use the Touchbar?

IMAGINE paying 3 fucking grand for a (((midrange))) laptop. the absolute state of consumer drones in fucking2019

>MacBook Pro at the same price of other laptops
Even if it was possible, still no. Laptops with same specifications still run better than macshit.

If it was between 2013 and 2015 that you posed this question to me, absolutely. But the new MacBook Pro is an atrocity

no
i don't support fags