Root phone

>root phone
>get rid of gapps
>install linageOS
>install f-droid
Is there anything else that l can do to make my phone more secure? If there is a time where l need to install an app that you can't get on f-droid, where can l get it? Ive been using apkpure.com is it any good?

Attached: 6_97GylSl.jpg (600x450, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gitlab.com/AuroraOSS/AuroraStore
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You can use YalpStore to download APKs directly from Google Play. It's on F-Droid.

Yalp is deprecated.

you are all set user

>Last updated 1 month ago
Are you sure?

t. developer of aurora store, the literal malware

if it still connects to cell towers it'll never be secure

this

>last commit in 2018, 8month .45
>only Patel rasheed fork left

It is over.

didn't know you browsed here, richard

Disable cellular network.

iptables block everything you don't trust.

ive noticed theres a lot of appa that wont even show up in yalp anymore, and some that are apparently split apks

It is dead bro last commit was In 2018

>uninstalling your official manufacturer's OS and installing some rando amateur Indian or Turk's maintained hobby project (in the best case scenario it's simply a hobby project) instead
>secure

LMAO

Hope its a paki or a turk. They'd help me behead the trannies over at Google.

>root phone
>make more secure

dumb nigger

>falls for bait

Attached: 1534225535239.png (800x480, 212K)

samefag

>can't even use the new IP counter
go back moron

samefag

>t. developer of aurora store, the literal malware
gitlab.com/AuroraOSS/AuroraStore
How is it malware?

What in the flying fucking fucking fucking fuck are you talking about?

It installs malicious apps that attempt to hide themselves from the system and run in the background

Don't see the problem. By rooting your phone you can have ad blocking, VPNs and a firewall running at the same time. And Magisk itself is open source. Seems pretty secure to me. Far more functionality than what OEM firmwares allow.

You're still saying nothing. What malicious apps? How do I reproduce this?

for each phone the 'official lineage os' rom/build/whatever the fuck you want to call it, is maintained by some amateur individual

I was thinking about falling for the meme myself for my phone, went to the website, clicked on and read through all the relevant stuff for it. then saw at the bottom, 'maintained' by some pajeet-looking username. i 360d and noped right out of there

I actually actually made a mistake with my first smartphone too, galaxy s2. to prolong its life i rooted and custom rom'd. before i even understood the implications of what i was doing. i see in retrospect now how stupid it was. it was a rom by some fucking turk. it worked well for the couple of months i used it for. but who knows what fuckign backdoors were in it. it was like the 2nd most popular rom for it at the time on xda. massiv emulti-page discussion thread etc. seemed ok but how the fuck would i know what it was doing in the background. at the very least he could have siphoned off my files and thus photos and thus my dick photos. i have no clue.
what else: contacts? accounts info? keystrokes?

i was stupid but i learned from it, and for my second (and current) phone i won't do it (even though i briefly thought about falling for the meme again).

unless you pore through every line of code by these unknown people, with EVERY SINGLE NIGHTLY UPDATE, you're idiots to trust any custom roms including lineage. and who has time to do that every fucking day?

in order to hide from da gubbamint botnet (which is impossible anyway, if they want to look at you they will look at you) and gain a false sense of privacy you're flushing your security down the toilet.

Not anyone's fault you tried to flash a custom ROM before you admittedly didn't know what you were doing. It's also no one's fault you've bought devices which don't have strong developer support. I don't know what to tell you really. Just because you can't read the source code, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist or that something is hidden. You can literally uninstall all system apps you don't like and you can inspect internet traffic or use a firewall otherwise if you don't trust a piece of software.

>in order to hide from da gubbamint botnet (which is impossible anyway, if they want to look at you they will look at you

Attached: 1525815428762.jpg (550x502, 29K)

To add to this - how are you flushing security down the toilet when custom ROMs are compiled straight from AOSP? That means you always get the latest security updates. Not a thing on OEM firmwares after the two or three year period of promised updates passes.

You can make it harder, slower. Might not get you if you have a time window. Dont stop resisting.

OP, add Xposed and tor.

>360d

Who's the pajeet?

Everybody here knows what is Tactical framing? That is used by corporate media for brainwash. Any ad and social media platform influencer. LTT, mkhd, you name it...

