Microsoft open sourcing Calculator

Watch out lincucks.
First your entire kernel was implemented as a simple driver inside Windows and now Microsoft is going the way of open source.

Your days are numbered. How will you cope?

blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2019/03/06/announcing-the-open-sourcing-of-windows-calculator/
github.com/Microsoft/calculator

Attached: 1532713820846.png (972x418, 189K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_to_the_power_of_zero
github.com/reactos/reactos/tree/master/base/applications/calc
langserver.org/
github.com/Microsoft/calculator/blob/master/src/CalcViewModel/Common/TraceLogger.cpp
github.com/LorenzCK/OnTopReplica
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WOW! Great contribution Microsoft. Just what we needed.

Cancerous flat design not worth the time

Me Rajess like it, wery good sir

> wangblows calc
> 0^0
> = 1
nice

Have you ever used the Linux calculator?
You guys do need it lmao

Are you literally retarded or only pretending?

>dos
nah

0^0 is undefined, like 0/0.

So they found out that having their calculator buttons being symetric was too hard of a job for their team to acomplish so they open sourced it so someone else could fix it for them?

E X T E N D E D
X
T
E
N
D
E
D

the one singular linux calculator

oh no, a calculator, what ever shall we do

I thought it was going to be the windows 7 calculator. When do we get the windows xp paint?

faggot

Attached: NaNi.png (195x110, 4K)

More often than not defining 0^0 as 1 is more useful (and gives correct results) than leaving it undefined.

Do you mean the python interpreter?

>powerful
log off

Ah, the Linux calculator, also known as Python command line...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_to_the_power_of_zero
>Zero to the power of zero, ..., is a mathematical expression with no agreed-upon value.

>The IEEE 754-2008 floating-point standard is used in the design of most floating-point libraries. It recommends a number of operations for computing a power:[20]

>pow treats 0^0 as 1. If the power is an exact integer the result is the same as for pown, otherwise the result is as for powr (except for some exceptional cases).
pown treats 0^0 as 1. The power must be an exact integer. The value is defined for negative bases; e.g., pown(−3,5) is −243.

(You)

I just want OneNote open-sourced.

Does this mean I can get the old calculator back to windows, or is this simply that horrendous metro faggot UI version I already removed by force from my system?

There's nothing stopping you from using the XP one.

Attached: 1537103664113.png (256x255, 6K)

is it open source, can you link to the repo?

github.com/reactos/reactos/tree/master/base/applications/calc

Great, now someone can change that fucking scaling bug!

No. MS gets paid for their apps and they sponsor pajeets to shill on muh gee, so let's not fix anything.

it takes a massive retard to use a standalone software gui calculator

Attached: a33.png (558x614, 32K)

Is this the new Windows 10 calculator that takes 10 motherfucking seconds to start on an i7 system and has gigantic buttons as if designed for 3 year old children?

>a fucking calculator
>collects telemetry
>includes offsite CoC liable to change without warning

Attached: zPrIetr.jpg (720x960, 114K)

No, bc. How can someone who only used Linux for two weeks know more about it than you tards, lol.

Mildly amusing. That said, Microsoft did actually spearhead one open source thing that probably really isn't useless:
langserver.org/

Ya. On the other hand, why not? At least this one can't really fuck anyone over.

>hurr no shiny flatshit shiny buttons therefore bad
>only used Linux for two weeks
retard alert

How dare you question glorious leader Stallmans calculator. You didn't even know it existed, did you?

Into the trash

Attached: telemetry in a fucking calculator.png (924x142, 14K)

>github.com/reactos/reactos/tree/master/base/applications/calc
wow, the low quality winshit10 calculator gets open sourced
what a contribution, especially considering that there are like a zillion much better calculators on linux

no illegal calculations goyim

>cry about it not being open source
>cry about it being open sourced
I don't get it.

name one person who cried about the calculator not being open source

Nobody wants UWP bloated trash.

>MIT
Cuck licence

E M B R A C E D
M
B
R
A
C
E
D

MIT is the only free license. GPL is the one that cucks you.

>GPL is the one that cucks you.
How come?

>free license
>actually you're not free to do x, y, and z

>MIT license
>actually you're not free to sue us
cucked

>adding WSL, endorsing Wine, and slowly porting/open sourcing parts of Windows
In the near future
>Windows display manager/Windowing system ported to a systemd/Linux system.
>100% built with LLVM/Clang, No GNU commies allowed.

What are the x, y and z you're talking about? I don't see how GPL forbids you from doing god's work.

>wanting the freedom to be raped by megacorps who give nothing back
maximum cuckoldry

>free license
>user can study modify and redistribute the software
>developer gets anti-theft protection
>no non free software allowed

>MIT license
>barely a license
>can put random nonfree telemetry binaries and still call it open sauce
>people can steal your code easily

>raped by megacorps
how if people just refuse to use proprietary software

Only thing they could make opensource and not be really embarrassed by their code. We've all seen MEs code

github.com/Microsoft/calculator/blob/master/src/CalcViewModel/Common/TraceLogger.cpp
>telemetry unit
>almost 1k loc

>Microsoft is now serving GNU software to all users
>Microsoft says they "love Linux"
>Microsoft open sourcing their own software now
Wait... Doesn't this mean WE (the open source world) are the ones who are winning?

