C# or Java?

C# or Java?

Attached: 27_c-sharp-logo-filled.png (1600x1600, 23K)

Java powers Google, Netflix, Twitter, Instagram, Uber, Spotify, eBay, and LinkedIn
C# powers Stack Overflow

you be the judge

java all the way

Attached: 1540505386721.jpg (4981x3508, 2.55M)

>with more than 1100 members in a single classroom
imagine the smell

If you have a choice, C#.

Java

but isn't C# limited to wincuck

Nope. You can run it on Windows, GNU/Linux, musl linux, macos, iOS, android, smart TV and gaymen consoles

>Java powers literal cancer
>C# powers autism
>you be the judge
What did she mean by this?

C++ or fuck off.

OP here, "learned" it but want to try a "pure" OOP language

>Durga Soft
Thanks for the laugh.

>"pure" OOP language
Distilled cancer.

C# has a unified type system so it is easier to handle and syntax sugar makes its OO parts tolerable. If you want idiomatic OO, use smalltalk.

But VS is the only good C# IDE so you're locked into windows as a dev.

C#
java will make you wish for a painful suicide inevitably

C# is pure comfiness

J#

The .NET-Framework is only useable on Windows. They released .NET-Core for all Platforms but it is, at the moment, not as good as the .NET-Framework (less functionality etc. etc.). They also have a .NET Version for Linux which is called Mono, but this has stopped since .NET-Core i think and it only supports some libaries of the .NET-Framework.

GNU/Linux users are used to having lower standards so VSCode, IntelliJ and any text editor with omnisharp support work just fine. I personally prefer VSCode for ASP Core and vim for personal projects.

F#

.NET Core currently has more functionality and better tooling than .NET framework. Are you living under a rock?

Still some old stuff missing in .NET Core. However .NET Core 3.0 is adding support for WPF, WinForms and EF6. After that I'm not sure if there's anything more big missing.

>.net core on linux is comfy
>good old winform if you need it
>mobile development (although xmarin still sucks)
>BANNERLORD
yep.

If you know java you basically know c#
if you know c# you basically know java

C# is gaining a lot of traction though due to Mono and how it can be used as "scripting" language in likes of Unity3D and

C# it is

What do I need to install to dev dotnet core on linux? The dotnet sdk and any text editor?

unironically C#

If I had any say, .NET Core 4.0 should add a Linux GUI library, even if it's "just" WinForms tier. Call it LinForms.

WinForms is kinda comfy.

I remember a few years ago when \G\ was all about java and choosing c# would lead to unemployment and street shitting. How the turntables.
Of course I didn't listen to Jow Forums, and chose c# anyway and damn if it isn't one of the most comfy languages known to man. And it does everything.

If you're already familiar to Java, stay on Java.
If you're already familiar to C#, stay on C#.
If you're still in college/uni, I'm pretty sure ur dumb AF at both, so find a job first. They'll teach you and you'll decide all by yourself.

Programming language is just a tool. The skill is the point.

both.

durga and softpilled

It's an unwritten rule that us employed C# devs do not want pajeets running around shitting up our code base. Please refrain from shilling C#, as its a terrible language that will lead to unemployment and street shitting. It doesn't do anyone any good, so please stop it.

Thanks,
Raji

Kek

>Java powers Google, Netflix, Twitter, Instagram, Uber, Spotify, eBay, and LinkedIn
all of those are slow

Java costs money for the Language itself, but for servers it‘s easy.
C# is free, but the server licensig is expensive.

tl; dr: both languages are dying, use Python, C++ or JavaScript (depending on your task)

why are there so many disgusting pakis in tech?

Every time I search up a problem I'm having, one of these street shitters pops up with their shitty curry accent. And it just triggers me because they really do smell like rancid BO. Like how can you listen to advice about technology from someone who smells and looks dirty?

> please use shit dynamic scripting languages or a kitchen sink without garbage collection

Nah, just use .NET Core, user.

Just checking this
Also, C# is the shit

Well, if they want to go full circle they should introduce cross platform gui support. It has been discussed but not sure it is that high priority since web exists. I guess we'll see in a year or two.

No one said it would lead to unemployment, you got it all wrong. We said, and maintain, that C#/.NET dev jobs are tomorrow's $10p/h data entry jobs. It will be as easy as dragging and dropping some items and pressing buttons in Visual Studio. Actually, your coding knowledge won't even be useful anymore, but your knowledge of Visual Studio's workings and your ability to import libraries will be useful. How valuable though? Well, about $10p/h

thats not going to happen because the one big reason behind .net core being introduced as a new, x-plat thing is that clients really wanted the choice to run their .NET web applications on linux boxes.

WPF is mostly being ported to Core so that new WPF applications being made for internal business tools don't force you to use the old .NET framework.

There is no business case for spending such a huge amount of time making an x-plat desktop gui library because no one actually cares about that kind of thing other than linux hobbyists.

There are third-party open source libraries like Avalonia that let you make linux gui applications afaik, they just don't have the msft stamp on them.

I don't disagree.

whichever gives you a job where you live.also stop asking this drolling retards for advice.

Java. JVM is based and redpilled and C# is cucked and microshilled

VS Code or any editor will work fine stop whining and relying on IDE features to make your decisions, if you really need an IDE use Mono on linux

lmfao .NET core lacks libraries like a motherfucker.

The ONLY reason to go for .NET WAS C# itself but since you can use Kotlin (which is 10x better than C#) as well. There is literally no point in .Net Core.

kotlin is dead lmao