>Learn how to build a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

Secure CPUs based on current prices
>CPUs with less than 8 threads have trouble delivering a consistent 60fps+ in some games
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (OC'able on some MSI mobos)
>1600/1700 - for non-gaming. Worse for gaming due to their slow memory latency
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded work use
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper - HEDT

RAM
>Always utilize dual channel with a 2 stick kit
>8GB - For very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - Standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
1080p
>RX 570 - value. May have to lower settings to high in some cases.
>580 / 590 - current generation games on high/maxed 60fps+
>1070 / 1660Ti / Vega56 / 2060 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>580 / 590 8Gb - console-quality settings at 60fps+
>Vega / 2070 / 1070Ti - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>RTX 2080 / Radeon VII / 2080Ti - higher framerates
2160p (4k)
>RTX 2080 / Radeon VII - upscale or lower settings
>RTX 2080 Ti, but poor value.

Storage
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: the cooler she tells you not to worry about.jpg (678x555, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kaspersky.com/blog/35c3-spectre-meltdown-2019/25268/
pcpartpicker.com/list/Hzf3pG
m.newegg.com/products/N82E16814932118
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/gk2Xr6
youtu.be/F92byoMgptU
pcpartpicker.com/product/hqmxFT/aoc-monitor-g2260vwq6
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824475002&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
pcpartpicker.com/list/d2f3pG
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>recommending 580/590 for 1440p
Kill yourself, retard.

Do not bump this retarded op

>namefag OP
>can be easily ignored
Just check the previous thread's OP for significantly better advice

At the time of this post there are
>5 unique poster IDs
>1 meme reply
>3 posts calling out the OP for his subhuman IQ
Not bad, /pcbg/.

Realistically, how many screws do I need to hold on a 280mm radiator? I think I can get this one to fit for 6 of the 8, but not the full set because the tubes are too short.

i did us all a favor

My brothers play basic FPS games and I'd like to join them. What's the baseline for 1080p 60fps?

depends on the games in question and the graphics settings you'd like to run.

Nice to see Intel can still afford to pay people to shill insecure botnet CPUs

How are you too stupid to know what console-quality settings are?
Consolefags are playing 4K with a GPU weaker than the 580.

Usually RX580. Depends on games, though.

6 is fine.

>lmao buy an expensive 4k monitor but match it with a budget GPU, this makes total sense

>insecure botnet CPUs
>meming for free
Shithead

surprised that you just insult instead of falsely claim the serious vulnerabilities affect AMD CPUs when they don't like that other user does.

lmao btfo by the jannies

>mods deleted the other thread
Someone post the pepe in a classy suit.

Other thread was getting posters, unlike this one. Mods should have realized and delete the stinker, but one of their friends probably got in the IRC

But they do. Two seconds in google
>Moreover, even though earlier AMD had claimed that its CPUs were not exposed to Meltdown-class vulnerabilities, researchers discovered a variation of Meltdown (called Meltdown-BR) that was perfectly operational with AMD CPUs. So at this point, the CPUs of all three of the largest global CPU vendors — AMD, ARM, and Intel — are susceptible to both Meltdown and Spectre. Well, at least to some of the variations from both these families.
kaspersky.com/blog/35c3-spectre-meltdown-2019/25268/ - Published two months ago

I'm thinking of doing 1440p60 gaymen. Should I get an RX 580 8 GB? I've heard bad things about the 2060 with its severely limiting 6 GB of memory.

pcpartpicker.com/list/Hzf3pG

I'd like a small but capable build around $1250 not including monitor. Is there any part of this configuration that doesn't make sense?

I'd really like to go even smaller maybe with this video card or similar
m.newegg.com/products/N82E16814932118
If I went that route is there a case that could fit everything and be somewhat A E S T H E T I C?

sad

You're being memed. The 2060 will always be faster than the 580, just like the 1060 3GB will always be faster than the 1050Ti 4GB.

What's up with the OP then? It is recommending the 580 for 60 FPS 1440p. Must be pretty damn powerful to be able to do that.

Again, this is a meme OP. Not sure if you're pretending to be stupid or just not reading the thread

>be in epic thread on TV
>400 replies in an hour
>faggot mod comes online
>nukes it
>anons make other threads that get bumped to the front
>jannie starts nuking everything left and right

>come to Jow Forums to see if anyone replied to my question about 2080's
>turns out the thread got nuked
>this guy's OP is full of weird things that contradict a lot of stuff I've learned in the past few days from a bunch of different anons
>like recommending vega which many people have told me is a terrible idea
>sounds like the guy who was in the last thread making weird suggestions

Why are jannies such fucking fags?

