Why do people still use windows?

Don’t get it. It’s 2019 ffs.

Even Server side. Are they lazy or just fucking stupid?

Attached: 7501A21E-52F2-4682-85C8-5DAFF8730110.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/dec/23/elon-musk-neuralink-chip-brain-implants-humanity
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There's no reason not to unless you're a pedophile or a terrorist.

why do people feel superior by not running windows, is your life really that pathetic?

It is easy to use.

What do you think is a worthy alternative that is also superior for an average user?

Linux shitbrain devs can't release a single decent distro. You should be asking questions about that, not about Windows.

Why some half percent of computer/technology users on the planet use Linux OS?

It's shit. If these half percent drop Linux the world will be a better place

>posted from an Apple device
>/thread

Active Directory

Fuck average user. Because of them we are connected to the botnet. They are stupid.

For the redpilled user i suggest them to use BSD. Loonix/Gahnoo is a joke.

>They are stupid.
>i
Is that you, Pajeet?

but IIS10 is faster than NGINX & Apache

Because linux is a fragmented intolerable useless carnival ride of an OS of use to fucking now one except for its bash shell which now exists on windows through WSL.

LITERALLY the only useful thing linux is good for is mega ricing your desktop, that's it.

Hehe Nice

By the way do yo know that some browser addons change that? It’s so cool actually :^)

are you idiot? Even security expert use windows you fucking retard.

Do they also make you format your posts like a learning disabled person? :^)

>>even server side

Yeah bud how's active directory on Linux working? group policy? Also let's just check how much a windows system administrator costs a business to hire vs a Linux admin. Hmm it's a real mystery

this gif will explain it all.
The guy opening the door is the head of the sales team for Microsoft
the one who exits from the door is the user

Attached: is this you.gif (300x207, 1.86M)

Oh shit you got me. |:^)

—————-

Sended from my iPad Pro

Literally for games, adobe products, CAD software, or some specialty software that wine can't run

realmd is looking pretty good over here.
>windows admin is expensive
yeah because nobody wants to deal with that shit

The majority of people just know about Windows and Mac. And maybe some android, which for them, is just the other "phone" but apple. Why would anyone care about using something besides windows, when they have no idea such a thing even exists?

How do you tell?

Plus businesses like to have commercial support from a vendor who they can also hold liable when their shit doesn't work.

Excel macros.

Because everyone still uses windows software and wine is shit

They have or use software that only works on Windows, or performs significantly better.

That and inertia.

God you're real moron. Ignorant to boot. Windows server administratirs are waaay cheaper than Linux admins. Which is why businesses prefer them.

easy to learn*

Because it just work and there is no reason to stop using it.

Give me one(1) reason not to

So is anything else.

They're all people who know very little about computers.

Note: I am not saying they don't know a lot about how to USE computers. I'm sure they do. But they are not computer nerds. They don't know or care about how OSes are put together, and they all seem to have a difficult time distinguishing between the OS they use and the software that runs upon it, often leading them to cite software as an argument in favor of windows as an OS.

I have never met a windows user that didn't fit the above description (aside from the very young who don't fit the above description and haven't yet realized that windows/mac aren't all there is).

>silly windows/mac users dont know about all those advantages like ???
this is how you sound

You turn off the newfag filter

Maybe because they have jobs? What are you going to do when your boss tells you to get the new odbc powershell macro excel reports to the client right away and all you've got is some open-libre-commie office that can't even implement unicode right?

They are pre-installed and most of the people are simply moronic drones afraid of a console window

This.
/thread

linux is shit for daily driver also no games and no wine is trash

because linux development is a uniformly disgraceful piss party of incompetence and i prefer to be able to use software written by people who don't think "copy+paste reams of arcane gibberish into a terminal" counts as a user interface

Why do people still use desktops? It's 2019 ffs

Videogames, for the most part.

apparently. they also boast about the lesser gaming ecosystem on linux by making fun of people who play games, yet they go and listen to music, watch movies, browse Jow Forums, etc on the linux machine. retards

>There's no reason not to unless you're a pedophile or a terrorist.
What happens when being a terrorist is the same as not reporting to disintegration station when your number is called up by random by the computer you fucking drone?

