Hello Jow Forums

Hello Jow Forums,
Any recommendation on printers that don't die of planned obsolescence?

Attached: c02859088.png (573x430, 208K)

I can not recommend any printers. Stick to the digital realm.

B/W laser is the best value and reliability. I have a $100 Samsung laser printer from 2014 with the original toner cartridge in it, and it just werks every time. Granted, I only print maybe 100 pages a year, but before I got this I was having to buy a new inkjet printer at least every three years, and new $30 ink at least yearly. Plus inkjet is slow as fuck and jams like an asshole for no reason.

So a laser printer is something I should be looking for, Samsung the only good brand?

To add to this does anyone have info on what ink printers are good for refillable chips? Any links?

Pic related is also a solid choice. Found one on the street but you can find it for under 80. The toner can also last for a couple of years worth of daily printing.

The only downside is that you may or may not have to depend on wired printing.

Attached: Canon-imageCLASS-LBP-6030w-Wireless-SDL454000782-1-d4422.jpg (850x995, 40K)

Brother laser printer. On the rare occasions you need color printing you can just go to staples/fedex/ups

Oh and whatever you do, don't buy HP

Thoughts on those "ecotank" (and other such) printers?

I haven't printed on paper in years. I just scan things I need to scan and things I need to print, I just print to PDF and email everything.

Buy two printers, set up one and keep the other for parts.

dot-matrix or a pen plotter

Buy cheap cartridges on AliExpress.

I have a Dell 1815DN that keeps trucking. It's an old MFP. Scans to USB all that. I'm not sure if the newer machines even have a better scanner. I've seen some other Dell models that are newer that tend to be cheap on third party toner similar to this one. I'd likely go with a Dell or Brother personally.

No, Samsung is just what I happened to pick up. Brother and Canon lasers are nice too. Also, do note that USB printing is far, far more reliable than networked printing. Just something to keep in mind.

brother's HL line. the different model numbers are combinations of scanner/copier features and various wireless/networking features. brother also has a bash script somewhere that does all the drivers and shit for linux, and drivers for almost all the HL models are on the AUR

I have an HL-L2380DW. it has lasted me through 5 years of printing 30+ pages of text per week, 50 or so targets (large amount of black space) per week, and the occasional "special" prints on non-letter paper. i think i've changed the toner two or three times, with the generic knockoff ebay 3-pack of toners. i haven't had to change the drum yet but probably will soon

Ayy, HL-2370DW bro here. I bought mine for $54.99 on Prime Day a few years back and have only changed the toner once. Never once had any problems with features or jams or anything.

Refurbished or just outright used business printers. I currently work in a warehouse -- our all-in-one business printer (Ricoh MP201SPF) has been with us since our department opened in 2007 or so. It withstands extremely heavy use and is constantly covered in shitloads of metal particles and dust, some of which has caked on at this point. It's not pretty, but it pretty much never fails.

samsung scx-4300 worked pretty ok for me though its starts to crap out more frequently when i use cheapest paper

My dad constantly runs out of ink for his hp envy 4520. Thinking of getting him an espon supertank or similar (the 2750). Anyone have experience with them?

Try wood blocks, and charcoal ink dickhead.

My Dell LaserJet has lasted at least 5 years without issues and ink is stupidly cheap (high yield black, pink, cyan, and magenta for like £15 total).

I recently had to fuck around with my printer's firmware because some automatic update caused the printer to suddenly reject my knock off inc cartridges. Fuck them. I got it to work again though.

Any printer does Jow Forums recommend?
>Laserjet
>Wireless printing support
>GNU/Linux compatible
>Duplex printing

Attached: 55thPrizeFair-Figure-Event-2019-54.jpg (1472x2208, 434K)

did u read this thread

> >Laserjet
LaserJet is HP registered trademark, and modern HP printers are trash. Thank you and dog bless.

Yeah, brother seem to be recommended, but none mentioned the other things like the wireless printing and GNU/Linux compatibility.
>Laserjet
Oh, so laser printers?

Can skmeone pls reccomend cheap color laser printer?

get a brother laser printer. superior nipponese craftmanship folded over 2000 times

Attached: brother_hl_l2300d_monochrome_laser_printer_1080909.jpg (2000x2000, 167K)

try reading this post:

Been using that one for 2-3 years now and it is pretty good and durable

The more enterprise-y up-front cost Epson / Brother tend to be quite good.

It's not giving you an immortal printer, but they should be "reasonable" in terms of life span and maintenance required.

dont buy this pice of shit printer in your picture op. this printer is the most fucked up of all of them. i sadly bought one and hate every minute of it. dont buy hp technology in general. cant think of a single good experience with products of them

color dot maxtrix printer
i also have this cannon mp480 series inkjet from 10 years ago ans it still works

Why not hp? I'm actually a store manager at a staples and I've heard they're shit but dont know why. I just assumed all inkjets suck.

kodak

>laserjet
>ink

pick one retard

Buy a 2nd hand office laser printer.
I got one for $50 including 3 toners.