1080p still standard??

How and why is this acceptable, by now even most of fucking phones are 2k but YOU are still jewed into believing that 1080p is standard???
2k should be on EVERY single monitor over 19'' by now but instead we get TV sized monitors and basedboys LOVE IT.

Attached: 미_뮤즈몬_스페셜페이지.jpg (3000x1997, 374K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/aznidentity/
youtube.com/watch?v=ur0hCdne2-s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2K_resolution
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do I write better code on a 2k monitor?

Broadcast is still 1080i, and even satellite/cable have very few 1080p-4k stations.

Smartphones should stick to smol 1280x720 screens tbqh.

ill assume that humanity is better of without you writing anything with your logic and stand on innovation

1080p monitors are perfectly sufficient. Phone resolution is overkill and an unnecessary battery drain.

16:10 should be the standard, 16:9 is garbage
also kys 3dpd chinkposter

Everyone that has an opinion on the type of monitor they want, do not want 1080p.
I'm just sad because I want to replace my old 1080p monitors, but I also want IPS 144 Hz, and I'm not filthy fucking rich. I could afford 1440p but that just feels wrong, since my 13" laptop is 1440p and I bought it 4 years ago.

>ppi density does not matter

Imagine not realizing that only intelligent humans are white and east asian ones

But why would I pay for a 2k monitor if I don't get any benefits from it?

>chinks
>human
xddd

>innovation does not matter
>we should forever be stuck on same price for 1080p

>1080p monitors are perfectly sufficient
Stop this.
What does sufficient mean?
Why is not a 720 monitor sufficient?
Why is not a monitor from the 80's is sufficient?

It's such a ridiculous word, same as "need". They don't mean anything.
It's not about that.

I'm more interested in refresh rate and HDR than I am resolution.

id trade 100 incels for 10 intelligent asians

BUY 4K
BUY 4k
CONSUME CONSUME CONSUME

That's the exact problem we deal with and why we're stuk on 1080p
brainwashed faggots think that all hardware should advance instead of the one that they're staring at whole day, and now we have faggots holding their PC cases on their fucking desks
makes me sick

Asians hate you. reddit.com/r/aznidentity/

You didn't answer his question. Up until the 1080p drop, a single resolution was the standard for decades. 1080p took off because of the introduction of thin, comparably light weight screens combined with a huge and noticeable increase in resolution. It was a revolution in TVs, and 4k is not, so people are content continuing to use their 1080p screens. This is the reason why HDR is mostly limited to 4k, not because 1080p screens can't have HDR, but because TV manufacturers are trying to entice people to make the leap.

>500-600 PPI isn't overkill

t.retard
please go to pol

good goy

t.retard
please go to pol

imagine having 600 ppi on your monitor? It's not like it would make everything you look at XXXX% more pleasant?

The OP is calling people soiboys for being fine with a 1080p monitor, disagreeing with that is not meant hating innovation. I will buy a monitor that can do the job I need it for at the lowest price.

we should never innovate and move onto other things, why do not we just bring back our CRTs since it costs less?
rly that dumb are you lmao

ok sure enjoy your LG 19M38A-B TN

You are advocating for consumers to think about how they can best give as much money as possible to giant tech companies every time they buy something, even if the extra cost doesn't benefit themselves, only so they can "drive innovation". At the same time you call people soiboys who aren't this cucked.

The only reason I jumped ship from CRT in 2007 was because I was going to college, and a 40" CRT was heavy as hell. Got a 28" 720p/1080i LCD Olevia, which I used until I got a 42" 1080p LED Sony for Xmas in 2012 or 2013. Last Xmas season, I purchased myself a 55" Quantum Dot Samsung during a sale that knocked off $400 from the price.

It's 4k, but due to the devices hooked up to it and my internet speed (20mb/sec down), I've never seen anything in 4k. I don't regret upgrading, since I wanted a bigger screen and internet speeds will only continue to improve, but I can't imagine upgrading again. I've got 4k, HDR, FALD, and 120hz natural refresh rate, and I just don't see anything coming down the tube that I would care about. Even if it breaks, I'd probably just repair it.

>implying anything above 1024x768 hasn't always been a meme

You are really that retarded?
I'm advocating for people to ASK FOR LOWER PRICES FOR 2K monitors HOLY SHIT ITS 2019 and we are fucking STUCK on same shit for YEARS now while TVs and Phones are literally flying by.
Also it seems like u have no idea how market works so i just wont bother

it would make everything look like shit because it would be expensive as fuck to buy a 600DPI monitor, and I would have been miserable after.

