RAM PRICES ARE CRASHING ITS HAPPENING

eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1334411#

>Contract prices for PC DRAM are on pace to decline by 30% in the first quarter, the steepest decline in a single quarter since 2011, according to DRAMeXchange, a market research firm that tracks memory chip prices.
DRAM inventory levels have continued to decline since the fourth quarter of last year, with most DRAM suppliers now holding about six weeks worth of inventory, DRAMeXchange said. At the same time, the firm said that a shortage of low-end Intel PC processors is expected to continue until the third quarter, impacting the ability of PC OEMs to burn off DRAM inventory levels as a result.

>“The overall market has thus entered freefall, meaning that large reductions in prices aren’t going to be effective in driving sales,” DRAMeXchange said in a statement. “The excessively high inventory will continue to cause down-corrections in prices this year if demand doesn’t make a strong comeback.”

>Ryzen 3 on the horizon
>Ram prices are finally crashing
>SSD prices are now dirt cheap

Other than the jews at Nvidia, cheap PC builds are finally back. Will you be upgrading?

Attached: ss+(2019-03-08+at+04.57.10).png (904x638, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1660-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1070/4037vs3609
youtu.be/BcL5kbLFBdA
logicalincrements.com/
pcpartpicker.com,
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the RAM i need is still about $70 so not really

i've been downloading ram for years

But i already have 256gb of ram.

>contract prices
That's another term for higher profit margins.

Good. Almost bought some the other day but I heard this was coming.

>he doesn't just download all his RAM

Yes 2019 looks like a great year to build a PC. Even Nvidia is feeling the burn, and you can find pretty big deals on 2070/2080 cards since no one is buying them. Ryzen is the only thing i think is worth waiting for, if's it's not as great as it sounds, then i'm just gonna get a last gen I7.
No matter what side you like, it's shaping up to be a good year.

>_sample
Why do people do this instead of saving the full image.

TL DR

So when can I buy them? First quarter starts when?

>and you can find pretty big deals on 2070/2080 cards since no one is buying them
Where are these deals? I can't see anything on the nvidia site.

>the city of hardware m*nufacturers
For once; "JUST WAIT BRO" was accurate; just wait for the latest gen hardware to go on clearance because the m*nufactuers overplayed and no one bought. I'll actually buy a 2080 Ti, when its price is down to what MSRP should've been at launch.

Attached: 1550959794105.png (671x1035, 203K)

Nvidia is not in any pressure to lower prices since the competition is shit, same with DRAM since it's controlled by an oligopoly that was already sued for price-fixing several times.

the competition is offering exactly the same performance at every price point just like it's been for the past 15 years but retards like you only buy nvidia

why would I care, I just pirate all mine

and i just bought $80 worth of RAM
fuck.

Yeah no

yeah
you are unfortunately retarded

based

Attached: 1551966399240_0.jpg (846x1200, 138K)

>competition is the same
yeah no

>buy amd gwrafix card
>turn it on
>WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE -smoke exits case-

>buy nvidia gwrafix card
>turn it on
>it works

Inb4 retail absorbs the drop

Nice argument, ATI card perform worse than Nvidia in any benchmark still. Not even talking about their lack of interest in providing acceptable driver software.

Tell me when they catch up and I will switch in a heartbeat.

That's not the case anymore. If anything, it reversed.

>upgrading
no thanks I just buy a replacement pc when the time comes to upgrade. much easier

The question is, should I buy now or will it keep crashing until I can buy Ryzen 3?

Also, what can of RAM should I buy for fucking Ryzens, these fuckers don't like a lot of RAM sticks, apparently

Attached: D0edubqU4AAphpV.jpg orig.jpg (1000x1000, 88K)

I recently downloaded a 14.88 teraflop torrent file of VF(Very Fast)DRAM from china, installing on my iPad now. Gonna be amazing, bros.

Attached: 1551902003558.jpg (640x640, 63K)

last time I checked it was nvidia cards that caught on fire

Attached: 86enyeyqce6y[1].png (1280x720, 1.14M)

I unironically still have a 970 because
A. I couldn't give a single soft shit about that 512 mbs of fake ram
B. It still runs modern games on high
C. It uses up VASTLY less wattage than other graphics cards.

to mess with you in particular

Thank god, I really need to bump up another 16gigs but prices just went fucking crazy just after the last time I upgraded.

this user gets it, only a tard buys ram at the store

m8, that card is barely one generation old and an enthusiast product. It still holds up fine.

all i'm missing is a nu gpu
why the fuck don't those prices drop yet
fuck you bitcoins

...that was the entire point of my post, user.

The anatomy in this is fucking horrendous. They both have individual tits that are smaller than the ones farther away from the view, the left one's torso is gigantic compared to her bottom half, the right one's bottom half is just completely disjointed, and don't get me started on that armpit.

at twice the TDP*

>still have a 970
"Still" would be at least a 7 years old card, no one should update sooner.

Didn't nvidia just release what s essentially their best card, with the foggoty raytracing removed for $300~?

It's only detrimental to the person who saved it since they obviously wanted the image.

i dont know if you realize this but most people only buy a gpu every 4-5 years

>RX 580 $200
>Vega 56 $350
>Comes with games

Prices are not bad right now.

Nope, the 1660 Ti is somehow worse than a 1070.

yeah but why do you care so much about other people? let them have compressed images or waste money or whatever

>hurr my barely a year old $350 enthusiast GPU works great

no shit? if you were trying to make a joke or a sarcastic comment you missed the mark.

>buy cheap component
>never gets update patches
>constant issues with games release after component
>not even any troubleshooting online for component.

wew!

