Why are Noctua fans such an ugly colour?

Why are Noctua fans such an ugly colour?

Attached: FG05RNC_167176_800x800.jpg (800x800, 72K)

>having shit taste

To match with your 80's vacuum cleaner themed computer.

Good plastic material that abosorbs vibrations like crapy cheap black plastic

Brand recognition.

tramp stamp

Why do you care about the color of the fans? You're not one of those subhumans with a window to see your computer parts are you?

Brown doesn't go with anything. Even if you had a brown motherboard, to go with your brown fans.

It's a great color. You're not a child anymore, you don't have to associate it with poo.

Attached: NF-A12x25.jpg (1080x675, 80K)

Because youre not supposed to show the guts of your PC, you're not a fucking kid anymore

>choosing components based on matching colors
what even is Jow Forums

>hating chocolate/coffee colors.

Because I won't buy something I consider ugly. Noctua make good fans, but they look hideous in brown. Their logo is brown also. The 1970's are never coming back!

I like how their Blacked versions run 1C warmer. That's what you get for being illogical snobs.

their coloration is the reason I buy them
I want something other than white or black and Noctua delivers

So things won't look as bad when

the shit hits the fan.

Old German worker safety legislation required that electronics be neutral off-white colors. Ever wonder why computers used to be beige?

color of plastics affects its properties.

They aren't. It's just your taste.

I don't really think they look bad. They aren't obnoxious so y shit and they aren't the same old black shit. Perfect balance imo.

You literally never see it? Do you care what color an oil filter is?

>pigment having anything to do with vibration absorption
its just their meme tactic to have a recognizable brand

most pc fans are black - you gotta be retarded to like pc fans for their color ... noctua did that to stand out + it kinda went with their logo "owl ... wood thingy" wholesome shit

Look nice to me, I have two 140mm for CPU cooling. I like how they contrast with the rest of the black in the case.

You can get them in different colours you know?

When you see it you know what it is its pretty genius it helps they're some of the best fans out there. They have been coming out with other colors though.

Brown is the new sexy, faggot. Deal with it.

they purposely choose the ugliest colors which no one else would ever use to be distinctive

Who cares what they look like, you're hiding them away in a box forever.

Not if you're using a case with a window in it

Attached: window.jpg (643x1000, 65K)

What kind of fag uses a case with a window in it

Kinda like what Zeppelin did with their fourth album, its to prove that people buy them for their quality and performance and not for asthetics.

Anyone who bought a case after 2008?

>buy a noise dampening case
>no winders

Attached: zoomer.jpg (412x517, 39K)

The brown colour is legitimately nice, I don't get the problem?

Nah sounds like you're just a homosexual ricer m9.

Upgrade your system poorfag. That Fm2+ chip wont last you forever.

>tfw bought LED fans
>they are inside and out of view

Attached: IMG_20180913_150729.jpg (3120x4160, 1.95M)

They've lost one customer here.

you can buy older models in black

/thread

Attached: StarIce-1.jpg (360x362, 27K)

>buy spray paint
>recolor them
HOLY SHIT THAT WAS DIFFICULT

Noctua also makes black fans, OP is just softly trolling

brown makes it more expensive. what are you? poor?

>fuck with the fine-tuned fan balancing by coating extra paint layers on

congrats on knowing nothing about the finer details of intricate product design you stupid fucking faggot

/thread

winner

All the ones I see on ebay are brown. Gross!

>oh look a disgusting poop coloured fan
>I will totally buy that...
>...
>...not!

>implying brown isn't literally the most comfy color
>maybe ever

>brown
>not god tier

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 151K)

Seriously I can't imagine how people even like bright lights inside their PC, you won't even look at it for more than 2 minutes and that too just once after you install it.
I personally avoid buying parts if they have RGB and if I can't then I just turn the light off like I did with my GPU.
On my cooler master case which I bought 7 years ago had a red light on the front fan and there was no option to turn the light off so I cut off its wire for the LED.

Only thing that has light on inside my computer is gpu, good indicator if pc is off/sleeping

>lexus

>based and redpilled: the fan

if the color of shit is what you like then i understand

You see a noctua fan, you fucking know it's a noctua fan.
You can't say the same for coolershit or one of the other brands.

Real talk, you can just buy their other product lines usually if it bothers you that much, I have some of their industrial fans on my GPU rad and they're just like any other fan.

