What's the most aesthetic dumbphone...

What's the most aesthetic dumbphone? One that would've looked exceptionally professional back in the 90s or 00s and could be easily paired with an IBM Thinkpad design-wise. Bonus points for box shaped and monochrome display.

Attached: 1_XAixK45Mjv50XaeUlnH7VA[1].jpg (740x493, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e8hTNJNScYA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump

Those shiny Motorola's.

I may have found peak aesthetics. Pic related.
Please be more specific, what model or at least post a picture.

Attached: First_Generation_Motorola_StarTAC_cellular_phone[1].jpg (2392x2805, 1.49M)

Don't remember the specific model, looked like this, but the front was all smooth too without the camera bump as far as I remember.

Attached: motorola-w490.jpg (138x184, 8K)

Sony Ericsson w715
If 2g wasn't being shut down, I'd probably buy one... But then you gotta remember all the batteries made for it are all 12+ years old, so they won't hold a charge.

Attached: sony-ericsson-w715-vodafone-payg-d.jpg (350x250, 51K)

cute shitbox desu

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (279x599, 37K)

Holy shit this one brings back memories. I remember trading black eyed peas songs over Bluetooth.

is that a KRZR?

Attached: 12_21_18_pic_233.jpg (450x439, 33K)

This taco right here.

Attached: Nokia-NGage-LL.jpg (1200x685, 158K)

yes all the thots had these before smart phones

these cheap little chinese "M5"s are more recent, but they tick all the boxes.

Attached: 61gAXo-JH4L._SX679_.jpg (679x679, 42K)

do u zoomie mongs mean the Motorola RAZR V3?

Attached: ac27ed8d-eb9c-4d64-9dac-8278bd0bb163.jpg (800x600, 70K)

I'm not a thot
Yeah that's the one

Nokia communicator 9000
It's basically a nokia dumbphone + a tiny DOS PC running GEOS glued together

Attached: 1-format43.jpg (2048x1616, 509K)

prove it

I liked the dark version was dope af.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (640x480, 60K)

Attached: 1550618767268.jpg (3264x2448, 1.21M)

my dad used this shit back in the day, he was a surgeon RIP in comfy dad uwu

Attached: Nokia-6111.jpg (526x590, 93K)

LONDON

h-how did you know?

Attached: 1541925939896.jpg (756x1008, 543K)

I don't think your father would approve of you posting "uwu" now would he?

unironically this
hospitals are bringing pagers back, when will we?

Attached: motorola_advisor_gold_pager_001.jpg (1200x803, 97K)

s-stop im on no fap

Can a dumb pc gaymer pick up programming from a book like that? I just want to provide for my beautiful transgender girlfriend, which I'm currently looking for.

thanks for ruining the thread with your faggotry, faggots

The thing is this nigger
Is not even me
It's some tranny discord shit again

nokia 1100 looked nice

youtube.com/watch?v=e8hTNJNScYA

Attached: nokia 515.jpg (317x159, 7K)

I really like the design on this credit card phone

Attached: gift-ifcane-e1-card-phone-arabia-russian.jpg (1200x901, 101K)

Attached: alcatel_ot_701_silver.jpg (513x780, 37K)

I think the display is a major part of the aesthetics. From best to worst:
>monochrome LED
>monochrome LCD with that blue/green electroluminescent backlight
>those two tone blue/yellow OLED displays
>monochrome LCD with a green or orange backlight, and the keys backlit in the same color
>anything else that starts emphasiszing the device as something more than a dedicated phone
>other monochrome LCD configurations

Attached: Motorola MicroTAC Elite.jpg (600x378, 86K)

present

Attached: p.jpg (660x420, 35K)

fuck man, this was my first phone.
good memories.

i can remember tradding crazy frog and scatman via IR
Holding the phones as close as possible to try max out the data transfer speeds

For me it's Sony CMD-Z1

Attached: 1116-012-Original-SONY-CMD-Z1-Plus-Mobile-Phone-07.jpg (1000x1000, 219K)

nokia 8110. I've been considering the recent re-release of this one.. bonus phone Nokia e71/72

Attached: download.jpg (474x578, 26K)

The Sony CD5 was very comfy to use back in the day, it has a jogdial, aka a little scrollwheel that lets you navigate menus very quickly.

