What’s the closest thing I can get to the size of a Raspberry Pi that I can pop in an i7 CPU...

What’s the closest thing I can get to the size of a Raspberry Pi that I can pop in an i7 CPU, attach a desktop hard drive, and basically create the smallest, kick ass, meme of a pc humanly possible?
Also, can I use my old Xbox One hard drive for anything? (Thinking about building an actual PC, but nigging out by using an old 640gb drive, along with Xbox drive as well.)

Attached: 8333FA3A-2D3E-4DE8-A5E0-CF3EEF8A72C9.jpg (600x450, 310K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KNiMH1VYy8c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Google "NUC computer" and i7, I believe you can get i7 compatible NUC motherboards which are around ~6-7" square.

it's called a nuc

Probably a flex atx mobo

NUC unless you want a GPU. If you want a GPU you will need some overpriced meme case like the Louqe Ghost

youtube.com/watch?v=KNiMH1VYy8c

Yeah it's a nuc. Closest thing in a pi-ish form factor is the LattePanda Alpha which is supposed to be as powerful as a macbook pro. I'm switching my desktop to a LP Alpha on a Vesa mount soon I think.

The little panda seems cool. Tiny computer that’ll run Windows 10.
The NUC also seems cool, but it’s more of a laptop, correct?
How about smallest motherboard that you can hook up a GPU to? (Can be external)

no a nuc isn't a laptop, it's literally just about the size of a brick, maybe a bit smaller and meant for desktop use

Can you hook up a graphics card though?

While we’re in the subject fellas, why couldn’t you cluster a few Pi’s to increase the CPU power, then somehow attach a GPU?

nope, just onboard graphics unless you go the external graphics route which usually hits performance a bit because of data transfer speeds

The Hades Canyon NUCs have reasonable video performance.
Or you wait until christmas for AMD to release their new chips.

You don't seem to understand what a NUC is. If you're planning to use your own graphics card, the smallest you can go is MiniITX. If you need to go smaller, you need to embrace integrated graphics.

>cluster a few Pi’s to increase the CPU power
You think this is a fucking anime, user? You really believe computer parts can just do a dance and fusion together into better parts? Do you even have the first clue how software works? Have you ever programmed a computer? Have you ever even SEEN a computer? Get the fuck out of my sight until you have at least a basic grasp of the fundamentals of computation

Attached: are you sure.png (1000x1000, 492K)

Get something with thunder bolt that you can use an external gpu with

What do you mean?

LOL UwU

I guess a mini ITX is probably my best bet then..
Really wanted to build a micro PC for the flex.
>feelsbadman

Attached: 0145B080-FF04-4ED2-BB07-43E5D90F7B39.jpg (1029x768, 324K)

Traditional PCs use giant cards because the GPU needs fast PCIe lanes to communicate directly with the CPU. Thunderbolt is essentially PCIe but miniaturized into a cable. Some versions of USB 3 support it. Check the features on your mobo. Ask the general for more details.

>Ask the general for more details.
kek
do you actually think the g in /csg/ /hpg/ et cetera stands for general, because you are talking to a person in the rank of general?

Get a mini stx board. 5x5