So you do not think 10k for price of todays 4k should be a thing in 5 years?
Absolute jew

I don't think I'll see a point to spending the money on such diminished returns, when I'm watching my screen from 7+ feet away.

1080p will be standard as long as scaling still sucks. It works like ass on Windows right now. Desktops still need your old-fashioned 90ppi as of 2019. Sad.

You jest but that's actually good enough for most people

why invent color tv when this one shows picture perfectly well!

More like, "Why buy a color TV if you can only see in monochrome?"

I spent good money on my new TV. I don't see the point in turning around and spending more money on a resolution that will in no way be noticeable at the screen size and distance I will be watching from.

monochrome TV

>1080p
While it's true most monitors can go up to 2K, few hardware can still do 1080p without issues.
Most of Jow Forums uses thinkpads, which can do 720p just fine, 1080p and you're looking to potential house fire, 2K is not playable.
Also most people don't have the internet speed/ enough bandwidth to afford the extra MBs for pseudo improvement in quality.

Attached: the-only-difference-between-these-two-notes-is-your-belief-that-one-has-more-value-than-the-other.jp (720x495, 52K)

>I'm advocating for people to ASK FOR LOWER PRICES FOR 2K monitors
I don't care about 2k.
>Also it seems like u have no idea how market works
I think you don't understand how it works, when people keep buying 1080p, the price will go down as well. If I go out and spend more money than necessary on a monitor with things I don't need, will I actually benefit from that? Or are you only spending that extra money for the collective good? I'm leaving it to fags like you to drive this innovation.

2K is barely over 1920x1080, what difference does it make

I have a 4k TV.
I download lossless blu-ray rips.
I have very good vision, but I can really hardly tell the difference between a 1080p and 4k blu-ray rip.
I also have an older oculus rift though which is 1080p, but there you can actually see the pixels and it's easy to conclude 4k will be much better.
tldr: you only need 4k+ when the screen is literally on your face.

Colour vs B&W is a whole new ball game. Resolution is an incremental upgrade.

Not to mention, it's a big increase in processing power that could be better utilized on other, more noticable factors, like frame rate and HDR.

its 1.77 times the pixel count. that makes a shitton of difference

if OP wasnt such a huge faggot he would at least post the sunmi video so we could worship azn qts.
here you go:
youtube.com/watch?v=ur0hCdne2-s

now to the topic: FHD is perfect. On phones, on tablets, on 24" monitors. There is no need to use a higher resolution, because its bloated, energy consuming garbage and there is no need to use a screen that is bigger than 24"
you consumer söyfaggots need to calm down and find a purpose in life outside of buying the newest phones and gaymes

because fuck you that's why

2k is 2048 pixels wide. 1080p is 1920 pixels wide. 1080p is 93.75% the resolution of 2k. I'm not seeing a good argument to pay a bunch of money to get a 12.5% increase in overall resolution. It's probably why most screen/tv manufacturers decided to skip over it in case of 4k, which is 3,840 pixels wide, or literally 4x the resolution of 1080p.

oh, i thought you meant 2560x1440. in that case yeah, i agree.

>my laptop from 2014 has a 3200x1800 screen
>integrated graphics can't run shit at that resolution
What the fuck is the point?

marketing

Fucking idiot.
(2560*1440) / (1920*1080) = 1.77.
So this is the power of Jow Forums...

2k is 2048 x 1080.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2K_resolution

What you are defining is 1440p, NOT 2k.

Almost NO monitors on the market today have 2048×1080. While 2k might have an official definition, I doubt anyone is talking about it in here. bro

most uis and websites are designed for 1080p

1080p is good enough for video, I guess

Saying "1440p might as well be 2k," Is like saying, "720p might as well be 1080p." In fact, 720p is closer to 1080p than 2k is to 1440p.

There are way more important things when it comes to picture quality than resolution
Although I did not expect a technology board on Jow Forums to look further than the marketing resolution

I don’t get the point, 2k monitors are widely available and I managed to pick up a fairly decent one win 144hz and 1ms response time for a fairly decent price... well below what I paid for my old 1080p 144hz one when 144hz was still relatively new. So, what is the complaint? 2k monitors are widely available at relatively good prices, even 4K ones are not wildly expensive. 1080p is only ‘standard’ in that it is the most widely used because it is the cheapest and the majority of monitors are in use for general purposes where high resolution and isn’t a priority.

This. DPI scaling is only good on a handful of window managers and probably macOS.