Attached: Telefon_komórkowy_SONY_CMD-CD5.jpg (1916x2592, 1.74M)

anyone remember the long and kinda slender candy bar shaped phone with a circular button in the middle of it, that had such an interesting form factor

this looks great

It's still one of the thinnest phones ever. Weighs literally nothing and doesn't bulge out even in skinniest jeans.

Attached: Getfile.jpg (800x600, 81K)

>referring to women as 'thots'
Cringe and incelpilled

I had one exactly like this.

>Flat buttons
Kill yourself

based
it took fucking ages tho

>jogdial
was based as fuck, too bad it wasn't widely adopted

Goatse - the phone.

Samsung used to have great designs, what the hell happened

Attached: gsmarena_003.jpg (800x600, 70K)

Nokia 6310i or 6510

Sony Ericsson P1

Attached: sony-ericsson-p1.jpg (1200x1600, 108K)

>I've been considering the recent re-release of this one
The re-release one is a perfectly good phone, except for one thing that completely kills it. The T9 typing. It's fucking awful. There is no option to add custom words, the auto-capitalization doesn't work, you have to go through two to four menus to access punctuation. Trust me, I have one and I'd be using it right now if it wasn't for the absolutely horrid T9. It turns what could've been a great phone into an unusable piece of turd. Hopefully GerdaOS fixes this shit.

What model is the flip with big red indicator near the top of the picture?

Nokia 8810

t20e is kino

Attached: Ericsson_T20e.jpg (800x1139, 312K)

Thatsa shame. I've been looking for a phone with gps and 4g only I'm sick of smart phones. I'll keep looking

Attached: x140.jpg (450x370, 53K)

Chink mini android phone is answer.

Display too small for media consumption, still has gmaps and everything else you'll need.

For me, it's the alias. Quite literally one of the best and most comfy phones I've ever used. If there was a re release of this with gps and a couple of qol additions I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Attached: alias.jpg (1500x1490, 167K)

My favourite phone

Attached: c200662617416_01.jpg (1200x849, 593K)

Attached: 3251040773.jpg (640x480, 44K)

I can understand "we tried joystick for the first time and we fucked it up", but for fuck's sake there were SE phones with joystick before, I had my T300 working perfectly for 3 years, while this shitpad was busted after 3 months.

Attached: 8027910.jpg (750x750, 83K)

Attached: item_XL_645458_1904868.jpg (476x586, 49K)

I had that phone, and pic related before that

Attached: sony-ericsson-w810i-full-1.jpg (593x384, 35K)

Looks like some Massdrop hipster shit.

Very cute

I remember wanting one of these, haha.

fuck, my classmate had a Walkman edition and I was always so jealous

Ericcson coming through

Attached: 18_21_50_Ericsson_GF_768_.jpg (200x200, 12K)

The Thinkpad of dumbphones.

>thin as fuck (mine still works, just needs a new battery)
>HSDPA internet
>java apps
>3MP (or 2.1, don't remember) camera with flash and video recording
>µSD storage expansion
>battery lasted for several days

maybe I should revive this thing and use my V20 only for work.

Attached: d900.jpg (1024x768, 175K)

Easy only issue is installing new software like games or applications because for some reason Samsung thought having it be as tight as a clam was a good idea to protect against virus

Attached: Samsung Evergreen.png (830x467, 528K)

just look at this cute motherfucker.

Attached: picture_for_ants.jpg (319x180, 10K)

>batteries

from what I remember isn't that only a problem in the U.S.A,couldn't you just import them from a different country they're still being manufactured in mint condition right?

as someone who has been repairing cell phones for like 20 years now, this is one of the most unreliable (non apple) phones ever

Nothing is reliable if you treat it like shit.
I used mine for several years heavily (till the fucking paint started coming off some of the keys) and it still worked when I put it away.

What issues did you encounter?
Note that this is D900, not the admittedly brittle D910.

Have xperia x with ~10-15dB of attenuation on both 2.4 and 5ghz wifi bands. I've checked connectors and coax cables, everything seem to be ok. Any ideas what could be the problem? Is wifi part is soc these days?

Usually people would send them in because the screen stops working (aka just goes white) or the phone doesn't boot at all
I don't see many of Sony phones these days but I do remember Sony having software issues that caused wifi to be poor or keep dropping. I would check for a software update.
Also yes, everything is being integrated into the SOC these days.

