Jow Forums absolutely annihilated

Jow Forums absolutely annihilated

Attached: 1548557029662.png (634x691, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.cleancoder.com/uncle-bob/2018/12/14/SJWJS.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Gardner
medium.com/incerto/iq-is-largely-a-pseudoscientific-swindle-f131c101ba39
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Based

>hire me based on my ability to cry
Im sorry, but what te fuck is emotional intelligence, and what makes it anywhere near important as merit and skill?

You're right, emotional intelligence IS important. That's why I don't hire danger hairs, they are the most emotionally insecure demographic by any metric.

>write code
>code doesn't work
>throw fit of rage, destroy your computer and desk
>get PTSD
>employer has to pay for your therapy sessions for the rest of your life

we need more stoic developers

>seething fragile masculinity

>flopping beef curtains

twitter was a mistake

>seething fragile masculinity
Funny real inmature people just raging or REEE.

And stoic is a really mature and intelligent posture.

>I think about this a lot... I'm not sure what the right answer is just yet.
just go with your feelings.

>get called out on hypocrisy
>hurrrr we were lying all along!
>technical skill isn't important, (because we don't have that), we were merely pretending!!111

OH NO NO NO

Attached: algo.png (602x1137, 473K)

Why would you need emotional intelligence to work with fellow autists?

>screeching (((female)))

It's the capacity of interacting with others, picking subtle cues, being able to create things that cater of the others intellect, and also being an horrid manipulator that creates a terrible cult around your shitty products.
Think Steve Jobs and his PR team.
You're a brainlet in terms of emotional intelligence if you fall for shit like feminism.
You would be able to pick the shit MILES away.

Whiteboard become standard test, because people with good emotional intelligence and social skill easy lie about begin super ubers rock stars programmers but unable write fizzbuzz.

Attached: 1533552208120.jpg (1294x478, 69K)

Based Whiteboards

ahahahahahaha

Stupid bitch lmao

Rest in p*ss terry....

Attached: AE8EA4CE-D136-466D-8538-399770086ADB.jpg (742x720, 52K)

>Heavy algorithmic questions.
Such as fizzbuzz, right?

Social acuity =/= emotional intelligence. Being sympathetic, is not correlative to having good ideas or communication skills.

She is right though.

Not really.

I unironically agree and companies are moving towards it too.

>look at me I'm so contrarian
This got old years ago

No John, I won't be able to code what you asked me to, but I can guilt trip you into not firing me for it.

Though being able to understand what your customers and co-workers are feeling is an important skill, it is not as nearly important as being able to create good programs if you are software dev. For example, a person with poor social skills and great programming skills is still be a useful asset, because they can create programs. But a person with great social skills, but shit programming skills is absolutely useless for building software. In conclusion, the grill in OP's pic is a coping retard and OP is a faggot that makes low quality bait.

Attached: 1505065819504.png (784x349, 19K)

>but what te fuck is emotional intelligence
It's where an entirely untalented vagina owner or vagina envying penis lopper offer tries to redefine neurotypicality as anything other than utter averageness.
It's literally
>I'm a dead average not on the spectrum person
>give me more money

Exactly. Both sides are fucking stupid and just want to get mad at something. All skills are potentially useful in the workplace, they just need to be used in the right place. I wouldn't expect a programmer to create I don't know, a disaster & evacuation plan, and I wouldn't expect the head of PR to be able to create programs for their company. Like I would try and avoid using individuals with poor customer service skills from interacting with the general public. As businesses already know this and act accordingly to ensure their company works as efficiently as possible, these threads are just a waste of space.

>discriminates against sociopaths, psychopaths and other mental illnesses that affect emotions
That is ableism user, not very progressive of you user.

she has neither of those which makes this post bait.

>discriminating against people who are the closest one can come to being evil/monsters
>bad

Attached: 1492222635368.jpg (920x920, 209K)

>Implying this is not heavily reflected in the review process
I got a pharma system admin job with a BA in his, a year of temp work, and a summer college it job. I was told that I best out another candidate because he was a basement dweller with no friends or hobbys.

is emotional intelligence just another word for SOCIAL SKILLS?

Because they could do without the pretentious shit, social skills are supremely more important than dev skills, and any sane person will attest to the same.

>they just misgendered someone and didn't realize it

Leftists are just bigots pretending they know what's best for you.

I want you to use your social skills to create high quality code by yourself.

>autistic anime poster can't recognize sarcasm

I thought discord trannies were only raiding /v/. Are they actually on other boards too?

>expecting sarcasm, something that relies mainly on tonal infection and facial expression to make itself known, to work well on a written medium.
Swing and a miss, sucker.

