Xiaomi CEO says its phones will become more expensive

Why do they think they can do this and still stay in business?

Attached: xiaomi-will-get-more-expensive.webm (480x480, 2.14M)

Other urls found in this thread:

xda-developers.com/xiaomi-spins-redmi-sub-brand/
technode.com/2019/03/06/mi-9-up-the-value-chain/
xda-developers.com/expect-xiaomis-flagship-smartphones-to-get-more-expensive/
wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/Platforms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Surprise surprise, a powerful computer that can connect you to the whole world, smart enough to understand your natural speaking, yet small enough to fit in your pocket costs money to develop.

OH NO NO NO SIR WHICH PHONE WILL US INDIANS NOW BUY

Chinese slaves brainwashed to consume. Herded to stay on course. Probably huawei wins and xiomi ends up as a support for the chinese goverment.

Why don't you post the full story OP, why do you suck cocks?

Xiaomi will divide their products into 2 branches (at least)

Mi line will be more expensive
Redmi line will be cheap as fuck

Ok, for me. As they get more recognizable all over the world they can take the extra profit, just like Samsung, Apple and other famous companies. As a matter of fact, i would like their premium phones to be more expensive, that just means cheap redmi phones can be even cheaper

I'm pretty sure Micromax will continue making shitphones for pajeets. The worrying part is Xiaomi's CEO seems delusional enough to think his company can charge Samsung prices and get away with it when HTC and Sony both evaporated market share to the point of being completely irrelevant doing exactly that.

Classic way into the market.
Underprice everyone.
Build a reputation and following.
go to the normal prices.

Until someone else does the same to you.

exactly, some new ShangBaoDao will appear and we will all buy their phones

Their marketing division growing.

That's the way of life.
There will always be someone trying to outcompete you.

Did smartphone parts really go up in price to justify the $1500 price tag?

This guy gets it
The cheap phones aren't going anywhere, Xiaomi made the Redmi line of phones into it's own sub-brand:
xda-developers.com/xiaomi-spins-redmi-sub-brand/
>Xiaomi has officially announced that Redmi will be split off into its own sub-brand as they use it to focus on budget devices just like they always have. Lei Jun (the founder of Xiaomi) has come out and said the reason behind the separation is that it allows them to focus. With the Redmi sub-brand focusing on the budget market this leaves the company’s Mi series to focus on the high-end market.

This will allow Xiaomi to position the Xiaomi phones into a more premium segment:
technode.com/2019/03/06/mi-9-up-the-value-chain/
>“We want to get rid of the reputation that our smartphones cost less than 2,000 yuan (about $300). We want to invest more and make better products. In the future, our smartphones could become more expensive, not much but slightly more expensive”.

Sounds good, but why is having a reputation for cheap good phones bad? The only downside to Xiaomi, for me, is that their cameras suck for dark shots. If they improved the camera that would be the main improvement they could make, aside from the OS which is optional per person.

No, their FLAGSHIPS will beocme more expensive.
xda-developers.com/expect-xiaomis-flagship-smartphones-to-get-more-expensive/

>The only downside to Xiaomi, for me, is that their cameras suck for dark shots. If they improved the camera that would be the main improvement they could make
Look into Redmi Note 7 Pro.

Read you fuck:

>go to the normal prices
This only applies to their flagships though.

Become*

I saw it, but I mean on the Redmi side due to me being on a budget/simple use. I think I saw the A1 or A2's camera and it also looked pretty good at night time.
I have gotten a few really nice pictures in the dark when it has some basic lighting though. But the video recording suck as it just makes everything darker.
Thinking of getting the Redmi 6 as an upgrade from Rm2.

This, poco F2 had better have a snapdragon 855. Every day we inch closer to i3 laptop x86 emulation performance.

There's also a Redmi phone coming with SD855

Attached: 00038.webm (245x163, 27K)

>still no MTTCG x86 support on qemu yet
FUCK

wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/Platforms

Tbh I already paid 400 Euros for the Mi Mix 3 and won't go higher.
it's an excellent device but if you pay 1k bucks for a chinkphone or any phone you are retarded

I'd rather buy samsung than chinkshit. I remember when Huawei entered the swiss market or rather europe in general, they were cheap chinky shit but now they charge applel prices for a stinky chinky shitbox. no thanks, chinks.

>I'd rather buy samsung than chinkshit
Why? So you can enjoy Samsung's One UI or whatever they're calling it without any say in the matter?

samsung has the best displays
software doesn't matter as you can always root and do whatever you want.

After 10 years of using iPhones, I decided that my next phone wouldn't cost more than 200 Eur, and I bought the Mi A2. That device is absolutely good enough for me. It's kinda comfy to not having to obsess over picture quality or scroll lag or things like that. I just use the phone, if it sometimes lag a bit, so what? That's what you get for being cheap.

>samsung has the best displays
S8. And now that we got that out of the way, almost all Xiaomi's flagships have DCI-P3, HDR10 screens as well.
>software doesn't matter as you can always root and do whatever you want.
Only the S9 and the Note 9 have some developer support from their newer devices at this point.

You can actually eliminate that lag by disabling animations in android system settings. Just tap the build number in device info a couple of tomes and it will unlock dev settings. You can also enable "force gpu rendering" which is how iPhones operate btw but crucify some battery life in the process.

still cheaper and better than all ishitphones, that's why

huh, will try. thanks user!

Not quite, but close enough.

>undercut everyone and built tons of cheap shit
>get reputation/experience in building better/better through user comments
>create a separate premium brand with premium quality/price

It has problems with the internal EMMC.

Shit is garbage will never buy again. All their basic apps have advertisements

This is why you use custom ROMs on their devices. It's even better because they're one of the most developer friendly manufacturers. You can always disable those apps and ads, but you didn't bother.