Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSB?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: tfwbf.jpg (559x643, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Portable-External-Creative-Photography/dp/B00FP50MXK/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1552320279&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=wd ext drive
amazon.co.uk/WD-Elements-Portable-External-Drive/dp/B06VVS7S94/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=WD 1tb&qid=1552320404&s=computers&sr=1-1
getcatblock.com/
eloquentjavascript.net/
github.com/getify/You-Dont-Know-JS
youtube.com/user/derekbanas/playlists
youtu.be/2WU4hoXld10
youtube.com/watch?v=sXGUUKFigDw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Quick_Sync_Video#Hardware_decoding_and_encoding
alibaba.com/product-detail/galvanized-antenna-pole-mounting-bracket_428718859.html
gyxjs.en.alibaba.com/product/60377430130-212029157/High_quality_L_bracket_for_outdoor_panel_antenna.html
l-com.com/wireless-antenna-60-degree-tilt-and-swivel-mast-mounting-kit
flyteccomputers.com/product/703/L-Com-HGX-PMT06-60-Degree-Tilt-and-Swivel-Mast-Mounting-Kit
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

die gay pedo

Asking for help for CMD in old thread:

My AHK scripts to control Windows Media Player don't work anymore; Play, pause and stop all control YouTube tabs instead of the media player in W10.
Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

No-one has been able to answer this question.

whats the best external hdd
or should i just get a caddy

>And since I'm already asking how do I stop cmd requesting confirmation to replace every file?
Maybe add the -y switch at the end ?
I think that's how a lot of programs automatically reply yes to potential questions ?
Can somebody else confirm this as well.

I've usually bought WD external drives.
USB 3 makes them about as fast as a sata plug so there's no real difference to speed.
It's more a question if you want to take it with you or not.

I want to use clamav on my rpi as a daemon that scans on-access. Seems like the rpi doesn't have fanotify (whatever that is). Is it possible to install or enable that somehow?

-y works, thanks! At least that part is solved now.

i'll be using 2.0
can i have a link to the ext. WD drives?

Is programming mathematically intensive? Im an absolute brainlet who isn't too proficient in math apart from basics, i want to get into programming but wondering if theres any point if im too retarded to do/know complex equations.
Thanks for help anons

amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Portable-External-Creative-Photography/dp/B00FP50MXK/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1552320279&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=wd ext drive
this one looks pretty good since its actually got a hdd in...so its basically the same

Some math is involved but it's more logic for the most part.

Not a programmer, but I think it depends on what type of programming you're doing. If it's low level system programming with C or something, you'll need a lot more of the complex math, but if it's frontend development in Javascript, it'll be much less intensive.
Or at least that's what i've heard from other anons.

amazon.co.uk/WD-Elements-Portable-External-Drive/dp/B06VVS7S94/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=WD 1tb&qid=1552320404&s=computers&sr=1-1
This one is from WD and slightly cheaper for the 1 TB version.

Systems programming has very little to do with maths. You don't need to know calculus to write a kernel.

Lets say, hypothetically i took off my wifi password
What are some fun things I could do to intruders on my wifi network?

You could automatically forward any website they sent into your network to your own webserver (since you don't have to connect a router with wifi to the internet).
This website could be anything from a fake youtube/facebook/twitter and capture their passwords for example, just saving the frontpage of facebook and the login page and capturing the logins somewhere to a database would be very easy.

there was a guy about ten years ago that used squid to change every image of every requested website into pictures of cats and dogs. Then he also mirrored every page or made it upside-down.
Make a fake websitelogin that wants your facebook or google credentials before giving access...

i love frens

Attached: CHApbND.jpg (1375x645, 83K)

>there was a guy about ten years ago that used squid to change every image of every requested website into pictures of cats and dogs.
I kind of want to do this but just change the ads that are loaded to cute pictures.

So would you deem it possible for me to be successful, i wanted to learn c,c++ and javascript , now i know c might be too shit for me anyother languages to be cautious of?