See

How does it take that much code to make a fucking calculator?

Ok, Im curious.
How many lines of code does the MS Calculator contain?

holy fucking cringe

Attached: 1537524843387.png (212x28, 1K)

why is this acceptable? how can anyone publish this with a straight face?

They might be finishing for reactions to gauge how outraged the tech savy community is with telemetry, if at all.

That path doesn't have only 1 outcome you know. Sure they are trying to "embrace, extend, extinguish". But it's a risky strategy because it does involve them giving in. The initial moves of the strategy are also identical to them just flat out losing.
You can spin it as a strategy, and I can spin it as them moving into the open source world for good.
Only time will tell how it plays out.

But it's not "open source VS MS".
If MS isn't careful and they go too far down this path they'll end up being nothing but a bigger version of Redhat and all OSes will have blurred lines between them, like the lines between GNU/Linux distros.
That's a win for us.

>100% build with LLVM/Clang
Looks like one of my dirty dreams

based android
"undefined or 1"

Attached: Screenshot_20190306-190730.png (864x1536, 51K)

I really hope that they make the magnifier app open source. I'm learning to program and am really interested in making my own magnifier application. Being able to examine the Windows magnifier would allow me to try and figure out why it has so many issues and how to avoid or fix them.

SOPA

github.com/LorenzCK/OnTopReplica

MS calculator can do a lot of things you stupid freetard.

Attached: hh.png (1039x950, 496K)

To me, the Linux calculator is bc and it's a pretty damn good calculator in my opinion. To this day, I use it more often than any other calculator.

Speed crunch is a close second but honestly it's basically a shitty gui version of bc. The only benefit is the built in functions and persistent history/saved functions (which I think bc can do you just have to configure it)

so does Speedcrunch and you don't get cucked with telemetry

So can a calculator from the 50s, what's your point?

Bullshit. The moment M$ flings enough shit at open source and blurries the line, it's a win for them.

>First your entire kernel was implemented as a simple driver inside Windows and now Microsoft is going the way of open source.
You realise you can write windows programs using a linux computer, right?

Fuck bc calculates 0^0 to 1
What terrible universe have I landed in?

>evaluating an expression incorrectly gives the correct results

He implied that the Linux calculator was inferior to the Windows calculator. If "Linux calculator" refers to bc, he's objectively wrong. bc isn't a part of Linux btw. Linux is a kernel. bc is userland.

brainlet here, how can they kill freely distributable software like Linux?

Using python as calc is so comfy
And I don't even python

What is CoC?
Corruption of Champions?

code of cuckduct

Historically, Linux as an OS was GNU userland plus Linux kernel. Everyone on Linux has bc. Just like everyone has programs like bash, man, and GCC. Things are changing now, the GNU stuff is dying off. But in the past, bc was pretty much the command you could always count on a distro having for calculations

They don't have to kill it. All the have to do is to poison the well.

Linux is already dying. It used to be cutting edge (but not easy to use). Now Linux is more and more just a shitty version of everything else.

Cuckening of Conduct

0^0 is literally always 1 in science and mathematics.

No. WP got this one right:
> a mathematical expression with no agreed-upon value
> In algebra, combinatorics, or set theory, the generally agreed upon value is 0^0 = 1, whereas in mathematical analysis, the expression is generally left undefined. Computer programs also have differing ways of handling this expression.
Basically, 0^0=1 may be practical, but it doesn't really have a demonstrable meaning in physical reality that would force mathematicians to use this everywhere.

>Embrace
>Extend
>Extinguish

bye bye lincucks

Attached: 1549388088879.png (1200x900, 551K)

Defining me as a rich Chad gives me better results than leaving me undefined, but it's still not true.

The infinite backwards compatibility universe. If there are humans with computers 10,000 years from now, they will still have something that runs x86 binaries on all computers.

pajeets back at it again

Attached: when_you_cant_divide_by_zero.jpg (500x500, 57K)

I'm a physicist, pretty much everywhere I've encountered it, it's been physically meaningful to treat 0^0 as 1

>UWP shit
Why bother? The only people this benefits are the MS execs that no longer need to pay pajeets to maintain the calculator app.

piss off sopa

how do I build for linux

You can't, it relies on proprietary Windows components to build.

then whats the fucking point

see
I really wouldn't be surprised if this becomes a trend.

yeah they already cut QA costs by making end-users beta-test Windows 10 for free, it's only downhill from now

>Microsoft is going the way of open source
>How will you cope?
By using the Windows source code as a reference to perfect Wine and implement missing Linux drivers, rendering all reasons to use Windows obsolete. Retard.

Microsoft is just going to show freetards who is in charge.