Andrew Yang

This nigga is planning to tax Silicon Valley if he makes it into the White House in 2020. This means big Tech like Google or Gaypple will pay taxes to fund universal basic income.

How does this make you feel, Jow Forums?

Attached: https___cdn.evbuc.com_images_57173159_251525470217_1_original.jpg (1000x500, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AwIYHwbojQo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good, the alternative is riots by the biggest gun wielding demographic of america. You can't just make men jobless without compensation even if they waste it getting black out drunk. The most dangerous thing is a man's idle hand, because it's quickly used for violence. Able men need to be put to work or distracted.

I oppose the universal basic income idea, but I support big tech (and all other corporations) to pay their fair of taxes.

He said it's inclusive of (some?) existing welfare and social programs. So it'll really benefit the working age middle class the most.

I would just quit my job and live off neetbucks.

I really want to support him for president, but some of his ideas are really whack. I don't understand the point of universal basic incomes. We do need to become a little more collectivist or at least family/community-oriented, but this would only increase federal spending which is already out of control due to failing welfare/social programs like social security, not to mention medicare, medicaid, really our healthcare industry just needs a complete overhaul.

Since Trump is pulling a 180 on immigration America is going to become an open border circus then I might as well get some fucking bread while I'm here, give me my neetbux /csg/-man.

I understand UBI but he's not promoting UBI, he's promoting a new kind of welfare scheme. Also realize he needs to get congress to approve his 2 Trillion worth of gibs, and Trump can't even get shekels for a fence out of congress so good luck. Obama couldn't get fuck all from congress either. Yang is also totally open borders, so maximum offshoring of jobs will occur and you'll be living off $12k per year.

why not just pay the rent of employed people to take that burden off their shoulders and make it easier for people to find jobs in far away places?

The Pentagon spent 8 million dollars on gender reassignment surgery last year, and Israel just got $38 billion in aid. Don't look at it as universal basic income, look at it as getting your piece of the pie.

same.

>promoting a new kind of welfare scheme
That needs a complete overhaul too

I disagree with all of those expenses

Our government is such a joke

UBI for 25% of the population would cost a trillion dollars per year and that's assuming we clamp down on immigration and California and similar states don't give gibs to illegals. That and yang plans to keep social security afaik so the money isn't going to last.

>the alternative is riots by the biggest gun wielding demographic of america.
[...] biggest gun wielding demographic of World*

Tech companies should be liable, & prevent a Civil War.
NEETbucks isn't the solution that Tech Elites wanted, but it's the solution that America needs.

Unemployed Truck drivers would start to shoot down automous Trucks, Block Roads & destoy infrastructure.
Truckers' unrest could turn America quickly into Madmax / "Zombie" apocalypse scenario.

Attached: Yang 1551829014970.png (1200x919, 1.4M)

Yang is Asian so I trust his math over yours.

Has UBI ever worked?
Every comprehensive study I found, showed ppl just stopped working as much.
Everyone got lazy and tried to just live off the 1K a month without working.

There's a form of UBI in Alaska and it works fine.

i want neet bucks so fucking bad

Attached: images.jpg (205x246, 8K)

Give me my neetbux apple

Try 2 trillion at the minimum
That's assuming as you wrote, that illegals and new immigrants aren't included.

But we all know the DNC would never allow any 'privileged' white men to collect gibs, if Yang gets in a 2+ T in gibs is up for offers, they will insist certain other demographics get it first because current year.

There isn't enough automation yet either to support it too, Yang would need to completely open the US to offshore companies to speculate and automate up a storm.

>Is America Ready for Universal Basic Income
No.

>Yang is also totally open borders
No he's not. The DSA or whatever is open borders. He's talked about enforcing border security and integrating the DACA kids and students extensively. He's basically just Obama on border security.

ubi in alaska isnt enought to live on

The reason he offers UBI as a soln. is because he suspects people will be not working whether there is a UBI or not, due to automation of labor. Mass unemployment with UBI is likely better than mass unemployment without it

>planning to tax Silicon Valley
praise the lord!

