FUCK YOU FUCKHEAD, W7 FOR LIFE

youtube.com/watch?v=RFHBBN0CqXk

Attached: shill.jpg (1285x696, 502K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fsf.org/about/what-is-free-software
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_software
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

security updates is the killer app thats finally gonna get me to update to windows 10

Damn in that thumbnail he looks like he's wearing one of those sailor uniforms. That would be so cute, his twink little body in that uniform... mmhmmmhmmm... I certainly could slurp him up, just imagine him whimpering while clutching his clothes

Just pirate the late updates.

>pretending to care about security
>even considering forget using Windows at all

Can't you just steal the security patches for the enterprise version and install those?

>killer app

Attached: 1524943736333.jpg (1280x960, 216K)

>pulling security updates from 100% shady sources
I hope this is a joke and windowsfags aren't actually like this

Attached: 1530718891549.png (1095x609, 615K)

just use 10 ltsc or ubuntu you fucking autist

Attached: a3a.jpg (377x377, 27K)

On the plus side he's saying Linux is a legit option. I can see myself going that direction soon.

>muh security updates

Attached: IpDAgCi.gif (250x250, 396K)

>killer app
kill yourself

gonna be some sum hard decision one last possible day,
that or holy temple
i really don't want to go back to linux distros, where most open source mean bugs, instability, unreliability and fixing bugs common to handful of people or only yourself because of vast the choice of distros, editions and versions thereof is

>argues in support of Linux
>Jow Forums gets angry

What did nu-Jow Forums mean by this?

We get angry because he suggests that Windows 7 will become unuseable just because Microsoft aren't going to release worthless updates anymore, and because most of his dumb viewers will believe it.

I'd say that the guy that created Linux knows more than underage niggers on Jow Forums, so I'll be getting w10.

>he suggests that Windows 7 will become unuseable
He doesn't suggest that. It will still be useable, but it won't get any security updates so it'll be like fucking a Tijuana prostitute without a rubber.

Somebody’s going to make a pirate branch of wangblows 7 that will get modern security updates, r-right bros??

Attached: image.jpg (256x256, 51K)

why do retards like you keep forgetting that windows is not open source and we literally can't do anything with it outside the box?

if only they released to source code!!! we're not too far behind, seeing that I had to go on some sketchy as shit to emulate windows 3.1

lul you'd be surprised

Knowing Microsoft those extended updates are probably not going to be under any hard lock and key and instead may just require some configuration on the OS side and you’ll be able to source updates directly from MS servers
As of right now XP can still receive updates if it presents itself as POSReady 2009

Security on windows doesn't exist, neither does privacy. Might as well switch to Linux now or stay permanently cucked by windows 8.1 as it becomes the last usable windows in 2024.

Same. I'm going to give Mint another shot.

w10 mastor roce

>Security on windows doesn't exist
Such a tired meme

Attached: windows10.webm (1168x710, 1.69M)

L
T
S
B

Attached: 1524891790374.jpg (1420x1188, 169K)

First time I've actually watched anything by this guy.
I've seen his face Jow Forums 5000 times and just assumed he was a complete idiot.
Seems like a tuned in dude.

Attached: Screenshot_20190311_153217.png (607x244, 48K)

>muh security updates
>muh backdoors
>muh exploits
>muh viruses
retard alert

none of which will never ever ever in a million years happen to you

>security doesn't matter
retard alert

>what is POSReady
I don't even know if I'll be alive before the end of 2021, so I don't fucking care. Better than that W10 rubbish if I ever need windows.

He didn't say Windows 7 will become unusable, just that using the Internet will be risky (true) and you won't be able to upgrade your hardware in the long run (also true).
Lack of security updates generally just means your network services could get fucked (generally not a huge issue for home users behind NAT firewalls, but you could be more vulnerable if you need port forwarding for gaming), and you could get fucked by new holes in the way the OS handles data from the Internet (for example, possibility for something like fonts or a JPEG to become an attack vector because of vulnerabilities in the OS facilities).
The only real criticisms I can offer about the video are unnecessary FUD about automatic updates (seriously guys, just install them as soon as you're not busy instead of deferring them for several weeks, or use wifi and turn on mobile data restrictions), and no mention of dual booting (e.g. use Linux or Windows 10 for web browsing and Windows 7 for legacy applications).