Nobody wants to hire the autist who
>mumbles when he talks
>gets angry when you ask him to repeat himself or speak up
>is arrogant and refuses to cooperate or work with others
>delusions of grandeur and arrogance means he looks down on people who aren't autistic like him
>actively tries to sabotage the females on the team due to deep-rooted issues with the opposite sex
>is actually incapable of working with others because he doesn't speak up
>keeps all problems to himself until it comes to bite your team in the ass
>is a language zealot and writes inoperable and unmaintainable garbage code

All this goes away when you filter out people who can't even look at you in the eye or maintain a strong speaking volume during an interview.

She is correct. Being able to get along with coworkers and customers and managers and connect with them on a personal/emotional level is important if you want to work sustainably in an office environment.

However not everyone in tech wants to do that and OP is a baiting fag for posting twitter sockpuppet shit. That woman is a literal microsoft shill who does nothing but astroturf and post selfies. Of course she would say things like that to push an agenda.

her daughter is pretty hot

A hot take is supposed to be a controversial opinion which are often contrarian by nature. This thot is dumb.

The autist can and will be hired if their skills outweigh the negatives.
You've clearly never worked anywhere that puts results over everything else.

>inb4 trolley problems on job application forms

It's not hard to recognize sarcasm online if you aren't a complete autismo. It's obvious that the other poster was trying to make fun of progressives.

the most personally insufferable SJWs always want to dictate conduct to others

If I pull the lever and kill more people will it make my code run faster?

>Im sorry, but what te fuck is emotional intelligence
>hire me based on my ability to cry
The exact opposite of this.

>and what makes it anywhere near important as merit and skill?
So you don't need to deal with snowflakes and people who make a whole scene at your job because someone said/done something. Or these days just read/wrote/saw something, like you being a Trump supporter and (s)he asking you to get fired for this sole reason (that as you said and probably know, doesn't have anything to do with your merit/skill at work).
I don't think you want this kind of person around you, neither on your personal life nor job. This is the kind of person with a shitty emotional intelligence, she just can't deal with her emotions and explode for trivial - probably unrelated to the topic - things.
It's a good thing, a massive filter to idiots, millennials and sjw in general.

I have seen this happen but only when the autist is a high-tier academic who has mastered some obscure algorithms or theories, or alternatively if they have extensive experience with some legacy technology that no one else does.
For the average code monkey with a 4 year degree you will be forced to paticipate in daily scrum meetings and get on the phone with customers, so not being a complete sperg is required.

But the lever is on private property, so pulling it would result in you violate the NAP

>so you would pull the lever to save five people at the cost of one life, but you wouldn't push someone to the track to stop the trolley? I'm sorry, we can't hire people with inconsistent moral frameworks.

>complete sperg
Thankfully, its an spectrum so there's a lot of potentially successful combinations of sperginess and skill.

based

>skills being equal, emotional intelligence becomes a tiebreaker.
Imagine my shock.
Thing is, most of the time there IS a significant skill difference between the sperg and the non-sperg.

Attached: emotional_intelligence_at_work.png (690x382, 68K)

I've met complete sperg programmers who lash out at you if you don't do things their way, I don't know how they got past HR.
Did they simply get hired before their company added an HR dept?

Dear dev, your task for today is to add a border here, and allow the user to switch the colours of this item.
>Yes! I feel like I can do this! Emotionally speaking, this is a great idea that warms my heart!
Ok, that is good. Please proceed with the task.
>I have already felt everything there is to feel about this, there is nothing else I can do.

This is correct, but 'emotional intelligence' doesn't mean what she thinks it means. Her and her ilk would not pass the bar to not act like fucking children at the slightest infraction

>Nobody wants to hire the autist who
Dude if this autist is capable of moving mountains and keeping my core business functionality in tact, I absolutely want to hire him and give him stock options to keep him happy

Stop falling for the "hurr durr good engineers are necessarily nice people" meme. Some of them are, some of them aren't

Honest question, do you actually spend time seeking out these things just to confirm your bias, or did you simply read hate threads on Jow Forums and Jow Forums once and then decide "fuck it i'm all in"?

they're probably the reason the company managed to get big enough to need an HR department in the first place.

Attached: image.jpg (545x650, 73K)

agreed. My company just hired 2 sticky incels and all they do is talk about coding all day. We've already decided, as an office, to pin them for sexual harassment or some shit just to get them out of here. Just looking at their acne-ridden pimple faces makes me sick to my stomach.

