Thoughts on IBM?

Thoughts on IBM?

Attached: IBM_logo_in-1-768x545.jpg (768x545, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/jackkelly/2018/09/18/the-ibm-age-discrimination-lawsuit-will-shed-light-on-this-harrowing-trend/
research.ibm.com/ibm-q/
youtube.com/watch?v=vzm6pvHPSGo
ibmwrocpolska.ml/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Press F?

It's a shit company. They botched everything they had just to waste money again in the stuff the botched (redhat). Their working ethics is a joke, their r&d is ok but pathetic in comparison to 20 years ago, they pay wages, management is a bunch of finance fuckbois straight from college. IBM was last good in the 80s

No longer the top innovative company it used to be, now they just defend their patents and offer basic servers to enterprises.

>Be me, night at bar
>Some guy comes up to my friends and I
>Friend knows him, tells him I'm a software developer
>"Noooo way dude! I'm a *hardware engineer* at IBM! do you want to build some software projects?! I have ideas in mind"
>"Maybe. What ideas?"
>Starts talking about "widgets" for desktop.
>"Bruh, it's not 2009 anymore"
>Tells me another idea, a "phone that never needs to be updated, is 100% secure"
>"Even if that were possible, which it's not, you'd need to hire the absolute best brains on the planet, and they would not be cheap."
>Tries telling me they'll work for free, basically.
>Fast forward a couple weeks later
>Ask him if he has any idea on how to fix my heatsink, as it was bent and fucked up.
>"Sorry, I'm not a hardware guy"
>mfw, pic related
>This guy is fucking retarded.
>If he can get hired at IBM, I should, without a fucking doubt, be able to.
>Apply
>Rejected
This story is 100% true. I'd love to work at IBM, though. Kind of dissapointed I got rejected.

Attached: 1547797108619.jpg (472x840, 45K)

No you don't. You want to work at a small company that's not a huge dumbass corporation that only things about profit margins and their shareholders. What you want is a fun environment with good amounts of stress to keep you motivated, not a living hell, where you have to cover your ass so your management doesn't blame their faults on you, where you can actually get a good wage, healthcare benefits and regular trainings.

You kids have no idea what it's actually like to work in big corporations like these. Stop shilling for companies that have lost their charm and their creativity by replacing it with power and money hungry fraudsters and backstabbers.

Big corporations suck, don't buy into this shit like a lobotomized moron just because you masturbate to IBM manufactured Thinkpads from the 90s like the other fa/g/gots from this board.

Attached: 1000px-Fedora-logo.svg.png (1000x1000, 51K)

nvr 4get

Attached: ibm-0109.jpg (198x300, 21K)

The dude was lying

uninnovative company on life support. They would already be bankrupt if they didn't have clients using legacy shit.
Also has retarded hiring practices.

Pretty smart company, they just bought Linux.

This.

wtf is wrong with widgets?

yep. the codes on jewish peoples arms - those numbrs. they are IBM codes.

similar to the codes noww being given to universal credit victims/UK

they are xpected now, to rememer 16 digit codes

Attached: Blockchain Poverty.png (1920x1080, 1.72M)

smol size

Attached: AI that fights bias.png (1920x1080, 415K)

Attached: Blockchain Poverty.png (1920x1080, 416K)

dupont was also involved with nazi germany as many other companies. and just because they use a numbering system that ibm develops doesn't make them a bad company. it's just another jewish "6000000000 brazillion juice" victim cry. like hugo boss being held liable for having made coats for the entire waffen-ss. business is business, businesses are not people, they are comprised of them with different groups and sub groups that all follow different ideologies. stop this blame game shit shekelbergshillhaus

My first computer was an ibm ps/2 model 50z. That's the extent of nostalgia I have for them.

IBM just tries to be trendy and new, but as soon as a company gets to big, it stops adapting.

