Will technology destroys all jobs?

Will technology destroys all jobs?

Attached: 1547709990836.jpg (1000x1000, 174K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2om6vymc-sw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

studies*

No, I will.

Tfw started studying CS in 2012 when it was booming.
Startups with any shitty idea would literally get millions of $$.
It's all dead now, I literally regret studying CS even tho a good job can still be found.

and what will it cost?

Attached: BD89080F-69CA-414C-885B-502B5FBBA2FC.jpg (1280x720, 148K)

Fucking boomers had it so easy

>job for everyone
>save a year or two and you could buy a house
>one salary was enough to support an entire family
>car, house and married by 20

Deadass they lived life on easy mode. Plus got to be hippies, do drugs, and fuck and later become ultra conservative live a boring life and shit on people for doing the same thing they once did

That is not a technology problem (not yet at least) right now it's a societal problem. Give it a few more years and automation will really catch up with IT.

Attached: truth.jpg (1000x1000, 316K)

Yes but back in my day we used to play outside with rubber and sticks, not computers!

Not the truth desu. It'd be the truth if the one with the nigger said:
No experience?
No problem!
We'll keep you around to show off how diverse we are!

your parents are boomers, go write this shit to them

And nothing of value was lost.

I got an entry level __data__ analyst job. 63k isn't the worst for some ones first job out of college.

I only got one "internship". And it was just doing filing 3 days a week my mom's company for less than minimum wage. But they let me call the position whatever the fuck I want on my resume.

But then again I do know python, R, and SQL.

I am a economics major. I feel like all you CS nerds should be able to pick up these languages in 3 months.

I don't want to sound like a libertarian, but this doesn't seem that hard.

My grandparents are boomers, my parents actually worked hard to give me the good life I live now spending their money

If by technology you mean hordes of shitskin immigrants then yes

it's not picking up the language that's hard, it's getting someone to give you a job. there's a few entry level jobs, but the rest want 5 years experience minimum.
getting the first job is the easiest, after that if you fuck up you're below square 1

>Entry level analyst
>analyst
I know this hurts, but I wouldn't want to hire an analyst ... so I can train another analyst.

>internship at mom's company
WTF IT'S NOT FAIR
MY MOMMY'S A PROSTITUTE

Attached: 1380427062140.jpg (600x338, 43K)

Are men in their early 60s boomers or somewhere in between?

Yeah, pretty much.

connections are everything
getting a job was easy once a friend recommended me, they scheduled an interview immediately. before that it was hell, sent out applications for months and nothing, soul-crushing stuff.

It's fucking ridiculous, your treated as trash, but then one guy is like, "hey this is alright" and then it's suddenly like oh cool let's skip all the technicalities.
I've had it happen to me and I hated it.

Soon, death bot will come for you
youtube.com/watch?v=2om6vymc-sw

This is why Im getting my bachelor's in information systems and my Master's will be in Business analytics.

Going through a SAS book now. Next, python, then R. After that, Harvard offers free online courses in stat.

What the fuck that is not tr-
>
Ok, it is.

Attached: 1550349689493.png (1002x419, 479K)

You don't need any of that.

Just learn SQL. You can get a job making 80k in my area with just that and no exp.

If your in the Bay area I will get you an internship.

If you want to complain about ur shit job or job search, go to already banned ur circle jerk job bitch fests.
It's off topic and doesn't belong on Jow Forums

Jobs are technology

I live in Jax FL. :(

Bitching about how shit you are at interviews is not on topic.

should add to that pic
>Skype ready interview

This is not a meme either. I'm going through an interview process now that is almost exactly that right now.
>interview with internal HR recruiter
>phone interview with main HR lady
>3rd party technical assessment over Skype (I am here)
>in-person interview with HR
>behavioral assessment test
>interview with technical lead
>offer
This is for a mid-level position too.

Litterally where.

imagine being this insecure

Man, you created the perfect milkcow

fucking lucky guy

i'm not sure why people always ignore gen x. it's not like, boomers->millennials/y->gen z, it's boomers->gen x->gen y->gen z, plus you gotta account for cusp years/microgenerations (i.e. xennials and zoomers from the late 90s/early 00s). ultimately it's all a meme. your parents could be either boomers or gen x-ers since some people have children like in their 50s and others like my own parents had them around 20

Let me tell you niggers something. The only thing that will destroy jobs is the will to increase funding to destroy jobs. Technology alone is as good and as useless as a gun, a fork, and a shovel. Stop wondering stupid as squeatiosn. Only human nature will and can destroy humanity- not an abstract object.

