Wtf I love multicast now

wtf I love multicast now

Attached: multicast.jpg (950x380, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mebibyte
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What kind of fucking retard made this? Multicast isn't a transport protocol and it doesn't spew data everywhere like a crazy daisy.

Attached: apepe.jpg (306x306, 20K)

fine, PGM

But multicast is UDP.

not always

>TCP
>UDP
Move over. We're going QUIC, a layer on UDP to speed up, reduce latency and increase security

also this:

Attached: fagsss.png (1002x410, 224K)

rfc3208

fixed the op

Attached: waters.jpg (950x380, 49K)

Clearly you've never had 100 MiB/s vomited at your workstation by someone doing a multicast test.

with or without the NACK storm?

No NACK storm, the LAN held up decently well, but the transfer speeds on our SMB shares were shit until l figured out the hostname of the culprit and had one of our sysadmins SSH in and kill the process.

>chrome://flags
enable the "Experimental QUIC protocol"

All/most of your google services will use QUIC now instead of HTTP/S.

please tell me he got fired for that

Honestly I don't think that was a fireable offense. Anyone could've done it.

what kind of job would have someone accidentally about a quarter gbps of multicast onto the network?

That, I can't tell you.

got it, you work at either raytheon or bloomberg.

unicast/broadcast/multicast
tcp/udp

Different things you retard

Replace multicast with broadcast and it's slightly more correct.

AFAIK, QUIC is now going to be in use for HTTP/3, although the QUIC version that's standardized will be different than the one Google originally proposed. Say goodbye to TCP/TLS security. QUIC will replace the two and make it better/faster.

Major backends are already integrating it, like akamai, cloudflare, facebook, netflix, microsoft, etc are doing it already.

You know that webm of the JAV with the women all tied up in a circle and squirting enema juice all over the fucking place? Well, that is more appropriate for the 3rd image.

>100 MiB/s

I don't understand.. The way I learned was.
>mbps - megabits per second
>mb - megabytes

what's a MiB?

Amateur developer building his first socket program.

this isn't a good thing

They're the galaxy defenders.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mebibyte

call me a boomer but thats bullshit, mostly because its not specific what it refers to specially when we already had a unit of measurement for it.

How is it not? TCP was always a gross hack that sort of worked for a wide range of applications. Now we're finally seeing people just say fuck it and implement correct transportation solutions in userspace for the problem.

the network is the problem, the protocol works fine.

imagine if facebook added a new userland network protocol that you didn't control that always phoned home and fingerprinted everything, that's the direction we are going with DNS over HTTP and QUIC.

Mebibyte, 2^20 bytes

Good? Not like TCP or UDP today stops that. Hell given how shitty dnssec is, the long drawn out corporate debate about to tls1.3, I'm glad these tech corporations are btfoing the stupid spying and controlling netadmins have been exploiting for so long.

dude, they ARE the spying netadmins.

I don't know it but I'm interested.

>~30-35% latency speed up
>bad

Redpill me on QUIC and its security improvements/concerns

I need to pick a side

>Google has its own networking protocol
Is there anything left now that's not tainted by this shitty organization?

Encrypted HTTP over UDP. Pushed by Google, maybe because not much hardware right now can intercept and filter UDP. They don't want anybody inbetween.

Source?

why is nothing like this actually used though? not even multicast, let alone newer stuff, is used by any mainstream service

It's to remove confusion about if a megabyte is 1000 kilobytes or 1024 kilobytes.

Google touts QUIC for security and speed improvements, but it's just another garbage protocol that nobody asked for. No business client I work with actually allows QUIC because doesn't work with gateway-based SSL/TLS inspection.