Say something nice about AMD

I am an intel user but I am glad that AMD has released Ryzen. I am truly happy that even the poor people can finally afford a decent CPU.
We are truly living in a more enlightened era.

Attached: 1047077.jpg (422x390, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amd.com/en/products/chipsets-am4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'll hold my enthusiasm until zen2's release. As of now it's merely "competitive".

I have an Intel 7980XE workstation and also an AMD TR 1950X workstation. They're pretty comparable in performance as far as I've been able to notice as a distributed systems developer. It is impressive what AMD is able to put out at less than half the price.

The 8350 was very okay for the $195

The 2700x is extremely decent for $300

Attached: BD495i_1.png (700x600, 87K)

My ryzen 5 works wonders with productivity tasks as well as creative stuff. I just finished editing a commercial in première while i had a daw running in the background for the audio with the ozone suite running. i'm happy i didn't listen to intel fanboyz

Attached: 1502375547140.jpg (248x204, 12K)

You should also be happy that poor people can enjoy having no vulnerabilities in their CPUs while your richy riches get exploited left and right.

Attached: power_on.jpg (633x927, 499K)

For the first time in my next build I've honestly been giving them more consideration than I would have in the past (never got them before) due to the progress they've made. Does it necessarily mean I will ? No, of course not, but competition is always a good thing.

>tfw the Intel shills try to spin the high power consumption of the 9900K as a positive, claim you to be poor for not affording the bill, then slamming AMD FX CPUs for high power consumption

Attached: 1550639396959.jpg (640x736, 42K)

My ryzen has lots of trouble for the other hand, ryzen 5 2600, 16gb ram and web pages lag while scrolling. Slightly disappointed, glad I have my phone.
Bios is also set up by AMD' Robert Halloc's instructions but no help! It's still slow
Can't open more than 4 tabs because it's too much for the machine

It's power up, not power on you braindead zoomer

I really wish I have gone the Intel route. Wouldn't have had to spend too much on ram, wouldn't have laggy web browsers and the CPU would be fast as fuck while as well having 6 cores and 12 threads

>tfw my Sandy Bridge-E chip from 2011 is still better at gaming than Poozen
Always the budget option, even with eight years of time to prepare.

You get what you pay for bud.

True

not even subtle

you fucked up somewhere, i have the same setup and never have i seen any lag even when running big software

The price of older CPU goes down quickly as they should. (there is a 5$ coupon you can add to this)

Imagine a 6 cores ZEN CPU and a mobo for 130$, keep ion ming that recent batch Zen clock higher than first batch...

Attached: file.png (253x391, 35K)

Cheap and fast, exactly what a client CPU should be.
Boняeт.

it takes me 30 seconds to open a big excel file with a 5 2600

HDD or ssd?
I have a (500gb) sata ssd and it's slow. Would an nvme drive make it faster?

2300X is really, really good for its' price ($102)
Can't wait for making another PC with 3300 ($111?)

You fucked something up.
Are you running single-channel RAM? Are you running at 1Ghz? That is absolutely not normal behavior, this is 100% user error.

>I-it's not an AMD's fault, goyim! I swear!
>t. AMDrone's CEO LIEsa SUck

they made intel release more than 4 cores. thanks

Attached: A1969290-13A8-4F12-A0F4-756428C44D5A.jpg (672x896, 67K)

Could you be any more of an obvious shill? If that was normal behavior you would see all tech outlets report on it. What happens here is that some retard fucked up his computer and is blaming it on AMD, as usual with low tier Intel shills.
Just buy an iMac at this point, you drooling mongoloid nigger.

My 2950X makes everything else seem like a retarded pile of shit.

very good little zoomer
spew those fucking buzzwords

>Just buy an iMac
Already have three :^)
Cry more, poorfag
t. Proud Apple Product Owner

my OS is on an SSD but the excel files are on a secondary HDD. with w10 and excel 2019

Do you have the Ryzen power plan installed, or are you using the default windows power plan? Default windows power plan doesn't work well with Ryzen and will throttle your cores. That might be the source for your stuttering and slow loading times.

>pay for 8 cores
>get 4+4 cores

Attached: 4L_kbxtYDSF.jpg (501x585, 79K)

how do i check

If you're on windows 10, right click the windows start icon, select power options. Then on the right aditional power settings.
An old style control panel screen will come up with your current power plan. If it's not the Ryzen one, get it from the AMD drivers page, install the Ryzen Chipset package and select the Ryzen power plan.

i have a feeling this might be it since ive never seen my cpu usage go above 60%

is there any chance of these drivers messing anything up because im working rn

You need a restart to apply the power plan and chipset updates.
Save your work or finish it before doing this. But it shouldn't fuck anything up.

It might very well be, stock Windows 10 power plan is broken on Ryzen and will constantly throttle your cores back to 1Ghz and it takes a second to switch back to full core speed. Zen has a built in power management system that allows for much faster core clock boosting, which is what the Ryzen power plan will use.

i tried to install the drivers but it said they were already installed but i dont see the ryzen mode. I switched to high performance mode and opened a few files. Its seems maybe 10% faster but that could just be me wanting it to be faster

the thing with ryzen/threadripper/eypic is that their cpus all have high memory latancey times compared to intels cpu. Hopefully thats improved on in their next lineup.

Even if they are already installed you should install them anyway, choose custom install and select the Install Ryzen Power Plan option.
amd.com/en/products/chipsets-am4

i figured it out thanks bro. I see my cpu usage is higher now too

Attached: thankuanon.png (345x108, 4K)

Attached: 0.jpg (865x1338, 144K)

Try doing some usual tasks and see how it compares.
While you might want to blame AMD for this, the one at fault is Microsoft, for not automatically detecing a Ryzen CPU and installing the proper power plan.

only slightly faster. cpu maxed at 24% opening a 40mb excel that needed content enabled

Excellent shitpost. Expect Intel chips to become more affordable because of pressure from Zen.

its taking about 50% less time from an ssd with the ryzen power settings so i guess i shouldnt complain. I wish i got a 2nd ssd now haha

>thatsthejoke.gif

>Say something nice about AMD
they exist solely to push intel to release better CPUs instead of resting on their laurels, so thanks for that i guess?
and their graphics cards exist so that you have something to laugh at

Intel will never slash prices

Never did and never will

Their 8-core part is at $475 MSRP and is selling for $500+

If they had 10/12/16 core desktop parts the cost will be astronomical

>they exist solely to push intel to release better CPUs instead of resting on their laurels, so thanks for that i guess?

Except intel isn't?

intel started making cpus with more than 4 cores because of amd

more =/=better

>back in MY DAY we had single core cpus and we LOVED it!
ok grandpa

ah yes, the ol' false equivalence strawman, I remember when that used to work on people.

*sips* now get off my lawn you little shit.

>Pay for quad core
>get literal dual dual cores
Intel does it too but you don't see reviewers crying because bias.

Attached: Picture 178 (Large).jpg (1024x768, 82K)

Based microcenter

They got the 2700 @ 199.

The AMD coarz meme is the same as the camera megapixel meme. Normies think more cores = better but instead they get several low quality cpus glued together with latency that's out of this world

>several low quality cpus glued together with latency that's out of this world
>people who breathe air actually think this

Intel won't be cornered by AMD. They will just move to 3D stacked CPUs and ask whatever price they want.

Memory latancey, but they're going to improve on that in their upcoming cpus, they aren't low quality since unlike bulldozer they're new architecture.

shill. sage. filtered

If AMD is so competitive theb why isn't intel reducing prices, their i5 8400/9400
Is still more than the R5 2600

Affordable products that are good enough for 90% of consumers.