Admit it, you would be okay with this if Intel had made it

Admit it, you would be okay with this if Intel had made it.

Attached: 19-113-284-04.jpg (1280x960, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eu8Sekdb-IE
cpubenchmark.net/compare/AMD-FX-8350-Eight-Core-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-1400/1780vs2992
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

tfw just pulled the trigger on one because i have an old am3+ mobo that needs a cpu
for price performance you really cant get 8 cores for 65 dollars with anyone else nowadays

It's actually really good price to performance for $65, a 2600K is like $90.and the 8350 has better multicore.

i would unironically buy this processor today if it had roughly the same performance on 2,0-3,5 ghz clocks and new production process that allows for 20-30W TDP or something.

Still rocking the fx8350. Works for me™

My brother still runs a 9000 series one on his system.

AMD is really catching up now, especially with Spoiler and 7nm process

Madman, those 9000 chips are binned pretty nice, they go 100MHZ faster than I do at any given voltage my 8350 does 4.5 with 1.40000v, but a 9000 chip might to 4.6GHz with ridiculously cool temps that I get at 4.5.

Aren't the A series that came after it basically FX modules but on smaller nodes?

They did shrink FX down to 28nm for the 7850K APU, but apparently they couldn't clock it as high or scale it up to a quad module CPU like the 8350, so they just refreshed pile driver with the 8370, 8320E, and FX9000 CPUs.

>Admit it, you would be okay with this if Intel had made it.
>high clocked shit that used lots of power and gives subpar performance
It's almost as if Netburst didn't exist. Oh wait, people weren't okay with netbursts. The core fuckery of FX is just a tiny addition to its problems, it's shit even if you run it in 1 core per module mode.

Yeah 28nm turned out to be really shit, that's one of reasons we never got Steamroller or Excavator FX CPUs. All the IPC improvements would be lost anyway due to it not clocking as high as Piledriver.

FX has one redeeming quality:
it's cheap and it works.

now, which one is the redeeming quality?

Intel is making it right now the 9900k is a product of the same desperation that created the FX 9590

I suppose the
>it works
one because compared to Phenoms it at least has a somewhat modern instruction set that doesn't lock you out from any software (yet)

Another FX apologist thread? Why are there some people out there that can't accept that FX was shit? FX made the CPU market a snoozefest for over half a decade. Go shove a cactus up your ass you FX apologist. Piledriver couldn't even consistently match Nehalem.

Attached: L_00006027.jpg (407x389, 84K)

inteltards have proven this with P4, PentiumD and the P3/2 during the K6/7 era.
now they prove it again with 7700, 8700 and 9{7,9}00. You can't even cool 7700 easily, it has horrible multithread performance, it came just a month before Ryzen and it was just a stutterfest.

Fuck off with your Judea slapped onto your mb

let's remind the faggots, what they are talking about
youtube.com/watch?v=eu8Sekdb-IE
>inb4 logan
Wendel did the benchmarks.
>inb4 hurr durr amd bad
reminder that Cray took bulldozer based opterons and made supercomputing great again.
top10 green had bulldozers with teslas.
Bulldozer was an I/O beast....
Inteltards the last 3 decades are about >muh FLOPs on CPU
guys, your CPU is for running general purpose code, not computational tasks.

I had an fx 6300. It was shit and i will never buy another amd product again

It's basically just the AMD equivalent of the Pentium D.
>Have an awful core design
>Take multiple cores and put them together to create an overheating piece of shit!

I have an FX 6300 right now, it IS absolute shit but I may consider a Zen 2 or higher if it lives up to the hype. I mean, at least now they have a competetive product.

Why do AMDrones always post that faked benchmark on FX threads? Logan and Wendell literally got paid by AMD to fake those benchmarks.

I forgot that Intel finally copied the Bulldozer Cache into their Bing-Bus Xeons.
and before that Intel copied the CPU interconnect for multi-CPU systems.
Now they are trying to copy the mcm design.
Also don't forget that Ryzen is Bulldozer at its heart.
CMT was changed to SMT, clock gating and the clock mesh was taken from Piledriver and Steamroller, Cache coherency was taken directly from bulldozer...

If you consider all these, bulldozer was the base that brought us Ryzen.
Don't feel bad inteltards, the boomer inteltards lived this nightmare in the 90s and 00s and did it fine. sudoku is not an option.

>source: my ass
how do you fake those benchmarks when everyone can run the same settings and get the results.
you must be completely stupid believing that a benchmark can be faked.
A benchmark can be rigged easily, e.g. anandtech running ryzen 1 with 2400MHz ram, but faked, never.

Wendell is a known amdrone. He even praised Radeon VII.

