Have to interview software dev candidate this week

>have to interview software dev candidate this week
wtf am I supposed to ask??

Attached: 1521242719397.jpg (399x400, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jacobian.org/2018/nov/29/annotated-interview-kickoff-script/
medium.com/@khopsickle/2-eggs-and-100-floors-a032beb77aaa
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ask them to make a fizzbuzz
if they can do it they're hired

fizzbuzz and 10000 primes

Ask them who is the best K-On character. If they answer anyone other than Mugi-chan, reject them.

Attached: kirara keion drum cover.jpg (712x1024, 180K)

"Implement a balanced binary search tree in the language of your choice."

Bring one of these slowly into the room in the middle of the interview.

Attached: Luxor_MB7240WW_Reversible_Chalk_Dry_Erase_Magnetic_1459107259000_768699.jpg (500x500, 23K)

You know what to do.

Attached: 1528678312193.png (851x846, 573K)

asuka or rei?

Have a chat about something trivial like their favorite author or sports. See how well they can carry on a conversation.

fuck asuka, marry rei

”An important part in recognizing a qualified candidate is their ability to learn from past experiences. I’ve worked with eggs many times in the past and can tell you, unequivocally, that the egg will break if dropped from even the first floor.”

It's a doll house.

It's a model skyscraper retard. Don't call us, we'll call you.

Doll houses are tools of the patriarchy used to force the gender binary into childrens minds. That’s a very bigoted and offensive thing to say. Why isn’t there an HR Rep present for this interview? Does the company know you’re willfully mis gendering people and openly insulting candidates?

By doll I clearly meant GI Joe doll.

ask them if they can actually do the work required for the job and if theyve done it before

dont ask algorithmic hypotheticals if its not needed

start off making them really comfortable, shooting the shit, being chill as hell

then make them implement a red black tree in pure C.

then make them topological sort a DAG in Ada

If you don't know what questions you need to ask in order to do your job than you probably suck at your job yourself OP. The fuck you do all day? Ask them if they can do that.

How would you do the 3rd one?

Attached: __shimada_arisu_girls_und_panzer_drawn_by_nyororiso_muyaa__eace0cdd663985e9d9f151658ebed86d.jpg (708x1000, 103K)

compute a couple on scratch paper
see the pattern and closed form solution
verify with induction

Sir I believe there is a mistake. I'm applying for the web designer position. I do photoshop and stuff, not math.

As they're writing on it bring in another

Ask them what their favorite flavor of ice cream is and make them justify it to you. This way you see how they react to unexpected situations and handle things they were really not prepared for.

Also you can reject them if they like a stupid flavor.

Attached: icecream.jpg (720x480, 95K)

What kind of position and what level?

>muh math
kys

Hr arw literally brainlets.
Ask if he poo in toilet.

3. markov chains

> balanced binary tree
So an AVL

what if someone likes cookies and cream flavor?

well what did they ask you?

Hired on the spot

>1.
if (floor > 0)

>3.
50/50
You're more likely to pull red balls to begin with, but once you get to equal numbers of red and blue it no longer matters what you pull, you'll be discarding basically anything you pull anyway.

Throw one of the egss at him and ask in which floor they will break, if he doesn't answer in 5 seconds, throw the second one and laugh.

>HR scum
Kill yourself OP before someone else tracks you down and does it for you. The only good HR faggot is a dead one. Stab yourself in the eye. You aren't welcome here or anywhere else.

This

>fuck asuka, marry rei
>Fuck the crazy redhead, marry thebquiet waifu

A man of culture

Tell them to show you their GitHub.

1. Do they have an anime (preferably lewd) avatar? Hired.

2. Are there any hobby repos? If no, ask them why they are not programming in their free time. If yes, ask about the project with the most stars.

3. If you are still not convinced, do small talk, find out their heritage and try to figure out which minority quota they could fill in your team.

Just find out if he's smarter than you, I mean, you're already so retarded you can't interview people.

Binary search
Peak finding algorithm
Markov Chains

>Binary search with 2 eggs
Its gonna be one of the lowest floors, so trying there would lead to success fastest.

It's a bad question because what they want you to assume is that all floors are equally likely to be the floor that eggs break when dropped from.
The best idea is probably just to drop the first egg around the 40th floor mark, if it breaks then you start dropping the second egg from the first floor until you find the floor.
If it doesn't break you start dropping from the 41st floor until you find it.