Could you imagine Jimbo if youtubers were paying to make and keep up ad threads, disguising them as legitimate content? wouldn't that be quackin' crazy?

Attached: huhgneutron.jpg (359x320, 26K)

There was literally an user who had his entire computer held ransom because he was still on XP

> The only real criticisms I can offer about the video are unnecessary FUD about automatic updates
This
Most of the issues from windows update stems from the fact no one shuts down there damn PC and updates decide to pile up when patch Tuesday hits
My PC gets shut down every night and when updates do come around they take as a MAX maybe 30 secs to install on shutdown and startup, I’m never intruded on about updates with the only exception being the security patch for the exploit that wannacry took advantage of
I swear it seems like others are running an entirely different OS when they complain about automatic updates

>Linus shilling his operating system again
No surprise

Already on it
Waiting for Valve to put out EAC support once they've secured some sort of negotiation or wine patch on that front.

All the top 10 and top 100 games on steam will work by then.

Attached: 1548248514804.jpg (521x512, 23K)

You can't.
It's proprietary so you can't patch the source code.

this is really gay

I wonder what Brad Muir thinks about this image

this is really based

what are the best downloads and settings that make win10 like windows 7 or even 8.1

>W10

Attached: 1433282311107.jpg (320x320, 29K)

>mfw I switched to win 10 right when it was released and have been happy

Attached: NIG-.gif (607x609, 821K)

>going though all those hoops to modify an original XT with modern hardware AND manufacture an actual fake monitor bezel
>still just using some generic mechanical keyboard and shit mouse because too lazy to convert something from DIN to USB

linus lazytips

Attached: 1541539863226.jpg (305x301, 10K)

Tbh, best distro to go for is one with some money behind it, like Ubuntu, Fedora or maybe OpenSUSE?

Stop posting this dumb fucking meme you disabled fuck

yes. avoid homebrew shit distros and you'll be fine

Linus is a fuckwit that only rattles off consumer electronics rote memorized bullshit. The guy is an assclown and has no idea how to manage IT infrastructure. That fat, balding loser he hired a year ago seems half smart, but too little too late. What a clusterfuck of a "tech expert" he is.

Attached: alex_jones_hurr.png (986x797, 869K)

>complains that people running informercials are not actually professionals
wow dude u so smart pls marry my mother

I don't need to marry her to fuck her, son.

If you plan on using old a old windows version you have to put in the effort to harden the system. The extra updates even if installed manually. Making a custom install disk with non-essentials windows services removed, and remove not make invisible internet explorer, media player, etc. to reduce your attack surface. Having a image/media/web viewer that doesn't use system codecs and is updated, even if you have to compile yourself. Restrictions/policies on what executables can run, emet too. There's so much. Not trying to shill Linux or win 10, I use 8.1 and have been researching what it would take as a option to safely run a old os with internet access.
Example: I remember a kernel vulnerability involving font rendering, I think that was windows, if you don't have a security update for that and your browser uses system font rendering, you're out of luck.

I can't wait for 6 years from now when Microsoft drops Windows 10 support and all you cretins lose your shit again

There will not be another Windows version. And they have already dropped support for older builds of Windows 10.

>shilling his kernel

Just stop using windows
what the fuck is wrong with you people

B-but.. muh gayms!

that old ass ubuntu screenshot lol

No. Linux isn't a alternative, neither is macos. What else realistically is there, long term it seems besides my phone everything will be either non-internet connected or older.

>No. Linux isn't a alternative
why do you mistakenly think that?

Still have been using 8.1 since June 2014 and will keep on using it till January 2023.

>tfw will still use w7
i dont need to worry about security cause i use common sense.

Attached: 1546028249341.jpg (400x382, 14K)

Its not a mistake you subhuman trash.

>oh yes, please keep shoving that shit in my mouth, I hate it but please dont stop!

Why are you so mad? Just tell us why it's not an option for you.

kys, cultists

Hahahahahah Win 7 fags btfo.