Attached: PETE.jpg (690x459, 38K)

This Intlel guy really has the sour grapes

>like recommending vega which many people have told me is a terrible idea
depends on where you live. Vega 56 is still a solid option at the right price

>only way i can get AIO fit into case is to have the company logo upside down
this shouldn't bother me, but there has to be another way.

is it a kraken? you can just turn the logo off

I bought a Ryzen like the OP suggests but my system is running slowly
Can someone help me figure it out?

Attached: 1552091509471.png (1201x932, 311K)

You guys ever buy a terribly rated product but have it end up working out with no issue?

Did I fuck up bros? 1080p ultra 60fps?

Attached: IMG_20190310_232848853.jpg (4032x3024, 2.77M)

>running slowly
At least it'll be easy to catch

Depends on how terribly rated it is. If it's 1 star with 500 reviews then it's gonna suck. Most people only complain when they get a DOA item, which is annoying but you have to realize that most people do not get DOA items. So if you subtract those reviews you get the real review average

It's fine, if a bit pricey for what you want. It'll allow for a resolution or refresh monitor upgrade though.

did you try turning it off and turning it on again

thermaltake. I posted in the nuked thread; I've got a GPU AIO and CPU AIO. Both fit great in the top of the case, and the GPU cant mount vertically with a different radiator location. The CPU can sort of mount on the side.

Taking the tube off of an AIO to reorient them is dumb as hell, right? I can't explain it very well, but one tube is incredibly tight and the other has a lot of slack.

Building a Ryzen homelab / ESXi server. Should I get the 2600x or 2700?

Their passmark scores are 14k and 15k so it looks live in overall power they're similar. I'd love to get the 2700s 2 extra cores, but the 2600 is so much cheaper. It'll host plex, my vpn, and general lab VMs as I need them.

Haha are you gay, by any chance? Not sure if it matters, but I just wanted to ask.

Why is your Windows 16-bit

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/gk2Xr6

Have bought everything except the GPU, RAM, and optical so far. Gonna use it with my 1080p TV lmao.

Alright Bros how do you know when it's time to clean your PC? It's been around 6 months since I made it and it still looks clean to me.

Clean the dust filters and leave the rest. You must have a decent case.

MOBO I got is getting mixed reviews. Gigabyte x470 Gaming Ultra. Kinda anxious

kys

filters every 2/3 months and case every 6 months for me, but its more preference than necessity

How's the Dell S2719DGF? Just went on sale for $320 usd.

Here.
Ok

Attached: IMG_20190310_235128566.jpg (4032x3024, 3M)

It's fanboys being fanboys it's what it is. Always do your own independent research before pulling the trigger on a piece of electronic equipment costing hundreds of dollarydoos that you will be stuck for years to come. 580 is an ok budget 1080p / 60fps GPU but no amount of VRAM onboard will negate the fact that it simply is not fast enough to reliably play all AAA games maxed out at 1440p. Even this year. Not to mention on the years to come.

>580 is an ok budget 1080p / 60fps GPU but no amount of VRAM onboard will negate the fact that it simply is not fast enough to reliably play all AAA games maxed out at 1440p
It's like you didn't even read the OP

>bothering to read this OP

Just got 1200$ back from tax returns, what GPU do I pair with a 9600k?

Thinking about a used 1080ti or something. Make a suggestion.

And yet
>critiquing something you don't understand

For a start, don't get a 9600K.
youtu.be/F92byoMgptU
Secondly, buy a GPU based on monitor, not your fucking CPU. Base your CPU decision on both Montior and GPU.

>implying the OP is intelligible
Stop trying to defend it, retard.

pcpartpicker.com/product/hqmxFT/aoc-monitor-g2260vwq6

someone from here is saying i can get a better 1080p 144hz monitor for a little more and it would fit a gtx1660ti/ryzen2600 combo better

what is the monitor exactly

2200G or a 2400G($60 more than the 2200G)?

Attached: 1551064798586.jpg (858x536, 93K)

>implying the OP is intelligible
Where did I imply that?

what's your budget?

like this one for example

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824475002&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

is there anything wrong with it? $90 more but its ips 1080p 144hz i dont see anything wrong with it

Haven't been paying attention to the latest hardware for a while. Are current gen intel setups over priced compared to AMD equivalents?