Who says I'm not

the only reason I still stick to intel is I don't know how good amd is, people say it's good but talk a lot of shit about it, bad drivers, issues etc.. with not having LOADS of money I'm too cautious about something I have no idea about. sounds ignorant i know

It's good but if you have a fairly modern intel system, like Skylake or newer, there's zero reason to upgrade unless you're 100% certain you can use all the extra threads.

>2000+19
>People are still defending their bulldozer purchases.
RYZEN exists now, you don't have to defend that garbage fire known as FX.

You can watch 2600K vs FX 2018 revisits and the i7 is even Further away performance-wise.
Those fake 8 cores never managed to age like "fine wine" like you faggots claimed.
Everything is Trash with FX, you need to accept that and move on.

Everything you said is incorrect.
Like holy hell, how does one get that much bad info?
>See Intel copied bulldozer so AMD is Tots better.
YIKES

When I can expect Zen2 ?

>If you consider all these, bulldozer was the base that brought us Ryzen.
>Also don't forget that Ryzen is Bulldozer at its heart.
Core architecture-wise Ryzen is literally Phenom III and SMT is just a copy of intel's HT

No, I wouldn't my FX6300 heats up the whole house.

Intel wouldnt have made it. That's why people are against it, because it's crap. Intel only make good things

>owned FX-4100 clocked to 4.4GHz
>Replaced with FX-6300 and better motherboard, clocked to 5.0GHz under AiO cooler
>Bought an FX-9590 when they came down to normal pricing ($250), clocked to 5.6GHz under a very expensive custom loop

My FX-9590 was 5.6GHz and I had dual R9-290X's under water with custom LN2 BIOS flashed. Was running 1420MHz on both cards. Ran like a raped ape in properly threaded workloads but was a pile of dog shit in most games. I still miss the amount of tinkering the AM3+ systems had :(. RIP my 5.6GHz 9590 paired with 16GB of DDR3 @ 2666MHz.

>5.6ghz
I'll take shit that never happened for $500 Alex.

Supposedly July we'll be seeing the 12c24t models and below of 7nm Ryzen. A 16c32t AM4 chip is rumored. Don't know how true it is though.

do you live in a small apartment?

Everyone says that, but I was able to get 5.2GHz with the stock voltage (1.5v). Prime95 stable too. I got 5.6GHz by boosting to 1.67v. Had it on an Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z 990FX motherboard. Had a waterblock for the VRM's/northbridge too.

Should I pull the trigger? Not gaymen too much, mostly boomer titles + would be kind of an upgrade to my fx 6300

Attached: Screenshot_20190311-220534_Chrome.jpg (1440x2960, 869K)

don't bother. Save your money and invest into Ryzen when you can. Would be a huge ugprade for you even if you only got something like a 2200G quad core.

>comparing modern Intel to FX trash
(lol

FX couldn't hold a candle to the last Core2Quad chips. The only real problem with 8th and 9th gen Intel parts is that they're more expensive compared to Ryzen.

If Intel lowered the price a bit it'll fly off the shelves.

No
Save it for ryzen or jewtel

What's your mobo though

Ok then, saving for ryzen 2

>only problem is that they're more expensive
That and they're nuclear furnaces that require top end motherboards to clock them properly. Not even riding AMD's dick, but Intel hasn't done anything note worthy since Sandy bridge other than re-release the same chip on the same socket 3 times and keep jacking up the clock speed.

Better value than Ryzen at least.
cpubenchmark.net/compare/AMD-FX-8350-Eight-Core-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-1400/1780vs2992

Does it not deserve praise? 16gb of vram and shit seems pretty useful to me

I bought an FX 8350 at launch. It was an okay-ish CPU back then, it's dogshit now.

Gigabyte GA-970-A DS3P (rev. 2.x)
Also to mention that my PCIEX4 slot died due to bad PSU, real shame desu, overall a good board and I never dared OC my FX6300 being afraid of fucking up my system stability

Post a screenshot of CPUz then.
Otherwise ur a lying pile of garbage.

Nigga, even the cheapest Ryzen chip is close to 2x faster than a FX chip

>SMT is just a copy of intel's HT
fucking hell you're retarded. you should be banned for posting shit like this

And they were. Though Dildozer isn't nearly as bad as Netbust was

Attached: pentium4.png (1200x1491, 1.82M)

I have a FX8320 (inb4 poorfag; I bought it in 2014 because it was like 50 dollars cheaper than the 8350 and is just a chip that didn't win the lottery) and my only complaint with it is that the Dolphin emulator devs are slaves to Israel and refuse to optimize for cpu's with more than 2 cores. Other than that, it is solid, and pairs well with my 750ti (I will admit that it is poorfag) and chink ssd.

Attached: 1497172045427.jpg (750x750, 545K)

can you put this in an AM4 motherboard running DDR4 memory?

