Always leave office on time

Always leave office on time

Attached: photo_2016-07-31_11-44-10.jpg (517x800, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

it.slashdot.org/story/04/07/02/182243/indian-president-advises-open-source-approach
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>his boss isn't family

So much this. It's sad to see all these millenial programmers kissing management ass and generally looking at their noses. They just grew up in the wrong generation and have no point of reference.

I don't work so I don't have this problem

The dumb Google faggots who live, eat, and recreate on campuses. Fucking hell no wonder there is such outrage when they step out and everything is not how it is in their bubbles.

>not getting to work early

at least post the color version

Attached: always-leave-office-on-time.jpg (780x1009, 200K)

>tf workplace is more comfy than home
fuck off

Thanks, doc.

When most NPCs come home they have to deal with a nagging wife and screaming children. It's no wonder they stay so late at work.

Having worked at Google, I can say only the fools did that shit. I had everything worked out, I showed up around 10:30-10:45, basically towards the end of the "late" crowd but still slightly before our team standup meeting. I also wanted to get a good workout in, but if I left early, that would be obvious. So I would just work out in the office gym from roughly 2-3:30, which was when so many people had meetings nobody really kept track of where anybody was. I also frequently worked in a few different locations so it was never too weird if I wasn't at my desk. I'd be gone by 5:30-5:45 every day, so seven hours max including my gym time (or a nap time if I didn't feel like working out one day).

I got fired for doing this.

Why doesn't the Japanese worker send that to their boss?

the problem is that at least in the states I know of no employer who won't have you shitcanned for "being lazy" (aka ever doing days less than 10 hours long, or taking any of your paltry 2 weeks paid vacations that don't exclude state-sanctioned holiday vacations unlike in most of Europe, etc.).
They want to be able to go beyond bottom-of-the-rung because beside they're usually not paid enough to have a complete life (wife, kids, dog, house and a car) at their current level so they really don't have much choice. That's a big part of why managers are the scummiest people on earth right now: they "made it", now they stop working completely and spend their 6 hours days on facebook and threatening their employees.

I run a software company

I only talk shit about keeping ass on seat to idiots who can't finish up their work on time. The few good programmers I have can come in and leave any time they want, I don't give a fuck (but ironically they are the ones who stay in the office longer because they like solving problems)

What is even the point of you if you just came to work and you were working out on company time and barely worked?

Or they were like me and stayed late cause absolutely no one else is picking up the slack and they are saving themselves the future headache. I had a job where everyone in my lab outside of one woman who was grandma age old actually did work. I learned that I will never trust someone who came from the military at work. The military is filled with incompetent lazy pieces of shit.

Meant to say no one did work besides myself and the grandmother

They did you a favor in the end

But user in thos startup we want to be your family

Assuming minimal meetings, I would generally do one task in the morning for a solid hour or two and one task in the afternoon for a solid hour or two. I was no less productive than before. Now I have a remote gig so I don't need to play these games anymore.

people like this exist in poorly managed companies that make so much money they don't care.

that shit doesn't fly in small cap companies.

I've never worked at a startup-sized company (and don't plan to unless it's my own in the future), but when I was at a 1000 person company before Google, they wanted us to "work more hours." I managed to get a desk in a spot where nobody could see my screen. Played chess online most of the day and spread out my code submissions throughout the day so it wasn't so obvious. I was plenty productive, I just didn't need to do more than 2-4 hours of coding in any particular day. There were so many useless meetings in that job anyway. I did most of my development work during those meetings to avoid falling asleep.

interesting. not my type of job. i'm a floor manager in a production facility. tomorrow i'll be in at 7 am, hop on my forklift, pull and check my pallets, set up my machine, program the software to make it do what it has to do (which btw has to be 100% correct 100% of the time, checksum'd to hell and back), be running by 8 am, tell my retarded nigger employees where to go what to do track them down etc, crack that whip, and i will be on that machine working along side them - often doing the harder more challenging jobs that they can't excel at - all the while on the phone off and on probably ten times a day with my boss handling other issue and checking/sending email on my phone. oh and there's another operator on a similar machine next to me doing about 3/4 of the production with about 1/2 the help, but he's a slow lazy nigger that can't even get started on time but my boss doesn't care so we just fucking deal with it. at least he comes to work every day, unlike the last guy. the last guy was a prodigy, that dude trained me ten years ago. best in the industry, hands down. but he couldn't come to work so he fired himself once he ran out of good boy points. didn't help that he was coming to work drunk.

they will get a half hour lunch break, which i will continue setting up the next job during that time. i'll eat on the go.

we'll be done around 5ish and i have to be to my 2nd job at 6 pm, which takes on average until 9 pm cleaning office buildings which is easy as fuck so i just listen to music or podcasts etc, and field phone calls.

first job is salaried 47k/year (22.82/hr calculated), 2nd job is 200/wk.

