AI

If CS is so bad, what should I take to get into AI research? I have no interest in being a code monkey and am passionate about AI. Wouldn't a master's or PhD in CS suit my ambitions best?

Attached: hqvdhvpnexb21(1).jpg (1012x1800, 161K)

get in line behind the hundreds of thousands of other people who are "passionate about ai" lol

most AI dudes cant actually program.
the challenge of AI is trying to figure out the logic of what should be done. not how to get a computer to do it.

study philosophy, logic, and look into previous AI research. no need to ever write any code to study AI.

mfw american healthcare

Attached: 76439799hfahe.jpg (300x300, 11K)

PhD in statistics with a minor in computer science.
With a master you wont get into the field at all.

>figure out the logic of what should be done
Nice """intelligence"""

Not that user but what about signal processing in EE? I heard there is a lot of overlap but Im still not sure how relevant the field is, ie some anons claimed its mainly for pattern recognition and such.

Attached: 1477555086655.png (500x576, 315K)

AI is shit, and the more you contribute to it the worse our future will be

Attached: 1464691221590.jpg (396x150, 22K)

>Progress is bad
okay troglodyte

>With a master you wont get into the field at all.
I'm living this right now. masters would have got you into the field 5-10 years ago and experience would carry you the rest of the way, but right now 100% of the good jobs are phd locked.

It's false progress that leads only to destruction

What's the point of the image, is the joke that because he said rights are given by god and now he's hurt it is ironic?

What he meant was a right is something given to you at birth, something you're entitled to your entire life. For example a right to free speech means you can talk and express yourself freely. Gun rights as an example is more about the inalienable right to defend your own life against someone who wants to take it.

Using that same line of thought, it is NOT an inalienable right for another individual to heal your wounds. Healthcare is not a right. If you make it a right and society collapses you will see "doctors" metaphorically or literally chained to offices and forced to practice for free. What happens to the country if we amend healthcare to the constitution, and it bankrupts the nation? What happens to healthcare when the money runs out? Think about the hard questions instead of the easy ones.

Don't listen to this tard. Jobless philosophy fags desperately trying hard to still be relevant. Advancement in AI is likely to come with advancement in nueroscience and with better understanding of brain functions such as cognition and sentience.

There is no such thing called 'right'. Its all determined by the society.

>CS is so bad
says who

Also OP don't listen to the faggot who always spam the same pic and shill the same book in every AI thread about the impossibility of Strong AI.
The main challenge regarding AI is that we don't even have a solid understanding of concepts like intelligence,conscioussness and sentience. As someone said humans are really arrogant if they believe they can create what took God 13.8 billion years to create in a few decades.

You can't progress to a better without destroying the old and the bad.

You're progressing to a point where banks and insurance companies have insane power to know and judge individuals they have never interacted with
You are destroying the good in favor of tech-enhanced tyranny

Its hard determining what intelligence, conscioussness and sentience even is. Is being able to 'feel' a necessity for something to be intelligent? Each of our cognitive functions evolved as a trait, its not really inherent in our intelligence as many think. Octopuses feel lesser emotions(some say they are emotionless) than what many primates and mammals do yet they are vastly more intelligent than many of them able to solve complex puzzles and human like behaviour.

>implying
Truly a based future.

You can't be serious

Attached: flat 550x550 075 f.u1.jpg (550x550, 28K)

Mathematics

Not really. Freedom is overrated, rather live in a more efficient system that works than in a muh feelings systems. Nobody sensible is going to chose Delhi over Beijing when given absolute choice just because the former is a democracy.

Natural rights can be practiced without society. That's the whole point of them being the only rights. And it's society that violates them.

Democracy is a meme, freedom is not
I hope one day you see the error in your ways

>Natural rights can be practiced without society
No. Thats just wishful thinking.

You have rights that are "natural" "giving by god" as you say. And you also have social rights.
A government is here to guarantee you those rights.
Society evolved so we can progress all together, protect ourselves and have a better life. If your government act against his people, there's something wrong with it [spoiler]it's also the case in my country[/spoiler].

About guns, I think it's a very bad example for your "given by god rights" as it had a point at first but not that much nowadays and it goes against what your god stand for.

Oh yeah, give guns to everybody, that has to be a right. But no healthcare if you don't have shekels!
If society collapses everything goes to hell regardless of anything, but meanwhile we have a society the right thing to do is for a government to provide free healthcare for everybody.
Nobody will be forced to do anything anyway unless society turned into a dictatorship, and there are always doctors willing to heal just for the sake of it, because it is the right thing to do.
If you see someone bleeding out in the street in some desert road and assume there is not any law that will punish you, would you not take the individual to the hospital just to save them? Well, a rational human being who isn't a piece of shit would, fyi.

I dont get it, if that hospital was paid by the taxpayer and it was full he'd still be fucked and have to wait outside. Why would that situation be different with universal healthcare?

Came here to say this.

>A government is here to guarantee you those rights
Are you American? Because if so, this is pathetic that you would say this and is a testament to our failing education system. The government doesnt guarantee rights, it recognizes them. The government doesnt "grant" rights to citizens, thats only the case in communist countries and dictatorships

You have no idea how retarded you are

What did he even expected going to the Cedar (((SINAI))) Hospital?

Attached: 1541652872244.png (500x398, 94K)

based boomer schizo wanting to give a baby that came straight out of a vagina a gun and an american flag as a welcome gift

>t. Man with head in the sand
The idea of government is the idea that other people have more rights than you. How deep is that cock in you?

That was really funny :d

current work in AI has little to no relation to development in neuroscience

its about mathematics and statistical learning, backpropagation, gradient descent optimization, network layer building blocks and so on

the only reason its attracting so much people is because its easy to do because there are finished building blocks, so with things like keras its piss easy to build a network and let it learn

For academic subjects like ML/AI, you don't really know you're passionate about something until about half way through your Ph.D dissertation. And even then, that doesn't preclude the realization that you hate it.

> implying progress is good
Progressives always make this mistake, as if progress is self-evidently superior.

It borders on religiosity.

Nice argument americunt.

See, this is what you get when humanities teachers are either puppets or incompetent idiots. The funny thing is "progressivism" stems from jewish esoteric thought, so your stance is much more religious than you'd admit.

I've been working in ai since 2010. I would not get into the field at the moment to much hype. When the deep learning meme dies (good luck learning modulus) a lot of the fair weather people will leave that will be the time to get into the field. I would actually suggest bioinformatics if you want ground floor of an up and coming field.

>practicing for free
I guess you'd prefer most people die and for the vast majority of doctors to lose their jobs because they have no clientele left.
Think a few steps ahead, not just one.

That picture is retarded because the implication of "healthcare is a right" is that right should be free. Shit service is still shit service.

Guns aren't given to anybody. People pay for it and there's no universal guncare program that people pay for so poor people can get guns for free.

Andrew Yang 2020 GET THAT BAG! #yanggang

Thousands of years behind natural AI created by God (codename: The People).

As always, christians are right.

Here's what I did.
>BA Mathematics
>BS Computer Science
>MS Data Analytics (Considering switch to something else though, I mean. Statistics seems to carry more weight.)
From there I guess PhD CompSci. You'll have at least some decent foundation. But the first term in math will make you a better programmer than Jow Forums so...
Alternatively, just make a really big fucking switch statement.