No, the later FX series are AM3+ only and only support DDR3 as well.

im ok with it now

The FX8350 is a decent junker/backup PC. With a decent cooler on it and a big chunk of RAM its perfectly fine for office and network storage use, or even as an old emulation station.
Just don't expect it to do PS2 well or Dolphin without using most of its grunt. Or to go over 1080p.
I have mine paired up with a 270X 4GB and with a decent SSD its pretty solid to run lower intensity games like LEGO games for your nephew to have a quick g o on when he comes over being bored.
But I wouldn't use it to stream or anything. God no. The time it takes to load the streaming device up vs my main 6700k PC is embarrassing. Like a whole 20 second wait vs instant response.

>your CPU is for running general purpose code, not computational tasks.

Attached: 087.gif (326x281, 170K)

It sounds silly, but the FX chips are basically server CPUs on the desktop, even in the bios, there's an high performance computing setting typically reserved for a server.

Emulating each CPU on a different CPU is actually not as easy as you'd think. If you start from scratch with that in mind is hard, trying to convert is even harder. That's why most software is actually single-threaded even today, it's not just check the multi-thread ON.

Dolphin devs make it worse by being childish and retarded about AMD CPUs though, it's below /v/ level brand wars

That's pretty what my usecases are but I primarily use it for DX9 games in WINE and shitty "pixel art" (they never get it to look genuinely retro for some reason) indie games. I've told myself multiple times I'll upgrade to a Ryzen and 2050ti/1150ti or whatever NVIDIA releases for that form factor, but I'll likely keep using the FX8320 until it becomes too cumbersome to use.

As said, Dolphin devs will go into every nearly thread, anywhere, and tell people to only buy Intel, even against Ryzen CPU's, if they want to use the emulator. They do the same thing about Android flagships now, even though the S7 could run GC titles at full speed back then.

I do find it humerous that the raw computational power of an FX processor running Dolphin is only a little better than running Dolphin on an Intel 7Y30 tablet with an integrated HD615 onboard graphics.
Just goes to show how important special instructions like AVX and SSE4.2 are on the lower end. Vulkan eventually too once it gets truly stable.

Is there anyone having problems with Wii emulation on AMD tho? My 2400G HTPC runs Wii just fine and some Wii U games run too.

Yes, especially if you don't use native resolution. I remember being able to run Mario Kart Wii at 60fps at 1080p multiple years ago. There seems to have been a performance creep with Wii games, however I never tried the performance heavy games like Xenoblade.
F-Zero GX runs at half speed, for some reason, even though I've found videos of people running it at full speed on FX8350's (I'm the 8320 user).

Attached: able to run at 30fps as intended.png (1448x1080, 1.25M)

Isn't resolution more on the GPU side? Pretty sure it is.

I suppose there's no 1:1 equivalence to GPU calls, everything has to be CPU-translated before it gets processed by the GPU

Such garbage. I hope they hanged whoever thought it was a good idea to share resources.

I suspect the FX series gets bottlenecked somewhere in Dolphin, as I never fully utilized a single core or my graphics card. Maybe the emulatoe computes all the triangles in each resolution but it's just speculation on my part, as I've never read about the internals of Dolphin deeply. I really should though since I'm relatively invested into it.

>catching up now
that was 2017, now it's flat out better

Hi
Owner of a phenom IIx4 965BE, FX-6100, and Ryzen 2600 here
I highly recommend you NOT bother. The 8350 is good but not a significant jump from the 6300. If you had like a phenom iix3 or athlon iix4 and your mono supported the 8350 then yes. But since you have fx6300 I suggest no. Go ryzen or just keep using what you have wait for zen2.

>cherrypicking
If AMD made netburst they would be laughing stock for eternity...imagine...

You're right, I would've been, because then intel would've released something so bad that maybe people would've bought amd instead

The issue is that dolphin devs think "amd CPU = sempron = shit" but any ryzen chip even the ryzen 3 1200 or 2200g will handle gc emulation with no issue. it has at least has well levels of single threaded performance so if an i5-4570 can do it the r3-1200 can do it.

Its really a shame Intel can make whatever shit high watt CPU they want, their company is literally being sustained by dumbasses percieved idea of quality.

>benchmark_-_security_flaws_(more_is_better).jpg
No. I'm OK with it because it ISN'T intel.

Attached: 719b7b96c64743a4f60844c3f1683d665d3c09ae897abb04d991e3602a487ac9.png (349x427, 168K)

Like a year back, I bought the amd 1800x because it was on sale at microcenter for like $100. Fast forward to today, the same cpu is $230 cheapest.

What's with the sudden spike in prices? Are people finally buying more amd cpu?

>when you whoop the 3770's ass so hard at $195 they still get mad about it

Attached: Untitled.png (852x653, 153K)

I'm OK with it, I'm using it right now.

That just happens when hardware gets old, an X58 mobo is stupid expensive for no reason.