Attached: AI that helps us.png (1920x1080, 404K)

c*rporate bootlicker

>censoring corporate
what a way to show how much of a redditor you are. stay mad.

nope, see my previous post a business is not a person, any first semester law student can tell you that.

The company has gone to shit.
It's literally run by a bimbo now

Attached: ginni-20180718044222907.jpg (780x546, 56K)

I work here. Live near Dallas and want to work in Cloud?

those were unix timestamps

Who is this gorilla?

All the boomer white men left.

Attached: meh.ro11724.jpg (1920x1200, 376K)

Lmao how can people put this gorilla next to literally any other race and say “yeah race is only skin deep”

>You kids have no idea what it's actually like to work in big corporations like these. Stop shilling for companies that have lost their charm and their creativity by replacing it with power and money hungry fraudsters and backstabbers.
>Big corporations suck
Pity, it didn't used to be this way. In my grandfather's day those were gold-plated places to work.

And in other news, the personal computer revolution in the 70s came out of garage upstarts, not IBM. IBM didn't go for it until it was obvious that this personal computer thing wasn't just a passing fad and the PC was a triumph of marketing rather than technology.

Big corporations not always but most of the time run on inertia and tend to stagnate and get to the point where safeguarding shareholders' profits becomes the number one priority.

>In 1976, Ford chairman Henry Ford II proclaimed ominously "I am the Sewell Avery of the automobile industry." This was in reference to the president of department store chain Montgomery-Ward, who in the 1940s adopted the nihilistic belief that post-WWII expansion was pointless and that another Great Depression would happen in a few years. Consequently, Montgomery-Ward were bured by their competitors, all of whom eagerly geared up to support the booming postwar economy.

>While doing my masters in Chemistry
>Some IBM subsidiary that I forgot the name but can look it up in a second, comes and talks to my supervisor
>They arrange that they need someone to help the guy that does Auger spectrometry at their facility because they have only 1 guy and can't keep up with the demand
>They put me in the line for it after I graduate
> We stop getting any communications from them afterwards
>I graduate and have no job because I was counting on that one
>Now I wagecuck as tech support while holding a fucking masters degree.
Fuck IBM and their subsidiaries

They didn't leave. IBM kicked them out.
forbes.com/sites/jackkelly/2018/09/18/the-ibm-age-discrimination-lawsuit-will-shed-light-on-this-harrowing-trend/

/ourcompany/

I'd read about that in a business course I took and my take was that Sewell Avery was born in 1874, so he was already in his 70s when WWII ended. It seems to me that he was just an old man who couldn't adapt to the changing times so he threw up his hands and said "We're doomed, why bother?" A younger guy probably would have been eager to take on the exciting challenge of the postwar marketplace.

>that amber lighting

>I'd love to work at IBM

Attached: garry sinefeid.gif (295x207, 567K)

sounds like your fault mr one-egg-one-basket

I know, but I can still try to put the blame on someone that is not me

This isn't the 70s, dude. IBM today is a joke.

>Big corporations suck, don't buy into this shit like a lobotomized moron just because you masturbate to IBM manufactured Thinkpads from the 90s like the other fa/g/gots from this board
Or you browse /vr/ and jerk off to the idea of an IBM XT running Space Quest in pink and aqua colors.

Those 2 looking in the window are prob like "What the fresh hell am I looking at?"

As an IBMer first, and an individual second, I love IBM
>t. IBM employee shitposting during work hours

Attached: angryofficeman.gif (394x383, 15K)

>Cloud
owo another based ibm cloud user on Jow Forums?

I'm in a different city, but I deal with a lot of based devs in austin tx - we might have even worked together

Best company ever...... they give us free snacks....

everyone else is just salty they got rejected

miss their PCs

I boot up my aptiva II now and again for the nostaliga

Attached: consider the froggering.jpg (397x400, 75K)

>healthcare benefits and regular trainings
Small companies aren't known for these.
>You kids have no idea what it's actually like to work in big corporations like these.
Is it worse than working for the government?

