/spg/ - Smartphone General

That QWERTY Phone Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: gmi7.jpg (1218x1000, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

phonearena.com/phones/size/Xiaomi-Mi-A2,Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-7,Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-6-Pro,Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-5-Pro/phones/10869,11110,11056,10747
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

a dead thread for dead phones!

How can brands like LG, Won't, and HTC even compete anymore? They can't shamelessly steal tech like Xiaomi and Oppo, nor can they tend RnD like Samsung, Google or One plus. Not to mention their UI sucks. how soon before they kick the bucket?

>how soon before they kick the bucket?
Well, it seems that they both have. HTC went full retard and started releasing some 720p devices last year. LG on the other hand has been plagued by laughably poor quality control and everything they've released from the Nexus 5X to the V20 bootlooping.

LG and Sony can keep their smartphone divisions going because the other divisions are still bringing in profits, but HTC doesn't really have that luxury so they'll probably be the first to go.

Am I the only one ITT who has a main phone and then uses their old phone as a backup phone? when I got my bonus this year from work, I decided to splurge for the Mi Mix 3. I had been using a Redmi Note 5 Pro, which was in fine condition. Will it die if I just keep the RN5 Pro in my drawer until I may need to use it again?

>Am I the only one ITT who has a main phone and then uses their old phone as a backup phone?
I don't think so, it's a smart thing to do. If your phone happens to require a replacement of any parts, it's a good idea to have a functioning backup device.
>Will it die if I just keep the RN5 Pro in my drawer until I may need to use it again?
How could it die? Just keep it turned off until you need it.

it won't die but the battery will keep degrading even with the phone turned off. To minimize that, keep the battery capacity at around 40-50% and top up when required so it doesn't discharge completely.

Keeping the battery stored in cool place improves longevity as well.

is poco f1 still a good purchase?

what about oneplus 6 (non t)?

which one do i choose?

oneplus 7 has no jack which i need. and i dont see poco f2 coming out (no news update).

help

>is poco f1 still a good purchase?
Yes
>what about oneplus 6 (non t)?
It's good, but battery's not great
>which one do i choose?
If you want aong-lasting battery--->Pocophone
If you don't use your phone for long hours and you are looking for something with a good design----> Oneplus 6
>oneplus 7 has no jack
I think you mean 6t

Anyone else day 1 buyin this bad boy?

Attached: g8.png (1200x675, 519K)

>day one buying anything from a dying company and a company which had 5 devices that bootlooped

So guys I think it's time to let my LG G4 go.

I've been thinking about Mate 20, the non-pro version. It's either this or oneplus 6t. I like mate 20's larger battery, I think I like OP6T's in-display fingerprint scanner (tho it seems like a gimmick but looks cool as fuck). Then again, Huawei has the IR blaster (I used a fuck out of that feature in LGG4) and a headphone jack. And I'm a bit worried about the size (that's what she said)- both seem to be a bit on the fuck-man-good-luck-using-it-with-one-hand side.

Opinions on the two? I'm leaning towards mate 20.

oh my god this is so CUTE!!

Attached: s10e.jpg (1400x1400, 248K)

It's the same size as an iPhone XR, that hand model is just a fucking giant.

No it's not, it's almost the same size as XS tho, [spoiler]Frodo[/spoiler].

Looking for a phone that is around or under £500, has a headphone jack and a great screen and is relatively durable. Great camera is a plus but I can live without

So far the mate 20 is leading the pack but I've heard questionable things about the performance and it's not an amoled screen. I'm willing to spend more if the phone will last a couple of years more. My HTC 10 is dying but it's about that old now so I can't really complain.

What's your guys general opinion on the Xiaomeme Mix 2s?
It looks pretty good to me and has official Lineage support.
I like some chin on my phone because of the way I hold it and I give zero fucks about selfies, so what's the catch on this thing? Specs look like the Pocophone without disgusting notch and I like the Zirconium back, so what's the catch on this thing?

Attached: mi mix 2s.jpg (1352x1000, 152K)

s9+

>iphone clone #214
nah

>what's the catch on this thing?
Made out of Chinesium

Literally no catch, maybe the display is not as vivid

Yeah you got me, I'm 5'6'' and I use a XZ1C

Attached: 1510773152497.png (882x758, 16K)

no sd card and no headphone jack. only usb 2.0 speed (same with poco)

>same with poco
Pocophone does have SD card slot and jack tho.

