Why is SQL such a difficult language to work with?

Why is SQL such a difficult language to work with?

Attached: images.png (584x525, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.jooq.org/2016/07/05/say-no-to-venn-diagrams-when-explaining-joins/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

there's an initial time investment but it's great after that

I totally agree. I just wish there was one uniform SQL. It seems there are thousands of minute differences depending on which DB you choose.

The core concepts of SQL aren't that hard to understand though, and as a language are very easy to use. It takes me more time to get the syntax right than it does for me to understand what I need to do. This is why ORMs are popular. If only SQL simpler...

Works on my machine.

miss me with that right left inner outer join shit

It's not a imperative language like all the other ones you use so it requires a totally different mindset.

SQL doesn't manipulate just transform for different results.

It's easy as shit, joins are easy once you know them. Joins are basically sets, and sets are like high school math, even less, grade school.

I don't think it's a good language for the job, but it's well tough and works. Unlike ORMs.

It's great once you stop using ORMs.

Someone explain me joins, i never got them

This.

Hibernate was a mistake.

are you kidding? that shit is childs play fr

It's very easy. And once you learn transactions you realize its actual advantages over just storing data in a text file, for example.

SQL has like 20 keywords max, it's easy to learn if you aren't a bitch

>20
Spotted the retard who only installs mysql and doesnt do shit with it afterwards

I'm a PL/SQL programmer and let me tell you it's way more complex than that. It's still easier than, for example a more robust programming language like C++ but it still can get very complex.

Attached: sql-joins.png (1440x811, 163K)

You're lucky I saved this image :)

Attached: 1550447268039.jpg (966x760, 154K)

holy shit nigga, sql literally a psuedo code
if you think sql is hard then start flipping burgers for the rest of your life

get gud

>sql is hard
ask me how i know you hit big with a 10k salary doing web shit with nodejs.

Attached: 0cc782c821856936acd435df44d77894c6735cb38aff42107f8ba7babd804ef9.jpg (675x960, 81K)

inb4 this is not how it works post

You get data from one table and, according to a condition you specify, gets rows from another table. The result is a table with columns from both of these tables. These can fuck right off, they're unintuitive as fuck. Different kinds of joins will just differ in the kinds of rows they get, inner join will only get rows from table 1 that have correspondence in the table 2, left join gets all rows from 1 and attaches whatever it found in table 2, null if it didn't find any fitting row, right is the opposite of all left - all rows from 2, whatever it found from 1, cross join will simply select all combination of rows from 1 and two.

>PL/SQL developer
>Calls others retards

Attached: 76125463.png (671x519, 146K)

Transact-SQL is comfy as fuck, I can even import functions from C# if it's missing something.

>unintuitive
Learn set theory

SQL is easy and comfy, and you HAVE to know it. ORMlets CANNOT compete. They don't understand basic shit like joins and cannot grasp any of the trivial useful basic shit you NEED to know to be productive with databases like aggregate functions, grouping, transactions, etc... Just learn it and git gud

if you can make a ven diagram, then you can use SQL. It's a tried and true system, makes logical sense, and is very easy to understand. In other words,

Explaining Joins using Venn Diagrams
Omega-Brainlets detected.

blog.jooq.org/2016/07/05/say-no-to-venn-diagrams-when-explaining-joins/

If I didn't know beforehand that joins join columns from different tables I wouldn't be any fucking closer to understanding joins. My first thought would be more akin to what union, except and intersect do.

>HTP.prn()
>OWA.get_page()
what kind of psychopath made this shit