I wonder if i'd get v& if i carry around a hotstop or something "Free/Maccas/uni wifi"

oh you can already do this
getcatblock.com/

I'm learning Javascript right now and I'm a essentially a high functioning brainlet so you're probably going to do fine my dude.

You can always give it a try, maybe get a video course on Udemy when they're priced down during holiday seasons or some free PDF's like this one
eloquentjavascript.net/
As well as some other learning courses for free for Javascript like this thing on github
github.com/getify/You-Dont-Know-JS
People that make video's like this to help you learn programming and a bunch of other stuff.
youtube.com/user/derekbanas/playlists
Have fun user

Damn, they beat me to it.

Is it normal for VMWare VMs to crap their pants if you add a medium size or larger torrent to folder shared from the host? Either the whole VM will freeze once or more or the VM will crash. Linux VMs, Windows host, shared folder is on NTFS.

No! Cute catboys are the best.

am I right in thinking the opus 7.06mb file should be the best quality to get? But when I run this command:

youtube-dl.exe --extract-audio --audio-quality 0 --audio-format best youtu.be/2WU4hoXld10

It always downloads the 7.03 vorbis file.

Attached: youtubedl.png (839x421, 49K)

also specifying the format opus doesn't appear to actually download that file either, only save it to an opus file.

I need to record a facebook audio chat. What's the best program, for windows, to record audio in and my voice out?

Attached: 1552197357715.jpg (1920x1080, 612K)

Will a new computer with Windows 10 already on it automatically start the Linux installation process if I boot it up for the first time with a USB drive with Linux on it already plugged into the laptop?

Attached: 1521811608562.jpg (600x337, 31K)

its made for videos but you can disable the screen. use "open broadcaster studio" and you are good to go and do not need to configure much. later use any program (for example audacity) to extract the sound.
Why I am not recommending audacity? Because it never worked for recording multiple things for me.

Thanks a lot man!

user, codemonkey who has never learnt stats here.
I have generated N random values that have exponential distribution with lambda=1.1 (using python's numpy). How do I prove using chi-square test that this variable has exponential distribution? If the distribution was discrete I could calculate expected frequency and plug right into the formula but what to do with continuous (exponential) distribution?

>get new laptop
>openSUSE Tumbleweed installed, same as old one
>G305 choppy on the new laptop, butter smooth on old one
What's going on?

Very cute op

Can I use old working hhd as a giant “flash drive” if I use it with a dock?
I’m getting a new pc soon and I want to start with a fresh installation.

Attached: 263487DA-5662-4F1F-A11B-8A243D10C10F.jpg (640x480, 62K)

Speaking to competitive ones. What are some websites, where small companies/startups look for externally working contributions?

I got an FT05 case, and it appears that front strip at the bottom is just a one-way mirror with the Silverstone logo lit up behind it with LEDs.
I was thinking I could replace the logo with a small LED display that can show text, time etc.
Any suggestions on an LED display to use (space is about 6"x1"), and how to make it controllable?

Attached: SilverStone-FT05.jpg (670x380, 20K)

I recently built a desktop and want to transfer my many many files from my laptop. What's the best and fastest way to do this?

Google said that there is weird traffic coming from my IP and Jow Forums banned me for VPN/Proxy exit node. Do I have a botnet on my network? How do I scan for it?

Based catfag.

Attached: f34c4fc3f756f0faab491d716d317da31cb9ea7f.jpg (506x726, 201K)

The "best" audio and video formats are always the last ones on the list, which as you can see is the one as sorted by average bitrate. For whatever reason the 128 kbit/s Vorbis stream has an average data rate of 168 kbit/s on that video, skewing the result. With other videos I've tested format 171 is much closer to 128 kbit/s, so the Opus 160 kbit/s stream is rightfully picked as "bestaudio".
--audio-format is a postprocessing option for recoding only. If you want to always download the best Opus stream or best other available audio codec otherwise, you have to invoke it like this:
youtube-dl -x -f "bestaudio[acodec=opus]/bestaudio" youtu.be/2WU4hoXld10

Not a question but hope it helps anons who want to install windows 7/10 on a HDD/SSD with 64KB block/allocation unit size to get the most performance possible out of storage: it CAN be done during OS install procedure.

youtube.com/watch?v=sXGUUKFigDw

Highly recommend doing this along with short stroking if HDD (ie only use 25% of the HDD for OS/gaymes).

