Any distro hoppers that tried out KDE recently ?

Any distro hoppers that tried out KDE recently ?

I never liked it. But a week ago i decided to give it a try. It's really growing on me. And sure there still are bugs but its in no way like it used to be where it practically brick the os in a couple of days use

Attached: index.jpg (259x194, 5K)

I don't use a DE, but if I did, it would be KDE.

KDE is the best DE if you want the modern feel.
Archiver works inside the file manager, thumbnails, sleek animations.
Gnome is shit.

same, a de only gets in the way, it's so simple to set any command to any key in i3, in a de you have go through heaps of hoops

does dolphin still have that move to removable medium bug
mv doesn't have this problem

Yeah. KDE has gotten so good that the Gnome devs have tripled their efforts to make it impossible to use any DE but theirs.

I use KDE on the lab computers at uni and find it usable. I prefer XFCE, though. Basically the same windows-style GUI but less buggy and less bloated in my experience.

In terms of usability KDE is still the best option even if it is lacking just like the rest.

/thread

KDE4 was trash. Plasma is great

in terms of looks KDE 4 Oxygen > KDE 5 Breeze

>D*bian
Here is your problem.
On OpenSUSE KDE works flawlessly.
Give XFCE and LXQT try, idk, theyre nice

I installed KDE Neon on my GF's Latitude I got her. She absolutely loves it. I handle all the updates and install software for her though. Great power management and driver support out of the box. I also put KDE connect on her phone and she seems to love that when the laptop is hooked to the TV for movies and youtube and stuff.

Attached: 1546526697301.jpg (750x703, 68K)

> >D*bian
> Here is your problem.
It's not, literally crashed once on me in three months and just the Konsole.

if I'm not using windowmaker or FVWM, I'm using KDE. KDE is the nicest and most fully featured DE available. I rarely have problems with it and it is more customizable than Cinnamon/Mate.

It's pronounced Quinn.

Attached: 1518206971445.png (355x143, 13K)

Damn

Right-click: send to? I never have trouble sending things to my luks container using this.

>distro hopping
You can install KDE on pretty much any Unixy type OS with a single command, do people really reinstall their whole OS just to try out some desktop or another?

I like Deepin DE more

>chinked gnome
yikes

currently on neon, not sure if kubuntu ever got their shit together, debian's plasma packages are fine though

Neon is better than kubuntu anyway

This but unironically.
I wonder how much had to be done to have IBM make GNOME the "official" linux desktop environment going forward. sad.

I really dislike plasma, but every KF5 application is better than their gnome counterpart. Shit, dolphin and okular are really good.
Plasma design choices and overall consistency is just sad tho.

IMO the best de for power users besides xfce.
Install kde neon user edition if you want the full suckless experience.

Install gentoo with kde not niggeron.

>On OpenSUSE KDE works flawlessly.

Unless you need to use a network printer.

erm I don't think the suckless guys would like KDE too much

KDE and XFCE are the only thing worth using.

Attached: 1550411447147.jpg (378x396, 14K)

KDE really could have some better design, but overall it shits on GNOME.

Using Kubuntu 18.10 for a month or so, works okay, still feels flawed sometimes but not retarded like GNOME.

Works on my machine, unironically. Use YaST for this purpose.
What distro? Never happened to me in 1 year.

This. This is also why nobody needed to fork them.

Attached: desktops.png (3120x1520, 202K)

XFCE4 dates back 2004!!

Just don't spin the cube too fast.
They can't handle excessive rotational velocidensity.

Attached: Screenshot_20190208_080149.png (1680x1050, 1.37M)

Kde neon looked cool until distro upgrade failed on both my machines because of ppa's or whatever. And they were also slow in getting to that upgrade (I mean, it's not like they arent saying it, it's a distro just for kde stuff, everything else doesnt get first citizen treatment), so kubuntu should be the right choice if one wants to stay with ubuntu derivatives. But I didn't want to, so
I switched to manjaro kde and never looked back. Best experience so far.

KDE Neon is always on Ubuntu LTS, so the upgrade only comes every two years. I also believe you're supposed to purge the PPAs first before upgrading.

Yes it said to purge ppas, and it also said that it will probably fail and that I should reinstall altogether if I remember correctly.
Manjaro doesnt have this problem (so far)

I got raped by that Manjaro update shit that happened a month ago. It was an easy fix apparently, but I took the opportunity to install Arch. KDE is rock solid on both for me, while Ubuntu based ones have had occasional crashes. I'm gonna try Kubuntu on my laptop in a few. I tried pop OS on it to see what the fuss was about, but loli haet GNOME.

Attached: 1537076322194.gif (444x250, 3.87M)

>Kde neon looked cool until distro upgrade failed on both my machines because of ppa's or whatever.
So it was your fault? Good job