Attached: certified shit wrecker.png (816x1020, 400K)

If you got a white west, change into the pharma sector.
Jobs the same but product much more expensive so needs extra care.
Some of the plant workers make a killing, more than we make constructing their assembly lines

I'll be honest I've shown up drunk at work. I just don't really want to spend many hours working so I have time to work on my own hobbies. I don't mind responding to urgent requests when needed either. I just don't want to have to pretend to work the rest of the time if I can avoid it. Thus, working from home.

i feel ya. most everybody has shown up drunk here and there after a long night. shows dedication. you just can't do it daily.

pharma production side of things? interesting. will inquire.

I stayed late for a year and now I make nearly twice as much as a loser who started working there in the same position just before me.

Do you not get paid for leaving late at an office job? I've only ever worked at a grocery store, so I don't know much

No, salaried positions have no overtime pay whatsoever except in select countries (where they would rather fire you for working late too much there because you cost them money).

I care about the health of the company because the people that work there are paying my bills. And you should have pride in your work.

You can't have pride in your work if you work for one of these big companies by definition, and you absolutely shouldn't care about the health of a company that penalizes hard workers and rewards lazy bullies.

>leave office on time
>fap and play vidya till bed time

> first job is salaried 47k/year (22.82/hr calculated), 2nd job is 200/wk.

Lmao. Learn to code.

> Be me
> Work in software engineer
> Go in at 10 a.m., leave by 5 p.m., half days on Fridays.
> Started at 80K a year ago, on track to make $100K by the end of this year, with plenty of room for growth
> At Fortune 500 company with no chance of failing.

GET EARLY
STAY LATE
PAID THE SAME
GOT NO HATE

>he doesn't ninja fap at the office
lmao

Why dont you put in some effort and make it comfier?

i absolutely hate coding, so we're polar opposites. you couldn't pay me 80k a year to code.

>social life
People are boring, my work is not. And I'm talking about hobby work as well.

A company has you hired at will. They can terminate you without warning. Why should you love anyone who has the power to axe you anytime they please?

Exactly. I always find it bizarre when exempt employees work MORE than forty hours a week instead of less. You get paid the same either way. I take the French/German approach. Work efficiently for maybe thirty five hours, including lunch, and leave.

how true do you think it is that japs work crazy hours but are way less productive?

Very true. I worked at a company that had a Japanese office and getting sent there was something people were afraid of. They basically tried to trick people who didn't know into going. They spend so much time in the office and can't leave before their bosses.

Thank you based Kalamji

>They can terminate you without warning
Not everybody lives in burgerland; a lot of countries have laws preventing shit like this. They need to have a good reason, or they can get taken to court.

danke doktor

When did Jow Forums had so much corporate drones? I can understand wanting to get a raise but 'the company cares for me and I should care for it too'? Lmao.

Attached: 1542124229785.png (571x349, 156K)

Jow Forums is lolbertarian corporate indentured wage slavery

Seems to be 50/50 in this thread.

I did this at my last job where it was typical for people to work away from their desk/office. I got in the practice of working in other areas for various reasons like certain cafeteria differences, and occasionally submitting stuff really early while not at my desk to make it ambiguous as to when I was actually leaving.

It's the way to go, man. You should get paid to work, not get paid to hang out in an office. But since you have to keep up appearances, I'd occasionally just commit something at like 6:30.

An Indian with a solid grasp on the English language

Attached: monocle_guy.jpg (987x766, 47K)

Kalam was based, He was also into free software stuff. it.slashdot.org/story/04/07/02/182243/indian-president-advises-open-source-approach

He was working for Indian Space Research Organization.

Honestly most of my Indian coworkers in software have had perfect written English. They just had accents and misused slang on occasion.

I already don't have a family or basically any social life so I don't lose out by spending that time at work.

What if your purpose for working isn't to benefit the company but to improve your own skills? Because you haven't lrn2code yet but you're in a position where you're able to?

>My life is fantastic, now to go to Jow Forums

Good one

I'm an ophthalmic technician and I scrupulously follow our time logging system so that I end up with overtime almost every day despite leaving early.

What a villain
What a brigand

>they will get a half hour lunch break, which i will continue setting up the next job during that time. i'll eat on the go.
Fired