Attached: 65B021DCFDCA49D190F689B17655F1BC.jpg (640x1136, 85K)

How do I get HWMonitor to show my fan speed?

Attached: __marth_fire_emblem_monshou_no_nazo_and_etc_drawn_by_boooo_im__09502fc7bf46dae5d97e1c6ba4394798.jpg (850x750, 112K)

i see thank you

not if it's a regular linux image, if it's an unattended installation image then yeah it can

happens to me sometimes, then it goes away, it would be hard to track

only way i can think is to scan for all devices on your network and check each one, possibly manually

i see 3 options:

put the hard drive from your laptop into your pc
transfer files over the network
transfer files through a usb stick or external hard drive

Bumping

First time buying a laptop here, I don't really get how to compare iGPU performance. Specifically looking between *30-*50 thinkpads. How big are the performance jumps between the intel hd 4000, 4400 and 5500?

do 'raw values' mean anything for s.m.a.r.t tests?

are you planning to game on it?

i'd be more interested in the capabilities of the igpu like which media codecs it can hw accelerate

If you have to ask go with an optiplex 790 and an rx 550/560. It's not even WORTH discussing desu senpai.

I do enjoy my retro emulators and 2d indieshit occasionally, so it would be nice to be able to run those.
Since I'm looking at the X series, I kinda assumed they'd all be modern enough to be able to handle 720p and 1080p codecs. Unless I'm mistaken here?
I'm specifically looking for a laptop though. I already have a desktop.

codecs and resolutions are orthogonal concepts

hd4000 (ivy bridge) doesn't support hw acceleration for hevc for e.g

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Quick_Sync_Video#Hardware_decoding_and_encoding

Are there any good verbose tutorials on how to setup my own mail server? I saw some, but I still don't really understand how half of this shit works.

Attached: big-kitten.jpg (750x982, 88K)

Could you run a pihole server on a vps/dedicated server and connect to that vps/dedicated server or does it need to be in your local network ?
I was thinking of making a publicly available pihole if that were possible.

I'm sorry senpai, I'm an actual idiot.
Does this mean, say, 720p HEVC is a no-go on a hd4000?

I am trying to update the firmware on my 27" chg70 samsung, however it does not seem to detect files downloaded from samsung website.

It means there's not specific hardware for processing it, so it amounts to a somewhat higher workload for playing it and moreso for creating encoded video. In practice it's not something you'll notice much.

i don't see why not, same way you can configure your router to use cloudflare or google's dns you can configure it to use your own self created dns

not sure if you'd actually be able to run rpi software on a vps, i'm sure there are other alternatives though

Ah, allright. I wasn't really planning on encoding video on this thing. Thanks senpai.

i've got a hd4000 and i can play 4k vp9 but cpu usage was pretty high, with h264 content cpu usage is

Well it's just an installer package to set it up so you can install it on whatever you want really.
Just tried installing it on a vm and it takes all of 5 minutes to install.
I was just wondering if this would work since it would not be in the local network like it's supposed to be.

Windows user C/C++ newbie here.
Up until now I was using MinGW that was integrated with my IDE (Qt Creator) but since I uninstalled both in favor of a text editor, I decided to try out Clang. I installed some pre-built binaries from their site ("These binaries include Clang, LLD, compiler-rt, various LLVM tools, etc. varying slightly between platforms.") but I'm kinda lost as to how to actually compile my code now.
I tried using clang++.exe through GIT Bash since I already have GIT installed and I think it worked but that doesn't seem like the right way to do it.
Sorry for asking something so basic.

Attached: Screenshot (9).png (1920x1080, 185K)

i didn't know if pihole was available for other architectures besides rpi

also cloudflare and google's dns servers aren't on your local network either but you can still use them

i think your biggest concern will probably be speed, cloudflare likes to brag about how fast their dns is and they will no doubt have tons of servers spread across the countries they cover to minimize latency to most people, if you just have a single dns server it would be slow every time a client tries to resolve a domain name

it won't be horrendous though because dns results are cached by browsers and os's so there's that..

