Evidence of time travel?

Evidence of time travel?
Some guy on /x/ claims they made a "mandela effect" for Forrest Gump.
His line about the box of chocolates.
"Life WAS like a box of chocolates" is what you will hear if you watch the movie right now.
Allegedly, most people remember it being "Life IS like a box of chocolates"

So, this dude on /x/ says they put an image on the bus, just before Tom Hanks says the line, to prove they did it.
The image is an advertisement for a DMC Delorean, with the caption "CITATION IT WORKS"

I don't think John Titor ever pulled that level of holy shit, off. Forrest Gump was made in 1994, the DMC Delorean is dated for 1981. Why would they have had that on the bus in the movie?
Relevant part of Forrest Gump scene starts at 3:03

youtu.be/pKgF_F0uTcE
>3:03

Attached: timetravelerevidence.gif (312x213, 973K)

Nope.
This is a common misconception.
The line spoken in the film is indeed WAS, but only because of the context in which he speaks it. As such it is implied the actual phrase his mother spoke uses IS, which is why we remember it that way.
"Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates"
So his mum used to say
"Life is like a box of chocolates"
Because it would make no sense if his mum used to say "life WAS like a box of chocolates", the tenses are all wrong.
Of course if you're going to argue about correct english, then yes he should have said "Mama always used to say that Life is like a box of chocolates", but given his dialect and considerable lack of intelligence this becomes totally insignificant.

First time on /x/ is it? Probably best to avoid that place, you'll summon a tulpa by accident

>Why would they have had that on the bus in the movie?
because that's the year that part of the movie is set in, dipshit

>time travel

Attached: 1545505078487.png (817x891, 32K)

>Some guy on /x
Good. Let it stay there.

Or maybe even a ligma!

user what's ligma

Attached: 1523419408628.png (553x585, 121K)

Ligma balls

You can observe the past by travelling faster than light, but you can't interact with it. Just consider a supernova we observe today which in actuality happened billions of years ago (depending on distance).

Hence, time travel doesn't exist.

doh! >.

Question, so if we were to get far enough from the earth could we watch history?

Doesn't even look like a delorean.

It's over.

Attached: 1552307563699.jpg (738x1024, 412K)

This would've been more effective if xanon had placed an ad for a car newer than 1994...

Citation was my first car. I bought it used in 2004, but in mint condition, from some old lady that drove it only a few times a year since she bought it in '81. It had 12,276 miles on it. It was a real beauty! I totaled it into a guard rail at 50mph two weeks later. I really missed that car

>I totaled it into a guard rail at 50mph
Real anecdote or not, what a fucking nigger thing to do.

Yes, but you wouldn't be able to see much without a really strong telescope. To see even 1 second into the past you'd need to be be around 300 million metres away from Earth, and even from the closest star system to our own (Alpha Centauri) you still wouldn't be able to see more than 4.5 years back.

Also >>/sci/

>people remember "like tears in the rain"
>its actually "like tears in rain"
TIME TRAVEL or more likely people have shit memory

It was always Berenstain to anyone who grew up in a country without American tv forced down your throat

>he thinks time travel is not possible

Attached: 1542050128076.jpg (600x600, 57K)

jesus christ you are fucking retarded

redditor detected

Give me proof by providing Bannerlord executable.

Guess what, you're doing it right now.

This. People have been butchering the line for years.