>extra + $1000/month
>bad thing

Attached: Electrical Eng. brainlet.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

It's basic math unless you are a an actual retard.

$1000 per person a month * 352 million people * 0.25 * 12 months = 969 billion ~ 1 trillion per year

Attached: .png (590x302, 41K)

no i meant that i need neetbucks because im a dumb ass, any job i can do well will get automated

Oh no,
If you're handing out UBI gibs you absolutely need to import foreign workers in order to have them pay into the pot, this is exactly what Germany decided for their pension scheme when they allowed in 2+million African and Middle East migrants. Remember UBI is entirely a Libertarian scheme, which means open borders.

>ubi in alaska isnt enought to live on
neither is $12k a year. It's more of a suppliment to current income and a replacement for other welfare programs.

It doesn't have any impact on job searching IIRC. That has both good and bad implications. On one hand the lazy ones didn't find jobs as usual, and the ones who did still kept looking or working as usual. Basically, no one's going to really change and I'm willing to bet once we get it going nothing will change because people live their lives based on a trajectory. if you suddenly get $1000 EXTRA then most people won't respond by working less to lose that $1000, to return to effectively net 0. They're going to keep working the same schedule and they're also going to live a lifestyle that has $1000 more.

why are you multiplying by .25

it's way too early for UBI. Maybe after several more waves of AI powered automation.

352 million x 1000 = three hundred fifty-two billion
352 bln x 12 months = 4+trillion son

Yeah, but are you Asian? If not, your word is worth less than his when it comes to math, sorry bro.

12k is enough to live on. lots of people do. But I would still work because i dont want to be poor

Yes let's tax the companies that have made America a technological powerhouse let's tax the companies that makes other countries reliant on FANG, let's tax the companies that provide jobs to millions of people. How about you think just a bit more before spewing your garbage onto this site.

Because in my post I said 25% of the population. I don't how many people here actually plans to give UBI to but I assumed it wouldn't be everybody. 25% just rounds to a cool trillion so I went with that.

I wonder what the maximum income is before you end up paying more in VAT/Consumption/Income tax under this Andrew Yang scheme than you get through the mail

Automation has not caused any meaningful unemployment over the past 200 years.
I work in aerospace and we have automation up the ass and it helps us, not hurts.
I work alongside CNC robots all day.
My entire building is setup to move HUGE wing parts around as we work.

Unless ur job is 100% monkey work(fast food ex), ur good.

Until Yang's term is up and the next POTUS just deletes the gibs. Relying on the government for your livelihood is a mistake

^This and make it cryptocurrency

To pay for what? The military? Lol

what is the percentage of "fair share"?
Is it 20% 50% 100%? When should it apply?

Due to Intel security holes Intel powered AI would be pretty unsafe.
China & Russia would be able to easily hack and crash AI automous vehicles.

Attached: intel dead inside.png (379x379, 69K)

>Yeah let's not tax them and have them just shit up the country by importing poojeets with absolutely no consequences on their end.

Attached: dumb wojak pc.png (820x729, 106K)

Well, Amazon is currently paying no taxes so literally anything would be a good start

>Good, the alternative is riots by the biggest gun wielding demographic of america.
Ah.... user.

UBI will cripple the economy. It's suicide.
Of course a chinese subverter wants that.

Which is exactly what I said he said. He talked extensively about the platform on talkshows and forums. He wants to keep students because he thinks it's a waste to have them take up slots in our top universities and then go back in a reverse brain drain to give their home countries a competitive edge. I'm 99% certain he's not talking about the horde.

UBI isn't necessarily a libertarian scheme, even "core" conservatives have considered it as an economic stimulus or alternative to focused welfare programs that need a lot government overhead. Yang talked about introducing various new taxes on automation, not limited to just self driving vehicles but also factories and manufacturing and such, to fund the extra UBI. Which he says is inclusive of existing welfare so it's not an entirely new cost but an extension of existing welfare. IIRC he even said he would rather have manufacturing return to America fully automated so it can be taxed rather than lose it to other nations, and he specifically pointed out that we need border security because he's aware that the "Freedom Dividends" would fail if everyone tried to just rush into America for free money.

