Oculus Quest

>400$
>6DoF tracking, 4 cameras allow much better inside out tracking than Windows Mixed Reality headsets
>IPD slider unlike the Oculus Go
>fan cooled overclocked snapdragon allows for processing power compareable to a Nintendo Switch
>50 launch titles
>curated store so every game must meet 72hz requirements at all times
>no wires or setup required
>no limit on play area size: can be used in a warehouse, a ball court, whereever you feel safe

Is this the future of VR? It‘s obvious at this point PCVR will never sell well

Attached: AAD25F7F-553F-4DAC-A48C-EECE8F5623C4.jpg (1600x1734, 666K)

Other urls found in this thread:

statista.com/statistics/671403/global-virtual-reality-device-shipments-by-vendor/
google.de/amp/s/venturebeat.com/2019/01/24/superdata-vr-grew-30-in-2018-thanks-to-psvr-oculus-quest-will-be-2019s-hit/amp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes. it will take some time for the people that were turned off of vr by google cardboard to realize how much better this is, but it will grow as people demo it to their friends and within a few years these will sell better than traditional game consoles (same price point but much cooler). all the skeptics I've demoed the rift/vive to were sold immediately, the only complaint is price. problem solved.

>giving Facebook 4 cameras in your house

Attached: 1543349071802.jpg (612x612, 68K)

pic related is all you need to know about the state of PC VR
It‘s simply not an option to make games exclusively for Vive/Rift for real real companies. There aren‘t more than 20-30 financially successful VR games on steam.

The truth is, most games like Gorn, Onward etc already look like mobile games because it‘s inexperienced developers making really badly optimized games

Attached: 3483296F-985C-4BE0-B6E9-251A692E8FA0.jpg (1125x1125, 144K)

Big if true

> the only complaint is price.
I mean, not really. I've gotten responses complaining about needing to get a whole gaming PC, about the comfort, about the resolution/clarity/optics, the wire, and general finicky or unintuitive controls. Quest will solve a lot of those problems though.

ok, the *main* complaint, and the only complaint major enough to stop people from buying one, is price

>comfort
never heard this complaint about the rift cv1 or the vive with the deluxe audio strap. some other headsets are uncomfortable but the quest looks fine

>resolution/clarity/optics
some people don't manage to get the headset (especially the rift) sitting properly on their face the first time they use it and that causes severe loss of clarity. in general yeah there is a long way to go. but it is good enough to be immersive. you don't notice it often

>finicky or unintuitive controls
in badly-designed games or with the vive's shitty controllers, yes. good games on the rift are intuitive

needing a PC & the wire are a bit inconvenient but yeah the quest solves them

There's also literally nothing meaningful you can do on this quest pos beside run a handful of ported vr titles on its fucking Mobile phone processor

Why would you ever spend so much on this trash?

many of those ported vr titles are very good, and it's a fast enough processor to run them

it's more fun for the average person than the ps4, which sold 100M units with the same launch price

You play ported vr titles that can be played for cheaper and better on a more powerful PC on a locked down facejew overpriced system with weak hardware.

I'm not getting the appeal.

oh, when you said "ported vr titles" I thought you meant vr titles ported from the rift/vive to the quest. the vast majority of quest titles are not ported 2D games. the only one that comes to mind is superhot, which is a very good port that I found a lot more fun than the original

you clearly have not played any of the good vr games on a good headset. head to an arcade and then maybe you will get the appeal

I did mean titles from oculus / vive

I get the appeal of vr I dont get the appeal of this facejew locked down underpowered pos

>I did mean titles from oculus / vive
ok, then how do you suppose they can be played cheaper and better on a more powerful PC? the quest is $400. the rift is $350. show me a $50 PC that will power it

>50 dollar PC

That wasnt my point. If youre a person who likes video games and doesnt already have a powerful PC what the fuck are you doing? Unless youre arguing for 400 dollar headsets for shitty media.

If you somehow only have 400 dollars and no PC, console or vr headset put the 400 into a PC instead of a locked down jewbook vr set with a handful of good titles that wont last.

have you ever been outside?

normal people do not have gaming PCs. they do buy $400 consoles. and they don't care if they are locked down or produced by facebook

you are not the target market. OP's question was "Is this the future of VR?" and the answer is yes regardless of whether Jow Forums neckbeards are going to buy it

>muh normies

Retard how about talk facts instead of what you perceive is popular with retards? Fucking dumb shill.

Go use your 72hz piece of shit with an old mobile phone chipset and play your half a dozen decent games that are available elsewhere on better platforms, just dont presume to come here and shill it and not get backlash.

I'm not trying to sell the quest, I'm just speculating about how it will fuel the growth of the vr industry

I am not in the quest's target market either. I already have a $4500 vr setup. I have a vive and I don't use any facebook products

I absolutely agree that desktop vr is a better experience and that no one who already owns a vr-ready pc (or a ps4) should be buying a quest. but the quest delivers an adequate experience at a price point that means vr is no longer a niche enthusiast product. that means the industry is about to grow enormously and that benefits us desktop vr users with more games etc. that's what I'm excited about

Is this samefagging or something? Or is it just Jow Forums being literally R***** again? Christ. There is no need for all of that double spacing. You're doing it on a fucking 1-2 sentence basis for god's sake.

they're called paragraphs. go back to kindergarten

How does that refute anything? You are the one that needs to go back. And this thread is shit. Even you should know it'd be a waste of time to keep responding. Just let it die.

You‘re fucking retarded

Keep telling yourself that.

>muh normies
>my 1,4k machine totally has mass market appeal

Whether PC based VR is better is completely irrelevant if nobody is making software for it. And nobody is, except for oculus themselves to sell HMDs or pajeets on steam making shovelware. Have you looked at the upcoming section on the store? Absolutely nothing worthwhile. It‘s dead.

wasn't oculus the one that said it needed 90hz minimum?
I won't be buying a phone vr set for 400 dollars but I am interested at least.

I believe they did say that. imo 90 is ideal but 72 is fine

Will it be able to play beat saber?
If it plays beat saber and super hot I will buy it.

I use a Quest daily for devving AMA

fake news
statista.com/statistics/671403/global-virtual-reality-device-shipments-by-vendor/

bullshit user is bullshitter

beat saber devs responded with smirking smileys whether they are a launch title so basically confirmed

Superhot was already demo‘d at their event last year

until you find me a source that isn‘t behind a paywall fuck off and kys

google.de/amp/s/venturebeat.com/2019/01/24/superdata-vr-grew-30-in-2018-thanks-to-psvr-oculus-quest-will-be-2019s-hit/amp/