What's the oldest piece of technology you still use?

What's the oldest piece of technology you still use?

Attached: 1527184016766.png (380x349, 70K)

The wheel.

Absolute best version of office to date, still just werks too

Attached: O_97.jpg (480x480, 23K)

A sharp stick

I have kitchen utensils that are probably 40 years old

Define use?
I got a 20 year old router around that has been continually running for the last 18 that I keep around because I want to see how long it will last without going down.

I have always had this by my side next to my bed pretty much as far back as I can remember in the early 90s.

Attached: db2bd01b40c75bfa0e0e01a6b64e2ab5.jpg (1000x1000, 112K)

My toothbrush.

Fire

muh dick.

coins

Fpbp
/thread

Fire by itself is not technology.

he meant the Amazon fire™

Clock

I think my keyboard is from the early 2000's

Cups or cooking pots are older.

Knife is even older.

animal bone

Attached: df7.png (309x276, 122K)

I still use wedges.

Only allmighty Apple would be able to Trademark(TM) The Fire (TM, Trademark reserved by Apple Inc., Palo Alto, CA, USA)

this

well, the oldest piece of software would probably be winamp.

Grandmothers bread bowl

You're mom

Coax from the 70's but fiber just got installed
U will be missed little green copper line.

Psp from 2004

wood that is on fire to cook food

My hands

Clothing, pre-dates fire

My car

My gyrocopter.

Attached: CopyQ.aUUvYF.png (400x298, 93K)

Yo momma

T530

Rocks.

fuck you beat me to it

commodore 64

probably the machine i slapped together for music purposes
used every day
its an AMD K6-2 at 266mhz, 384mb of PC100, geforce MX 420, 2.1gb HDD, turtle beach santa cruz

runs xp, winamp, music over USB

Fire

Marantz receiver from 1979

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

do these things ever die? I have one from the 80s I still use

If it works, it works

Attached: Whywontitbreak.jpg (1280x720, 195K)

Nah but they become increasingly fragile on the inside. Old plastic gets brittle, electrolytic caps need to be replaced. If it has the fun spinning wheel tuner it's literally held together by a long piece of string.

Jesus. Just what kind of people are using Jow Forums

Fucking boomers just wont die of

older electronics will continue to function for a pretty long ass time, but its because the parts inside will function until they outright fail

i have a heathkit hw101 ham radio transceiver (and power supply and speaker to boot) from 1970 that still works
but inside its all original, and a lot of it is going to need to be replaced soon
it still has original orange can capacitors and paper brick flat resistors and shit in there
fuckin toobs mate

and all those parts will continue to do their thing until one of them outright fails, one day a tube is gonna go out or one of those caps is going to straight up burst into flames

same really goes for any non IC based electronic, mostly stuff from 1985 and earlier, inside its surprisingly simple and the shit inside will last a pretty long time, but its gonna go out without warning eventually

hell, ive got a lithium battery from 1989 in an IBM PS/2 Model 30 that has an estimated lifespan of needing to be replaced, as printed on it, in 2089. Supposedly its the same battery thats used in old ICBM's and shit

This technology has been deprecated in the UK

>calls people boomers
>of
underage detected

A Seiko watch from the 70s

knives

WINAMP

IT STILL KICKS THE LLAMAS ASS

WHY is there this belief that old ass amps/speakers are better than modern ones? dont you think they improved it in the past few decades? first of all, you dont have ANY digital inputs at all, so everything is analog

Reality.

Attached: mindblown.gif (220x220, 1.69M)

jack

based

Attached: IMG-20190307-WA0000.jpg (2160x3840, 2.5M)

Sounds like someone doesn't have audiophile ears.

Attached: audiophile.jpg (757x624, 89K)

Unironically my good old 2500k. Bite me.

Decentalized blockchain middle-ware distributed ledger oracle technology

Attached: 1550394748841.jpg (600x600, 213K)

>ledger oracle technology
This sounds like something straight out of elder scrolls.

Attached: 1540496482503.jpg (640x784, 90K)

iPhone X

Nintendo 64 and a VCR.

Trying too hard to be

97 honda

my brain

Stereo amplifier in the living room

(You) for confirmation (check number)

Older than 90% of Jow Forums

Attached: IMG_20190308_131410-min.jpg (3120x4160, 3.43M)

This is where you are wrong cunt. Old hardware lasts longer. They had different quality standards back then, and analog will always piss all over digital. Plus, you can easily connect an old school sound system to a PC through a fucking cable, but sure, enjoy your faggot ass airpods. You probably think they sound really good too.

this
I found a Sansui AU 217II from around 1980 for £20 and it's running my pc sound and music. This thing is fucking amazing, sounds beautiful, a classic.

Attached: sansui.jpg (1024x507, 93K)

based

My old Pentium 3 rig
Pention III 800EB
815E Pro motherboard
4x128MB SDRAM
ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB DDR2
160GB Sata HDD w/ adapter
4 USB PCI card
Ubuntu 18.04

I need a Tuatalin 1.4 GHz

Hydroelectric power

10 year old headphone amp and DAC

1991 Sony MDR-7506
changed cable 3 times since then. Broke by coldness

fpbp

Attached: acute.jpg (756x567, 149K)

XP machine from around 2003.

Regularly use headphones my dad gave me, made ~10+ years before I was born. Oldest is probably a stick or pic.

Attached: Evil On Fire GIF - Find _ Share on GIPHY.gif (440x300, 1.28M)

rock

Attached: rock.png (900x645, 471K)

you are projecting so hard lmao. I dont even like airpods.

Imagine what kind of dumbass youd have to be to believe that old stuff is inherently better. You remind me of those car nuts that think that '69 chevys are the pinnacle of engineering

Still in use nearly daily.

Attached: 31310113-2-440-overview-1.gif (830x467, 112K)

I've seen it on the guts thread

keep up the good work fampai

it's not qaulity standards you dumbass
things were just bigger

DUDE

IBM MODEL M

I with the soviet union lasted just a couple more years so I could see what a soviet gameboy would look like.

Agreed. Love my sansui au-317

I had the exact same at home, but the lcd died. I'm going to get around to resoldering it, hopefully that works. Mine is beige. I also have a GE flip clock that I'm going to fix. In college I use another dream machine with a wood grain finish.

My tape deck is 1987,but I left that at home. In my dorm I regularly use a boombox, CRT TV, T40 thinkpad and a Palm PDA.

Mine's survived being knocked over multiple times over the years it's amazing really. But yeah that's the only picture of the black/grey one I could find, other ones I saw were lighter colored. A downside I guess is the quality of the sound on the radio at max volume.