To address both of you, it's pretty clear he wants skilled immigrants, who are either in higher education or ready to work high skill job, as he specifically mentioned students in American colleges and tech entrepreneurs in a few shows/talks he was on. At the very least in the Joe Rogan one.

>Intel powered AI can be easily hacked
OYY VEYY ! ! !

Attached: Intel Jew.jpg (615x384, 32K)

That's assuming he gives it to everybody, and yeah I agree it would be even worse.

cashiers, retail workers, truck drivers, food service, warehouse workers, lots of brainless office work - this makes up a significant proportion of jobs the US, what will all of these people do? Especially if they have no money to take financial risks / move

>PooJeet dystopia

Walk into Oracle hq sometime
Spot the American, protip: no Americans

This is the Yang future: a poverty class of welfare recipients just barely scraping by while every job is taken by imported workers. The people on welfare just end up being erased off the gibs balance sheet by a future POTUS. US and A becomes the next Bangladesh

Stream video games on twitch

Shut up cuck

Learn to code

>UBI will cripple the economy. It's suicide.
>Muh economy, muh national debt.
Stop thinking about that gay libertarian shit and start thinking about what motorcycle you're gonna buy with those yangbux my dude.

UBI is Communism full stop.

Why wouldn't people just charge more for shit since they know people will have an extra bit of dosh every month?

You literally described what we have now but I don't get $1000 a month.

youtube.com/watch?v=AwIYHwbojQo

Attached: Twitter #LearntoCode bans.jpg (480x360, 27K)

Yes it has

>Unless ur job is 100% monkey work(fast food ex), ur good.
That's most Americans you retard, especially middle America conservatives who have like 8 guns per person.

People seem to be forgetting that up until fairly recent America BRED. They had BABIES. People did get unemployed and they were totally unable to find new jobs in their modernizing economies. But their kids offset it by receiving better education and getting these new jobs. The reason why the economy didn't suffer was because people used to have tons of kids but that's just not the case anymore. How can you tards look at Japan and go "wow they're having major issues because they don't have enough kids to replace the work force and take up enterprising new jobs" and then look at America which has dwindling birth rates - even close to the Japanese among middle class white Americans - and say "there's no problem here". The eurocucks took the easy way out and let their governments import the horde, that's one way of "solving" the issue I suppose but it won't work for long and not in the US where a big chunk of jobs will be easily automated in the next 10 years and with a president that, rightfully IMO, doesn't let uneducated morons pour in.

why would they? the people making the profit gets their own $1000 a month as well

>why would they?
>want to make more money

Attached: 1549486806579.jpg (645x729, 57K)

Because they want more money

It entirely depends on how much people are willing to pay, not how much money companies think people have. It's not a real issue

>implying

Google will just set up a shell company in the Isle of Man and then pay 'licensing fees' that just happen to be exactly equal to their yearly profit, thus bringing their yearly profit to zero, thereby paying no tax.

YANGED
A
N
G
E
D

If you dont like UBI fine, but don't call it communism unless you want people to know your IQ is 76

>don't how many people here actually plans to give UBI to but I assumed it wouldn't be everybody.
m8 do you know what the universal in 'universal basic income' means?

How about he make them stop dodging taxes legally first. What a fucktard. Also a rice nigger cant win

>He wants to keep students
Majority of international students (chinese) don't want to stay in the US. They have rich parents and just wanted to show off a US degree to the rest of their chinamen.

Why am I seeing this guy being shilled on every board?

Who would even do such a thing?

Attached: 1523762877651.png (544x638, 619K)

Google is eventually going to AI 90% of their company and just set up a campus in India to train future workers for 12 cents per hour anyway

Automation of truck driving without drivers isn't happening anytime soon that's all technologist think tank hype bullshit. However what is more likely to happen is Amazon is going to kill grocery stores with their grocery delivery service by selling at lower margins and not having to maintain a store location not to mention the development of their own delivery lines that they will replace FedEx and UPS with.

