If you own an Intel, do you plan to disable Hyper-Threading?

If you own an Intel, do you plan to disable Hyper-Threading?

Theo de Radt has said that it is highly insecure, and, although I'm a security brainlet, I have read that most of the Intel vulnerabilities can be fixed by disabling it. What do you think, Jow Forums?

Attached: 1366_2000.jpg (1366x767, 101K)

>Theo de Radt
*Theo de Raadt

If anyone cared about security they would not connect to any network. Maybe temple OS is for you if that's the case.

Otherwise stop watching Mr robot and go outside sometime, you might actually learn that people view technology as a means to an end instead of a substitute for a personality.

Holy shit, are you actually retarded.

There is no security issues for home users. It's just a meme pushed by AMDrones

t. have 8700k since release and haven't changed anything while getting the same performance

>There is no security issues for home users
Is this why you can now only have HT on a $500 CPU?

>If you own an Intel
>in 2019
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The issue is with running untrusted code.

Hurts virtualization the most since your users can break out of the hypervisor protecting your host OS if they are allowed to run scripts/exes on their virtual session.

In theory javascript is vulnerable, but only if your browser is stupid.

It's pretty much impossible to buy an AMD/ARM laptop.

No, I don't care.

Literally who said what now?

I'd rather wait a couple years and buy a CPU thanks.

The i5-2500k does not have this problem

>Being rich
>in 2019
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>javascript is vulnerable

If you run a 64bit instance wouldn't it be impossible to.achieve anything with all those Intel vulnerabilities? You have to guess random address spaces which not only will take a very long time due to 64bit but worse if the user has a single other process running it will randomize the address spaces even more making it even more time consuming?

So as long as you don't keep a website with active javascript running for multiple hours it doesn't matter does it?

Doesn't this shit go all the way down to the earliest Core architecture?

i5s for most of the core generations were not hyper-threaded. I know my 4670k wasn't.

i just got my first cpu with hyper threading today. what are you talking about??

>tfw so based and redpilled that I have hyperthreading enabled on all 842 cores in my data center

dab

Attached: 1547360247791.jpg (640x363, 35K)

>based and malwarepilled

>owning an intel after years of fuckups, broken promises, overpriced garbage, manipulated benchmarks, bugs, errors, backdoors, and other bullshit
Why

How about i just not install malware and not plug random usb drives i find into my computer?

You realise a flaw that goes all the way back to core2duo in 2006 was found the other day and its unfixable

Unless you willing to use a pentium4 or 3500+ atherlon xp I wouldn't worry about this hardware backdoor shit and just learn more about software

And ya this makes everyone's thinkpads pointless lol

More than 1core is still pointless for like 99% of even power users unless you are literal youtuber

Ht/multicore is pointless crap they try to pretend help multitasking when it doesn't it exists only for benchmarks

Sli is more sensible than buying a high core count CPU

>only if your browser is stupid.
How can a browser protect my machine from spoiler?

No options for ayymd laptops

java
script

>literally who?

for real. glowies out in large numbers today

i dare you to try and watch a 720p
video on youtube with 1 core

Because spoiler shouldn't even be called spoiler since it's another interaction of Spectre and it uses the same attack vector.
And browsers have already tuned their JavaScript engines to make virtually impossible to actually execute it via malicious script

If a mosquito bites your arm you can flex until it pops

Which deezloader program implemented captcha?

there are a lot of ryzen laptops, and they are cheaper than intel+nvidia

Attached: Clipboard01.jpg (1710x908, 177K)

So you don't know who Theo de Raadt is. Get out of my board, please.

>this is how pozzed people cope