1440p 144hz should be the standard

Reporting in, all my screens have greater than 1080p res
Don't reply to me if you're a resolutionlet

*scaling doesn’t work on windows right now

FTFY

bigger numbers
sheep love to upgrade to stuff with bigger numbers

Why would I need more than 720p on a phone or more than 1080p on a desktop or laptop when it's impossible to tell the difference between those and 2k+ in 99% of daily tasks? Phones are literally upscaling everything and simulating a 480p resolution at best, it's obvious that there isn't an advantage in having more than that many pixels. You're just wasting battery life.

after making this thread I can only conclude that Jow Forums has lower IQ on average than Jow Forums thanks for this insight
waste of time to spend time here

first 2k is 1080 pixels horizontally
second the smaller the screen the greater waste in pixellation and energy needed to resolve that waste

2k would be x2000, not x1080

OH NO GUYS WE MUST NOT WASTE ENERGY THINK ABOUT OZON LAYER

Bigger resolutions are necessary for bigger screens, idiot. There's a reason why 1080p on a phone looks more crisp than a 24" screen from 18 inches away. And there's a reason the same thing goes for 4k at the same distance.

Just shut up basically.

there is nothing wrong with 96DPI

>Good goy, keep on upgrading to the bigger number every 3 years, even if your eyes can't tell the difference on a 24" screen

>>>ppi density does not matter

It does matter but we already reached the point of diminishing returns. There's almost no way to distinguish a 1080p to a 1440p 5-inch phone unless you read the spec sheet.

>get 4k monitor
>have to scale everything up 4* to be able to read it

>wants bigger bills
>wants lower performance
>wants lower battery life
Enjoy being retarded.

Imagine not being able to tell difference between 122.38ppi and 91.79ppi
power of Jow Forums logic

>"Why does my phone always run out of battery?"

Attached: 1540451298782.png (500x533, 66K)

go back to pen and paper tech grandpa jew

i got a 4k tv recently when my 1080p one died and the 4k was only a small bit more, i dont use it in 4k though since the intel grpahics on my htpc cant play anime smoothly when outputting 4k

386ppi
battery lasts 36 hours for almost a year now
wew

The chinks can barely make anime in 1080p cause they give manga and anime studios peanuts to do anything. This is true across all their media and entertainment. Hollywood seems like the only people besides pretentious tech youtubers that are filming stuff and releasing content in 4k.

I might notice the difference on a big TV. Not so much on a 24" computer monitor. You can?

are you fucking joking?
It's like saying u cant notice difference between 720p and 1080p on 24''

It is nowhere near the same thing. You have diminishing returns on resolution.
It doesn't matter if the 24" monitor is 1080p, 4k or 16k.
My eye can't tell the difference past 1080p.
If you can, that's good for you, but I don't feel like upgrading just so I can have the newest biggest number.

How big of a difference does HDR make for gayming? I have a 4K HDR TV coming tomorrow. My PC isn't really powerful enough for 4K yet but it at least has HDR too. Also does HDR use a lot of processing power in games? I have a GTX 970.

>My eye can't tell the difference past 1080p.
U CANT TELL DIFFERENCE PAST 91ppi????
LULW what kind of chinese rat humanoid mutant are you

If I went larger I wouldn't be able to use a lot of my old wallpaper images anymore.

The human eye can only see 1080p and 30 fps.

based

By all means, go and splurge on a new screen every 3 years. Nothing but the best for your superhuman eyes.

>tfw just moved from 768p to 1080p a few months ago
I don't underestimate how good 2k and 4k must be but I won't get a monitor like that so soon

this amount of damage control
chill out jew
I just want OLD TECH to be CHEAPER as it SHOULD BE
Every each monitor at the moment is OVERPRICED

>by now even most of fucking phones are 2k
Which ones? Those few 5" Sony gimmick ones with 10 hours of battery life? Yeah, those sure are the standard.

>2k should be on EVERY single monitor over 19'' by now but
Why? Where's all the 2K content?

personally own 2k phone and battery lasts me almost full 2 days

Have you ever stopped to consider not everyone is pressing their nose against the screen? As you move farther from the panel the ppi you can tolerate lowers.

Which one?

What are you talking about, sperg?
My point is exactly to not get jewed. No need to waste money on the newest, baddest 4k monitor when 1080p will do just fine.
Also, the tech has been improving at 1080p (color depth, refresh rate, response time, panel type). You can't just look at resolution and claim "hurr durr, prices are the same as before for the SAME TECH".