ITT: we're on Quora

Attached: quora-logo.jpg (300x300, 12K)

first

to cunny or not to cunny

>>/tv/

>If I have an IQ of 105, what does it mean?

Q: What is a gender?
A: That's a racist question.

why Java faster than C++?

I hate fucking Quora and the answers people give on it. Usually the answer is only tangentially related and really is about religion, politics, or whatever product they're trying to sell.

Why is Quora so cancerous.

My friend is insisting on getting a toilet, how do I convince him it is a bad idea?

>My son keeps dressing up as a girl and I've already exhausted all the traditional punishments, how can I get him to stop?

Why do zoomers think they're funny?

Isn't Quora owned by Facecuck?

Subtle

>let me tell you all about how I got a job at google. did I mention I have a job at google?

Attached: ryosuke drinking tea.gif (400x300, 1.64M)

Attached: 1521378570814.jpg (680x752, 85K)

>India specific answer, even though the question had absolutely nothing to do with fucking india
>answer from someone who obviously knows nothing about the topic given but thinks they are an expert
>answer with lots of pictures stolen from other websites and basically no relevant content
>answer that is basically just bragging about how great they supposedly are, again without any relevant content

>ask a simple question
>they reply with their life story
Why do they do this?

>Google search my question
>Click on Quora Link
>"PLEASE MAKE AN ACCOUNT TO CONTINUE"
>Make account
>Question doesn't help
>Ask specific question about sending a package from the post office
>4 replies with a life story
>Someone replies with "I don't know"
>Someone from India replies

I wouldn't say Quora is great for that. And I rarely see any pajeets there. But then at least 1 in 8 on this planet is a pajeet so even on Quora in English you're bound to see a few.

Most of the people I see in the English version are actually Brits, some Muricuns and a mixture of Europeans (Germans, French, Italian, some Scandis, some Romanians, etc).

Quora is more interesting for general purpose questions, it has pretty substantial sections for debates on current news, but it's pretty lacking in debates on culture. And it's not particularly great for super technical topics, like audio advice or neuroscience.

Occasionally some big shot replies there with some personal experience and you can read stuff you won't find anywhere else. Like there were some guys who worked on the first versions os MS-DOS and they were explaining some background info on how Bill Gates got the contract from IBM to produce Microsoft's first OS. Some actual boomer coders from the 70s writing replies on stuff like that.

Avoid all the marketing bs subjects, like life-improvement advice, all sorts of personal trainers and coaches giving you life advice, just hide all topics like that.

Ban Quora.

Quojeet

>he doesn't know about bugmenot

please sign in to continue reading this thread

Please download our app for a better experience.
>No option to close this message
Honestly, I liked Quora like 3 years ago. Spent more time there than any other site almost. Some of my answers got thousands of upboats. I stopped using it, and just checked it out not long ago, and holy shit, it's completely ruined, I'd never use it again.
>500 notifications
>"user upvoted an answer"
>"user shared an answer"
>"D'Angelo wrote an answer"
>Entire feed is "shares".
They destroyed that shit, it's going to die soon.

If the "please make an account to view this shit" thing pops up, press enter in the URL bar (not refresh). They let you see one question then try to block you for the next, but it doesn't work if you simply do CTRL+L, Enter for some reason. Refreshing, even cacheless is blocked though.

My child came home from elementary school today and told me "God hates fags." How do I teach my child that God doesn't exist and that being transsexual is good?

"Im from India blah blah blah" everywhere.

I've robbed a bank and now the police are shooting at me, what method do you recommend for escaping?

I hear you loud and clear. That's why we at AskForum.nz are dedicated to bringing you a quality experience. For quality open discussions there really is no substitute.
It is 98% Indians.

Node.js vs Php

Attached: 848.png (659x525, 205K)

both are good, use both
also dont use apache, use nginx

Given Haskell is objectively the better language, why did Google not use it for their search backend?

Use node.js because it's the best.

Bobby "bob" Bobson
CEO "Node Developers 4 U"
Contact me for Node Development tasks
[email protected]

Bob has answered over 345345 questions on Quora. For more quality answers by Bob just like this one, join Quora now!

Half of what ruined Quora is Google. It assigns an automatic and very significant SEO boost to every shit post, which can only ever have led to abuse.

>Write a quality blog post with great detail
>Page three on Google
>First two pages are shitty Quora threads

When this happens, you get shills, shitposters and "SEOs" flooding the scheme.

How do I act more like a psychopath?

Attached: C0D5_EeXcAUmTYt.jpg (1200x718, 181K)

>Ground Control this is ISS maintenance team 2, we've detected unusual acceleration from FASC 9 coming in, off-angle with a gate obstruction of about 22 degrees, do you have manual override control? Over
>...
>Ground Control is anyone reading this? We appear to be on collision course with another vessel, requesting intervention via manual override if available, how copy//over?
>"Ya gotta just be yourself bruh"
>Yes hello ground control? I don't copy say again over?
>"I was your age once, it's really all about confidence :)"
>Ground Control I am not sure I follow. What's the word on manual override? Again I think the craft is FASC 9....
>"Hey, your intelligence isn't just a number, you're stressing over something so arbitrary, just apply yourself"
>MEDE MEDE! GROUND CONTROL WE'VE GOT A DELIVERY CRAFT COMING IN HOT WE ARE ON COURSE FOR COLLISION.
>"Depending on others for help is a bit useless in the long run, you've have to learn to focus on what you can do and not what other people can give you."
>NEGATIVE, IT'S COMING IN TOO HOT FOR EVASIVE MANEOUVERS ON OUR END, GROUND CONTROL THE MANUAL OVERRIDE SYSTEM SHOULD BE ACCESSIBLE FROM IT'S LAST LAUNCH PAD, YOU'LL HAVE TO GET THEIR SYSTEM VERIFICATION...
>"Your throwing your uneducated ideas on how this job should be done out onto a platform examined by professionals, this is the reason the question format exists!"
>Prayers in Russian, English and French heard in the background
>"Hey, you gotta just talk to her, This is what I learned about this sort of thing is you can't be wrong with what you talk about, just who you talk to!"
>Inaudible Distortion
>" Yup, just remember 'A C T D' Always check the diff!"

Attached: iss_earth_orbit-1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 653K)

I agree Quora has good answers sometimes but gets ruined by the elitism and leftist bias and stuff

Attached: C0D6BUKXAAAztMC.jpg (606x63, 20K)

Attached: C0D6ShFXAAAWWtM.jpg (616x177, 20K)

Attached: C0n7TRjWIAA3IhL.jpg (623x362, 50K)

Attached: C0n7T6yWgAASFmQ.jpg (581x148, 19K)

The secret to having a nice experience with Quora is following enough quality writers, enough to make your timeline decent. Answers by random people, even when they have many upvotes, tend to be complete cancer.

self-promotion

I've always wondered what the incentive for this is. And they still never seem to get around to actually answering the question. I'm thinking about writing a tampermonkey script to just block them in Google.