Chromax exists

Attached: NF-F12-PWM-CH-BK-S-l.jpg (960x1382, 142K)

better question is what kind of retard spends $20 on a fan?

The same that spends $1000 on a intel nuclear reactor and needs every help possible to keep the thing under 80c.

I like the colour though, it looks very industrial, like a fan from a tiny HVAC system

So why don't you just buy the black or grey version you fucking retard?

Attached: noctua_nf_p14s_1_4.jpg (2769x2960, 1.08M)

>let's pack cheap plastic around this heatsink to insulate it

>colors that aren't black
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>having a window on your tower
You have to be 18 to post here.

What are you even talking about?

Red green yellow blue bumpers.

white on black is pretty good, too.
I'm using brown on black, myself.

these are objectively the best looking fans ever made
could only be improved with a thin light strip like AMD wraith max

Attached: corsair-air-series.png (800x1022, 329K)

It's a great color scheme.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

kill yourself. and the other gay window case ricer that I won't bother to quote.

FUCKING BIONICLES

And black.
Nothing wrong with additional options.

brand recognition and they want to convey that they are reliable and solid (brown and white). Neutral colors don't cause conflicts from interior design/aesthetic fags either.

They are the polar opposite of the RGB cancer.

it's just branding. Sure, the color is a bit off off-putting, but that's kind of the point. When you see a brown fan, you know it's a damn good fan, and you know it's a Noctua fan.

Because I buy used off of ebay, and they are all brown!

>Jewmax
Noctua went all-out to grab shekels with those. You only get enough rubber bits for one side of the fan (more available as a seperate purchase) and the cables are short as shit to encourage you to buy their Jewmax extension cables. They even made the packaging cheap shit compared to the normal ones and include zero accessories that come with the normal ones. I guess black dye is really expensive.

Attached: female merchant.jpg (1558x1634, 316K)

Its oddly comforting like my linen suit and brown leather shoes.

No. All black. Colors look childish. Black looks professional. It also optimizes your PC for watching Blacked content.

I don't want to pay for childish options I will never use.

Pohatua

Cables are probably short to stop (you) REEEEEEEEEing about having too much wire sitting around in your PC.

That's bullshit though. They come with a literal 1cm hardwired cable (completely useless for any purpose) and a 30cm extension cable. Which is not only fucking stupid design by itself, but completely useless in general and especially for your excuse of cable management. How can you run 31cm of cable in a way that's unobtrusive?

Obviously you can't run it around back into the cable management area and then out again, because it's not long enough. If your case has a fan hub around back, it likely won't reach that either. So all you're left with is direct, ugly connections to motherboard headers, with no cable management possible, which is the stupidest, most obtrusive way there is to connect a fan.

Instead you get to deal with daisy-chained extension cables if you want to actually cable manage anything. Pay up, goy.

Attached: I guess they never miss, huh.jpg (744x1003, 96K)

wow that fucking sucks
I do kind of understand about the rubber bits because you still get 4 in every colour.

So when are they going to release the new nh-u12? I heard it was supposed to be sometime this month but wasn't given an exact date.

Function over form.

Attached: 1552195665244.jpg (576x503, 83K)

based and redditpilled

to filter out people like you who care more about looks than performance.

Attached: 1547256311910.jpg (827x965, 249K)

>not buying noctua fans exactly for its lovely looks

Attached: 1544187527564.png (300x300, 131K)

I see you're a man of taste as well.

Noctua fanboys are pajeets?

Attached: 1537326964055.jpg (750x750, 102K)

Hardly.

they aren't for us non-poors

Attached: na_chromax.jpg (650x370, 118K)

Brown goes with pink and baby blue

But OP said noctua fans are ugly color. Did OP mean black then?

>I made a post to show everyone I'm poor

How strange

>Black looks professional
why do I want my guts to look professional?

CURSE YOU YOU FUCKING SPIC

Better question is why do you care? If you have a case with a window you are a literal fucking child.

it was supposed to be like a desert camo but it was a fail and now they have to stick with it for the brand recognition. sure, generic colors like pic related aren't much better but maybe like a snow camo would work better

how does the brown help the function in any way

Attached: corsair_co_9050011_ww_sp120_quiet_high_static_1032230.jpg (1000x1000, 106K)

Nah case windows are legit.need to be able to prove you can into cable management