I mean just for the usb speed.

poco has both wtf lol

Attached: phonephag.png (2246x1080, 2.81M)

It's slightly more expensive than the pocophone, a bit worse screen probably, but it looks way better without the shitty notch and with the ceramic back.

IMO it's a better phone to get than the poco.

170euros import eurotax for an s10 with snapdragon through amazon.com, fuggg

Attached: 9f9.png (1065x902, 1.49M)

Any recommendations on a phone around $300. I'm looking for a decent camera + NFC, anything decent by Xiaomi?

>Xiaomeme Mix 2s
>IPS screen >rounded screen >gorilla glass 4 >gamer SoC and RAM >no NFC
WTF is that hole at the bottom? Don't get me wrong, I want a good notchless but affordable phone to exist. This is notchless but neither of those above criteria

mi mix 2

I'm going to get a new phone sometime this year to replace my old LG G4. I thought about getting a LG V50 ThinQ when it comes out. I'm just looking for something that's good value and will last me a long time. I refuse to buy chink phones.

What do you think I should get user?

Correction, it has NFC and I do like a phone that comes in white.

>gamer SoC and RAM
What the fuck are you talking about retard?
Also, it has NFC.

Get it off eBay, there's a seller in Europe so no import taxes

Mi Mix 2S or Mi8

>(s)He thinks that adults would knowingly waste battery life on snapdragon 800 series

Jow Forumsizen here
I have acquired a Samsung Galaxy S9+
it was reset and now it's locked because G00gle.
all the videos I see are pajeets and they don't work with whatever version of Android this is running.
all the websites want me to buy shit.
I have a cable for it so I can connect it to my computer.
what do I need to download to bypass FRP?

what do you mean its locked?

What exactly made you think the 800 series aren't the most efficient choice?

Mi Mix 2s if you want something a bit more high quality.
Pocophone if you don't give a fuck about the notch and the fact that it's made of plastic. It also has a better battery, SD card slot and headphone jack.
Give it back Laquisha

You need to return it, Sanjesh.

>Notched

be gentle, I am currently using an iPhone 4.

You cant just simply go into download mode and flash the rom again?

Xiaomi Mi 9 SE ?

It really is. Kinda wish I went with the S10 or S10e. The screen is seriously unmatched

It doesn't change the fact that you probably bought a stolen phone.

God I cant wait for the redmi note 7 pro global version. Worthy note 3 successor.

Give it back deshawn

They all are slowly leaving the Smartphonemarket, since it isn't really profitable anymore.

But the new LGs look good imho.

Can I change a S9+'s software away from Samsung's awful bloat easily or is it a chore?

wow that is nice, how much?

Get the original owner to remove the FRP

Has anyone figured out how to fix the wifi issue with the original pixel on Android pie

Install Lineage

I am a different guy with the same question
also is it possible to roll back from PIE I got sodomized by it

Are there options to get a samsaung compatible fast charger without spending the money on the actually samsung one"

Yes

Does anyone have mi8?
If so does it overheat?

Literally any QC2.0 charger will do (or QC3.0, since it's backwards compatible)

Mi Mix 3 or Mi 9 or wait for OP7?

Looking to upgrade my phone currently I have a Xiaomi Redmi 4X, pretty happy with the phone just 2 problems, I would like a better quality camera and my headphone jack is busted

So
Features : Big battery ( same or bigger than the 4X)
Better camera
If it has a 3.5mm jack or only ubs- c its the same for me

Max budget : 5800 mexican pesos or 300 usd

HTC is pretty much dead, they haven't had a good phone since the One M7. LG's focus on high quality audio give them a niche audience, but the bootloop scandal hurts them a lot. They had a niche with the V-line (phablet form factory, ticker screen, removable battery, IR blaster, ESS Sabre DAC), but only the high quality DAC and amplifier remains. The V50's second screen case might be a gamechanger though.

Poco

what city?

YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE ANDROID HOWEVER YOU WANT!
of course you can't rid of this stupid fucking shit.