For 1440p, Would it be better to go 144 tn, or 60 ips? I do a mixture of work and gaming on my rig and getting a dual monitor setup is out of the question to just get both.

Very much so. Having said that, if you're aiming for the best of the best (paired with 1080ti/2080/2080ti), you can't beat an 8700k/9700k. Although when your systems paired with a 1440p or greater monitor, the advantage of the Coffeelake i7s over the current 2nd gen Ryzen becomes more diminishing.
Anything Intel underneath an 8700k/9700k isn't worth looking at

Any opinions on a zotac 1070 mini? Thinking about buying used, but can't find any proper reviews.

Get a 1660

Interesting. Haven't built a PC in 5 years. Won't be doing any heavy gaming in maxed out triple monitor set ups.

Being using Intel since the Pentium IV days, guess I'll finally give AMD a shot.

>Won't be doing any heavy gaming in maxed out triple monitor set ups
Irrelevant to CPU performance anyway, and if anything more monitors places the GPU as a bottleneck making CPU performance less important.

Working on building a media center that runs openelec or librelec, if I use a server motherboard, I need the 10 sata ports, what are the chances the whole thing will freak out and crash on me?

Intel removed hyperthreading from their newest i7s, but they're present in the i9s. The i7s still cost a metric fuckton regardless.

This reads like a shitty 90's commercial, they're really not paying these guys as much as they should.

Attached: ftp_165.jpg (600x600, 28K)

are cpu AIO liquid coolers necessary for none overclocked chips? I get a different answer everywhere I ask.

Where have you asked

Necessary? No. But from personal experience I can say that they are much quieter than traditional air cooling if you can stomach the increased cost.

/v/, /vg/ and /d/

Are the pumps liable to break down frequently? I'm thinking of an NZXT AIO cooler. It's pricey but noise is a big issue where I live. The quieter the better.

>256mb of ram
Okay ill bite, whats goin on here?

>basic FPS games
I'm gonna assume you're talking about Apex Legends, Fortnite, CSGO, R6S
>baseline 1080p 60fps
Should look into a system built around the Ryzen platform (see newegg for some good sales rn) and pair it with a RX580 for some exceptional performance for these titles. Just make sure you get some high speed RAM for the CPU

What is a good build for €800? I want to play CSGO at 60fps. My shitty laptop can't do it.

Attached: 1492351877988.jpg (599x563, 74K)

A B450/2200G system

MiniITX small form factor AMD build.
Howd I do?
pcpartpicker.com/list/d2f3pG

Attached: 7A332D95-FF0C-4F97-B474-09793ABD7C34.jpg (500x500, 30K)

wat-tier build

What the fuck are you doing with THREE SSDs? Toss out the two 1 TB SSDs and get a 4 TB HDD, holy fuck. Also, I hope you know what you're doing by buying a Vega 64.

What's with all the troll builds lately? You don't put a V64 is a small form factor case

CSGO is one of the easiest games to run. If you have €800 you can probably get a nice monitor as well and run the game at 144FPS

Retard OP took the build list out of the OP, so here it is
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/

I just picked up a new SSD and I'm trying to figure out how to mount it in my case (Corsair 400C).

My 2 3.5" slots are already taken up and I was thinking of using the rear slots for my 2.5". How badly will my ssd suffer in regards to heat back there? Anybody have experience with these sort of cases?

Attached: DSC_0775_0.jpg (2000x1600, 1.06M)

If you are fine playing on console-quality settings, sure.
2060 is still going to outperform even when it's VRAM limited unless it ends up stuttering. It also costs a lot more. Used GPUs are a better option.
The difference is the 580 doesn't cost $350 for a 6Gb card.
Since when do prices not matter?

I love how your source starts out by claiming AMD claimed something that they didn't claim. Very reputable.
Specter and Meltdown cover many different related vulnerabilities. I'm not sure if you're actually THAT stupid, or you're purposefully trying to deceive people, but there you go.

>not recommending E-die in a 2x4Gb kit
>$50 for a 256Gb drive
>14% of build cost is just on the case in an ultra budget build
yeah those builds are objective trash is why.
No one gives a shit that you got the pcbg username

You can play CSGO at 60fps for like $300-$400 or even less with something used. lmao?

if you can shove it in there somewhere it'll probably be fine

SSDs dont really matter if they move around

tape it/ziptie it down if you're worried

You can put your SSDs basically anywhere. I have a different case from a different company, but I mounted my SSD onto a plate that is on the other side of my mobo, funny enough.

