THEY DID IT GUYS THEY FUCKING DID IT

fxtec.com/pro1/

THEY DID IT GUYS THEY FUCKING DID IT

THEY'LL PROBABLY GET MURDERED OR DISAPPEAR THIS ISN'T ALLOWED ((THEY)) DON'T LIKE US USING SLIDE OUT KEYBOARDS

Attached: Fxtec-Pro1-004.jpg (1219x1000, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fxtec.com/the-keyboard-smartphone-youve-been-waiting-for-software/
fxtec.com/pro1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nice totally not a shilling, scum.

The specs are breddy gud, even though the SOC is previous gen, but I really fail to see the point of a hardware keyboard. Typing on a phone will still suck even with one of these and its pretty much useless for multilingual input.

the onscreen keyboard doesn't take up 70% of the screen real estate. also, no issues with shitty auto correct. I remember typing notes on my old Touch Pro with little to no mistakes verses the fucking onscreen keyboard, auto correct both on or off.

Slide out keyboards are dead because they're shit. The typing experience on a phone will be terrible no matter what you do. So you might as well make it thinner and take out the physical keyboard

> battery 3200 mah
into the trash it goes

70% of screen(more like 30% in reality) taken at some times versus 30% of a phone taken at all times. Also correction issues are solved by not using a shit keyboard.

>curved edges
Yikes, that's a no for me. At least it doesn't have a notch.

you're retarded

you can also type without looking at the phone

I've already gotten used to vertical. I don't want to acclimate myself to using a phone in landscape all the time again.

You gotta

does it have sd, multi-sim, audio jack, battery above 3000mah and decent on-board storage?

Look into the Axon 7. Everything you just mentioned, as well as LineageOS 15.1 ( plus soon to be 16.0 ) support.

>Storage: 128GB, expandable via microSD card up to 2TB

It makes the cut

no æoå keys, no buy

>((THEY))
you mean consumers?

There are phones without curved edges?

>no æoå keys, no buy
What is alt key?

>648$
LMAO!

Had xperia pro with landscape qwerty.

Difference over on screen keyboard is you never ever make single mistake, makes writing much more enjoyable.

/thread

>Which keyboard layouts does the Pro1 support?
>The Pro1 is currently being sold with a QWERTY keyboard. In the future we will manufacture other keyboards such as QWERTZ & AZERTY. Head over to the forums to let us know your preference!
So it's very possible they'll do a Nordic layout if there's enough demand for it.

Xiaomi Redmi 4A

Why in the fuck wouldn't they put a removable battery in there? If they did....theyd have a monopoly.

>touch screen good. fuck physical keyboards, right fellow goys?

I would be much more interested in this if it ran full Linux, especially if I could load my favorite distro onto it. Having a full-on UMPC that can make phone calls is my dream.

3200 is quite enough for pure android and amoled display
makes big difference these two artefacts

It does run full linux, which is used as the kernel of the mobile device as well as desktop OSes such as GNU

I know Android is based on Linux. I should have specified that I was thinking of desktop OSes like Ubuntu, Fedora, etc

android is not based on linux, linux is a part of the android system
the android mobile operating system uses linux as the kernel
the GNU desktop operating systems such as ubuntu or fedora also use linux as the kernel

This actually looks like a competent phone
>keyboard
>6gb ram
>SD cards
>decent processor and gpu
>headphone jack
>no notch
>fast charging
Only main concern would be the rather small battery, but it should be enough to make in through the day I think
Thanks for the heads up

>he doesn't use Minuum
Yeah retards using a default chink ROM's keyboard with maximum letter size and maximum row spacing will have it take up 70% of their screen. That doesn't mean it's a general problem for people who care about screen estate.

For reference, I'd love a GOOD hardware keyboard, but it's just not feasible in a phone form factor. Something like a GPD is borderline, and it's far thicker and the footpring is much bigger than any phone form factor.

fxtec.com/the-keyboard-smartphone-youve-been-waiting-for-software/
>Tech savvy users will also be pleased to know that we’ll support other independent, community-driven OSes beyond Android. We’ll offer loaner devices and driver support (under NDA) to core developers. We’ve already approached to some Lineage OS developers as a first step and plan to work with Sailfish OS developers & other communities. Our hope is to build a handset that runs your favourite OS.
Maybe it'll be possible to install Linux on it later on

It already runs linux, which is used as the kernel of android as well as the kernel of desktop OSes such as GNU

>based in UK
>does not come from Shenzhen

Yet another stillborn startup

>front facing camera
keep your spyware homoshit to yourself

>typing on a phone will still suck
lmao, no, hardware keyboards are 3x as good as touch screen. 2x as good as swype and predictive text. with my htc desire z I could literally type out full paragraphs without looking and have zero errors.

