What do i use PCIE slots for besides my graphics card?

What do i use PCIE slots for besides my graphics card?

Attached: pcieslots.jpg (1280x720, 317K)

wifi card

Sound card.

tv tuner

serial port

More SATA

PCI adapter, and then use PCI cards to pass through to your windows 98se VM.

x1: I have a C2D system that has a USB3 card in one, since its too old to have it on board, and an X58 system that has one too, since it has a miserly two USB3 ports and no internal header. I used a TV tuner card to watch sportsball with an antenna and VLC. Router has a wi-fi card that I run hostapd on for my access point.
>x1: Said router also has a dual-port gigabit NIC, and one machine has a SAS HBA to hook up a pile of hard drives.

Bluetooth and wifi card

>PCI adapter, and then use PCI cards to pass through to your windows 98se VM.
Where can you find a PCI—e to PCI adapter?

chyna

10 gig

another graphics card for more monitor ports

Attached: 1481186208049.gif (444x272, 1005K)

More USB ports

Attached: 256GB ReadyBoost.jpg (1536x2056, 482K)

>Ebay
>Newegg
>Amazon
>aliexpress
>taobao
The usual places.

Serial addon to connect to random gadgets

Those old motherboards still had seriously headers.
My newish motherboard still has a serial header.

What is that with the bnc connectors?

this is a meme do not listen to his lies
t. sound card user

A capture card

Ah okay. Thanks. Thought that it was an internal breakout for some crt monitor, or something.

nvme

USB 3.0 card
Network card
Sound card
Capture card

Plenty of shit

Sound cards are a shit meme when you can have better external devices like mixers and dac/amps.

Pcie nvme m.2

>Sound cards are a shit meme
But the older sound cards are the only way to make old dos, and windows 95/98/2000 games sound correctly.

external sound cards are for faggots.

t. turbofag

t. the man in the box

I want to access the 1x PCIe slot under my GPU using an extension cable but the remaining expansion slots on my case go to PCI slots on the motherboard. Will a PCIe 1x extension cable allow me to place a PCIe 1x card over a PCI slot?

Attached: rise.jpg (500x500, 38K)

I didn't think sound cards were still relevant until I tried some hacky shit in FLStudio and heard my laptop struggle to synthesize.

what kind of sound card should I get if I want to be a faggot and stream and have a second headphone output

Thats 100% your CPU being choked. Sound cards only simply output audio, they don't render it at all.
Sound cards haven't rendered audio since Vista when the sound layer of the OS was moved out of the kernel to the user land, thats why you stopped seeing EAX and shit like that since hardware acceleration for things like that legit can't be done anymore. XP was the last OS that could do that shit, its all done in software now (which in the long run is better anyways).

The last time I ever got a sound card was when the onboard sound integrated into motherboards was still utter shit, like in the early 00s time. It was an audigy 2 zs. Then they got their shit together and you never needed to buy one.

NICs

Interdasting. I thought it worked similarly to how, say, an external GPU could relieve the integrated GPU/CPU. So hardware accelerated sound processing is not an option anymore?

Nothing. That's why I went mini-ITX.

Attached: asus-b360-i-3d-large.jpg (1934x1979, 664K)

yup. that's cpu. Try changing sound card options in setting from primary device to ASIO v2, and open ASIO control panel from taskbar and set sample slider to the right (2048 samples) - best setting for shitty cpu

Intel 750 Series SSD

>So hardware accelerated sound processing is not an option anymore?
Yup. But with you average computer being a quad core 3ghz+ any more, your CPU can do way more and is way more flexable then any soundcard could hope to be.
Sound cards anymore are just glorified DACs. They can still be nice if you need additional inputs/outputs, midi, better noise floor, 17-45v amped recording (like plugging a guitar in) etc.

nah, i just found this badboi, it sounds incredibly good with studio headphones

Attached: aaaaaa.jpg (450x350, 19K)

>ASIO

Another graphics card. Also NVMe storage.

You usually can't use these x1 extensions on the pcie covered by the gpu, unless you cut it or whatever, so yeah, look for a pci to pcie adapter then use the extension. It probably won't really work at full speed but maybe I'm mistaken. Just try it and tell us.

Literally any, try those stinky usb 7.1 chink usb cards and use your integrated dac, or if you are using hdmi and have a GPU, use the amd/Nvidia driver and use the outputs on your monitor