I hope this is true because I am going to build a new pc in a couple of months and I was just looking up RAM and 32 would cost me +$300

Attached: 1487931548317.png (155x155, 54K)

Fucking FINALLY

It objectively is not

I know. My 390X is still a beast.

well I do need to download more RAM

This is a public forum, it's made for discussing with other people. I personally don't think asking such a simple question is "much" in this context. The desire to understand other people is not very rare in my experience. Case in point, your own post.

>let
I'm not preventing anything and am not the authority anyway. Not sure what you're on about.

um. i just got 16gigs ddr 4

It objectively is.
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1660-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1070/4037vs3609

>add +590 and Ti to the name
>still somehow worse than the 3 years old non-Ti card
What the fuck is nvidia doing?

It objectively depends.

Attached: 1660ti vs 1070.png (1324x1444, 87K)

60 is lower than 70 user

>RAM I needed is 80 bucks
>check now
>it's 50
hot damn.

youtu.be/BcL5kbLFBdA

i'm from chile and the best thing we got for new tech is PCfactory, order it from a different region or from USA
faggot raytracing rtx2060 costs 525usd and the next best thing on stock is the 1060 6gb at 434usd, same as RX580
shit is rough

More like this

This. AMD gives you 3 free games

i still have a ddr3 mobo lmao

same :(

Ok where is my 1660Ti equivalent from AMD?

And no it's not fucking Vega 56, that's 2060 range

Too bad none of the amd drivers work for those games. xD

I got 3 free ones with my nvidia card too, faggot.

>BFV
>Anthem
Metro Exodus is the only saving grace there.

Just in time, hope it doesn't rise back in may.

core upgrade? i went ryzen 7 7800

I'm not gonna say that you're wrong, because you aren't, but it's still 3 free games.

I didn't open the picture, but I assumed you meant that they were slightly different sizes and was going to laugh at your virgin ass... but jesus christ that is some extreme cup difference. I mean it does happen rarely in real life, but is this his fucking fetish? And is there more?

Are RTX2060 worth it? I currently have a 970

Anyone have that Tortanic forum post of a dude who bought a Best Buy or something computer and the game wouldn't run?

Check solotodo bro, 1660 ti is already here at a modest price of ~280k I think.

My 970 died in December, and I just bought a RTX 2060.
It seems to be the most sensible upgrade path, really, as far as price X performance X features go.

I got 1.5k to drop on a computer, but only own a mouse. Should I save up more money?

>aiming for 1080p 60fps and only care for 1 or 2 AAAs a year
>1060 6gb, 7600k, 16gb ddr4
>fine with playing on medium
I don't think I'll upgrade before Zen4/Gundamlake and ZTX 4000 series

What kind of experience are you looking for?
1080p 60 fps, 1080p 144fps,1440p 60 fps or 1440p 144fps?
Anyhow, logicalincrements.com/

Ah, my oldest and most vile enemy. Choices. Do prices drop on black friday/cyber monday, or are they now full meme sales?

the only thing that matters is VRAM

I'm not from the US, but from what I see online by that time of the year, it does seem like the prices on places like Amazon and newegg do drop.
If you'd like to monitor the prices, you can keep an eye on pcpartpicker.com, since they tend to have up to date prices of parts.
Without knowing what you are looking for, I'd recommend something with eithar a RTX 2060 or a GTX 1660 ti, coupled with either a i7-8700k or i7-9700k.
I could recommend a Ryzen 2700X, but since it absolutely needs good ram, its platform cost is probably not that much cheaper than the Intel equivalent.

Faggot ass mods moving this thread to g

>tfw bought 970 on release day, then a used 980ti, used 1070ti and now i'm on a used 1080ti

Thanks for everything.

>Talking about a system that plays video games is not video games according to this mod
Oh come the fuck on.

So is the B-die stuff gonna drop too, or will this just mean that no-name DDR4-2133 goes from $50 to $45?

Attached: 1550152990088.png (212x257, 98K)

>paying for RAM when you can download it for free
LMAO

Mods would rather want ecelebs threads, or let shitposters ruin the few actual vidya threads that spawns from time to time

Do we know what RAM speeds Ryzen 3k supports yet?

oh boy frens i cant wait to buy a laptop with amd apu and cheap ram

Attached: 1550316517612.gif (840x488, 511K)

I assume all RAM? I was looking at Corsair DDR4 3000MHz prices on Amazon sometime before Christmas and the prices have gone form like £130+ to £90-£100.

This
It's down about 20% from what it was two years ago. Even 3200 cl14 is dropping in price although that's still twice as much as cl16/ and 2933cl15 stuff.

So, those Gskill Aegis RAM sticks are the go-to RAM for Ryzen? I'm fine with it. I'll pick two of them.

Attached: 18901b9f04f0a0f9c85b98c55111fc0491f4a607.png (1062x1500, 1.5M)

Ryzen 3 will perform worse than Intel CPUs.
It'll perform on par when coupled with very high frequency DDR5

allready got a pc with amd apu, best invention.

Attached: 1547167665463.jpg (718x1024, 110K)

WOOOO TIME TO SELL MY RAM

BUY HIGH SELL LOW

v-color from taiwan are dirt cheap but performs fucking well and durable.

Though it's rgb

>Though it's rgb
Honestly one of the best "rgb" in rgbs if you ever consider one

???

Still $one forty for my RAM. No drop yet homeslice

Decent 16GB DDR4 3200MHz ram is indeed still at 140$. Looking to buy it too.

Attached: 1547101423689.jpg (400x365, 17K)