Yeah not too worried about jostling or shocks or anything. It's heat I'm worried about. This is my first SSD and I'm basing my experience on my 3.5" HDD which got HOT as fuck without a fan blowing on them, especially when they were being heavily used during games and stuff.

>playing csgo at 60fps
are you literally silver 1?

>all this garbage
>in one post

>console-quality
PS4 Pro and XB1X both have 580 tier graphics. Console optimizations mean that you're not getting the same performance from the almost identical hardware on PC

>claiming AMD claimed something that they didn't claim
AMD at first claimed it, you've claimed it, and now you've been btfo by KASPERSKY, aka one of the biggest names in security

>E-die in a 2x4Gb kit
Who gives a shit, the RAM listed will run at its rated speed and timings

>$50 for a 256Gb drive
And? It's m.2 and NVMe. You'd recommend some trash "SSD" with the same sustained write speeds as a HDD just because it's cheap and has SSD in the name

>14% of build cost is just on the case in an ultra budget build
None of those builds are ultra budget. Anyway a case, like a monitor, is one of the components that can be reused the longest, so it's wise to get a decent one. Not that you know anything about being wise, shithead

>PS4 Pro and XB1X both have 580 tier graphics. Console optimizations mean that you're not getting the same performance from the almost identical hardware on PC
How are you this retarded?
1440p isn't 4k.
And the only reason they don't do 1080p 60fps in every single game is the weak CPU as every developer will tell you.
RX580 can do console-quality settings at 1440p. How the fuck are you bothering to argue this obvious fact? "console-quality settings" aren't "ultra", you moron. Go look at Digital Foundry videos if you're too stupid to figure out what they are yourself.

No even going to bother reading and replying to the rest. You're too stupid to bother with.

Sir, pls buy 580 8GB the 30 FPS at 1440p is very playable. Navi is coming out, do the needful and spend 14000 rupees again in 2 years to bring the 20 FPS back up to 30 FPS.

>1440p isn't 4k.
And those consoles mostly don't display at Native 4K. Most of the time it's ~1440p upscaled. Ever heard of checkerboarding? Again, you know nothing.

>No even going to bother reading
Nah, it's because can't, illiterate trash

Red Dead 2 is native 4k@30.
That's about double the resolution of 1440p.

I fucking love how people with 980s and 390s have been playing 1440p console-quality settings for years but suddenly you claim they can't and that only ultra settings matter.
Fuck off dumb
>only buy $800+ GPUs
shill.

Again, most games aren't running at native 4K. But for the sake of arguement, we'll take your RDR2 example. You wrote in the OP

1440p (WQHD)
>580 / 590 8Gb - console-quality settings at 60fps+

and noted that RDR2 runs at native 4K at 30FPS (we'll take that as fact too, but I haven't verified it and you have a terrible record with facts). You also state that 4K is "about double" 1440p res.

By that logic, ON CONSOLE, RDR2 could be 1440p 60FPS considering only graphics performance. As everyone knows, and as stated in my previous post, "Console optimizations mean that you're not getting the same performance from the almost identical hardware on PC," in other words, RDR2 could not run on PC with console settings at 1440p 60FPS.

Blown. the. fuck. out.

>980s and 390s have been playing 1440p console-quality settings for years
Yeah, for years. You know, like when those cards were new and they were designed as 1440p cards.

>buy $800+ GPUs
Wow, I didn't know the 2060 was an $800 graphics card. Oh wait, yet another example of your tentative grasp on reality

Get rekt, idiot

switching to the FTZ01-e or the RVZ03-LGBTQ+ will give you two 120mm slots for the GPU, which would allow much better airflow.

also those two let you use a standard ATX psu instead of just SFX, not that there's anything wrong the the corsair SFX psus.

>tentative
Meant tenuous, but tentative meaning "unsure" works too

>r €800? I want to play CSGO at 60fps. My shitty laptop can't do it.
I get over 300 fps in cs go with a i7 950(10 y o cpu) and an rx 580, neither of them are oc-ed. For 800 euros you should be able to get something a lot better.

>reading about fan placement, push, pull and pushpull
Fuck me what is this shit.
>Open GPU increases CPU heat dramatically if radiator placed on the top of the case above the GPU
>Blowers are actually better since they don't dump heat upward in the case
Well fuck.

Where is your objective evidence (benchmarks at console quality settings @ 1440p) that the RX580 can't run that?
Oh right, all you can is ramble because you know you're full of shit and just lying to people.