Attached: LEv7wm.png.jpg (180x320, 8K)

what shit? the bar?

you can turn that off

Wait for the Mix 3 5G.

pretty sure you're a dotard

Attached: 1549103753091.jpg (645x1000, 107K)

The shadow edge effect from over scrolling.
Then tell me how to turn it off

I thought it's the moto keyboard mod chink guy's qwerty phone. He was cool, he gave back money for backers after it turned out that mass producing moto keyboards won't work out after all. I got back my money and ended up with keyone, can't complain, keyone is amazing.

Attached: DYrm_WlU0AAsYQI.jpg large.jpg (2048x1536, 294K)

Then how do I disable the edge effect shadow?

Then why not go down to oreo?

GDL

cringe

damn I wish my brain was a wizard in a spooky old tower

For about 800-1200 pesos more (depending where you look) you can get a Pocophone which greatly improves battery life. You can also install Gcam.

I really dont know my man, I was looking at the Mi 9, Note 7 Pro or just say fuck it and go with the Mate 20 Pro ( or the equivalent in this year line-up)

don't listen to the pocophone shills, they are literally paid by Xiaomi to sell that meme brickphone to autists

the Note 7pro has same battery 4000mAh, better camera, doesn't look like something out of 2007

the Mi9 is 240 USD more than the Note 7 pro what are you on about ?

Are there any issues with lineage 16 on the pixel?

>huuur Xiaomi shills
>recommends and discusses other Xiaomi phones
What exactly is wrong with you?

mi a2 or a2 lite? is the camera on the a2 so much better than the a2 lite? i would of course use gcam

Neither really. The A2 lacks a micro SD card slot, 3.5mm headphone jack, has a problematic EMMC and has just 3000 mAh. A2 Lite on the other hand has a notch, 4 GB of RAM max and a Snapdragon 625. How about a Redmi Note 5/Redmi Note 7 Pro?

have you guys asked bixby to rap? Can't tell whether its based or cringe

The notes are too big for me.

Enjoy all the drawbacks of the two you've mentioned then. You really shouldn't be doing that. If anything, the built-in full screen gestures render the "too big point" moot. There's also an app called Fluid Navigation Gestures.

They aren't updating the 5G version to have hdr10+ and gorilla glass 6?

If you say it has problems with its internal storage, that's an issue. And 3000 mAh kinda sucks. On the other hand the cameras on the Mi A2 Lite are kinda shitty, I like to take pictures (I was actually thinking of getting a proper camera instead, but I don't like taking pictures that much either).

As a reference, I am currently using a Nexus 4, the headphone jack is fucked and I can't listen to music. The battery is real shitty and it dies really fast and the camera takes really shitty pictures. Plus it only has 8GB of internal storage. I have survived so far, so it's not like I need a microSD card, I think 32 GB or 64GB would be more than enough for me all things considered (for music I actually have a dedicated player, but I like to explore music with spotify).

I used to have a Mi Mix 2 but I got niggered and now i don't really want to have another nice phone.

>The notes are too big for me.
They're the same size as the A2 though

Really? Then maybe the A2 is not the phone for me. Is the camera of the Redmi Note 7 better than the one on the A2?

>Really?
Yeah, you can check the physical dimensions on Gsmarena or use the phone size comparison tool by Phonearena:
phonearena.com/phones/size/Xiaomi-Mi-A2,Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-7,Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-6-Pro,Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-5-Pro/phones/10869,11110,11056,10747

>Is the camera of the Redmi Note 7 better than the one on the A2?
I haven't seen a comparison between the two but I'd assume so. Though you might want to wait for the Note 7 Pro, it has an even better camera on it.

Oh, and if you want something a bit more compact then check out the Mi9 SE, hasn't launched globally yet but hopefully it will soon

MIUI though... it really sucks ass, I hate it (i've had several xiaomemes and always try to take miui as fast as i can).

Why do people say that this app is for niggers?

Attached: waze-logo800.jpg (800x392, 21K)

AYO HOL UP

Attached: Screenshot_20190311-193051~01.png (598x777, 64K)

lm trying to root my moto g6 play but when l get to the part to where l have to fastboot the twrp.img into the ADB fastboot on my computer, it just says that it can't find the specific path or cannot load, please help.

Attached: iwuwdc.png (1366x768, 72K)