Intuition says to drop the first from the 50th floor, but fuck intuition. I think around 40 is better.

Wait I fucked this.
Steps of 10 or 20s is probably best until the first egg breaks, then drop the second from the previous 10th that was fine until it breaks.

I didn't get the question at all. For some reason I thought we can't reuse eggs after they were dropped.

ASK THEM TO CREATE A LINK LIST

>ask about the project with the most stars.
what if all my projects have zero stars?

Dear Candidate,

We appreciate your interest in the position of Coding Rockstar - Electronic Technology Division - 6942069 at Full Throttle Studios.

While we would like to hire as many talented individuals as possible, we are also constrained by the number of positions available. Therefore, we have decided not to pursue your candidacy any further at this time.

Thank you again for your interest in Full Throttle Studios and best of luck in all your future endeavors.

Yours sincerely,
Full Throttle Studios Faggot Division Graduate Recruitment

Replies to this message are undeliverable and will not reach Human Resources.

Dear Honorable Applicant,

Thank you for your interest in the Entry Level IT Manager, North America position at Web Rocket, Testing for a better life ! Unfortunately, we are unable to consider you for this position at this time. We appreciate your interest in Web Rocket and recommend you keep an eye on our career page for other roles as we are growing very fast.

I wish you the best of luck in your job search.

Best regards,
Jennifer Handjobs

It's also okay if they need to google how to do it during the episode. A real dev will also unashamedly copy code from stackoverflow and tweak it slightly to get the job done. Hire the person who does this.

ROFL

I wonder how many death threats such subhuman HR scum receive daily. I'm thinking not enough.

WELCOME To a senior executive role in GOOGLE! We value your diversity and think you are supremely qualified to work with us!

[Intercom:] "Janet, tell all the white cis-gendered males, actually include the asians well, to go home, we won't be taking anymore interviews today."

If anyone seems smarter than you then Do Not hire them. They will have your job within three months. Hire someone that seems to have less of a clue then you, that way you retain your authority as their boss/supervisor and will still get the good-boy points when they fuck up so bad your boss has no choice but to turn to you to save the day.

Always tell your boss that all the best dev's go to google and facebook, that's why your work only has access to the duds. After saying this a few times let a hint slip that you have a friend working at google and they keep putting your name forward for a senior role over there. Say that the salary package is attractive enough that somedays you think moving to cali would be worth it. Get surprised by a huge bonus/promotion that year as your boss tries to keep you from going to google. Kek.

"....okay, well thank you for your time today and coming to see us. We have a lot of candidates applying for this role so we will review your answers and if you make it through to the second part of the selection process we will be in touch. Thank you for your time again."

[Throws application in bin.]

No one wants to work with a smart ass.

99 bottles of beer

Nobody wants to work with subhuman HR pondscum either.

>find out their heritage and try to figure out which minority quota they could fill in your team
Kek, the sad honest reality of all bureaucratic organisations.....

Also, if you actually do this then you are a piece of shit scum who deserves what little parcel of hell they create for themselves. I was a hiring manager and I hired exclusively white males. Sexist? No. Racist? No. Meritocratic? Yes.

A HR Hambeast once came to me and said that it didn't 'look very good' that my department was exclusively male, and not very 'diverse'. She said something about it being bland like white bread. I told her to leave, never come back to my office, and if she did I'd go to the GM of HR and file a complaint against her for being discrimitory based on gender and race. All my employees were hired because they were the Best candidates.

She tried to get me fired, and to go to unconscious bias training. I refused. It became corporote police to attend this as part of the business core training suite. I refused. They gave me an official documented meeting with a senior HR manager and my boss. I clearly articulated that I was being discriminated agaisnt, and how ironic that was considering the training they were promoting. I didn't go to the training, second documented meeting, I said that if I get brought to another one of these meetings or get fired for not going not only will I file wrongful-dismissal charges, but I will also sue the company for harassment and loss of reputation, etc.

Their lawyers talked it over and it was decided that I wouldn't need to go to their course.

They fucked me over in the end though by 'moving me latterally' to another department with mediocre responsibilities. I quit.

And yet they have a job and you have to go to 100 more interviews.

They won't have a job when they're dead. The day of the rope for HR faggots is coming.

You should've taken them to court anyway. Sounds like systemic racist and sexist discrimination. Nobody benefits from leaving that shit to fester.

