Telemetry

>be M$
>release source code of calculator on GitHub
>paste password into calculator
>it will be sent as part of telemetry.

github.com/Microsoft/calculator/blob/057401f5f2b4bb1ea143da02c773ac18d1bb9a2e/src/CalcViewModel/Common/TraceLogger.cpp#L644-L655

Attached: index.png (225x225, 1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.com/questions/1810343/is-a-wide-character-string-literal-starting-with-l-like-lhello-world-guarantee
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why would you ever do this?
Are you dumb?

why does a fucking calculator need telemetry? send everything you do in it to m$ servers?

kys

>use microsoft products
first and last mistake you'll ever make, kiddo

Attached: 1550572288703.jpg (1090x759, 114K)

>microsoft
>expecting any privacy after continuing windows ten fiasco
lel?
>13mb on 668 files of source code for a fucking calculator that cant even do differential equations or graphs
lmao, is this full pajeet power?

Never underestimate how stupid someone can be. The reason why 64 bit internet explorer up till 10 couldn’t be default browser was because microsoft didn’t want support clogged with those who set it as default and 32 bit extensions like java weren’t working anymore.

And the reason why a lot of software drop support for Linux is, because those retards usually flood 90% of their suppirt tickets while being only 2% of their userbase.

>M$
>telemetry
shocking!

> >paste password into calculator
OK.

Your calculator of all things should not be a security hole

> those retards usually flood 90% of their suppirt tickets
If you don't want to get tickets, just disable them altogether. That way you won't get ANY tickets and everything will be peaceful.

open source datamining

>If you don't want to get tickets, just disable them altogether
Or just stop supporting the 3 retards.

Mine isn't, and if yours is you are a retard, nobody who knows their shit uses windows anymore

What do they use?

GNU+Linux or another Unix-like OS compliant with POSIX such as a BSD flavour

gentoo

Oh so you don't know anything. Figures.

alright, enjoy your spyware calculator I suppose

kys

TFW Linus never cared about security, and it's not a bug/exploit, but Linux is moar secure.

And enjoy your secure distribution that doesn't track you, or use telemetry. It was free afterall.

Those 3 autists help you fix your buggy code, they would even do it for free if you let them go through your botnet code.

You are correct, Linux, the kernel frequently used with GNU systems, is more secure than the kernel of Windows, called NT.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1366x768, 51K)

>Those 3 autists help you fix your buggy code,
Those retards can't even install software, but now they are helping fix it? Fuck off.
Literally a waste of money to even support that os. Maybe take steps to make it eeasier on wine, but directly making software support Linux also is a fucking money pit.

>This project collects usage data and sends it to Microsoft to help improve our products and services. Read our privacy statement to learn more. Telemetry is disabled in development builds by default, and can be enabled with the SEND_TELEMETRY build flag.

Just compile your own without telemetry

>No arguments
Sorry pals, but maybe you should purchase some secure patches from grsecurity.

What's your argument though? All you said was that he didn't know anything simply by saying people who don't want telemetry in their application use free operating systems

oof

Argument was that Linus doesn't care about security, and that you should fuck off, and buy some patches you beta testing retard.

I don't know how to compile software. I shouldn't have to do that to have it not spy on me.

let me guess, you use windows 10

Brainlet here who is getting back into C++.

What does the L in front of the hardcoded strings mean in this function?

fields.AddString(L"Mode", NavCategory::GetFriendlyName(mode)->Data());

>using windows for anything other than gaming

and stay out

it's wchar

stackoverflow.com/questions/1810343/is-a-wide-character-string-literal-starting-with-l-like-lhello-world-guarantee

Is it set to radians? How does it goof up the order of operations this badly?
It must have the same idea of priorities as the scheduler

tfw working at microsoft turned me into this

>they use disgusting macros everywhere for what could be a built in type
>windows level programming

>unironically saying that the best solution is to pretend that there is no problem

Wow, so this is how a windows user sees the world...

you work at Microsoft?

ho do you like it so far?

used to
work for a startup now

it was really cool at first, then reorgs fucked over the project i was working on
then another one

it was pretty much 2years of employment, to which I only had some small bugs on existing apps make it all the way to the outside world

same botnet

Freetards should unironically kill themselves.

Attached: 1549560189277.jpg (590x560, 151K)

Why does a calculator need telemetry? Are wintoddlers seriously going to defend this, instead of admitting that their system, like everything, has flaws?

post the proper full HD version nigger

I'm guessing it's an experiment to gauge the community's reactions. If the fucking calculator has telemetry, the OS, when viewed in its entirety must be insane. But don't worry breh, "group policy".

>tfw switched to Ubuntu a year ago
Thanks to Proton, I haven't looked back.

Shouldnt this be 0

I know telemtry is retarded, but why would people actually do this?

"L" is not a macro.

I believe the actual reason isn't to spy on passwords, as this isn't something they'd need the fucking calculator to do for them they already have the ability to beam that back. The real reason is to analyse peoples usage of the calculator to use AI & big data techniques to understand how to make a better calculator. Essentially users are labrats for a calculator development group.

L is one of those weird C++ operators you can add to obfuscate your code

Are you mentally deficient?

Attached: 20190307185523.png (691x627, 356K)

Kys shill
>but muh gaymes

It would be fucking awesome to automate copy pasting random strings just to fuck with their *azure* data storage..
All jokes aside this is terrible I can only imagine what other telemetry more serious windows applications will contain

wait, I thought Microsoft used NT, like the reg file Windows NT. Or is that something different?

It's because squareroots are approximated.
You start with
x = 1
and then iterate
x = 0.5 * (x + 25/x)
several times.
You will get something very close to 5 but not exactly 5.

NT is the Windows kernel, just like Linux is the GNU kernel

cala-te caralho

huehuehue

No it isn't. I didn't install the telemetry updates.

>I didn't install the telemetry updates.
YOU might not have...

>release source code of calculator on GitHub
lol why

dumb macacoposter

Because nu-Jow Forums are actual fucking retards. Guaranteed they've also pasted their password into twitch chat.

let me post my password on Jow Forums

oh shit it won't let me, based hiromoot

Yeah you have a point, people use password managers here

At least it can do "1+1+1" correctly

From the looks of it they only collect invalid inputs.
Could be they just want to see what unsupported functions people try to do the most.

For example someone might type "3P7" indicating he would like to have a permutation function build in that accepts such an input.

because users never send crash reports

This

>thinking the clipboard doesnt also have telemetry
Forget pasting, just copying your password sends it to Microsoft.