Slower battery degradation my ass

My S8+ went from 5-6 hours of screen time to consistent 3-4 hours in just a year. What a piece of shit baka

Attached: Screenshot_20190308-174031_Settings.jpg (1080x2158, 305K)

Other urls found in this thread:

beebom.com/what-is-ufs-3-0/
browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/12317478
browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/12317878
bestbuy.com/site/geek-squad/samsung-authorized-service-provider/pcmcat1476123982741.c?id=pcmcat1476123982741
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>touchjizz

my chinkphone throws 8 hours of screen on time from 90-20ish, been a year. let's see how long this holds. ((had few screenshots couldn't find.))

Nah that's all the bloat samshit phones have.

this too

1. install nova to replace shitty stock app launcher
set animations in nova to "faster than light"
2. Go to android dev settings, turn off all animations
go to apps and disable/uninstall anything you don't need
3. clear cache of apps like web browsers, social, youtube and restart phone

That will get you better than factory performance/battery life. You can also try setting background process limit to 1-4, this will limit what hangs around using RAM/CPU/NAND resources thus increasing overall battery life if you don't multitask much. You can disable it all together if you only do 1 thing but it's pretty extreme desu.

>spotify

>clover instead of omnichan

Try a factory reset and don't install spyware apps like Spotify

>stop using max brightness all the time
>set keyboard to black
>set every app you can to black or dark
>force close spyware shit like social apps while you're not using them
>clear cache often
>filter tripfaggots
t. S8+ owner who regularly gets 6ish hours without any special effort.

>stop using max brightness all the time
It's barely ever above 30%
>set keyboard to black
It is
>set every app you can to black or dark
It is
>force close spyware shit like social apps while you're not using them
I use this Samsung tool to block background activity for all the apps except for telegram, WhatsApp and mail client.
>clear cache often
I'll try that
>t. S8+ owner who regularly gets 6ish hours without any special effort.
I was in the same boat several months ago.

Linear curve means something is trashing the battery in the background, it's more step-wise if everything is running normal. And that "something" is probably the part of the system since Android basically grabs any background app by the balls now, it will just kill it unless it runs a notification. Hope you liked the samsung experience and won't make such a mistake next time.

my S5 holds 5.5h youtube video on firefox with addons. 5 day idle. Battery was made Q4 2018

My one plus 5 is still rocking seven hours of screen time

Buying a phone with higher resolution than 1080p is a battery waste. Inefficient. Disable delete bloat in settings with application manager. Use ADB to block apps you cant take out.

Batteries don't degrade this suddenly. You might have some nasty shit running in the background. Are you on oneUI already? I stopped downloading the latest updates without waiting when I downloaded one last year and my sot instantly went down to 4 hours. It could be samsung fucking up or a virus or rogue app or something.

>t. S8+ owner who regularly gets 6ish hours without any special effort.
These are S5 numbers... Jeez. I guess nothing except the Note 9 is worth buying. This is really bad.

>Buying a phone with higher resolution than 1080p is a battery waste.
Samsung ships their devices with 1080p selected, not 1440p. Their Exynos SoC are the real problem.

By the way, where's /spg/? Did I filter it by mistake or is it still not there?

I'm using it in 1080p mode. 1440p is pointless unless all you do is watch 4k videos.

>Are you on oneUI already?
Updated today but but this started some time ago.

>Linear curve means something is trashing the battery in the background
That's a good observation

>Hope you liked the samsung experience and won't make such a mistake next time.
It was alright for the most part. But several gripes will stop me from buying a Samsung in the future for sure.

wait for the note11 user
>no notch
>no hole
>big screen
>big battery
>probably at least as thick as the note 9
>3.5mm jack
>spen

The phone still lights up all those extra pixels using more energy than a lower pixel count screen.

People should be aware of feature creep. Just wanting bigger and better will blind your judgment. Lifespan. Costs. Uses. Other options. Trust and deception (marketing and treatment). I think Apple, Samsung, Oneplus are now selling products that are more expensive than they first seem to be. Supporting them now would only encourage them to be more abusive.

1. Root
2. Debloat
3. Freeze useless system apps
All those power saving apps are bloat. I managed to disable permission esp from gps and get more than a month plus of idle with 10 screen wakes

Is there a reputable cache cleaner out there so that i can clean it all in one go?

Do you know when the battery was made? Over two year old battery might have noticeable loss of battery life.

Cache only takes storage wont have impact on battery life. Just disable most apps you dont use with application manager in settings.

adb shell pm trim-caches

>tripfag doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about
what a surprise. OP, letting applications die off constantly and restart is like turning off your car and restarting it at stop lights. you end up using more resources this way. Android has its own way of "sleeping" applications, storing them in RAM, and bringing them back up when necessary. don't listen to the brainlets in this thread. steps 1-2 were right though. a new launcher helps a ton.

You're correct, but your analogy is wrong. It takes the equivalent of about 8 seconds of idle time to restart a car engine. Android basically DOES do that, for the very fact that it is more efficient.

You're both half right because it depends how bloated the system is, I assumed OP had the 4GB variant so he'd run out of RAM pretty quickly.

But YES, in an 8-10 GB Android phone the RAM overhead is so high that it can easily accommodate tons of apps open and their cumulative caches they generate.

However while the RAM overhead is high many apps take up CPU/NAND and even data resources even when you switch out of them into another app. This is the crux of multi-tasking, while you do prevent app reloads you crucify other resources in the process as well. Thus by restricting how many apps are active in the background or not allowing them at all you minimize CPU/data resource utilization which chew through more battery life than simply loading apps into the RAM again which has become very efficient in android especially since UFS 2.1 NAND.

Android automatically unloads background apps when the system is low on RAM, it doesn't just keep them running.

stop replying to the tripfags. they only shitpost, and they never know what they're talking about.