>also cloudflare and google's dns servers aren't on your local network either but you can still use them

Cloudflare and google probably will have a bit more than a single bottom of the range vps behind it as well.

>i think your biggest concern will probably be speed, cloudflare likes to brag about how fast their dns is and they will no doubt have tons of servers spread across the countries they cover to minimize latency to most people, if you just have a single dns server it would be slow every time a client tries to resolve a domain name

I wont have much else besides that running on it (except maybe a http server to host a personal website, I don't really need stuff like PHP or Mysql running) so it should be fast enough for a free service.

my speed concern is due to network latency rather than processing power, it would be worth checking ping times to the vps from the various locations you intend to use it from

Yeah that's the thing that I was worried about as well.
I mean it's competing with an rpi, even a single core vps will destroy it but latency will be an issue.

Why did hooktube die?

Can anyone recommend a good book to study for RHCSA?

I want to host a server at home and I am in need of a good Dynamic DNS service that will help with that.
Does anyone have a good guide about this ?

Is there an NUC sized device where you could fit more than 32 GB of ram in ?

mac mini supports 64gb but is more expensive

I only have 2 sdd's now and I'm afraid of downloading all my shit there. Is is worth it to buy an hdd to dump there movies, images, etc.?

>mac mini supports 64gb but is more expensive
Damn
I was hoping for a cheap NUC type of device.
The cheapest ones are only 129 euro but can only take 8 GB of memory.
Middle range i3's can take 32 GB but I was hoping there was a tier higher that took 64 GB.

I have an old HP elitebook 8540w where UEFI is disabled by default in favour of BIOS. Is there a good reason they might have done this? I'm thinking of switching but I don't want to fuck anything up. It shipped with win7, if that matters.

Might have had some hardware that didn't work well with it.
Also I think you mean secure boot and not BIOS.

>Also I think you mean secure boot and not BIOS.
I'm not sure I understand this part correctly.
According to the manual, I'm in the BIOS setup menu ("Press f10 to enter BIOS Setup"). From here I have the option to enable "UEFI boot mode". There are no hits when I search the manual for "secure boot", should I be in the clear on that part then?

>Might have had some hardware that didn't work well with it.
Do you mean in this particular model itself, or in general for the models that motherboard was shipped in? In any case, how do I go about finding this information?

I need a new external hard drive for my anime. Any suggestions?

I use a Toshiba one and never had a problem with it.

because joogle got buttblasted about it using their api

>I'm not sure I understand this part correctly.
>According to the manual, I'm in the BIOS setup menu ("Press f10 to enter BIOS Setup"). From here I have the option to enable "UEFI boot mode". There are no hits when I search the manual for "secure boot", should I be in the clear on that part then?

UEFI is a BIOS but it's a modern version of it.
Secure boot is an extension of that to allow only signed software to run.

>Do you mean in this particular model itself, or in general for the models that motherboard was shipped in? In any case, how do I go about finding this information?

This is general stuff for all motherboards that run UEFI
It's just that before when it first came out, certain hardware/software didn't boot well with UEFI if it had secure boot enabled (like linux when UEFI first became available).
These days it should be less of an issue.

Hardware problem here.

Whenever my computer was completely turned off and I turn it on, there is a total freeze in the first 10-20 minutes of me using it. Screen freezes, sound freezes.

Now when I press reset and the machine reboots, it runs flawlessly for days.. weeks. Until I turn it off completely the next time and the first start again ends with a total freeze.

What defective component could cause such a behaviour?

I'm using Win10 (already did a reinstall, problem persisted).
Also exchanged the RAM, didn't help.