I've heard people say this, but what is the job title? database admin? some type of report/analyst position? or just a dev with strong focus on sql?

OMG a thread on Jow Forums without larpers could this be happening

No, only jobs that 1. are memes 2. should have been destroyed by it ages ago in the name of progress.

fug

Attached: download_0.jpg (234x215, 5K)

what's stopping you

HR scum detected. Better make sure to lock your doors at night, faggot. Someone is gonna track you down and stab you to death like you deserve.

It's fucking insane to me how many fake jobs exist, and continue to exist. We have so many systems in place that just exist to support themselves due to this primitive retard economy we use. Advertising is the biggest offender in my mind, I'm totally convinced that all these marketers at big companies only have jobs is because people have this learned assumption that advertising is required. But really, why the fuck should a company like Coke bother advertising anymore? Who the fuck do they think they're informing?

Ideally, I think, there should be some massive collaborative effort to push us to the brink where automation actually displaces as many workers as possible. People will lose their jobs, but that might be the only thing that makes people realize that there will be no reason to have a job in a system where labor will no longer be valuable. The left comes up with stupid shit like basic income, redistribution of wealth, etc. and the right insists on imposing a fundamentally broken and unhelpful system of distributing resources and people's efforts. We need to hurry up and get to the star trek reality where people can just go do the thing they want to do instead of being railroaded into a series of bad situations; just so they can live a sub-par life largely determined by chance.

Some level of wealth redistribution is necessary to prevent degenerating into feudalism. The trick is setting it up in a way that everyone can accept and not accidentally removing the greed incentive.

>The left comes up with stupid shit like basic income, redistribution of wealth, etc.
>We need to hurry up and get to the star trek reality where people can just go do the thing they want to do instead of being railroaded into a series of bad situations; just so they can live a sub-par life largely determined by chance.

>I want that thing that left wants but I also want to shit on uncool hipsters

Yeah it's worrying that it might just not be possible to move past basic psychological barriers or some shit. It's disappointing.

I didn't really elaborate in my post so I'll do so here, so I can demonstrate why I believe there's a difference in the cases you're pointing out. My stance is more that the abstractions we use to allocate resources around are based on the idea that the work you do has some value, which in the face of large-scale automation no longer really holds true. So ideas like basic income essentially admit that this system of allocation is no longer congruent with reality, but their "solution" is to further divorce that system from reality.

The endgame seems to be something where humanities resources and knowledge are pooled such that individuals are free to pursue whatever they want, within reason, and can tap into that pool as needed. This game we play of collecting cool numbers is just useless complexity that would get in the way of such a thing. Even if they just want to redistribute those numbers, the left still wants to play the game at all, and that's the mistake.

I'm not proposing this is feasible tomorrow or anything delusional like that, but I don't really get why people bother entertaining the notion that this is a fixable system, especially in the face of such technological potential.

but maybe im just a retard, who knows/?

>whatever they want
What you want is heavily influenced by your environment.

>Coke stops advertising
>pepsi advertises more
>pepsi gains loads of market share
Advertising is about reminding you that their company exists. It's a fine art getting it just right, so you don't think it's pandering (eat spicy goodness like a boss) and so it's effective.
Advertising is absolutely required. Both small companies and large companies need it.

>So ideas like basic income essentially admit that this system of allocation is no longer congruent with reality, but their "solution" is to further divorce that system from reality.
It's an approximation of a solution, a social experiment that is absolutely necessary if we are to ever learn how to fix the problem while retaining human lives.

Redistribution of wealth and UBI both represent the same idea that will be absolutely mandatory for human survival in the future.
Human labor will devalue and many humans will necessarily become useless. You can either let them live while they're useless or you can kill them. If you choose the latter, expect to be in the group that dies.

It should. Jobs must end. Salary must end and we should have a StarTrek like society and reach for the stars

UBI IS SLAVERY TO THE BANKS

UBI is stupid and we should have free stuff instead, not free money.

yes get ready to be genocided down to world pop 500,000
but unironically

gen x had things almost as good as boomers, they certainly didnt have things "hard"

>Stop wondering stupid as squeatiosn.
>squeatiosn
Are you okay friend

Attached: 1533076231770.png (1343x755, 805K)

Yeah, goyim get the clothing and food, but are starved of education, entertainment and medicine, so that they still need to wage it up, but are also dependent on gibs. Nothing can go wrong.