So how many of these phones could you get working today? Are there still networks you could use them on?

i got the razr as my first phone, in the 7th grade over 10 years ago. I still remember the smell of the box

It's hardware issue or maybe it's just bad design, I don't have another X to compare it with, just old Z3. Also symptomatic is that if I disconnect all coax cables there's no difference in signal strength however it's really hard to pinpoint anything since I don't even know which one is used for wifi, no service manual, can't find anything in fcc database.

Where to get service manuals these days? Back in Nokia times those where just plain .pdf files, can't find anything for newer phones.

Assuming that their unlocked & have 3G yeah most of em will work just fine,I can even use the GPS on pic/related

Attached: Nokia N95 2007.jpg (800x600, 46K)

I like my Nokia. Still take it /out/ as emergency phone.
USB port in my smartphone got fucked recently, and I've been using it for the past 2 weeks. I forgot how light & small phones used to be.
Not to mention the battery life.... charged it 2 weeks ago, and so far only one bar on the indicator is gone (3-4 short conversations a day).

All of them, I think. I recently opened my bag of grandpas, they all worked fine.
At least in EU.

Attached: pobrane (5).jpg (218x231, 8K)

the N95 is a smartphone not a dumbphone

strong contender here

Razr is always a good standard for “top-tier” aesthetic dumbphone

was it this little slut, the Samsung Juke? I’ve never met anyone who had it, but I remember seeing it while looking for a new verizon phone

ooh not bad

fuck off modernfags, nobody wants you here.

forgot picrel

Attached: image.jpg (350x350, 47K)

Service manuals today we usually get on forums, or physically on USB flash drives from Shenzhen.

It depends on where you live and who your carrier is. In the US:
>1G was shut down completely in 2008, but only a couple phones in this thread would have used that
>AT&T has already shut down their 2G serivce and Verizon is shutting down theirs at the end of this year, T-Mobile and Sprint will be shutting theirs down in the following years
>for 3G, Verizon is going to be the first company to shut theirs down at the end of this year with other companies following over the next few years
>in the event that you want an older phone that supports 4G, make sure it supports VoLTE as older 4G phones couldn't do voice over 4G
Other than that, you just need to be sure whatever phone you're looking at uses bands that your carrier supports.

Are there any good modern alternatives that look similar to a dumbphone? It would be nice to use an old phone like in this thread but I'm not for sure if I could easily get my hands on one.

The microtac in most of its forms but i like the look and feel of the International 5200 the best!
That is such a wall street looking phone! And the size if really nice in your hand with and without the extended size battery!

But if you want a smaller nice looking phone then the T28 by Ericsson looks and feels amazing!
The automatic flip open button on the side, that professional looking gray/blue front and the metal backside accompanied with the black battery! Perfection!

i really miss the old yuppie take on the phones.

Attached: t28.jpg (1200x1149, 183K)

That's a smart taco, not a dumb one.

There are 4G dumb phones on the market, along with 4G "dumb phones" like the new Nokia 8110 4G that run OSes such as KaiOS that have all the shit you'd expect to find in a stock smartphone including Google integration. There are also some Android flip phones. You really just need to actually look at what's on the market these days and you'll find something that you'll be able to use for the forseeable future unless you're looking for a landscape slider (since I'm pretty sure those fell out of popularity before VoLTE became common).

I had that one but it was in black.

stand aside peasants, nokia e90 communicator coming through

Attached: 20180617_160723.jpg (3264x2448, 2.88M)

how did you get maps to show up can't get mine up & running because I can't seem to download the maps for it?

>wanting a restricted phone that is still 100% botnet
why

>nokia e90 communicator
also a smartphone

So that I stop shitposting so much while at work.

cool it with the exclamation points, tranny.

>b-but it isn't perfect
Just having to worry about your cell carrier selling your rough location data and data about your usage of your cell phone is significantly better than all the shit you can expect if you don't have a smartphone with a good custom ROM without GApps and aren't hyperaware of what you're installing (which quickly results in so much data about you being sent to so many different parties that it's unlikly one could fit a detailed description in a single post here). Also, considering a dumbphone only functions as a phone they're a lot easier to turn off or leave behind when you don't need them, during which time your cell carrier isn't getting updates on your location data, vs a smartphone that you spent your time securing so you can use it for other purposes while maintaining all the privacy issues you can expect from any phone.

That is 10/10 aesthetic right there

Why should i?
Im not taking orders from you!