Ask them about a project they've done in the past. People can talk more comfortably about stuff they've done, and they can show they've actually accomplished stuff rather than memorising "Cracking the Coding Interview". If you ask good enough questions you can figure out whether or not they're bullshitting.

Well, unless they're REALLY good at bullshitting. But I think it's more effective than seeing if they can do fizzbuzz.

>and if she did I'd go to the GM of HR and file a complaint against her for being discrimitory based on gender and race
Too bad you got btfo for being in the wrong you discrimitory [sic] bigot

And if you're going that route I suggest start by explaining what the company does, what the team he's applying for does, let him ask questions, get the feel if he's a dumbass, desinterested or none of those.

how are you supposed to get stars in github projects?
mine are just curious math-related shit

At least 66% will fail

Attached: y2jujm.jpg (320x269, 28K)

In my company the engineering departments do their own hiring.

jacobian.org/2018/nov/29/annotated-interview-kickoff-script/

the answer is 1/2

the answer for you retards is you start at floor 14, then you go up 13 floors and drop it, then 12 floors etc
medium.com/@khopsickle/2-eggs-and-100-floors-a032beb77aaa

Its 2/3. Dude alr gave u the ans.

>take from the same box

the man is correct. the box with 2 silvers can be excluded completely now. either the next ball is silver or it's gold, 50/50 shot.

Remember they're more scared of you than you are of them.

Conditional probability (1/3)/(1/2)

50%
next question

t. assblasted thinkpad owning dandruff dripping all black wearing turbosperg

where did the hr touch you faggot?

kek OP please do this.

Or have them write an algorithm to do something, but the catch is that they have to do it mathematically, no code or pseudocode whatsoever.

i had this happen to me,
>"Great you figured out the math problem (eventually), can you devise a algebraic equation to figure it out for every case?"
>After studying the whiteboard for sometime i say
>"im sure such an equation exists but im not to sure how to figure it out right now"
i didnt get a callback

Attached: 1546348859613.png (1080x1080, 1.42M)

they wanted to hire a chink or pajeet cause they were cheaper and had the question(s) ready if they eventually had to send you on your merry way.

Ask him if they watch anime with a straight face.

likelihood =/= probability

I remember solving this problem in my AI class

50% obviously

1/3 of the time you pick from the all silver box. You don't coun't those times.
1/6 of the time you pick from the mixed box and you get a silver ball. You don't count those times.
1/6 of the time you pick from the mixed box and you get a golden ball. You count those times.
1/3 of the time you pick from the all golden box. You count those times.
Now counting only the times you picked a golden ball, since we discard the times you picked a silver one:
1/3 of the times you have picked from the mixed box and 2/3 of the times you have picked from the all golden box. It is twice as likely that the box you picked from is the all golden box.

people still fall for it huh.

For the first one you can just throw the egg from the ground floor to the sky

>Yes

Write out sleep sort in a relevant language and ask them to explain how it works and the theoretical algorithmic cost

This triggered me.

Attached: 1503003934644.jpg (339x481, 53K)

>No sir, I don't associate with that sort of thing. I did at one point of my life but I'm happy to say that is long behind me. [clasps hands nervously]

just accept him at a lower wage, if he's not a total potato he'll learn from the tasks that he's given

If they get nervous then they are hired because they know that thing is awful

Drop an egg from floor 2.
If it does not break, go up to floor 4 and drop it there.
If it does not break, go up to floor 6 and drop it there.
Repeat this process until one breaks.
When the egg finally breaks, go down one level and drop the second egg. If it breaks, that is your floor, if it does not break, go up one floor and drop it again to confirm the previous break.

>determine local minimum of n^2 elements by only looking at n elements

I was going to scathingly criticise you, but it turns out that you are the only person who answered this question correctly. Congratulations. You're hired. IF you can draw your answer on the whiteboard using a programming language of your choice.

*ritsu
fixed that for you buddy

As long as they don't say asuza or mio

>2 eggs
>100 floors
>Least number of drops

>do you mean like Dragon Ball Z? yeah I used to watch it as a kid
t. Chad

"If you could have any superpower, what would it be?"
"What animal were you in your previous incarnation?"
"Tell me a joke. It has to be funny."

Also
"Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"
"Which Star Wars movie is your favorite?"

Don't ask any technical questions, then at the end of the interview say he probably isn't a good cultural fit.

Attached: 1455203290267.png (371x461, 231K)

That is certainly possible, easiest would be going up one for at a time until one egg breaks.