Other hardware is GTX 1080 and i5-6600K

regarding installing Win 7 on a ryzen build, guides say Win 7 doesn't come with USB 3.0 drivers from the get go and your best bet is to use a PS2 keyboard. But what if your am4 board does have USB 2.0 ports? Would that help or are they all shackled to a USB 3.0 system of sorts?

anyone familiar with .pak file extentions?
I want to extract the contents from a .pak and i tried treating it as a zip file but the crafty motherfucker did something to the file and i cant extract the contents.
i even used alzip which is supposed to deal with .paks but he did some voodoo shit to this.
is there anyway around a .pak?

I've recieved an SSD drive. Are the benefits worth the hassle of reinstalling an OS?

Jow Forums IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR 3 FUCKING HOURS FOR THE NAME OF THIS BRACKET, PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME THE NAME OR WHY I CANT FIND IT BEFORE I LOSE MY FUCKING MIND
the pole mounted bracket
this is Jow Forums cause im trying to get better speeds
pls help im bout to have a mental breakdown

Attached: WHATTHEFUCK.jpg (849x637, 73K)

Isn't .pak common in games? Pakextract on github is tailored to Quake II / Daikatana pak files.

Safe to assume you're on Windows? There is Dragon UnPACKer on SourceForge which is pretty much unmaintained now but might do what you need. A more recent project is Game Extractor, also on SourceForge, but they offer up a demo and you probably need to pay to get whatever features you'll end up needing.

I just upgraded to a 2070 EVGA Black and it seems like its running cold. Speccy and EVGA precision X1 claim its maxing out at 65C. I've tried adjusting settings in the precision X1 but the temp still stays at 65C. I'm trying to run FFXV on max at 120fps so I would expect that it should be putting the card under more load.

Attached: 1547187042035.jpg (1920x1089, 362K)

>pls help im bout to have a mental breakdown
Sure we're not too late?

You gave us very little to go on. The item used to be sold on AliBaba here:
alibaba.com/product-detail/galvanized-antenna-pole-mounting-bracket_428718859.html

But it's no longer sold and it seems like that is where you might have gotten your source image anyway.

Here is what they replaced it with:
gyxjs.en.alibaba.com/product/60377430130-212029157/High_quality_L_bracket_for_outdoor_panel_antenna.html

Minimum Order looks to be 100 units.

If you want just a single one google for some combination of the following:
- L Bracket
- Pole Mount
- Dish
- Grid Antenna

Worst case you can probably find a preformed L bracket of the right dimensions at a hardware store and drill it out to fit your needs.

Attached: 491663841_060.jpg (500x500, 23K)

>- L Bracket
>- Pole Mount
>- Dish
>- Grid Antenna
ive googled all that already, and yes its an alibaba img, i cannot find it on amazon by itself only with other antennas and the antenna i have is made for that bracket

Upgrading BIOS. Entering my computer model on the HP driver website, they give me two new driver options for my model, as in pic related.

My current version is 68cvd ver F.0A, which would seemingly mean I need option 2, as it explicitly states it it's for the 68cvd family and has the same numbering system as my current driver. However, clicking on option 1's details reveals it is ALSO for the 68cvd family. And is four years and a lot of updates newer. How the hell do I figure out if I have a "supported model" for that version?

Attached: bios.png (1007x885, 102K)

l-com.com/wireless-antenna-60-degree-tilt-and-swivel-mast-mounting-kit

This seems to be nearly identical for $12.88 USD direct from manufacturer. Doesn't have the mounting plate drilled out for the antenna. Presumably the bolt holes should be standardized so you just need to make the cut for the antenna to pass through.

It's only $10.95 here from a retailer:
flyteccomputers.com/product/703/L-Com-HGX-PMT06-60-Degree-Tilt-and-Swivel-Mast-Mounting-Kit

Do you have a specific reason to upgrade your BIOS? If not, it's generally not recommended as there are risks of making things work worse.
If so, IDK.

beautiful thank you

How the fuck I'm I suppose to crop an image in Gimp? Every tutorial I've seen uses a lasso tool but my crops tend to appear edgy. This is alleviated a bit with feathering, but there must be a better way to do this shit.

Attached: filo.png (366x391, 167K)

Depends on the pattern you're trying to crop, you might receive better answers if you show exactly what you wanna do. Also remember to draw from the elbow, not the wrist