Whip out your shitphone that you have now, and just try to type full speed with two thumbs, then imagine typing at that speed with no errors without even having to look at the phone. suck my balls

>no, hardware keyboards are 3x as good as touch screen
Until they break

man i just wish an openpandora type thing existed that didn't cost $65535

I, too, use my phones for 30 years straight.

>can't type with one hand
Defend this.

the touchscreen will break long before the keyboard does unless you type with rotating drill bits for fingers

Does their keyboard also serve as an additional battery pack as well? That would be a sweet killer.

it's the phone's regular battery, moron

swype typing is faster than using that thing, so why?

>unknown brand announces a niche product
100% a scam
I can tell you this device already exists somewhere in china.

>$650
>ever paying >$200 for a phone
Nah man.
>but I really fail to see the point of a hardware keyboard.
Games/emulators. Touch controls fucking suck.

>For reference, I'd love a GOOD hardware keyboard
Gemini and upcoming Cosmo PDA may be more to your liking then, they embark the legendary PSION keyboard, but their layout is more akin to laptops than phones.

Attached: 21565_460_m_f808933ff0a450346bb162d3869027a3.jpg (460x282, 26K)

Im pretty excited about this
don't mind the SD 835,
other than the lack of water proofing, this is perfect

I mean you say that, but the physical keyboard on my 9 year old desire z still works fine, infact the whole phone works fine other than being insanely slow for no reason, probably dead onboard storage. The physical components of a 9 year old slider phone lasted longer than the silicon

>2019
>using [{(their)}] operating system

Why aren't you writing your own operating system from the ground up, user?

This is like if china made a blackberry based on 10 year old phones. Looks like trash

Touch screens aren't a jewish ploy, kid.

>landscape keyboard, which means that you have to flip your phone each time you write even a small message
>screen inclination in landscape mode looks too close to numbers' row
>only 3200 mah battery on a AMOLED screen and a 835 Snapdragon
>customized launcher?
>possibility to bind physical keys to actions and to commands?
>only 3 apps support landscape mode
I don't know lads, it sounds interesting, but I shall probably stay with what I already have.

Attached: chad phone.jpg (1400x1400, 227K)

Imagine being so unbelievably scared and paranoid of conspiracy theories that you think fucking touch screens are a Jewish ploy.

landscape keyboards suck ass. blackberry key2/keyone/priv is better. the least they could have done is not use android

The keyboard looks like some cheap toy crap that will make you break your fingers to register a keypress while the device itself looks like a Galaxy S8 with a keyboard slapped under it. Into the trash it goes.

Attached: 1551723778401.gif (500x287, 579K)

Even if you disregard the keyboard this looks better than 90% of the trash "big" companies are pulling out nowadays. When it gets LOS I'll consider it.

I've been waiting for something like this since the N900. I absolutely fucking hate touch screens in any shape or form. Only problem left is the OS. Android is absolute trash and Linage is only marginally better (without gapps). Unfortunately Sailfish is even worse than it was on the N9 and that was even worse than the N900 maemo it originated from. I have no clue, how you can make your OS worse with every iteration, but Yolla is absolutely doing it. Only thing that is still top notch is the swipe gestures. No idea how android and ios are unable to adapt this one simple thing that makes obviously way more sense than all the crap they tried to do.

Will the pyra ever come out? I wish it didn't use debian.

I can do that anyway, stay mad.
Have fun using your phone in landscape.

shill thread, ignore

>fxtec.com/pro1/
sauce me

Physical keyboard is trash on a small devices. Glass touchscreens and swipe typing is way faster.

>games
You haven't played any games that are programmed for mobile devices in mind. Things like FPS games now use motion controls like Nintendo systems and its fucking light years ahead of analog sticks. There is also 3D touch from iOS in games where you press harder and it's a newer input. When the publishers put the time and effort in to use premium smartphone features in games it becomes another great handheld gaming device. This isn't 2010 anymore old man.

that right there is way better than a foldable phone

Guess I'll be waiting for the second gen

>and its pretty much useless for multilingual input
So you're telling me you have a single keyboard for each language on your desktop?