>root phone
How to make your phone a botnet in 5 easy steps.

Reminder that your phone still connects to google servers passively and you need to use AdAway (or a hosts file editor) to block this behaviour. Block these in your hosts file:
android.clients.google.com (breaks Yalp)
play.googleapis.com (breaks Yalp)
fonts.googleapis.com
connectivitycheck.gstatic.com
time.android.com
www.google.com (breaks captcha)
www.googletagmanager.com
(also use AdAway's DNS monitor to check if your device is leaking to any other unwanted domains, don't know if these are all of the default ones)
Install AFWall+ and only allow network for apps that really need it and those you trust. Most if not all system apps can be used without internet.

This Don't use a SIM card.

The point is to get away from Google and trashware/malware on it's app store. But if you really MUST use apps from it then at least use apps without ads and GSF, which you can filter in Yalp. Also always check if it has trackers using ClassyShark3xodus or the Exodus website.

>Reminder that your phone still connects to google servers passively and you need to use AdAway (or a hosts file editor) to block this behaviour.
Isn't all of this redundant when you have microG installed?

Having microG is already dumb. But why would any of this be redundant?

>Having microG is already dumb
How?

the first one was my mistake. and it wasn't cyanogenmod.

but even cyanogenmod/lineage - there are countless fucking phones, and each one, especially the old and/or obscure ones, they're maintained by one fucking guy. there isn't some overarching security board of 12 noblemen inspecting every single nightly build for every fucking phone out there to make sure it's a-ok. it's left up to the maintainer - you don't know who the fuck he is. there's no accountability if something goes wrong. this is all amaterur shit. and no one is answering this question: who the fuck has time to inspect the full source code or monitor packets and bits EVERY SINGLE DAY? what planet are you morons on? we're not all jobless neckbeards in mom's basement.

if you don't think this is true then you're a dumb boomer/zoomer.

that's the theory
but are you inspecting the final product in its entirety with every update every night?

You can stop using the internet and trow your phone away. Pretty secure in my experience.

Is it possible to use actual GPS (not that cell tower shit from microG) if you completely de-jewgle your phone?

Attached: anime question.jpg (433x380, 25K)

>being connected to google services
>not dumb
You tell me.

based and redpilled

Attached: japan cyber security.png (1366x768, 520K)

How are you being connected to Google services with microG? Everything works just fine with this disabled.

Attached: 4551.png (977x487, 43K)

this field is a non sens at this point, and this guy is just the best of them all !

I also didn't see a single one of those hosts in Adaway's DNS monitoring logs. And I've opened every piece of software I've allowed to connect to the internet.

GPS is botnet. Don't use it on your main device. But yes, you can use your own GPS server if you want.

This is like asking how are you being connected to Google if you use Google/Gmail on Firefox. Your device is connected to google servers. microG isn't anything fancy, it's just an open source alternative to standard google services but it's end result is the same just with less datamining. You're still leaking metadata. Even if they completely replace Google domains with their own you're still leaking metadata to the microG project when you can avoid all that.

>You're still leaking metadata
How and which metadata?
>you're still leaking metadata to the microG project when you can avoid all that.
It's starting to sound like you're full of shit. Especially considering .

lurk moar

best girl

>Especially considering
Monitor your network with wireshark. AdAway isn't reliable since it only responds to DNS requests.
>How and which metadata?
Your IP and time of connection at minimum.

Free software is always better. Always. Get off this board.

That isn't Ui

>Is there anything else that l can do to make my phone more secure?
Yes! KYS and go back to animescum.

Secure from what?

hah figures

anime website you fucking newfag

Figures what? He just said some random bullshit and you believe him?

yalp is by ruskie
aurora is by pajeet
ill take ruskie soft any day

I have no gapps or microg, gps works

Used to use APK Pure and Magisk

Netguard firewall.

Why would you root your os and then remove it and install IineageOs(then probably proceed to root it again with magisk)
Are you retarded

Now fuck off dipshit

Attached: chrome_2019-03-11_22-47-59.png (1341x611, 484K)

[citation needed]

Attached: 65716a94-1cd8-4e2e-adf7-846222b1198e..png (620x916, 257K)