On a Macbook there's a handy gesture on the trackpad that allows you to tap three fingers over a word...

On a Macbook there's a handy gesture on the trackpad that allows you to tap three fingers over a word, or hard press (if you have one of the new models) and it brings up a small dictionary and definition of the word. I find this to be a nice quality of life feature rather than bringing the text over to google in a new tab or window.

I find myself missing the feature on my windows machine, do you know of any method where this is available on Windows?

Pic related

Attached: file.png (501x563, 76K)

yes

Good to know, ty m8

Attached: 1520537528856.gif (352x217, 1.64M)

POO IN LOO

Attached: 1521755184860.jpg (643x960, 255K)

always here to help

Attached: 1551517728587.jpg (700x289, 43K)

Yeah, some 3rd party Windows tool from the 90's era that apple copied 1:1 and put it in Macos. It was useless then, and it's useless now.

No, Microjeets can't into trackpad drivers.

>he doesn't have windows precision

I don't use Wangblows at all.

Don't worry, I'll be giving your mom my wangblows tonight, so you can watch and learn.

Alright you plebs, I guess I'll figure out hotkeys -.-

Attached: Bethany9.jpg (710x710, 44K)

Epin

>iVirgin never had a wangblows
lmao

then why the fuck are you saying that if you have zero idea of precision trackpads?

Winjeet seems mad.

im absolutely mad beacuse im sticking to windows in my new laptop for job and im trying to learn everything on the new zoomer trackpad and its awful but its def faster than pointing the cursor to a gui thing

Considering Apple copied the feature from Windows based Asian IME software from the 90's, yes, I'd say there is a method of getting that feature on Windows.

Attached: 1548349587601.png (800x600, 139K)

Based knowledge.

The good thing about the macOS version is it works across multiple programs. I mainly use it when web browsing and Firefox has some extensions to give me my desired outcome, I was just hoping there was something all-encompassing like the mac.

Ah well, maybe it could be a cool project to work on when I know more about software development.

>2019
>needing to look words up in a dictionary on a regular basis

u wat m8?

Cortana has built in Oxford dictionary if you just type "define #####"
MSOffice has built in dictionary lookup
Browsers have plugins if you're super lazy

It could be a second language that I'm still learning

Or I could be reading above my current comprehension. The only way to improve in something is to push the outskirts of your ability.

I read an hour in the morning and an hour at night, the chances of me finding a word I don't know the meaning to is high.

Cortana is a good shout, hadn't thought of using her. She may be good for something yet!

>trademarked name
Pathetic as fuck, nobody would find that information even remotely useful.
Does it also run you down if you ask to define nigger?

The fact that I didn't even notice that section is proof of how useless it is. My brain didn't even register its existence before posting and after posting.

The best part is I can't even test "nigger" because I had to give my macbook into the Apple store due to the anti-reflection coating on the screen being stripped away. Not my fault, but a manufacturing fault.

Luckily it falls under the extended warranty due to it being their fault.

Attached: file.png (480x480, 364K)

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1524942696124.gif (500x491, 376K)

works on ios with new oxford american dictionary

Attached: image.jpg (1242x2208, 589K)

>Get bettertouchtool
>Set 3 finger swipe left and right gestures to snap windows to the left or right side of the screen
>More swiping for switching between screens and workspaces

If there's one thing I miss from macOS is that. Wish it could be done on Windows. The apple trackpad works like ass on Windows and I fully blame apple for this

>shitty copy of synaptics gestures FROM windows
>Wish it could be done on Windows.
brainlet

Attached: 1551081988454.png (1008x863, 133K)