Haven't updated in over a month

>haven't updated in over a month
I'm scared

Attached: 1492063415410.png (627x722, 89K)

>haven't updated in over a month
>this is entirely routine
>even if I wait several more months to update, nothing will break when I do

Attached: 1524047190414.png (602x500, 26K)

>debian
I haven't updated in half year and I'm not planning to anytime soon.

Just dd your main drive into a spare before embarking on your wonderful adventure.

enjoy your 54% reproducibility when upgraded to buster

As opposed to what, 0% reproducibility with literally any other distro that doesn't compile from source?
What a faggot.

Is that really a problem?

Ive been using arch for 2 months now and I've never had anything break from an update.

Updating it after 3 months deleted my .xsession and basically whole .config folder. Meme distro requires meme problems.

I can't think of a single scenario where that would happen. It makes no sense.

I wouldn't believe it either if it wouldn't happen to me.

kek every time I forgot to update for too long arch necked itself
aur is great and all but this distro is a meme to maintain, gentoo is much more stable

>update every hour on the hour
>everything is fine

WORKS ON MY MACHINE YOU FAG

nothing broke

Attached: happy.png (512x512, 142K)

I remember this when I used arch for the duration of 2014. Glad to see they haven't fixed this shit.

>aptitude
>not breaking

KEK!

just make an scheduled job that updates arch every hour
(i haven’t actually done this but i’ve thought about it)

Just check the website. I've updated after months a few times, no issues.
Haven't been for me

I don't understand why large breaks between updates would break something that wouldn't be broken when frequently updating.

sometimes updates requiere manual intervention because something important changed or whatever. the breakage meme comes from the fact that normal people rarely check the website for update warnings, so if it's been months and you haven't checked the website you might have missed one of those posts therefore you'll end up fucking your shit up by updating blindly.

arch very very rarely breaks something when updating otherwise.

There shouldn't be update warnings. The distro maintainers should fix that shit before the update goes out instead of making me do it.

Wouldn't that still be a problem if you updated every day and didn't check for those posts?

They actually push packages to testing and then up to release but who the fuck knows what will happen with rolling-release distro you didn't updated in months. It's easier to check compatibility and errors against stable releases.

>very rarely
fuck off, I had arch break on me so many times due to the nvidia driver, to which the general community response was to install the driver separately and never update it

Imagine world where maintainers would actually cared about thing called compatibility.

just upgraded to 18.04 lads
can tell they trying to make the interface more normie friendly, don't know how I feel about it

I kind of like it to be honest

Attached: 1465748365710.png (620x621, 337K)

>not using this glorious distro

Attached: smug_gentoo_pepe.png (602x500, 27K)

>nvidia driver
well yeah, it's shit pretty much everywhere
People should just setup IFTTT or something to email them if there's a new post. Or pacman should notify users before updating that there's a new post.

no

op is most likely a debian nigger

i have -suy'd once a year, guess what? no problem

xubuntu has already been normie friendly