It's your fault you know. Lithium ion battery life is directly related to how deep you discharge the battery. Every time you drain a battery like that down to zero, you lose 1% of the original capacity or so.

If you don't let the battery charge level drop below 30% or so before you charge it, the thing will last 5-10+ years.

Did you turn off your power save settings or turn the stupid Always-On Screen on? Absolute waste right there. I had zero noticeable capacity loss in 20 months, and just got my S10+ yesterday.

Also fast charging is dumb and you should only use it if you really have to.

>root
>debloat
Useless for the sake of power draw since ~Android V.7 or so. I've been rooting, debloating, using custom kernels since 2011. Android has very advanced power save functionality, and as well apps loaded in memory but otherwise unopen/not used take absolutely no processing power or extra energy.

With that said, it's a waste of time to try and root the non-Exynos Samsung phones which are primarily in the U.S. market. The S8+ (OP's and my last phone) required a developer ROM rife with issues which couldn't even allow the phone to charge beyond 80%, and you simply can't use custom kernels on the Snapdragon equipped Samsung phones. Any "pre-rooted" update release was just built upon this dev ROM and had many issues.

AMOLED displays use something like 1/3rd to 1/2 the power of LCD displays, the borders around 1080p content stay black and are essentially using no power at all. You're dumb.

Of course it does but not all of them. Also what I'm saying is even IF you had so much RAM that android did not do this at any point apps will take up other more valuable resources like CPU/NAND/DATA which cost more battery life than simply reloading apps.

Apps in the background unless you're running out of RAM are not automatically killed else they would be reloaded into RAM when you switched over to them.

For example over the course of a day if:
facebook
angry birds
spotify
chrome
youtube
clover
google maps
3 other apps

were all loaded into RAM and switched between would drain your battery than restricting max apps open in the background to say 3 or 4 apps.

drain your battery faster*

You're just spreading dumb myths for the sake of trolling people into wasting their time and/or using more of their battery.

Let the OS handle it's RAM loaded programs and stop worrying about app cache, you're going to use more battery forcing the system to clear and rebuild the cache than if you just let it be.
>drain your battery
Jow Forums used to have these threads daily, years and years ago:

>RAM uses the same amount of power whether it is "loaded" or "empty"
>Forcing apps to close, "clearing" loaded RAM, and cleaning the cache just wastes time
>power management by the OS is superior to any shit "cleaner" app
>tripfags are still retarded superniggers

Don't take my word for it. Open up 10 different apps, switch between them and look at the CPU/DATA utilization.

Then reboot your phone, go to dev settings, and restrict background app limit to 3 and open the same 10 apps, switch between them and look at the CPU utilization. Now imagine this trend go on all fucking day long.

>Open ten apps and switch between them
>now imagine that this happens all day long
Lol what are you mentally ill or just retarded?

Switching between them marks them as active to android, I'm not saying do this all day long numbnuts.

What you said was "forcibly switch between all these apps you'd never use all the time and pretend that your phone is going to do this while in your pocket all day long"

No, shut the fuck up, that wasn't word for word what you said, but it's what you meant and what you told everyone.

You're dumb as fuck my dude. I can see why everyone makes fun of you and that other tripfag beawesome all the time.

If you've been paying ANY attention at all modern android smartphones have batshit fast internal storage and snapdragons have insanely fast compression/decompression performance making the act of loading and unloading apps to and from RAM have little impact on battery life.

You're one of the dumbest people on this board.
Post evidence of your claim, boyo!

You sure I'M the troll here? Who looks at the phone for 5 minutes and leave it in their pocket all day long?

Look at gookbench inflated scores and UFS 2.1 spec, loading/unloading apps is now practically FREE ENERGY.

By your own admission, if loading apps is "free energy", why waste your time (and your battery) by manually unloading them, thereby forcing the phone to reload them and rebuild their data?

post evidence of your claim boyo!

Ideal is between 25 to 80 senpai

Actually the ideal is to never discharge below 50%. But for most phones these days that translates to like 6 hours of battery run time, tops.

Because you avert using other resources that DO kill your battery life faster.

Jesus christ man, it's literally on the first google search results but K.

beebom.com/what-is-ufs-3-0/

SD 820
browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/12317478

SD 835
browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/12317878

Alot of SD 820 phones didn't even have UFS 2.0 storage tw. Anything older than that used ancient eMMC.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-08-17-13-26.png (720x1280, 200K)

Batterie dégradation is mostly caused by heat and fast charging.
Sony and apple knows this and that's why They don't provide fast chargers and use different techniques to slow charge at night.

It doesn't affect it to this degree though. Touchjizz and stock samshit bloat just sucks desu, if you uninstall/disable it you're gonna have a bad time.

Absolutely no part of anything you posted is showing us how much energy each system uses to accomplish the same task.

Attached: a-Initial-charge-discharge-curves-at-01C-1C-14-200-mA-g-A1-b-rate-performance.png (628x469, 88K)

Lithium-Ion battery is a lithium-ion battery, so the use of a Tesla for comparison is just as valid.

Attached: fastchg-ev.png (840x444, 125K)

In short, yes fast charging causes a massive amount of rapid degradation of the battery's capacity.

Attached: newti.gif (1800x755, 135K)

Good thing android doesn't suck fuck. I can't remember the last time I had to charge my lenovo p2 more than once a week. Can't say the same when I could barely go a day on an iphone se without charging it TWICE a day.

>$50 to replace the battery on my Note 8 even with gooksquad
meh

bestbuy.com/site/geek-squad/samsung-authorized-service-provider/pcmcat1476123982741.c?id=pcmcat1476123982741

wouldn't ufs 2.1 load apps like in half a second? Sounds pretty energy efficient to me.