Attached: 57.jpg (1585x1527, 140K)

Because Applel is garbage and Linux is either shit or requires too much effort for zero gain. I'm not an american so I do not give a shit about the minimal telemetry NSA gets from my OS usage.

>not reporting to disintegration station when your number is called up by random by the computer

you're and adult now user
nothing of that exists

I'm a music producer, theres no way I can live without windows (plugins/vsts/daws are a windows chain in my leg). I still dream about the day I could use linux 24/7..

Right, they first got to install the chip in your head before they can just turn you off remotely on detecting wrongthink

to be honest, they indeed can instal a chip in your colon nowadays

with all the homosexuality around

You might need to lay off Jow Forums

Can you run FFXIV on linux yet?

Attached: 1512433669254.jpg (1000x548, 14K)

Its all about compatibility. ... you can install lots of crap on your windows system.... cracked games,,, and other software which is hardly avaiable on alternative oses

Because the other OS are no better

>You might need to lay off Jow Forums
No, user, you need to have a look whats happening off Jow Forums, the meatspace is unraveling right now
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/dec/23/elon-musk-neuralink-chip-brain-implants-humanity

Didn't Elon Musk also say we should be worried about AI and it uprising?

>Didn't Elon Musk also say we should be worried about AI and it uprising?
No, you're clearly not listening to what hes saying at all

Hes warning you about the people owning the robots being able to order the robots to genocide everyone and the robots won't think twice and be like good little Germans where it comes to following orders

tldr;
Robots are dangerous precisely because they are incapable of rebelling

Attached: einstein_almonds.jpg (259x181, 11K)

I mean, I'm kinda waiting for Ghost in the Shell cyber bodies. So I'm not particularly bothered by chips.

They're never going to give you a body they don't have control over, you piss someone off you're literally shut off remotely without warning, heck, they _WILL_ start doing that in the name of fighting global warming just to reduce emissions

Ultimately I have a job and therefore my time is not valueless. There's still too many things with Linux that make it a hobbyist distro on the desktop. Stuff that should be simple and just work because time consuming to solve. None of its difficult, I've been fixing problems with Linux installs for years, but it is time consuming and these days I just want to have my computer turn on and do the shit that I want it to do without me having to stop and figure out why it's having unintended behaviour. It doesn't help that the freetard movement means rather than people collectively working on a set of useful tools, we have 3 competing versions of everything that are shitty in different ways.

Who's they?

Because microsoft ownes directx

The people who decided to confiscate all civilian firearms and ban gasoline vehicles

electric vehicles cannot be used in a anti-government popular uprising because access to fuel can be killed remotely

0 carbon is impossible, you exhale half a metric ton a year, they're going to fucking murder everyone, and the cows

Actually it's not a feeling of superiority, it is simply that you dont use a hammer to saw wood and you dont use windows if you work in the IT industry in an area of IT that requires servers, super computers, or decent programming facilities native to the operating system. somewhere around 80% of servers, 100% of supercomputers, and 95% of programmers run linux. I would recommend home users or hobbyists should stick to windows. It works well in the home environment. Those who in the IT industry should be familiar with Linux as they will most likely be required to know something about it in their job

And who wants this?

What even are the alternatives?

Most places will run a few Windows servers you brain dead idiot

>And who wants this?
The people who are calling for 0 carbon emissions. Only way to tighten the belt to zero is to kill the person in the pants

Nigam nobody is calling for that shit. They mean 0 man made artificial carbon emissions. You're extremely paranoid.

first they came for alex jones

Attached: 1984_boot_orwell.jpg (570x311, 69K)

>They mean 0 man made artificial carbon emissions.
Carbon from animals cannot be chemically discerned from carbon from volcanos or steel mills, they act the same in atmosphere, either the carbon is a problem or it isn't

Also, global temperature has gone up already +6c past 20k years and is already headed up, we're not back to pre-ice age temperatures because the permafrosts that didn't exist before ice age haven't melted yet

Attached: 500_metric_ton_proof_of_ice_age_kummakivi_siirtolohkare_jääkausi.jpg (300x210, 31K)

