Microsoft's calculator contains botnet

>Microsoft's calculator contains botnet.
Oh no no!
github.com/Microsoft/calculator/blob/057401f5f2b4bb1ea143da02c773ac18d1bb9a2e/src/CalcViewModel/Common/TraceLogger.cpp#L644-L655

Attached: apps.59013.9007199266248474.a82d7944-e165-4099-b627-0097209af38a.jpg (672x378, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Microsoft/calculator/issues/148
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't give a shit. I only use it for office work and they have specifically bought me IT locked Windows 10 pro and office 365 packages to do my works. And I have to do a lot of calculations smaller and big ones for report and data analysis. I am pretty sure they know every sales and profit figures of my company.

>I am pretty sure they know every sales and profit figures of my company.
And this couldn't possibly be a security risk, no, that never happens.

retard, if a calculator has botnet then who knows what else they will do.

>mikrewseft luvs open saws guise
>makes a calculator and win 3.1's file manager open
>not fucking windows or office

Their calculator is seriously connected to the internet? And looks like their idea of telemetry is reporting absolutely everything you do with the software. This speaks a lot about MS's stance on privacy, I'm surprised they went ahead and made this public.

exactly, I don't give a shit.

>I'm surprised they went ahead and made this public
Because microcucks won't give a shit.

We don't have that one on LTS

>Wpd.app deletes it. Now I got no calc.exe
What do bros?

>Wpa.app deletes the whole OS

Attached: download.jpg (263x192, 8K)

Literally every microsoft product is a part of a botnet. Even if it's not microsoft product but compiled with a visual studio, starting from the 2015 release they include botnet in binaries. Even if there is no botnet in the source, the binary is still compromised. And before that every microsoft product linked to IE library which contained a keylogger. I am genuinely surprised at Jow Forums not knowing the basics.

Use LTSC you mongs. It lets you limit telemetry to basic and you can further disable even more telemetry through group policy editor (ie user experience/compatibility telemetry).

I did this and left the PC idle for days and saw no network activity. Seems promising.

If you have to do so many calculations why aren't you using excel or a programming language?

>It lets you limit telemetry to basic and you can further disable even more telemetry through group policy editor (ie user experience/compatibility telemetry).
So you mean Professional?

If you don't see how opening the source of office or windows would be a giant security risk, you're beyond retardation.

That's just debug logs that you can't turn off. Everyone uses them nowadays.

>a security risk
Once you're online, it's irrelevant to moan about security. THEY SEE ALL.

Pro comes with telemetry LTSC doesn't include like cortana and windows store.

i don't get what this does ELI5 pls

gb2r

>makes a calculator
>#include "NetworkManager.h"
is this what I am missing by being on Debian?

Attached: ooi .jpg (600x603, 40K)

>everyone being able to audit the source code makes it less secure
Retard.

Fuck off Microsoft
Only windows 7 is real

That's exactly what it means, retard. If you're too brain-dead to realize it, fossturds have brainwashed you.

Just because nobody is bothering to go through your FOSS garbage code and exploit it, doesn't mean they wouldn't do it to code that literally BILLIONS of people use daily.

>calculator
>#include "networkmanager"

Attached: young_wife_mei.png (583x720, 273K)

Literally every native Windows program has that in it. It's up for the telemetry service to accept it and send it.
That's why you use shit like LTSC if you have to use Winshit.

Attached: proud npc.png (843x500, 195K)

i am surprised you didn't took the time to post the sources of your claims.

Who fucking cares?

You were warned

Attached: 834491.jpg (500x333, 31K)

Oh fuck Bros Microsoft is monitoring my calculations

really? I'll honestly jump to building from source if you got the sauce

Microsoft now has the largest collections of calculations that result in 55378008

it could transform into a decepticon :^)

If I accidentally paste something in the calculator it will be logged and sent to the Microsoft with a special flag? Neat.

>Wintards: at least our calculator isn't botn-
github.com/Microsoft/calculator/issues/148

Attached: 1536439837297.png (795x166, 25K)

Even though I think freecultists should all kys because you're degenerates, you should try and capitalize on this admission with more than just thinly veiled attempts at shillings your subpar software on Jow Forums. Some actually publicity on how much botnet is there, how invasive it is, would probably sway a few maybe. Probably strait towards Macs because Linux is shit but you could still rationalize that like you've actually accomplished something. At least in theory I think.

>security through obscurity is a good thing
how did this board get so stupid?

i use the win7 calculator for some reason. i think i was tired of slow win10 apps startup when i needed a quick calculation

basically whenever you input an expression that gives you an error because the calculator doesn't know how to handle it, it's sent to microsoft so they can see what kind of shit people are trying to do with the calculator and eveluate if they should add support for that

>microsoft
>botnet
color me surprised.

Attached: biker bitch.jpg (883x1024, 108K)

What a shitty job atleast it's fully automated within 10 years, you might want to learn a real job asap

> Doesn't know visual adds telemetry through compilation despite trying to turn everything off.

It's common sense though

That's good bro. You're not paid to give a shit. Some fuckhead above you will get fucked not you.

They were caught and they removed that

There's literally nothing wrong with that unless you're some psyho that lives in a dungeon and hasn't seen sunlight since the last time he went outisde to get new piss bottles

how we just need to recreate the win7 gui and remove the botnet

Why hasn't anyone bought a chinese/russian botnet and DDoSed Microsoft's telemetry services?

Attached: givenup.png (256x256, 77K)

/v/edditors

>buy office 2019
>it's windows 10 only
>nowhere in the product description does it say this
>nowhere does it give you the option to install 2016, 2013, or earlier
>nowhere are you allowed to get a refund

Attached: 1465064629410.jpg (390x390, 13K)

MICROTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1534551002740.png (468x468, 140K)

dude, it's just a terribly named function

>Take your foul mouthed trolling to Twitter. That's what it's there for. There are countless calculator apps. Find one that you are satisfied with and use it. This one is obviously for people with different concerns than you. They get to have their applications too. You are not Calculator King of the Internet. Grow up and move along.
We're reaching levels of cope that shouldn't be possible.

Attached: 1550501732721.jpg (151x233, 11K)

Oh wow they now know what 1+1 is.

Attached: 1551969864527.jpg (3500x2940, 441K)