>AI that fights bias
They won't like it when it starts doing that.

VGA remake > original.

A shadow of its former self that only survives because too many things are already invested in it to leave it easily.

their font called Plex is fine I know they started thinkpad, but I got a lenovo one, so I cannot judge

Tho, the fact that they started to count the jooz on a reasonable scale, this is really interesting
>great company

I'm the customer success lead for Dev-Image

They make print money on patents bro

They used to be a symbol of high quality enterprise grade goods. Now they are no different from any of the billion low quality Chinese companies that cost less.
Companies that make high quality electronics simply no longer exist though, it's not just an IBM problem.

Ayyyy its bob, remember me,

Attached: 1551945151679.png (804x566, 27K)

to praise quantum computing?

To fly

Attached: 1550293726304.png (890x960, 416K)

Outsourcing their AI was a great move and will keep them alive

Created the IBM5100, which John Titor used to fight against CERN

Rob I know you don't shitpost on Jow Forums you're like 40

No. Just no. There is no "quantum" anything, this isn't poorly understood near magic effects of some mythical theoretical particle. This is simply electrons being so small they can move through any material at the path of least resistance, because nothing can exert 100% perfect electrical control over them. It is current leakage. It is nothing but current leakage. It is current leakage in short channel devices, and it happens at literally every feature size, it is not exclusive to small FinFET devices like upcoming 5nm EUV FinFETs. Even planar devices have extremely high degrees of leakage through their channels, directly under the gates, electrons still leak out. Yet despite this the transistors still function.

Quantum tunneling is a meme regurgitated by people who know nothing about the field of FETs.

The hell is going on here?

I need to reread that shit - and to play Steins;Gate.

so they're spending millions of dollars on a meme? research.ibm.com/ibm-q/

Stop responding to pasta

a bunch of neets larping as IBM employees

How would you like me to prove I work here

underrated
IBN5100 sounds better though

I WAS PROMISED FLYING CARS
youtube.com/watch?v=vzm6pvHPSGo

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 11K)

Wtf is customer success lmao learn to code niggy

The boomer of tech companies.

Inte Bra Maskin

It's called working on tech debt and frequently occurring customer issues you fuck

Monika Slomiany sucks.

IBM sucks, just like Monika Slomiany. She can suck my dick. Here's why.
ibmwrocpolska.ml/

Nazis.

Hopefully my 100% code coverage tested service that I autistically slaved over to make as rock solid as ever makes your job easier

Attached: 1551290692469.jpg (608x456, 31K)

I'm on image, working with IMS
Nothing except csv2 is close to getting put into microservices.

Post badge/keycard with the name covered.

Figured. I thought it a possibility that he works in a warehouse for IBM, and either a) is embarrassed, hates his job, so he tells people he's an engineer there b) he really works there and is a fucking retard.

No, you can't. It was 100% your own fault. Nobody owes you a living.

>comfy.jpg

stopped doing what they were good at to pursue memes

they currently sit on their IP and historically strong segments and watch them diminish in value year over year while competitors catch up

>IBM was last good in the 80s
Amen.
When my father died in the '60s I got a personal letter from Tom Watson Jr (long since lost, alas). When my mother died in '88 I had to haggle for time off for her funeral.
I mark the descent as starting when we moved from concentrating on rental (with selling as an option) to full-on selling/leasing. The move to object-code-only screwed technical support in the field. There went our customer satisfaction.

Their programming documentation never explains everything you can do or how to anything beyond the most trivial example. They'll give you 50 parameters for a CL command you can use but won't say how to use more than 3 in actual code. Everything is a dry API or 10 length max acronym and no one knows how to take full advantage of the system due to, ironically, not enough documentation. Good luck if you can't browse esoteric keywords and opcodes for obscure forum examples because the creators of the damn thing can't explain how to properly use it.
T. Butthurt AS400 primarily RPG programmer