How about the fucking Mi Mix 3? Gee, I wonder why the iToddler is only naming the shittiest of phones...

If only I could use my phone for 30 years straight!

Key2 owner here, I'm at least going to try it.
Although I'm not going to pretend like the blackberry keypad isn't fantastic simply for the reason it's more than a keyboard.

Attached: blackberry keyone.gif (480x270, 1.79M)

The fact that the xftec doesn't have a capacitive physical keyboard is a huge red flag for me.

>versus 30% of a phone taken at all times
It's a slider, you fucking dipshit. Are posts like these knee-jerk copypastes or is there a bot with a pass lurking around just to shitpost in keyboard hipster threads?

bought one of the black edition ones. god tier phone imo.

>The typing experience on a phone will be terrible no matter what you do.
this is very true but the conclusions iShit retards draw from it is nonetheless stupid. we shit all over decades of proper interface design to sell antisocial betas a bigger screen so they can better escape from reality at the cost of making smartphones worthless wastes of time for everything else.

hardware buttons and directional/trackpads made one-handed operation convenient and effortless, the stylus allowed for interfaces to be denser and more real estate to be dedicated to the actual work you were doing, handwriting recognition systems like Graffiti flowed better, improved information retention and didn't need gigabytes of fucking auto-correction systems that made any kind of technical writing impossible just to function on a basic level, expansion was once the norm and not a niche talking point people actively derided, and shit still looked fashionable, arguably more so than the bland iShit clones everyone universally makes now.

all because your beta sheep ass needed ten extra millimeters of facebook and netflix screen area so you can better hide from human contact on public transportation.

is it rooted by default so i can toss out chrome, facebook and playstore? - if not, it's just another android phone

Indeed. Blackberry Keyone is and will be unrivaled.

muh keytwo

>curved screen
>android poo
ill pass

>the onscreen keyboard doesn't take up 70% of the screen real estate. also, no issues with shitty auto correct. I remember typing notes on my old Touch Pro with little to no mistakes verses the fucking onscreen keyboard, auto correct both on or off.
It's too late for that. I'm now a much faster typist on an on-screen keyboard by typing sloppily and RELYING ON autocorrect than I am on a phone-sized tactile keyboard. That thing is way too small to touch-type on using your muscle memory from a regular keyboard, so you'll have to learn a new skill anyway.

Plus, do you really want to buy a phone from people who can't even spell the English language?

Attached: Untitled.png (1126x875, 268K)

>rounded corners
>rounded screen

Yawn

I might actually put up with T-Mobile's trash network coverage just to use this phone

Lose weight

it was vaguely amusing, I'll allow it

Attached: 1501986476967.gif (506x283, 3.43M)

It's compatible with AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon

I had the droid 2 back in 2012 and loved it, i am interested

Nice idea but I don't want to have to turn to landscape every time I want to type

>So just use the physical keyboard when you need to type something longer on your phone!

I don't do anything on my phone that requires long periods of typing, and if you do then you're probably an idiot zoomer who doesn't know how to use a proper computer for work.

>only pointing device is the screen
What were they thinking???

>AMOLED
I was literally just about to go suck dick for shekels before I read that. Honestly, man what is it with tech companies and this shitty, prone to burn-in bullshit?

If it's root-able, then I'll buy one. otherwise there's no point in using anything but Android BlackBerrys.

>Slide out keyboards are dead because they're shit.
Partially agreed, landscape portrait seems pointless because no one has long enough thumbs to use it efficiently. To use thumbs efficiently, the coverage of both thumbs must overlap; the more they do without buttons becoming too small to hit the better.

>The typing experience on a phone will be terrible no matter what you do
>Typing on a phone will still suck
BlackBerry keyboards prove you wrong (and some other keyboards are fine too, but BB ones are a league above anything else I've typed on). Sure can't be really fast but it feels good when you can feel what you're typing. Also feels good to be able to type anything outside the dictionary just as fast as any regular word. But I think that swipe keyboards would be faster when using just common words (but even then they apparently get words wrong).

I only wish there was some layout for power users. With a lot of keys and modifiers. But then UMPCs don't seem very useful to me (they do seem cool, but if I had any work to do on the go, I'd rather use a 12" laptop which I consider the bare minimum to fit a functional - in the sense of 10-finger touch-typing - keyboard) so there wouldn't be much use out of it. Maybe I could use Emacs on my phone just for the org-mode.