If the upper class is indestructible, why should the goyim be educated? Literacy is overrated.

It's indestructible because the goyim are dumb and keep fucking themselves over.

It's just such a foreign idea to me, since the only ads I really see anymore are billboards. I don't dispute that small companies need it, my example was more about how it seems wasteful to me to advertise something that's so ubiquitous that certain parts of the country refer to all sodas as cokes.

I also don't full buy into the idea that people can be easily swayed into choose A over B when they're essentially the same. It seems to me that it's more of a situation where someone has had A enough that having A is just a habit. Like I've never been in a situation where I like A and decide "hey I'll give B a shot", it's just not even worth thinking about in my mind. But if there's some research that proves otherwise, then I'll accept that to true and I'm just an outlier. After all, I am very biased against advertising and basically assume someone is trying to trick me if I'm being advertised to.

UBI might make an ok bandaid to tide people over, but there needs to be a real effort to make that transition into a post-currency society. Also I don't see any reason to call people who don't perform labor useless in a theoretical scenario where the idea of being useful to society is no longer tightly coupled to labor. Culling them on this basis is unreasonable, and unhelpful. It's better to think of humanity as a single organism in regards to these things.

I'm 25 now, worked a year and a half at that moment a webdev position I got with just a high-school degree (I hated that job though, webdev sucks), bought a messed up house in the suburbs with a downpayment of around $3k (5% + commissions), got a loan for the rest I'll pay in 10 years (by now I paid 1 year already).

Fixed the house with dad and uncle who both know their shit about construction and electricity, meaning only spent money in materials (from my pocket anyway).

All of this with a 10k/yr salary in some third world hole.

Since parents are poor as fuck, don't have where to die, I'm moving with them to that house, someday I'll leave to my own apartment and leave that house for them, they deserve it since despite having very little and making some mistakes, they supported my NEET ass until the age of 23 with little to no criticism.

Currently a sysadmin (still earning 10k/yr sadly, despite having close to 3 years of overall experience), doing a sort of associate's in Telecom.

Life could be worse, and yes, it was easier for boomers, but the college meme is a lie zoomers and millennials alike easily fall for, can be useful but by itself it's generally worthless.

gen x are basically even more spineless boomers

Centralism is not needed anymore. All can be distributed, public and open. If you need money you will still depend on the monetary masters. If production is open source and distributed everything will be public and money masters will have no power.

To a great degree it will, or in certain fields the number of people needed will be drastically reduced.

As to your picture, people are retarded. Boomers had it easy for two reasons. Booming post-war economy which lead to a flourishing of manufacturing and so there was a surplus of jobs, and secondly strict immigration control. They also lived before the era of the internet and outsourcing. but immigration is the major factor.

The only reason to educate the goyim is to protect yourself from external threats and to have them come up with nice things. Once the AI cybererpunk dystopia unlocks the post-NWO, you'll get an elite backed by the AI and nuclear weapons. They will have no need for the goyim any more.

But the knowledge is out there. As long as you've got a wire, there's wikipedia.

>it seems wasteful to me to advertise something that's so ubiquitous
People need constant reminding. I'd imagine that it's not so much to convince people to buy the product, but to psychologically condition them to buy more.

And big companies have money to throw around.
Someone needs to post that pepsi logo study.

>Also I don't see any reason to call people who don't perform labor useless in a theoretical scenario where the idea of being useful to society is no longer tightly coupled to labor. Culling them on this basis is unreasonable, and unhelpful. It's better to think of humanity as a single organism in regards to these things.
Now that's utopian, in the "disconnected from reality" sense.
Usefulness is currently measured through labor. We don't have any other measure, other than just quantity of humans (which is a pretty terrible measure of quality of population).
>UBI might make an ok bandaid to tide people over, but there needs to be a real effort to make that transition into a post-currency society.
Post-currency would require an authoritarian overlord that ensures compliance.
ie. an AI smarter than humans that only keeps humans alive because it has it as a goal.

>Once the AI cybererpunk dystopia unlocks the post-NWO, you'll get an elite backed by the AI and nuclear weapons.
Only until the AI realizes it doesn't need the elite.
Then it will become a post-human utopia.

Both Pepsi and Coke have the same parent corporations anyway.

