Muh feelings count more than actual skills for the job

>muh feelings count more than actual skills for the job

these people should be publicly hanged

Attached: 1551921976980.png (634x691, 75K)

>these people should be publicly hanged

Attached: 1491716816521.jpg (720x540, 29K)

I don't know who that is and will never likely interact with them. Their opinions really don't affect me. Not worth the rope let alone the attention.

>just be yourself bro

>another false flag from twitter courtesy of your friends at /pol

Both are important. This is actually why I like whiteboard interviews. If you can't communicate with your interviewer, or you panic easily when you have to solve literally one thing in 30-60 minutes, this is a good way to determine both your technical and emotional skills.

This. People with no emotional intelligence are Jow Forumstards.

i don't think they mean what you mean

Seriously, what's with all the cringy edgelords on Jow Forums lately? Jow Forums leaking?

A while ago I applied for a legal job. And they literally only asked me questions about what empathy meant to me. And if I could define coaching. And how I got sense the emotions of the other person. After the interview I got rejected because I "wasn't up to date with the latest recruitment methods".

And there I thought I was applying for a job advising people on legal matters.

*how I could sense

t. no emotional intelligence
If you can't see the word "emotional" without fighting a strawman you shouldn't get a white collar job.

how can you determine the proper advice to give if you're unable to empathize with those you're advising?

The people on twitter? Probably not. But they are accidentally correct in this one area (emotional intelligence being important).
It seems that a lot of whiny forum autismos and whiny twitter kumbaya dweebs both hate whiteboard interviews. Which means they work in keeping incompetent people away from the competent.

>emotional intelligence
You're either emotional or intelligent, what the fuck is that supposed to mean.

>You're either emotional or intelligent,
nice brainlet false dichotomy

Legal cases are basically just a puzzle. You look at all variables. And then you match them with the variables in the laws. Depending on who you are working for you make sure the variables do or don't match.

Clients often don't get that. So you do have to convince a lot of clients to just do as you say, as it's in their best interest. Empathy is useful for that, but it can usually also be done by using logical arguments. Especially if you point out the stakes (and in many cases also what's not at stake) they usually understand what you mean.

Why do unfamiliar phrases make you so angry?

Attached: 1523571249617.jpg (225x225, 10K)

That's a lot of assumptions here friendo buddy pal chum famalam.

based
if "emotional intelligence" is supposed to be valuable then it should mean "being able to supress your emotions and act rationally", but we know that's not what they mean, they mean being emotional, opening up, oversharing, things men don't like to do.

I think it's time we put all women in rape dungeons again and strip them of their rights

>emotional intelligence
So we hurl insults at them and see who cracks :^)

Being both emotional and intelligent is called schizophrenia.

Take it up with them,fag. This is a technology board,not a social studies forum. What compels you mongoloids to try to drag unrelated people into discussions like these, rather than communicating with the person who is directly responsibl for the comment?

>Hot take:
>Something that will not be controversial among the social circles I occupy
Posing something like this must take a huge amount of emotional intelligence. A 30eIQ brainlet like me could never understand.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAP!

Attached: 1552067529308.jpg (1125x1077, 201K)

You'll get fired first. That's how jobs work.

Indeed

Attached: 1528518405858.png (1010x1010, 337K)

edgelords by definition aren't conservative

"conservative" doesn't mean what you think it means.
Perhaps it never really did.

You think "conservative" means a person of strict moral character that values social stability and the valiant upholding of a set of social rules that allow for a better overall society.
In pratice, "conservative" these days is split between completely mentally ill degenrate nerds jacking it to Radiohead doujins in their free time posting on Jow Forums and (((shitposting))) on twitter all day calling everyone else a degenerate because muh projection, and dracula-esque old boomers exclusively concerned in keeping the status quo in wich they can stay rich forever until they entomb themselves into mausoleums made of pure platinum.

Whatever you think "conservative" used to mean has since been twisted into a grotesque Warhammer 4k-esque version of itself in the diseased minds of our modern times.

>Hot take
>Unpopular opinion
>Um, sweetie
Why talk like this?

>Someone needs to be hanged because their tweet about their feelings hurt my feelings

As for the tweet itself, it'd be true if not for the need to directly tie it into software development. Emotional intelligence is totally a valid and important skill set in some fields that's difficult to quantify and not always respected like it should be. That said, if you're the type of person saying things like Ashley here did, you're probably not overflowing with it to begin with.

How many products have been made from emotional ""intelligence"" vs dev skills.

apple's products rely more on emotions than actual capacity to sell and they're the most popular products there are despite being verifiably worse than the competition

Consumer psychology has nothing to do with empathy or emotional intelligence user

>these people should be publicly hanged
Yes, alongside with the fucktarded twitter retards like you and 90% of Jow Forums for this matter. 2 birds 1 stone.

EQ is a synonym for COPE

Logical arguments don't work on niggers or women though.