Can ARM kill x86 meme?

Attached: 002.jpg (1600x1200, 315K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V1yl2iRSR0U
cpu-world.com/CPUs/Puma/AMD-A10-Series A10 Micro-6700T.html
reveried.com/article/arm-processors-nearing-performance-parity-with-x86
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

whats up with that little funny guy?

No clue, but I'm convinced the fates of windows and x86 are tied together. If one falls so will the other.

dobby has 2 socks on

DOBBY IS A FREE ELF

Didn't one of these things die?

Christ I hope so. More like xGAYty6, amirite?

Not YET. Currently something like the snapdragon 835 is still having a hard time competing with intel celery trash. 8CX might change that, maybe that'll get close to core2duo performamce.

youtube.com/watch?v=V1yl2iRSR0U

Her genes got furked up

yes

It already has in normie land.

Hopefully RISC-V will instead

I mean, Apple's ARM chipset is already nearing or surpassing high-end workbook performance.

Nope. Currently ARM is worse than x86 for anything but very low powered mobile applications. To displace x86 on the desktop, ARM needs to not just be better, but be WAY better for a long span of time. Better enough to overcome the huge compatibility deficit. Only then will ARM start to make inroads.

>* in high cache, low memory intense use only integer.

kys intel shill

>To displace x86 on the desktop
Which is OBVIOUSLY the only market.
(I don't think ARM will beat x86 soon. But who knows in 5-10-20 years?)

>Which is OBVIOUSLY the only market.
It's not the only one, but it's a big one, and ARM can't "kill" x86 without killing it on the desktop.

It's not that simple, see While full blown ATX systems will disappear in a couple of years, ITX systems especially once AMD stops being a fucking faggot and releases APUs with 4GB/8GB of onboard HBM will fucking explode in popularity.

dont get it, arent all apple laptops made with arm processors?

lolwut? Their angry bird tablets are but not their computers.

>me

Attached: index.jpg (58x91, 2K)

Go find me an apple computer with an angry birds processor than runs mac os. I'll wait.

I think he was calling himself retarded, not you.

youre absolutely right, dunno where I got that idea from Im retarded

This, you either pay out of the ass with intel's cuckold sff i7+vega swiss cheese boxes or you shoot yourself in the foot an a 2200g system with laptop RAM that tanks CPU AND GPU performance compared to a similar one with trident z 3400mhz cl14 gaymen ram.

What we REALLY need is for AMD to stop being wankers and release an updated quad-core APU for tablets to crush both apple and android. Their puma A10 micro was pretty based at the time desu, too bad intel bribed the fuck out of OEMs to not use it.

cpu-world.com/CPUs/Puma/AMD-A10-Series A10 Micro-6700T.html

But the tablets will probably run Windows, meaning they'll be worthless.

I'm pretty divided on that one desu because qemu kvm would be able to run x86 android anyway. Or bluestacks if you're a turbo normie.

No, x86 is eternal

Guess I was more appealing to the general market based on your saying it would crush iOS/Android, but yeah, I think you or I could get some use out of a system like that for sure.

Nah, ARM has no agreed upon system architecture unlike x86's ISA
The last thing we need is to regress to a time where software must be developed and configured for specific models of computers

>atx will die any day now
You may have had a point if every time a motherboard chipset is released a good chunk of them are mATX/ITX but more often than not it's almost exclusively ATX boards with the token mATX board

I don't think ARM will trump x86 on desktops and laptops. But For servers I see potential. Lower power requirements mean less spent on power and cooling.

ARM is a meme, kill yourself.

Attached: 1549716037352.png (679x680, 80K)

That's a myth, while they are low power they're also very low perf. See At best a custom A73/75 octa core chip with an assload of pci-express lanes would be able to compete with power9 stuff on databases. That's about it.

I hope not. ARM is even shittier and more locked down than x86.

Why did they get glasses for them? It's not like they can process in any rational or intellectual level the information they might be able to see.

You know, but for real, isn't there a situation where twenty octacores A53 will do better? Because they're going for like $40...

I can imagine pararellized computing tasks, where you simply don't price performance outperform cluster of those.

ARM is the meme

>x86
bloatware

Anyone who works in a large enterprise hardware shop knows ARM is a meme that customers and vendors keep around as a bargaining chip to receive better pricing from Intel. "gimme discount or we buy/push an ARM based equivalent"

yep. Thank god for it. 17ish years of suffering all while her month profited from her.

Do you know what you're even asking for?
I will tell you what you're asking for.
The x86 is tied forever with an "archaic architecture", the IBM PC, one that have truly standard interfaces and memory locations, one you can ALWAYS count with it running your shit.
ARM on the other hand have NO STANDARD whatsoever, so they can do infinite closed down evil with it.
Completely incompatible machines locked down by the evilest DRM you can think of.
Spying programs embedded deep into the hardware.

Yes, ARM already surpassed highly-throttled macbooks.

The way the parents have whored these kids out on the internet is sickening.

>Udindu
KEK

Arm is a meme and is probably worse than x86. RISC-V is the future and by the time arm catches up to Intel RISC-V will be out blowing both of them out of the water.

no, but hopefully risc-v can

Every new Mac has a T-series ARM security coprocessor.. in addition to the Intel CPU.

jesus fucking christ, that's like having a house with no doors or windows

me on the right

Fuck ARM. OpenPOWER is the future. Open firmware, and powerful chips

There are ARM applications that are just as powerful as their x86 counterparts, please do not confuse interface with functionality. Its not like the average business PC is used for anything but documents, media and connectivity. Mobile(including laptops) has changed the way people work, follow the money and all development is in the mobile side of business... ARM will win that fight.

you do realize it's 2019 right?

Maybe. This article goes in depth about it, particularly about how powerful Apple’s SoCs are getting
reveried.com/article/arm-processors-nearing-performance-parity-with-x86

>muh 2kb benchmarks = real world speed
kill yourself brainlet

Attached: 1521603752077.png (942x810, 425K)

Oh right, sorry. Angery Birbs HD Star Wars 2019©®™

> imagine being this stupid

He get assrape in r/hardware and hacker news, but muh benchmark

it already is