Attached: 51lDd6C46KL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 17K)

>There must be some deep seated emotional and psychological problems behind people who think that public coddling of transsexuals is dangerous and weird

If it kills office culture, I welcome it. White collar work is a pox on society

Most autists aren't. They're mostly just normal people but with bad understanding of social cues

Americans truly gluzzed the subversion and the undermining of their own technological and productive industries like nothing, why nobody else notices the obvious bullshit and scam that these colored haired clowns spout everyday?

i am self taught and that means daily lessons on discrete math, daily algorithm and data structure problems, and constantly wishing i have a CS major and took math more seriously in high school.

Oh and both are jewish

Nice implications there friendo. You didn't answer my question.

Btw I work with mentally ill kids at my day job (schoolteacher) and it is possible to find them a good place in society. But it requires work and understanding, not shitty attempts at political subterfuge.

It's the ability to manipulate people through emotional means.

being a good engineer requires being good at communication. it's a fact now.
>"Programming is a social activity."
--Robert C. Martin

Yes

Well, look at that, it also discriminates against autists and asperger's, bipolars.
Not very progressive at all. Affirmative action for these people right now!

>uncle bob

Attached: 1477552437092.jpg (1920x1080, 255K)

based Bob uncle
blog.cleancoder.com/uncle-bob/2018/12/14/SJWJS.html

People like that usual don't have much in the dev skills area anyway. They just shitpost online.

Your hired.

I saw this thread, googled "transgender suicide rate," clicked on images, and it was the first result. Maybe you should seek treatment for your disease, rather than assume the world is out to get you.

>Btw I work with mentally ill kids at my day job (schoolteacher)
This is disturbing.

This. Emotional intelligence is basically the opposite of getting emotional at every oppurtunity.

>oh boy code review time
>jesus fuck all these errors
>how did this even compile
>ok fine, here we go...
>5 hours later
>every issue I found now has fix with clear explanation of how issue is fixed
>ah, 3 more hours until I can go home and relax
>get email from manager telling me to come to their office
>their cube is literally right next to mine wtf
>get up and walk 3 steps to their desk
>get told my code fixes triggered the PTSD of the original programmer and 3 other reviewers and their tulpas
>apparently their code was never reviewed so seeing that it needs fixes both caused and triggered PTSD at the same time
>other reviewers were triggered when they saw a man was the one that submitted the fixes
>fired on the spot for comitting an act of emotional terrorism

his twitter is "problematic" he shits on obama sometimes and complains about partisan libs. needless to say, twitter gives him a lot of shit. he is cool in my book.

I'm not transgender. But any one of us could have a kid that turns out to be transgender.
Perhaps think about the actual reason why outing oneself to a family member would result in suicide. Would you drive your own child to that?

What, that someone has to teach kids things, even if they have disabilities?

but, how does emotional intelligence benefit the employer? does it help develop software or what?

emotional intelligence literally means not losing your cool under pressure, and certainly not whatever these problem hairs think it does

because engineers have to work with others. someone who is competent but constantly an asshole for no reason is worse for a business than someone who is friendly/helpful but less competent.

Ironically, the majority of "these" people in tech have absolutely terrible emotional intelligence. they can't even be given constructive criticism, or hear someone with differing opinions than theirs without bursting out crying. maybe weeding them out would help the tech industry.

Not enough females results in women like this in tech jobs.

But if you hire more females, then men start acting like chads and never get any work done.

>We've already decided, as an office, to pin them for sexual harassment
Fuck you, t-
>Oh and both are jewish
Based and Aryanpilled

WhyCan'tIGetASoftwareDevelopmentJobWithZeroRelevantSkills?

This guy goes full autism because muh IQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Gardner
Instead of debunk IQ fraud like this
medium.com/incerto/iq-is-largely-a-pseudoscientific-swindle-f131c101ba39

Gardner just relabel social skill as multiples inteligences and people begin bad in math, say muh emotional intelligence.

Yes, comunication,planning and understand customer need is vital in any company.

Scum master or agile developer is some soft guide for it(even this methodology could allow actual autist to work easy), but today a lot people just shit at code and want money software developer just say begin "good" in intelligence emotional and shit on introverted people,

sage goes in the options field

Attached: 1546380564786.png (634x153, 37K)

Imagine being autistic and programming is the only thing you're good at, and then you confront a neurotypical attractive chad who is not only better at your job, but he's also a well balanced likable person outside of his work.

Attached: fuckk.jpg (600x570, 61K)

>any one of us could have a kid that turns out to be transgender.
not everyone gets their child born in chernobyl or any kind of radioactive enviornment user. have fun with your otherspirit trisexual daughter in the future!

that is how mass shootings happen

fukken based

Attached: fukken_saved.jpg (600x563, 32K)