THREADRIPPER Mark III will be officially called "Thirdripper" by AMD

They're going to rip Inturd a new, third one. You have heard it here first, folks. October 2019. Screen this.

Attached: 5567568568.jpg (1000x1500, 778K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>TurdRipper
LMAO

>9900Kelvin
*LMAOing in indian*

>a-amd will recover!

Attached: 4B93FFC9-6A30-47A2-9DA7-CC0DFCE14D1E.jpg (552x661, 71K)

>9990°C
Fixed your mistake

Honestly, they called their Server chip fucking "Epyc." so I wouldnt put it passed them. Epyc is fine for a mainstream or "gaymen part" But I wonder how many sales they lost because people couldn't convince their boss the company needed the new Epyc processors.

>I wonder how many sales they lost because
Literally 0. They've gained massive share with EBYN 2, if anything. Amazon AWS, MicroSoft Azure, Cray, Baidu and Taobao...'dis 'dem juicy contracts.

Xeon sounds equally retarded, just like POWER does
No one cares as long as it werks

user, nobody said the product wasn't massively succesful. But that doesn't mean the name didn't cost them a single potential sale. It is a pretty fucking dumb name.

Not really. Xeon is neutral, effectively meaningless. Calling it EPYC is like calling it YOLO or something, it makes it sound not serious and like a fucking gaming thing.

>Xeon sounds
Zion

>It is a pretty fucking dumb name
Not in the slightest. Moreover, I'm highly confident that they did it this way solely only because the "Epic" trademark name belongs to, well duh - Epic, so they've changed the letter to not get potential legal issues. Also, if you think pic-related is not awesome, you know nothing:

Attached: J 080.png (440x1004, 3.37M)

Xeon isn't neutral, might as well pretend Athlon and Pentium were neutral

>"Thirdripper"
>"Thirdreicher"

Attached: 1537478586221.gif (288x377, 1.83M)

Correct, Athlon and Pentium are both neutral as well. Basically mean nothing in their context and are not 1337 speak being used to name a CPU.
Epic is a dumb name, and I don't thin you can trademark a single generic word like that. That is why they went with Epic Games. Regardless, I think the marketing is cool, but it could work with another name as well. I mean even if the called the mainstream line Epyc, and the workstation parts Ryzen it would make so much more sense.

>Basically mean nothing in their context
They did back in the late 90's dumb zoomer

Okay I will bite. I know Athlon is just for like race/sport. But what the fuck did Pentium mean before being the name of an intel part. If it turns out to be 1337 gamer speak I didn't know about I will bite my tongue.

U seem MA

Holy shit you're dumb.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium

It comes from "penta", greek for "five", as it was the 5th gen of intel cpu

I like this artist, he awakened a giant forehead fetish I never knew I had.

Attached: 1537759314167.jpg (462x750, 314K)