Attached: Capture.png (612x361, 254K)

the mods were done by Intel, not Linus

that's not how it works lol

you could just...not install security updates. common sense will keep you safe in most cases and a dedicated cracker will break your windows anyway

New games need Windows 10.

>can't even provide a single reason why he absolutely must stick to windows
>calls others cultists
Stay cucked

Attached: 1411948230601.png (455x395, 448K)

Why is the audio so shit? It feels like they're trying too hard to make it sound professional and it ands up sounding like trash.

>30 seconds
>win 10 & 8 that hight
what the fuck are they testing with HDD's?

>muh slower system boot time
imagine all the cool things i could do in those saved 10/12 seconds...oh, actually there's none
also:
>turning your computer off

>you need muh SSD to boot 10s faster, goyim

New games are shit

Just use Windows 8 like me.

Bought my computer in 2016 and it crashes 4 or 5 times per day. There is no virus on it. I have done a complete system reset, run anti-virus scanners, etc. Windows is way WAAAAY more glitchy than you realize unless you do the absolute most plain, normie set of tasks at absolute default settings.
>Have second monitor
If you accidentally have the taskbar on the side of your screen so that it would be in the middle of the two displays, then switch to "extend this display", Windows crashes. Doesn't let you fix it or move the taskbar or anything, it just fucking crashes. Start bar stops working, taskbar starts glitching out, nothing opens anymore, it crashes. There are thousands of glitches like this.

>i said "lol" after "x" therefore i am superior and in the right.

fuck off plebbitor

>mfw I haven't installed any update on my W7 main machine for at least 4 years

Attached: Orc Class vs Twink Class [Qo_vwhunO7I - ziyuwvy].webm (1280x720, 1.17M)

The main issue is: Windows is proprietary, closed-source software, which GREATLY hinders progress in such efforts. If a maker of proprietary software stops supporting a product or won't implement the fixes you want/need, you're SCREWED.

Learn about software freedom: fsf.org/about/what-is-free-software en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_software

If Windows was free as in freedom software, like GNU/Linux, someone could just fork Windows 7 and continue their own development of it, or take Windows 10 and turn it into the OS everyone wants. Of course, this probably won't happen anytime soon.

My suggestion: switch to GNU/Linux. There is also BSD and other libre operating systems such as Plan 9/9front that may interest some enthusiasts. Unless you critically rely on some piece of proprietary software that has no alternative (most people don't), you really should make the switch. Operating systems, of all things, should not be proprietary in this day and age.

[note: Copy-pasted my own YT comment here, so my language here was catered to non-Jow Forums normies]

>I swear it seems like others are running an entirely different OS when they complain about automatic updates
This.
And unlike this user, I only reboot once every week or two, and have the exact same experience. Always super quick, nothing breaks (except my listen to audio config or default audio devices on the biannual feature update sometimes)

>Windows is way WAAAAY more glitchy than you realize
i know what W7 sucks at and i spent some time to fix those annoyances. sometimes you have to play with shell or registry but it pays off. it's been like 4 months since my last boot? and only to clean the dust
>it crashes 4 or 5 times per day
have you ever considered a hardware malfunction? last time my system crashed, i ran a memtest and found a broken RAM stick

>literally can't do anything
I'm guessing you haven't heard of reverse engineering or disassembly

Mint or Solus?

Attached: FB_IMG_1527874609306.jpg (720x632, 32K)

I'd say give Solus a try, I am actually thinking about installing it for my mom to replace her Win 7 install.. the "curated rolling release" model is really appealing to me.

nothing happens because most people are already on win10. new hardware comes with it and most wont know how to install something else and the rest got the update that installed it for them.

it probably means that software support will end just like it did with winxp. old things will work fine but you wont get new versions of browsers and other shit that normies want

Doom Eternal, Metro Exodus all great

this is really straight

If Win 10 boot in 38 seconds, you'd whine about it nonstop.

i wouldn't give a single fuck

>Seems like a tuned in dude.
well I would fucking hope so considering he's in charge of the linux kernel

I thought they ended the free upgrades. Is this still possible?

There was a workaround via accessibility options for a while, dunno if that's still valid

Windows 7 was the last good OS then Windows 8.1 came but then Windows 10 shot down it all seriously gtfo if you love Windows 10

>We
cringe