Dude congrats on the IT tech support help desk job. It’s honestly amazing you have that job considering how unintelligible your pseudo-stats on Linux usage is. You’re probably a fat greasy Indian dude who just rants on muh Linux muh Supercomputers, meanwhile you are designated to work in a capacity that an average high schooler would succeed in

LOL I have worked for major corporations
small businesses and medium sized businesses.
Maybe about 20 years ago businesses ran windows servers, these days only shit tier startups with directors that know nothing will run windows servers
Show them how to switch to linux and the benefits of it and they invariably do. The days of the windows server for tech savvy companies are long gone. Hahahahaha what businesses do you work for? I seriously havent come into contact with a business running windows servers for quite some time. I actually work for a company that deals with windows and linux servers but it's rare that anyone phones these days saying I want windows servers setup. Usually if they run windows desktops they just want a nas drive or two. I cant even think of a company who phoned in the last 15 years that wanted a windows server setup, if we advise on servers we setup linux servers. we have the expertise to do windows servers but never get asked any more

Because since 10 was released there have been hate on here by people who don't play video games or use it for work, it's part of the scenery like apple or xiamomi shilling

Attached: KL_Cyrix_FasMath_CX83D87.jpg (999x1011, 168K)

Supermarkets, airlines, banks here in UK still mainly use windows..

So you're a retarded 14 y/o shitposting on Jow Forums and have no real-world experience, eh? I'm a Linux server admin for about a decade now. I love Linux. But guess what? Windows is easy as fuck for normies to use and Microsoft has a very cohesive suite of management tools to manage end-users on your network.

That's why. You think the licenses are expensive? How about the amount of training and support staff needed to manage a Linux network. Worrying about hardware and software compatibility and the limitations thereof? Trying to do anything productive without the support of 3rd parties?

Don't open your mouth when you don't know what you're talking about.

Attached: blackhole_brain.jpg (903x960, 52K)

No shit we can't tell the difference between cow farts and volcano farts, but we can measure and tell how much carbon our machines make. They do act the same in the atmosphere but when you make shit tons of it, it gets worse. Fucking duh

The people running the EU will 100% first resort the literally genociding europeans than recolonizing africa to cull their growing emissions

Best hardware support and a licence that allows effective business models.

Attached: 1530565389347.jpg (800x800, 56K)

>these factories sure are making a lot pollution
>should we get rid of them?
>nah fuck it let's genocide Europe instead.

what's a GOOD replacement for Active Directory?

yeah but even thats becoming rare. A lot of banks in Europe are switching to Linux
In fact all the banks I have done work for will use large mainframe systems for transaction services, so not a server setup at all. Banks will use a variety of operating systems, mini computers, mainframes, servers. It's a lot more complex than you imagine in the banking world. I mean some use neither linux nor windows but unix on their mini installations, and on their mainframes but their cash machines use windows

Fuck you asshole, I just play games on it and I'm a NORMIE
yeah that's right, fuck you and your icon Stallman. Go install LineageOS on your phone, I bet you don't even use stock android or oxygen os. The rest are ass, never used a phone that didn't have stock or oxygen.

Adobe
Office
Video Games

Dude, did you not hear the bell ringing?
Bill wants his cock sucked, you better go do your job

Attached: bill gates.gif (640x360, 1.89M)

Still hundreds of millions of those shitty self service running windows at supermarkets..

>self service till
>server
bwuhahahahahahahah woooooo hahahahahahahahah

Attached: gates.gif (350x350, 144K)

>muh web servers and supercomputers
cs 101 retard tier shitpost

imagine all truck driving jobs have been automated amazon decides if you can even get food shipments to your area or if they want to starve you we going full cyberpunk soon

The building came with them. You can still hang blankets over them, though.

Filenames

I have the actual answer. People use WIndows because it's the best for gaming.

>you are and adult
wat

>attempts falseflag for fagOS vs wangblows
>instead gets GAHNOO/LEENUHX shitposting

I use win10 only on a VM.

MacOS also has this problem

worst excuse in the thread lmaoThsisisNigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga niggaSame bro I use win10 cuz of that it uhh st wotks bro just works jsutbsbrowkrs.
Yea but framerate isnt as good as windows so

Windows has a great UI. I want a Windows UI, with Ubuntu font rendering, but Fedora for the underlying OS.