>taxing google to pay for my uncles drunken homeless lifestyle
I don't like google, but no thank you

taxation is theft

Attached: smug_cap.png (420x420, 9K)

Gibs usually don't go to the rich but you might be right. It's fucked either way but it's fucked more if he gives it to everybody.

truly based

Yeah dude lets have private roads and shit, legalize drugs and homosex. I don't like getting fucked by the government but when private corporations tag team and ream my asshole it's a-ok.

It's the same thing.
99% percent of work in the US is done by wagies, while getting paid 1% of the profits.
1% of the work in the US is done by kikes, while getting 99% of the profits through exploiting the lobbying system to fuck the average citizen.

In the 50's this was completely the other way around. A man working a 9-5 was respectably paid probably 80% the work and value he brought to his job, rather than the 2% he would be today, and it meant he could afford a house, car, big yard, and support a wife and multiple kids comfortably.

TL;DR tax or gas the kikes

Attached: 1521616519690.png (1151x734, 467K)

More like NASA and NOAA

>It's fucked either way but it's fucked more if he gives it to everybody
How? Just shut up and buy some shit on your wishlist lol.

>Yeah dude lets have private roads and shit, legalize drugs and homosex.
Sounds good. What's the problem?
>I don't like getting fucked by the government but when private corporations tag team and ream my asshole it's a-ok.
You do know those companies are backed by IP law, right? IP is incompatible with property rights.

>Dude don't think lol you are getting free money dude just vote for yang and make it rain brah, thinking is for nerds

but would /oursperg/ Richard Stallman vote for him?

Attached: 1551867071055.png (358x231, 48K)

fuck off zuck

Attached: 1549592454969.jpg (1335x1500, 799K)

>Sounds good. What's the problem?
Oh you know, the fact that I like living in a somewhat moral and sane society. I already have to deal with fucking junkies every other day, it's going to get worse when you leave these retards to their own devices.
>You do know that these companies are backed by IP law right? IP law is incompatible with property rights.
Yeah, but imagine the type of shit that they could get away with even less restriction, when the small libertarian gov always takes their side. What is your point with that?
Yes, that is exactly what I said. Good job reading and quoting without actually coming up with a counterpoint retard.

>Oh you know, the fact that I like living in a somewhat moral and sane society. I already have to deal with fucking junkies every other day, it's going to get worse when you leave these retards to their own devices.
>I make decisions better than these people and my views should be forced on everyone else!
Yep, you and the billions of other retards who believe that
>Yeah, but imagine the type of shit that they could get away with even less restriction, when the small libertarian gov always takes their side. What is your point with that?
Why would a small libertarian gov always take their side. All I'm saying is that everyone should have equally rights. A business is just an extension of your own rights. People can voluntarily associate with whom they want. You can't (morally) forcefully tax a business or make them "bake the cake." My point is that, as a libertarian, I don't support the IP law that has made these companies so powerful as IP law is immoral and infringes on property rights.

>I want to not struggle.
Humanity has wanted that from day one... it's never obtained it. It will never obtain it.
You can only struggle.

It's better to allow for welfare on condition for the person putting in some effort to contribute to the economy.
Otherwise, you end up with the same problems the soviets had.

He's got my vote.

Attached: 0182 - KylQfED.jpg (848x1280, 247K)

This.
This is a sign that the communists really are a genuine threat to your country to this day.
Only they would be so ignorant of capital.

Nothing is free, idiot. Calling it UBI is just an obfuscation of "workers of the world unite".

You have no idea the monster UBI will be if actually implemented to all.

Some idiot that thinks we don't notice it.
It pisses me off.

Attached: 1545964951376.png (480x485, 191K)

Attached: pinochet.jpg (988x662, 165K)

HOLY FUCKING QUADS

cute picture of me

There is no collective ownership of the means of production with UBI. UBI is literally just paying people off not to tear everything down once they are automated to redundancy.

I can appreciate your effort but you're probably lowballing the cost and at the same time high balling the amount of people that would be on it. You didn't account for oversight, the logistics, or anything else. Also you have no idea what kind of economy would be generated by a UBI and if that would offset the loss. Anyway, I was able to think this stuff up in like 90 seconds and I am borderline retarded, you are grossly overestimating your understanding of this.