HDMI

Do I need high quality cable to experience my blu ray at maximum capacity?

Attached: 1551975499905.png (1089x755, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wireworldcable.com/hdmi-2.0-cables.html
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sure why not.

>4.8 stars
a couple people dropped $1000 on a cable and were still dissatisfied

unironically there are differences in HDMI cables. i had a cheap shit HDMI cable and i couldn't get my PS4 to output 4k to my 4k tv until I swapped it with the HDMI cable that shipped with the PS4Pro.

There's a gray area. nobody needs to pay $1000 for an HDMI cable but anyone who says you can buy the absolute cheapeast bottom of the barrel shit cable and get the same results is unequivocably wrong

Nah, you're just dumb and think your faulty cable is representative of anything wider. I use the cheapest, shittiest HDMI cables there are that I've been using for as long as I can remember to connect my PS4 Pro and PC to my OLED and there are zero issues. The single and only exception to the rule about buying cheap cables if you need one that's significantly longer than average, where cheap cables often struggle with drop-outs. But HDMI cables either work or they don't. People who think you can get a better image through a more expensive cable are fucking retards. Tech-illiterate ones at that.

>cat 5 cable does the same thing as a cat 7 cable
>it's all the same anyway
yes of course to an extent its the same, because there exist bottlenecking issues. but there can come a time that your cable is the bottleneck and it needs to be upgraded.

there _are_ differences, regardless of how you try to argue it. The same goes for HDMI.

I need to take load for it, do you think its worth it?

>HDMI cables either work or they don't
here's how we know you're just a consumer and nothing more. you don't know shit, Chad.

What you had was an outdated HDMI cable. There are small increments at which the HDMI design updates, and people don't stop selling older cables when the new ones roll out.

The cable's rating is really all that matters, as long as you're not buying some back alley product that's so cheap it should be raising questions. Everything on the market should be capable of a standard bluray output to a typical TV (1080p at 4:2:0). For 4K and/or higher pixel bit depth you should head over to a wikpedia article for HDMI standards/ratings and check that a cable you want to buy is rated for what you need i.e. 1.4b, 2.0, etc.

With that said cheaper cables can be low quality to the point where the connector might screw up when moved just a bit, or the cabling might not last a couple years of being coiled/moved around several times.

Within reason. I've bought cheap shit Chinese cables before and they got super hot/burnt out. They were very thin cables. Then out of desperation, I ended up going to nearest Best Buy and spending $30 on a single 10ft cable made by Monster. Cable was THICC, braided, nice connectors. Memes and overall rip off price aside, the cable has lasted me to this day, some 4 years now.

This isn't to say you should buy meme brands but quality does matter.

yes, which means that there exist differences in HDMI cables. same can be said about DP. I understand perfectly well what that cable is. My point is merely that there exist differences in cable quality, be it design iteration or bottlenecking due to cable gauge

And it's nobodies job but yours to figure out what the cable you're about to buy is capable of.

again, no shit. tell that to the person claiming that literally all cables are made equal.

>$1,000 for a fucking HDMI cable
That's almost what I earn in a month

I hope you live in a shithole country cause that quite low

Attached: 1551919294334.jpg (1200x1366, 110K)

Is that in pesos?

What is part-time?

Anything digital = either WORK or DO NOT WORK.

There is no in between image quality reduction.

rather buy wireworld
radius or sphere
wireworldcable.com/hdmi-2.0-cables.html

I hope the cost of living where you live is cheap

>my blu ray
Still using removable media?