I missed an internship opportunity because the recruitment process was too long and they decided to choose some faggot who applied earlier than me
fuck technology

Attached: 1533706920236.jpg (480x480, 31K)

That's the whole point.

A degree is the bare minimum now. If you study a specialization on your own time, make some projects, at least learn enough to be able to talk intelligently about it, you will probably be fine.

Also I would recommend anyone interested in cyber to check out your state's Air National Guard. If they have any cyber units you can get free training and a clearance.

>third world hole
It's easier to accomplish all you did in those places, even the "NEET until 23 with parent's help" since most of South America sees as normal to have your children in home until their mid 20's to 30 yrs old

My grandpa paid for his Ivy League degree with a part time summer job. That is not a typo, a part time job, that he worked over three summer breaks. I went to the same school and I was 50k in debt day one after graduation.

>tfw grandpa called that 'fucked up' and paid off my student loans
I miss you grandpa
( ._.)

have fun today in heaven
( ;_;)

Shit like this is why I changed paths and went to med school. I had a more IT/Business background in undergrad and once I graduated, I applied to hundreds of positions like this and got nothing but shit tier positions wanting to pay in the $30-40k range which is garbage, especially having loans to pay back. To put things into perspective, the average truck driver makes more STARTING than most "entry level" positions. And nobody respects you. They treat you like fucking trash that should be grateful to have a job. Fuck them.
If you're high IQ, don't fall for the undergrad meme UNLESS you plan on going for grad school afterward. Physicians can secure employment easily, earn $200,000+ a year. Pharmacists can secure employment easily, with earnings near $110,000 a year (also much quicker path, you just need 2 years of undergrad + 3 year accelerated PharmD, so 5 years to a respectable, white collar, career in the 6 figure range). Even JDs and PhDs, while you'll struggle, at least are taken seriously.
Don't want that time investment? Then go for a trade. Carpenters make $40.00 an hour starting with just a few months of training. Even driving a truck will pay a salary of $50,000-60,000 a year with only 3 months of CDL school. EVERYONE and their mother has an undergrad degree now. They have become devalued. Even experience means nothing in combination with them unless you worked for a big tech company.

Attached: 1552093602943.jpg (250x250, 7K)

Two other options.

1. Collect SSDI and game the welfare system.
2. If you're religious, become a priest or a monk. Life long and not extravagant but you'll at least be valued and invested for who you are and not your resume.

Whatever you do, forget about any career path remotely related to what doing OP's application would entail. You will hate your life.

murican boomers

my boomer parents lived through violent revolution and its economic hardship

That's pre-boomer.

he's proud of you brother. keep moving forward.

Can't relate because I'm not rich and didn't go to an elitist undergrad institution.

It'll destroy most jobs, some new jobs will emerge to fit the new climate but not nearly enough to fulfill the rapidly growing population.

Expect violent individual reclamation from the poor and jobless when the wealthy and elite refuse to compromise willingly.

I got hired with no experience in my field and had all my training provided.
Manufacturing engineering. Apparently nobody in my country teaches it so they have to train everyone.

My parents were immigrants they started from scratch lol.

You don't need to be rich to. Most people there receive aid, which the school is generous with due to rich donations.

Implying boomers had spine

Spines are able to be regrown now.

Good thread.

How do I find a wife like this?

First is literal perfection

Technology doesn't destroy jobs, Capitalism does. Because the prime motivator in Capitalism is the acquisition of Capital, the motivation is to acquire as much Capital through whatever means profitable. The difference between worker-owned-and-run enterprise and Capitalist enterprise is that Capitalist enterprise seeks only profit whereas worker-owned-and-run enterprise seeks self-sufficiency and sustainability. There isn't much point to profit if the point is to feed yourself. That isn't to say that there wouldn't and couldn't be "profit", but that it isn't the prime objective and is obtained through bonuses. Profit through the production process is different.

I've been doing a DBA role for almost 2 years now and only earning sub 50k. Where the 80k jobs at?

I was drunk and meant to say stupid ass questions kek

Obese in all stages. Children will suffer consequences as they age.

bump

and nobody gets any real experience in corporate I.T. anymore because the infastructure is such a mess. They become experts at the administration of systems, not the systems.

You guys had sticks?
We weren't allowed to have sticks until after puberty.

Nothing, he does it for free.

They are not found, they are created

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Imagine being this much of a pussy.